It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 17415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 345, 346, 347, 348, 349
 The Video Game Thread 
Post Re: The Video Game Thread

Torgo wrote:
The spider is no slouch, but it's no Cyberdemon. Man, did that thing make me tear (what little hair I have) out!
As for Fallout, the fourth one has a lot of haters. I've only played it a little while and I like it so far, but man, I'm ready to put the community organizing on hold and go hunting, questing and exploring.

Oh, I loved the fourth one, what on Earth did people not like?!

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:29 am

Nostalgia is deadlier than any zombie in the Resident Evil 2 remake

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 am

Torgo wrote:
The spider is no slouch, but it's no Cyberdemon. Man, did that thing make me tear (what little hair I have) out!
As for Fallout, the fourth one has a lot of haters. I've only played it a little while and I like it so far, but man, I'm ready to put the community organizing on hold and go hunting, questing and exploring.

I've sank like forty or so hours into it so far and I find the settlement stuff kind of blah, but the sheer amount of stuff to do side-quest-wise has kept me from getting remotely bored.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Torgo wrote:

Sorry, somehow I overlooked that part of your post, but I wanted to respond to it.
What you say here is exactly what I did. After spending certainly less than an hour at the beginning sorting out what this building shit was about, I just hit the fuckin' road and had basically all the experience of Fallout 3 (minus Liam Neeson). Fascinating exploration, even more backstory to the game, all kinda hunting and fighting. But as I went along, I started to learn a little more and a little more about how the community building worked and was able to fashion sustainable outposts really quickly (I mean, in five minutes after a major encounter in a new area, I would have an outpost that could hold its own and I could just come back to whenever I wanted) all over the fucking map which made the game super-awesome. Then, when I actually started to get a little bored of wandering around doing awesome shit, which happens because the game is just SO big, I went back to these outposts and did outpost-building. Eventually I ended up with one that is unassailable and has like a huge sun-deck, I think it has a pool-table, a shit-load of people working it for resources and to be able to build and upgrade things, and it could be that game for a little while. And then I just went back out there and did some more of what the core game is about. Point being, you really don't have to engage that part of the game very much if you don't want to. But when you feel like you want to, as you semi-incidentally discover how it works along the way, then you have the option of doing all that too.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 am

Currently getting into Wolfenstein II, anybody have any opinions?
I am an odd-bird in that my favorite of them (I've played Wolfenstein, The New Order, and The Old Blood) is Wolfenstein, the 2009 version where you have supernatural powers and there are all these supernatural enemies and a sort of phantom-world that you can slip in and out of. I was mightily disappointed by The New Order because it lacked all that, but I got used to it. But the mechanics of these games are just weird to me.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:39 am

Wooley wrote:
Currently getting into Wolfenstein II, anybody have any opinions?
I am an odd-bird in that my favorite of them (I've played Wolfenstein, The New Order, and The Old Blood) is Wolfenstein, the 2009 version where you have supernatural powers and there are all these supernatural enemies and a sort of phantom-world that you can slip in and out of. I was mightily disappointed by The New Order because it lacked all that, but I got used to it. But the mechanics of these games are just weird to me.

Yeah i liked the new Wolfenstein games. Nice throwback to classic FPS while updating graphics story and characters for a very fun experience.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:06 am

Wooley wrote:
Sorry, somehow I overlooked that part of your post, but I wanted to respond to it.
What you say here is exactly what I did. After spending certainly less than an hour at the beginning sorting out what this building shit was about, I just hit the fuckin' road and had basically all the experience of Fallout 3 (minus Liam Neeson). Fascinating exploration, even more backstory to the game, all kinda hunting and fighting. But as I went along, I started to learn a little more and a little more about how the community building worked and was able to fashion sustainable outposts really quickly (I mean, in five minutes after a major encounter in a new area, I would have an outpost that could hold its own and I could just come back to whenever I wanted) all over the fucking map which made the game super-awesome. Then, when I actually started to get a little bored of wandering around doing awesome shit, which happens because the game is just SO big, I went back to these outposts and did outpost-building. Eventually I ended up with one that is unassailable and has like a huge sun-deck, I think it has a pool-table, a shit-load of people working it for resources and to be able to build and upgrade things, and it could be that game for a little while. And then I just went back out there and did some more of what the core game is about. Point being, you really don't have to engage that part of the game very much if you don't want to. But when you feel like you want to, as you semi-incidentally discover how it works along the way, then you have the option of doing all that too.
Nice to know that the game doesn't require you to finish rebuilding Sanctuary before letting you move on to other quests. I need to leave Sanctuary and go exploring anyway because the town doesn't have all of the building components I need.
There's nothing like that feeling of having a new world to explore in a Bethesda RPG. I feel like Tony Montana when he arrives in Miami.

Another game I played recently that I highly recommend is Papers, Please, a puzzle game where you have to verify passports and other documents at a border crossing.
I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but it had me on the edge of my seat. Besides having a family you need to support, there are recurring characters and underlying stories that make things interesting.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:09 am

Torgo wrote:

Another game I played recently that I highly recommend is Papers, Please, a puzzle game where you have to verify passports and other documents at a border crossing.
I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but it had me on the edge of my seat. Besides having a family you need to support, there are recurring characters and underlying stories that make things interesting.

Oh, I'll play something like that. I mean, I love story-based games. I thought What Remains Of Edith Finch was the bees knees, of course, Life Is Strange was just flat-out brilliant, Gone Home is a game that has stuck with me, and of course Firewatch.
Is it available for PS4?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 am

Papers, Please is a great game, but it stresses me out.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Apex Legends is good stuff.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:17 pm
Profile YIM

Wooley wrote:
Oh, I'll play something like that. I mean, I love story-based games. I thought What Remains Of Edith Finch was the bees knees, of course, Life Is Strange was just flat-out brilliant, Gone Home is a game that has stuck with me, and of course Firewatch.
Is it available for PS4?
It's more of a puzzle game than a story-based game, but if you like those other games, you'd probably like it.
It's not on PS4, but you can play it on Windows, Mac, iPhone or iPad.

Macrology wrote:
Papers, Please is a great game, but it stresses me out.

No kidding. When I miss something, the sound of the printout that reveals my mistake makes my heart clench.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Ace wrote:
Apex Legends is good stuff.

Yeah I played a little yesterday and fell assbackwards into a win which was fun. I don’t know how long the game will hold my attention at the moment but I’m excited to see what fun things they’ll add in the future

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 am

Deschain13 wrote:
Yeah I played a little yesterday and fell assbackwards into a win which was fun. I don’t know how long the game will hold my attention at the moment but I’m excited to see what fun things they’ll add in the future

Yep. My Legends are Bangalore and Lifeline. Haven't tried any other ones because their abilities don't appeal to me.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Yep. My Legends are Bangalore and Lifeline. Haven't tried any other ones because their abilities don't appeal to me.

I’ve been using Wraith a lot, especially as a beginner or if I can’t find a weapon right away. Going invisible really helps me get out of firefights alive.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 am

Deschain13 wrote:
I’ve been using Wraith a lot, especially as a beginner or if I can’t find a weapon right away. Going invisible really helps me get out of firefights alive.

Her Teleport ability really comes in handy in tight spots or as a scouting tool.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 345, 346, 347, 348, 349