It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 18759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376
 The Television Thread 
Post Re: The Television Thread

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
EDIT:PART II - Never mind. I guess season 3 dealt with all that nonsense at the camp with the old white racist guy and his two sons. I tried following it but it was just so overpowering in it's crapitude that I finally gave up. And this is coming from someone who's still hanging in there and watching The Walking Dead.

It was way, way, way, way better than The Walking Dead has been in at least 3 seasons. Like, I can't even quantify how much better it was.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
It was way, way, way, way better than The Walking Dead has been in at least 3 seasons. Like, I can't even quantify how much better it was.
But that's just it though. I sort of followed it. I still DVR'd it but I kept having to fast forward though all the Madison/Alicia/Nick stuff. I eventually gave up completely but the gist I got while half-watching it was Madison playing head games with the villainous but ultimately weak minded son. Meanwhile Alicia was kinda sorta playing footsie with his virtuous brother while Nick did some kind of one sided bonding with the old man. Luciana had been rescued by the Native Americans who were about to go to war with the old man over water rights that he had acquired through some kind of double cross or murder (I think). I did like the part with Strand down in Mexico a lot better. But half a show is still half a show.

And you're right about The Walking Dead. It has sucked for quite some time now. But FtWD isn't any better and I'm gonna stick with TWD to the bitter end and dance with the one who brung me.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am

The new season of Luke Cage looks like it might be better than the first season. I hope.

https://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3850943257/imdb/inline?ratio=1.77&rid=GKQH3DKTTCWCBN1AWG86&ref_=vi_tr_mp_i_4

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 am

With all the shows I'm watching and the amount of backlog I have on my plate, I doubt I would/could get back to FtWD for now. As for TWD, it has been a struggle to get through the last couple of seasons and I'm certainly not enjoying it. I haven't even finished last season, and I'm not in a hurry to (I think I have three episodes to go). It has become one of the dullest shows I'm currently watching.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:44 am

Thief wrote:
As for TWD, it has been a struggle to get through the last couple of seasons and I'm certainly not enjoying it. I haven't even finished last season, and I'm not in a hurry to (I think I have three episodes to go). It has become one of the dullest shows I'm currently watching.
I was going to recommend you go ahead and watch the last three episodes, if only to see the Negan arc finally play out. But to be honest, it was a letdown. It would have had to have been the series finest hour in order to get past all the teases and the interminable buildup. It wasn't. In usual series fashion it was ineffective and underwritten and left open ended. I can't remember the last time a series with such a large fanbase and intrinsic fealty screwed the pooch so often and so consistently. It was such a weekly wall to wall goatfuck that it seemed almost planned out. But like I said I'm in it till the bitter end. I keep half hoping it improves but my money is still on cancellation.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:09 am

That's what I supposed. I'm gonna put it in the backburner for now, but I'm sure eventually I'll see those last few episodes. It's such a pity that a show that started with such a bang and had such highs has become so boring.

On the other hand, there are shows that have had average/simply okay beginnings, but end up becoming such great shows. I finally caught up with The Americans finale, and damn, that was some amazing display of great television. A perfect finale, and probably one of the best series finale I've seen recently.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Last night's Archer season finale was...well, it was certainly better than last season as a whole. The show kind of bounced back from that disappointing outing. This year still wasn't near the heights of it's previous ones but it did show improvement. And the teaser for next season was promising. I'm thinking
Alien since the interior establishing shots were a dead ringer for the Nostromo.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 am

Watchmen set photos include some surprising reveals for HBO's TV version

Hopefully, they're including this particular detail from the comics because they've found a way to make it work on screen, and aren't doing it just to differentiate themselves from Snyder's otherwise faithful (but clunky) adaptation.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:59 am

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376