It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 73585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1466, 1467, 1468, 1469, 1470, 1471, 1472  Next
 Recently Seen 
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

The Nameless One wrote:
What gets me is when he goes after another artist's work. The miserable fuck has nothing to show for his existence beyond a decade of being a microscopic dick on the internet. Here's my five propositions, YARN, go pirate Ableton and make a song. You have a month. Go do something with your shit self instead of this, you complete and utter cunt


MKS is a talented filmmaker and I think he can take a joke. Is there another artist I've offended?


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:01 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Melvin Butterworth wrote:

MKS is a talented filmmaker and I think he can take a joke. Is there another artist I've offended?
You have a month!


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:04 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

The Nameless One wrote:
You have a month!


Can I work up a cover of EPisode 1 using a Speak 'n Spell and a kazoo?


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Now I must depart and watch Captain Marvel. I'll be sure to have some deep and nuanced thoughts towards these super people blasting aliens with laser beams


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Melvin Butterworth wrote:

Can I work up a cover of EPisode 1 using a Speak 'n Spell and a kazoo?
I used a Nintendo Switch, the world is your oyster


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:11 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

*sigh* A theme of my work is that garbage is encouraging, I don't set the bar very high so others may clear it. I mainly wrote those songs for musician friends kinda as a way of saying "hey, I made a thing, you can too". There is no competition embedded in my art, it's just sincerity because yeah maybe I'm not the best producer but I'm out here trying to make something work. And a lot of it works! I'm proud of my work, I set out and accomplished exactly what I set out to do and maybe, just maybe, someone will make a song out of it.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:18 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

The Nameless One wrote:
*sigh* A theme of my work is that garbage is encouraging, I don't set the bar very high so others may clear it. I mainly wrote those songs for musician friends kinda as a way of saying "hey, I made a thing, you can too". There is no competition embedded in my art, it's just sincerity because yeah maybe I'm not the best producer but I'm out here trying to make something work. And a lot of it works! I'm proud of my work, I set out and accomplished exactly what I set out to do and maybe, just maybe, someone will make a song out of it.


Your music doesn't have to work for anyone but you. You have a few tracks I can almost get into.

Have you tried playing with audiotool? It's a light Java program that has drums and synths and allows for playing with loops. It's also free, which is a bonus.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

What the fuck happened in here?


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

This reminds me, are Weitzman and QGG still here ever?


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Wooley wrote:
What the fuck happened in here?


Nameless and Yarn.

_________________
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Wooley wrote:
What the fuck happened in here?


Somebody started a fight about superheroes.


Image

_________________
Captain's Log


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Image

_________________
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Image

"I'm an incel once a month, if you catch my meaning."

_________________
Last Great Movie Seen
The Spirit of the Beehive (Erice, 1973)


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

I liked in the Aquaman movie when Aquaman rode a kraken into battle.

_________________
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
One of us! One of us! My favorite thing that I caught was that the theater is playing The Space Man from Pluto, which was a hilariously rejected title for Back to the Future. Roth clearly was going for the Amblin feel and I think he got it. It is a tad too unrestrained with those for the kids jokes but it, along with Goosebumps, are just fine, light hearted family horror flicks.


Yeah, it had just the right amount of dark/scary content, but not anything too far. Like you said, a good horror film for a family.

One thing I did forget to mention was that I felt like the at-school social dynamics could have been better developed. Especially with the little girl. Don't worry, nerds! You can be socially awkward and weird and chase popularity, but that girl you were really rude to will still be there at the end to be your friend! It's a dynamic that could have worked, but it needed more time to develop. And to a degree I even felt the same about the boy with the broken arm. The plot arc with their friendship felt rushed/abbreviated and it didn't totally make sense to me from a logic point of view.

Wooley wrote:
I'm sure I'm gonna give this a shot, Jack Black just turns me of so much.


On my Jack Black annoyance scale, he was pretty low here. For example, I really enjoyed him in Jumanji, and I'd say that's about the vibe he's working with here.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Captain Marvel - 9/10

What the heck, that was great! Witty script, cool direction, 90s bullshit, Samuel L Jackson's young CGI is terrifyingly accurate, and that cat! I understand Wooley's complaints about the editing but it wasn't nearly as messy as I was expecting. Girl powerrrr vroom pew pew woosh, everything I coulda hoped for out of that movie


Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:32 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Melvin Butterworth wrote:

Nah, you're my John Carpenter. You need to smoke a little weed, chill out, and make the next great horror movie.

I accept these terms.

On the note of movies:

Oliver Twist: David Lean shot it like a noir, with stark shadows and grime that captured the world of Dickens extremely well. The extras gathered together dozens if not hundreds of extras that hinted at the grandiose epics he would come to make. Dug it though it being a straightforward adaptation of a story I'm familiar with made it a tad less engaging than I had hoped, as I didn't have such an issue with Great Expectations.

Gummo: Korine is what you get when you put Malick, Herzog and Waters in a blender, then drown the blender in a garbage can full of water. I dug it.

Love 3D: Noe's weakest film but every watchable in the 3D format. It manages to be extremely sexually graphic but not have the same sense of depravity that most films that have full penetration have, like In the Realm of the Senses or Nymphomaniac. I just wish the acting had been better (hard sell given the demands of the role) and that it had been about 50 mins shorter.

Ninja III: The Domination: The transfer was shockingly good and this is the kind of schlock I love. It's basically like Golan and Globus we're halfway through making another Ninja film, after the success of Revenge of the Ninja, then realized Potergeist was a huge hit and decided to change this into a rip off of that and it leads to the kind of absurd premise of "young woman possessed by a ninja out to take revenge on the LAPD" that leads to the true best of the worst. I highly recommend the entire Canon Group Ninja trilogy.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:41 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Takoma1 wrote:

Yeah, it had just the right amount of dark/scary content, but not anything too far. Like you said, a good horror film for a family.

One thing I did forget to mention was that I felt like the at-school social dynamics could have been better developed. Especially with the little girl. Don't worry, nerds! You can be socially awkward and weird and chase popularity, but that girl you were really rude to will still be there at the end to be your friend! It's a dynamic that could have worked, but it needed more time to develop. And to a degree I even felt the same about the boy with the broken arm. The plot arc with their friendship felt rushed/abbreviated and it didn't totally make sense to me from a logic point of view.



On my Jack Black annoyance scale, he was pretty low here. For example, I really enjoyed him in Jumanji, and I'd say that's about the vibe he's working with here.


The school scenes didn't even really register to me as out of the ordinary because they just felt like the way kids films portray schools. I think it's the problem that real life middle school would lead to an R rating so they resort to stereotypes.

Have you seen Jack Black in Goosebumps?


Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:44 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:

The school scenes didn't even really register to me as out of the ordinary because they just felt like the way kids films portray schools. I think it's the problem that real life middle school would lead to an R rating so they resort to stereotypes.


It was more that we see the little girl seem to realize that he's doing magic. There are all these scenes of her noticing him and I kept expecting that to go somewhere and then it just didn't. The film didn't take a beat to acknowledge that she might also be socially excluded. It's not the fact that this is a "kids" version of school, it's more that those characters are in the film and then just aren't used that well.

Quote:
Have you seen Jack Black in Goosebumps?


I haven't. I've been meaning to watch it, as I know someone who did a lot of costume design on the film.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Why yes, Charles.

_________________
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov


Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Takoma1 wrote:

It was more that we see the little girl seem to realize that he's doing magic. There are all these scenes of her noticing him and I kept expecting that to go somewhere and then it just didn't. The film didn't take a beat to acknowledge that she might also be socially excluded. It's not the fact that this is a "kids" version of school, it's more that those characters are in the film and then just aren't used that well.



I haven't. I've been meaning to watch it, as I know someone who did a lot of costume design on the film.

I'm not disagreeing that they weren't used well. I'm just saying it's something that seems to occur across the board in kid's films, even good kid's films.

Then you should definitely check it out! If you liked this, I think it'll be right up your alley.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:31 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

The Nameless One wrote:
Captain Marvel - 9/10

What the heck, that was great! Witty script, cool direction, 90s bullshit, Samuel L Jackson's young CGI is terrifyingly accurate, and that cat! I understand Wooley's complaints about the editing but it wasn't nearly as messy as I was expecting. Girl powerrrr vroom pew pew woosh, everything I coulda hoped for out of that movie

I think the ending summed it up perfectly.
" I dont need to prove myself to you OR Anyone else"


Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:15 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

The continued exploits of Samurai Movie Night, including two of the One-Armed Swordsman movies:

Zatoichi Goes to the Fire Festival - Korean beef cabbage radish soup (this was one of our favorite Zatoichi movies so far)
The One-Armed Swordsman - Chinese meatball cabbage soup and Dong Po Rou*
Return of the One-Armed Swordsman - Chinese short ribs
Zatoichi Meets the One-Armed Swordsman - Steamed pork and shrimp dumplings

*Dong Po Rou is a slow braised and steamed pork belly dish I had in Hangzhou, China (a recipe invented by 12th century Chinese poet, Su Dongpo), which is one of the best things I've ever eaten. I made it once before, to middling success, but this one came out comparable to what I had in China.

Also, the ending of the last one really blindsided me.

_________________
Ma`crol´o`gy
n. 1. Long and tedious talk without much substance; superfluity of words.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Macrology wrote:
The continued exploits of Samurai Movie Night, including two of the One-Armed Swordsman movies:

Zatoichi Goes to the Fire Festival - Korean beef cabbage radish soup (this was one of our favorite Zatoichi movies so far)
The One-Armed Swordsman - Chinese meatball cabbage soup and Dong Po Rou*
Return of the One-Armed Swordsman - Chinese short ribs
Zatoichi Meets the One-Armed Swordsman - Steamed pork and shrimp dumplings

*Dong Po Rou is a slow braised and steamed pork belly dish I had in Hangzhou, China (a recipe invented by 12th century Chinese poet, Su Dongpo), which is one of the best things I've ever eaten. I made it once before, to middling success, but this one came out comparable to what I had in China.

Also, the ending of the last one really blindsided me.


Fire Festival is one of my favorites. Misumi really cranked up the homoerotic subtext in that one.

TOAS is important for the trajectory of martial arts and the careers of Chang Cheh and Jimmy Wang Yu but I can't help but find Return to be a ton more fun.

Yeah. I was expecting it to pull another ZMY type thing. Then it did... That. Great stuff. You had a run of films I'm a big fan of.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:20 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

TOAS is a movie, with plot and character development and stuff like that. Return is just pull out all the stops, who cares if things get a little silly FUN from start to finish.

_________________
Ma`crol´o`gy
n. 1. Long and tedious talk without much substance; superfluity of words.


Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:06 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Ninja III: The Domination: The transfer was shockingly good and this is the kind of schlock I love. It's basically like Golan and Globus we're halfway through making another Ninja film, after the success of Revenge of the Ninja, then realized Potergeist was a huge hit and decided to change this into a rip off of that and it leads to the kind of absurd premise of "young woman possessed by a ninja out to take revenge on the LAPD" that leads to the true best of the worst. I highly recommend the entire Canon Group Ninja trilogy.


Not just any young woman, but "Special K" from Breakin'


Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:

Ninja III: The Domination: The transfer was shockingly good and this is the kind of schlock I love. It's basically like Golan and Globus we're halfway through making another Ninja film, after the success of Revenge of the Ninja, then realized Potergeist was a huge hit and decided to change this into a rip off of that and it leads to the kind of absurd premise of "young woman possessed by a ninja out to take revenge on the LAPD" that leads to the true best of the worst. I highly recommend the entire Canon Group Ninja trilogy.


I was just writing about this film a few months ago if I remember. My mom took my buddy Mike and I when I was 11 about to turn 12 all the way out to The Plaza in Lake Forest to see this movie.
I have great affection for it.
I was also a big fan of Enter The Ninja (with Franco Nero and Sho Kosugi), which I saw on Cinemax when I was about 10 or 11.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Ace wrote:
think the ending summed it up perfectly.
" I dont need to prove myself to you OR Anyone else"
I especially liked Jude Law hamming it up before getting the hammer dropped on him


I could stand to use that line more. Thank you, Carol Denvers, for the female empowerment


Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Melvin Butterworth wrote:
Have you tried playing with audiotool? It's a light Java program that has drums and synths and allows for playing with loops. It's also free, which is a bonus.
LOL, I appreciate it but I'm sitting on about 10+ grand worth of equipment and software to do this stuff with, hence the edginess. Future music, unfortunately, does have to work for other people or I won't make my investment back, but as Captain Marvel says I don't have to prove nothing..! Of course I do, ugh


Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:48 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Wooley wrote:

I was just writing about this film a few months ago if I remember. My mom took my buddy Mike and I when I was 11 about to turn 12 all the way out to The Plaza in Lake Forest to see this movie.
I have great affection for it.
I was also a big fan of Enter The Ninja (with Franco Nero and Sho Kosugi), which I saw on Cinemax when I was about 10 or 11.


I wished I had watched these as a kid. I'm experiencing retroactive nostalgia for them. I think Revenge of the Ninja is actually the best of the three so if you haven't seen that one, I highly recommend it!

Jezebel- Bette Davis is great and I loved the editing for the duel.
Greetings- Amateur DePalma trying to do French New Wave. It's enjoyable enough if very minor. De Niro's debut.
Trash Humpers- Amusing but too long even at 1hr 17 mins. Korine didn't have enough ideas to keep the white trash performance art afloat pass the halfway mark but I definitely have "make it make it don't fake it" and "three little devils" bouncing around.in my head.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Trash Humpers- Amusing but too long even at 1hr 17 mins. Korine didn't have enough ideas to keep the white trash performance art afloat pass the halfway mark but I definitely have "make it make it don't fake it" and "three little devils" bouncing around.in my head.

I don't consider myself a Korine fan but I did enjoy Trash Humpers, of all things. Maybe "enjoyed" is the wrong word, but you know what I mean. Not sure what this says about me.

_________________
Captain's Log


Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Captain Terror wrote:
I don't consider myself a Korine fan but I did enjoy Trash Humpers, of all things. Maybe "enjoyed" is the wrong word, but you know what I mean. Not sure what this says about me.

I enjoyed about 30 mins of content a great deal and never really found myself revulsed or anything. A tad bored and Korine's old man laugh did get a tad annoying but no real animosity towards the thing.

Korine is 3 for 3 thus far though Spring Breakers is far and away my favorite.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
I enjoyed about 30 mins of content a great deal and never really found myself revulsed or anything. A tad bored and Korine's old man laugh did get a tad annoying but no real animosity towards the thing.

Korine is 3 for 3 thus far though Spring Breakers is far and away my favorite.

I've seen all of them now (I think), and I generally respect what I'm seeing but never seem to connect with what I'm seeing. Trash Humpers, on the other hand, I completely "got" for whatever reason.

_________________
Captain's Log


Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:11 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
I enjoyed about 30 mins of content a great deal and never really found myself revulsed or anything. A tad bored and Korine's old man laugh did get a tad annoying but no real animosity towards the thing.

Korine is 3 for 3 thus far though Spring Breakers is far and away my favorite.


I don't like Trash Humpers much, and I sort of despise Mr. Lonely, but Korrine is aces with everything else he's done. Nothing touches Gummo though. Aside from a number of cheap and easy (non) laughs (killing cats to sell to the Chinese food restaurant...ugh, lame), I think it is pretty close to being a masterpiece and it is a pure distillation of the sort of film I want to see.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

It's been ages since I've seen it, but Gummo is remarkable and the best thing I've seen by him. Granted, the only others I've seen are Spring Breakers (which I also love) and Kids, which is what it is.

_________________
Ma`crol´o`gy
n. 1. Long and tedious talk without much substance; superfluity of words.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

If you enjoy war movies from a child's perspective like Come and See, The Tin Drum and Grave of the Fireflies (jeez, are there any bad movies in this genre?), I recommend Forbidden Games.

Like Fireflies, it features children relying on fantasy to cope with horror; in this case, Germany's 1940 invasion of France. After losing her parents and dog while fleeing Paris, five-year old Paulette takes refuge at a farm, where she bonds with the farmer's young son Michel. The kids bury the dog, and after agreeing that her pet needs company, they make a game out of burying dead animals as well as looting crosses to memorialize their graves. Their escapism is understandable not only because of the war: the grownups in their community are abusive, neglectful, prideful and deceitful. Naturally, the more the adults become aware of what Paulette and Michel are up to, the more their game - and more devastatingly, their friendship - gets corrupted. It all amounts to a moving and affecting story that proves that while the purity and innocence of youth fade, the process is needlessly painful - not to mention shorter-lived - when it happens in an environment full of needless cruelty. The quality of the movie's storytelling and filmmaking is top notch, but it’s the terrific performances of Brigitte Fossey as Paulette and Georges Poujouly as Michel that make it a classic. They are up there with Bjork in Dancer in the Dark and Haing S. Ngor in The Killing Fields as the very best performances by non-professionals.

_________________
Last Great Movie Seen
The Spirit of the Beehive (Erice, 1973)


Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:45 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Torgo wrote:
If you enjoy war movies from a child's perspective like Come and See, The Tin Drum and Grave of the Fireflies (jeez, are there any bad movies in this genre?), I recommend Forbidden Games.

Like Fireflies, it features children relying on fantasy to cope with horror; in this case, Germany's 1940 invasion of France. After losing her parents and dog while fleeing Paris, five-year old Paulette takes refuge at a farm, where she bonds with the farmer's young son Michel. The kids bury the dog, and after agreeing that her pet needs company, they make a game out of burying dead animals as well as looting crosses to memorialize their graves. Their escapism is understandable not only because of the war: the grownups in their community are abusive, neglectful, prideful and deceitful. Naturally, the more the adults become aware of what Paulette and Michel are up to, the more their game - and more devastatingly, their friendship - gets corrupted. It all amounts to a moving and affecting story that proves that while the purity and innocence of youth fade, the process is needlessly painful - not to mention shorter-lived - when it happens in an environment full of needless cruelty. The quality of the movie's storytelling and filmmaking is top notch, but it’s the terrific performances of Brigitte Fossey as Paulette and Georges Poujouly as Michel that make it a classic. They are up there with Bjork in Dancer in the Dark and Haing S. Ngor in The Killing Fields as the very best performances by non-professionals.


Yeah, Forbidden Games is good but harrowing.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Gummo is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's so criminally underrated.

_________________
Top 30 Favorite Films of All Time


Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:51 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Torgo wrote:
Haing S. Ngor in The Killing Fields as the very best performances by non-professionals.


One of the best ever, professional or not. It's already a pretty great movie without considering him, but when he's included, it's gotta be in the top 5 war movies I've seen.

Probably would look something like this

Come and See
Paths of Glory
Deer Hunter
Killing Fields
Lawrence of Arabia

(it seems I've allowed a recent rewatch of Lawrence to nudge Apocalypse Now off this list)


Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Macrology wrote:
It's been ages since I've seen it, but Gummo is remarkable and the best thing I've seen by him. Granted, the only others I've seen are Spring Breakers (which I also love) and Kids, which is what it is.


I respect Kids for what it does, but I've never really been all that big a fan of it. I think it's good, but that's about as far as I go. If I'm looking for lost youth movies with just as much grit, but substantially more poetry, Pixote is the winner here. It's a film everyone should see (if they are prepared for it).


Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

I didn't care for Kids, but I think it had more to do with Clark's directing than Korine's screenplay. Then again, I also didn't care for Spring Breakers, so there's that too.

_________________
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---


Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:50 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Torgo wrote:
Haing S. Ngor in The Killing Fields as the very best performances by non-professionals.

Yeah, watched this one a few weeks ago and it blew me away. It even pulled off that closing musical cue, which a lesser movie would have fumbled.

_________________
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!


Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Thief wrote:
Then again, I also didn't care for Spring Breakers, so there's that too.

That's cuz it fuckin' sucks.

_________________
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!


Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Rock wrote:
That's cuz it fuckin' sucks.


Yeah, sorta.

_________________
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:01 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Thief wrote:

Yeah, sorta.

:up:

_________________
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:05 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Rock wrote:
That's cuz it fuckin' sucks.

Look at my shit.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:22 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Look at my shit.

:down:

_________________
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:23 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Don't normally do this, but I'm partially through the '90s fantasy flick Dragonheart, and it took too long to get to this point, but after about 30-odd minutes of self-serious overscored dreck (dramatically clear if never engaging), it's turned into a weird sitcom-level satire of itself, with Quaid and Connery as an odd couple and the early CG effects by now so quaint that they almost turn back on themselves and add to the goofball energy. I'm not saying any of this is defensible or even all that good (it's less clever than Zemeckis' Beowulf), but at least the flick's got character now.

_________________
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

Rock wrote:
:down:

GANGSTA!


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recently Seen

DaMU wrote:
Don't normally do this, but I'm partially through the '90s fantasy flick Dragonheart, and it took too long to get to this point, but after about 30-odd minutes of self-serious overscored dreck (dramatically clear if never engaging), it's turned into a weird sitcom-level satire of itself, with Quaid and Connery as an odd couple and the early CG effects by now so quaint that they almost turn back on themselves and add to the goofball energy. I'm not saying any of this is defensible or even all that good (it's less clever than Zemeckis' Beowulf), but at least the flick's got character now.

I used to watch this one a lot as a kid but haven't seen it in forever. Curious how it would hold up if I ever revisit it. Self satire doesn't sound half bad.

_________________
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!


Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1466, 1467, 1468, 1469, 1470, 1471, 1472  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ThatDarnMKS and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.