It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 18844 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 377  Next
 The Television Thread 
Post Re: The Television Thread

Takoma1 wrote:

I am not a psychologist nor a dabbler, but I think that it mostly comes down to the basic need to be appreciated/loved/understood. Hannibal is able to command a certain degree of respect/fear/awe through his acts and his intelligence, but I think that he longs for someone to truly understand him and his "art". Will's deep empathy makes him the perfect partner for someone with complex and atypical motivations and perspective on the world. I think that this longing is the reason that the show reads so easily as a love story--Will is literally the only person who completes Hannibal.

There is something beautiful and masterful that I think was more evident in the last season, and is how that duality, or ying-yang, comes into place. Will has always been very vulnerable and emotional, whereas Hannibal is more stoic, strong, and restrained. However, as their relationship grows, you see Will grow more stronger --still vunerable, but the way he behaves on his way to the finale, shows him embracing more of Hannibal's traits. On the other hand, as the season progressed, you could also see vulnerability in Hannibal, whenever Will was brought up; doesn't matter if it was during their meetings in the museum or in his cell, or if he was brought up in a conversation with Bedelia... and Mikkelsen was masterful in this, but you could literally see Hannibal lower his guard whenever Will's name was brought up. That duality and complementation is something that can only be done with great writing, almost perfect and patient buildup, and superb acting. The show has all three.

Takoma1 wrote:
I've always been more perplexed by Will's attachment to Hannibal. Like, I understand that they are two people who view the world in a unique and different way. I even at times understand how Will can see a certain beauty in Hannibal's "designs". But it will just never make sense to me the extent to which Will is able to sometimes set aside Hannibal's cruelty and sociopathy. The turning point for me, honestly, was kind of a throwaway scene. It's in season 2 (I think). Will is talking to that guy from the episode where the woman is found inside the horse. As they are talking, Will realizes that the man has a little pet mouse in his pocket. And he smiles in this really genuinely pure way at seeing such a delicate soul. In that moment I lost a bit of my suspension of disbelief about Will harboring affection for Hannibal. But then again, the heart wants what it wants. I think that the ultimate resolution of the season (and, as it turns out, the show) was a good way to mediate between Will's love for Hannibal and his inability to tolerate more pain and murder.

I wholeheartedly agree, and I'm not even sure why I didn't bring it up in my initial question. I suppose that Will's empathy, combined with his penchant for helping others, is part of what draws him to Hannibal. Obviously, their friendship begins when he doesn't know who Hannibal really is, and Will was always a loner, so it makes sense that he is drawn to a charismatic and intelligent fellow like Hannibal. But after he realizes who he is, maybe that empathy and that need to help others is what makes his longing for Hannibal even stronger.

Takoma1 wrote:
For the record (as you've finished the show), I thought that the fight between
Will, Hannibal, and the Red Dragon
and the ultimate conclusion of that whole sequence was one of the best television moments I can recall. Both great action and wonderfully layered meaning and emotion in that scene.

Agree again. It was "beautiful" (pun intended).

I mentioned him in my previous post, but I feel like I should bring up Richard Armitage's superb performance again. Stuck between Dancy and Mikkelsen's excellent performances, Armitage manages to hold his own and bring this great character to life with all the strength, vulnerability, and insanity of the "Red Dragon".

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Thief wrote:

I mentioned him in my previous post, but I feel like I should bring up Richard Armitage's superb performance again. Stuck between Dancy and Mikkelsen's excellent performances, Armitage manages to hold his own and bring this great character to life with all the strength, vulnerability, and insanity of the "Red Dragon".

I thought that he was really awesome. Manhunter (80s version) is my favorite property related to this universe (though the TV show is now tied with it), and Tom Noonan is such a distinct, memorable portrayal. I love that Armitage found a way to make the character his own without having to resort to anything that felt overly gimmicky. I also thought that his physicality was pretty amazing, especially in that one scene where he is contorting his body. I think it fits really well with the highly, highly visual nature of the show. (Yes, I know that all shows/movies are visual, but I feel like Hannibal was more comfortable than most in terms of letting imagery or non-verbal moments speak for themselves without needing a bunch of exposition.)

I've liked Armitage ever since seeing him in North and South, but most of what I've seen him in since then I haven't felt really showed the strength and presence that he can have. It was really neat to see that come out in Hannibal.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Takoma1 wrote:

I thought that he was really awesome. Manhunter (80s version) is my favorite property related to this universe (though the TV show is now tied with it), and Tom Noonan is such a distinct, memorable portrayal. I love that Armitage found a way to make the character his own without having to resort to anything that felt overly gimmicky. I also thought that his physicality was pretty amazing, especially in that one scene where he is contorting his body. I think it fits really well with the highly, highly visual nature of the show. (Yes, I know that all shows/movies are visual, but I feel like Hannibal was more comfortable than most in terms of letting imagery or non-verbal moments speak for themselves without needing a bunch of exposition.)

I've liked Armitage ever since seeing him in North and South, but most of what I've seen him in since then I haven't felt really showed the strength and presence that he can have. It was really neat to see that come out in Hannibal.

I'm also a Manhunter and Noonan fan (I pretty much dislike Ratner's stale and mediocre Red Dragon), but I agree with you. Armitage took the role and made it his own, which casually is also something I admire of Mikkelsen. The ability to take a role as iconic as Hopkins' Lecter and own it the way he did is admirable.

But anyway, back to Armitage. I really didn't know much of him until I saw The Hobbit a couple of months ago. He was pretty good there, but this role really brought him to my attention.

As for the visual imagery of the show, I don't think there's any doubt of the importance of it. Fuller's visual style was pretty much front and center and an integral part of the show.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 am

I'm not completely sold on Wormwood yet. With no disrespect to the Olsons, this is a story that could have been told in a feature length documentary instead of a miniseries. It's as if Netflix didn't think anyone would watch it if they couldn't binge it. Also, as good as Peter Saarsgard is, the dramatization seems unnecessary.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:04 am

Thief wrote:
Speaking of Bryan Fuller...

Yesterday I finished Hannibal, and what a great final run that was. To be honest, I really thought the whole season was pretty darn good in its duplicity. Both arcs are so distinct, so different, and yet they work so well off each other. Fuller and his writers really did a great job of putting things together in order for the story to feel organic. The dialogue was always top notch, and I'd be tempted to say that Dancy and Mikkelsen are one of the best pairs I've seen work off each other. Plus, kudos to Richard Armitage for bringing to life the Great Red Dragon. Loved him.

Not sure if it's the excitement of just having finished it, but I think this would probably stick on an All-Time TV Shows Top 10, if I ever made one.

While I didn't like Hannibal quite as much as you did (the 1st season had a few too many "serial killer of the week" eps, and the 3rd was too much of a straight adaptation of the books, one of which we've seen play out on screen twice already beforehand), the 2nd season was pretty great, and the overall show was still just so surreal and unique in its style that I can't help but miss it, such a one-of-a-kind experience it was; bring it back somehow someday, Fuller, bring it back!

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Stu wrote:
While I didn't like Hannibal quite as much as you did (the 1st season had a few too many "serial killer of the week" eps, and the 3rd was too much of a straight adaptation of the books, one of which we've seen play out on screen twice already beforehand), the 2nd season was pretty great, and the overall show was still just so surreal and unique in its style that I can't help but miss it, such a one-of-a-kind experience it was; bring it back somehow someday, Fuller, bring it back!

A lot of TV shows suffer from that "serial killer of the week" syndrome in their first season. I think it's part of starting up, building the characters first as we see them interact in their regular environment. And considering the neat thread they kept in the background of Hannibal treating Will, and the Abigail subplot, I thought it was pretty good. But I agree, the second season is where they really took it out of the ballpark. As for the third season, I'm a fan of Manhunter, but since I didn't care for Ratner's stale adaptation of Red Dragon, I was open for a more modern adaptation. I was pleased with the results.

But yeah, this was a show that lived and died on its style, with great performances to boot. But the visual style was always front and center. That's part of what makes me curious about American Gods.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am

And speaking of which, I'm looking for something new to watch. I have a couple of TV shows on my radar, but I wanted to look for recommendations. Here's a short list of what I'm curious about...

American Gods
Fargo
Westworld
American Horror Story
Carnivále
Deadwood
Berlin Station

Any word on any of these?

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:15 am

Thief wrote:
And speaking of which, I'm looking for something new to watch. I have a couple of TV shows on my radar, but I wanted to look for recommendations. Here's a short list of what I'm curious about...

American Gods
Fargo
Westworld
American Horror Story
Carnivále
Deadwood
Berlin Station

Fargo and Deadwood are fantastic. Also liked American Gods and Westworld.

If you have Netflix then check out Godless, Mindhunter, American Vandal, Black Mirror, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Stranger Things, Ozark, Ash vs Evil Dead, Happy Valley, Master of None, Lady Dynamite, Bojack Horseman.

If you have Prime check out The Man in the High Castle, Orphan Black and 11/22/63.

HBO: Veep, Silicon Valley, Game of Thrones.

Comedy Central: South Park, Nathan for You, Drunk Histor, Broad City.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:30 am

Deschain wrote:
Fargo and Deadwood are fantastic. Also liked American Gods and Westworld.

If you have Netflix then check out Godless, Mindhunter, American Vandal, Black Mirror, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Stranger Things, Ozark, Ash vs Evil Dead, Happy Valley, Master of None, Lady Dynamite, Bojack Horseman.

If you have Prime check out The Man in the High Castle, Orphan Black and 11/22/63.

Comedy Central: South Park, Nathan for You, Drunk Histor, Broad City.

I have Prime and Hulu.

Still, about the Netflix ones you recommended, I'm planning to check Mindhunter because I'm a Fincher fan. I also saw Stranger Things first season. Have to catch up with the second one. Have heard good things about Ozark, Master of None, Ash, and Bojack.

About the Prime ones, I saw TMITHC's first season and didn't really like it. I liked the premise, but thought the execution was poor, mostly in terms of dialogue/script.

HBO: I'm really not that interested in Veep, not sure why. Silicon Valley is also on my radar, mostly because I work on IT, and I'm up to date on GoT.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 am

I'm pretty sure only the first episode of Mindhunter is directed by Fincher.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:50 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
I'm pretty sure only the first episode of Mindhunter is directed by Fincher.

He directed four, the first two and the last two.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:54 am

Deschain wrote:

I'm of the opinion that Vice Principles belongs in the camp of best HBO shows of the last couple of years. Walton Goggins is GOAT sassy pants.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:59 am

Thief wrote:
He directed four, the first two and the last two.

Weird, I remember reading an article about it that said he only directed the pilot. I guess that explains why the last two episodes were so good.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:39 am

Deschain wrote:
Comedy Central: Nathan for You
I'm going to second Des's rec of NFY here; such a incredibly creative, loveably bizarre, hilarious, one-of-a-kind show. God bless that man, for real.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 am

Jinnistan wrote:
I'm of the opinion that Vice Principles belongs in the camp of best HBO shows of the last couple of years. Walton Goggins is GOAT sassy pants.

Goggins is fan-fucking-tasting on that show. The problem is him and most of the supporting cast are way more interesting than Danny McBride’s character, who plays the usual arrogant fool archetype he likes to cast himself in. But McBride is the one with the most screen time.

I always have a hard time trying to convince people to watch Veep since so many don’t seem interested initially and the first couple episodes are lukewarm. But when that show hits its stride the smart, sharp,witty ball-busting writing of that show is like no other.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 am

Deschain wrote:
Goggins is fan-fucking-tasting on that show. The problem is him and most of the supporting cast are way more interesting than Danny McBride’s character, who plays the usual arrogant fool archetype he likes to cast himself in. But McBride is the one with the most screen time.

I think that Neil Gamby is a very different form of arrogant fool than Kenny Powers. They both have McBride's signature affectations (and if he's just not to your taste, then it's probably a losing battle), but are diametrically opposite in many ways as characters. If they were brothers, I'm sure they'd hate each other.

As for Goggins, I don't think any episode is really lacking his scene-stealing and chewing, and this past season has a couple of episodes almost entirely devoted to him. And the two are always great when sharing the screen.

Deschain wrote:
I always have a hard time trying to convince people to watch Veep since so many don’t seem interested initially and the first couple episodes are lukewarm. But when that show hits its stride the smart, sharp,witty ball-busting writing of that show is like no other.

I've actually had more problems with some people not liking those aspects of the writing - the language, the dizzying speed, the absence of conventional laugh cues. But these are also people prone to typical sitcom dreck. And also people who claim to be sick of politics, missing the point that the show should appeal to those who are sick of the 'industry' through its devastating satire. Obviously, I disagree with these people, and I imagine that they've long stopped listening to my viewing advice.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 am

Quote:

You know what they say, it's not you, it's me. My preferences tend to go more towards thriller/drama TV shows and comedy/sitcoms aren't something I usually gravitate too.

On another note, I decided to check the first episode of Fargo and that was fucking amazing!

I literally gasped when Lester hit the wife with the hammer :shock:

Looking forward to the rest.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

I agree, Gamby is a guy who is trying his best to make the decisions that he believes are right, but he continues to be brought into a trap where he is going to suffer because of his basest desires. The influences of characters like Goggins only serve to cause him to make terrible choices. McBride really knows how to write interesting and complex characters.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Thief wrote:

You know what they say, it's not you, it's me. My preferences tend to go more towards thriller/drama TV shows and comedy/sitcoms aren't something I usually gravitate too.

On another note, I decided to check the first episode of Fargo and that was fucking amazing!

I literally gasped when Lester hit the wife with the hammer :shock:

Looking forward to the rest.
I felt that the 1st season of Fargo suffered a bit of a tonal imbalance (it started off trying a bit too hard to force a sort of Coen-imitation quirkiness, and then ended up a bit too dark toward the end), but on the whole, it was a strong season nonetheless; just wait until you get to that big tracking shot moment later on, damn.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Stu wrote:
I felt that the 1st season of Fargo suffered a bit of a tonal imbalance (it started off trying a bit too hard to force a sort of Coen-imitation quirkiness, and then ended up a bit too dark toward the end), but on the whole, it was a strong season nonetheless; just wait until you get to that big tracking shot moment later on, damn.

I actually think season 1 is my favorite as it had the most interesting and relatable characters with 3 being a close second. I know everyone loves 2 and it’s still damn good but it’s just not quite as memorable.

And to respond to your previous post, yes Nathan For You is amazing. You won’t find a show as weird, unique and magical as Nathan For You.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Oh yeah, and I just noticed this on Youtube:

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Top 10 series of 2017.

1. Mindhunter
2. The Expanse
3. Legion
4. Rick & Morty
5. Big Little Lies
6. Inside Number 9
7. Castlevania
8. 13 Reasons Why:
9. Five Came Back
10. American Gods

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 am
Profile WWW

The Crown's second season is fantastic. I especially liked "Beryl" - talk about sexy - and "Dear Mrs. Kennedy," which may be even better than The Queen feature film. With no disrespect to the great Olivia Colman, it's a shame that Foy, Smith, Kirby, et al aren't returning. Surely with the use of makeup and/or CGI, they could have eked another season out of this cast...

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 am

Game of Thrones Officially Confirmed to Return For Its Final Season... in 2019

:(

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:33 am

Damn!

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 am

Slentert wrote:
Top 10 series of 2017.

1. Mindhunter
2. The Expanse
3. Legion
4. Rick & Morty
5. Big Little Lies
6. Inside Number 9
7. Castlevania
8. 13 Reasons Why:
9. Five Came Back
10. American Gods

13 Reasons Why is trash.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Oh my God, Big Little Lies and Stephen King's It are almost exactly the same:
They're both small communities terrorized by evil Skarsgards and both communities learn the power of community and friendship.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 am

Gillian Anderson says she's done with The X-Files AND American Gods now

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:22 am

Thief wrote:
American Horror Story
Carnivále
Deadwood

I watched the first season of American Horror Story and found it really meh. Too many elements just taken from horror movies, but in the way that felt like copying instead of an homage, if that makes sense. Other seasons have better reputations, but I've had little interest in revisiting it.

Carnivale is up and down. But it's also very quick to get through and does have some very compelling/chilling moments. One downside is that because it was not renewed it ends in a place I did not find very satisfying, narratively speaking.

I watched the first two seasons of Deadwood and quite enjoyed them, but I kind of burned out on the show. I would recommend it, though.

And I know you just said that comedy isn't really your thing, but any action/sci-fi fan should check out the series Future Man on Hulu. It takes a few episodes to find its stride, but darn it if by the last episode I wasn't actually moved to tears. Every character is given dimension. Eliza Coupe's line delivery is amazing, Derek Wilson's Wolf gets amazing dialogue, and Keith David gives the show hilarity and heart. The bottle episode "Pandora's Mailbox" is probably one of my favorite episodes of television that I watched this year.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
I watched the first season of American Horror Story and found it really meh. Too many elements just taken from horror movies, but in the way that felt like copying instead of an homage, if that makes sense. Other seasons have better reputations, but I've had little interest in revisiting it.

Carnivale is up and down. But it's also very quick to get through and does have some very compelling/chilling moments. One downside is that because it was not renewed it ends in a place I did not find very satisfying, narratively speaking.

I watched the first two seasons of Deadwood and quite enjoyed them, but I kind of burned out on the show. I would recommend it, though.

And I know you just said that comedy isn't really your thing, but any action/sci-fi fan should check out the series Future Man on Hulu. It takes a few episodes to find its stride, but darn it if by the last episode I wasn't actually moved to tears. Every character is given dimension. Eliza Coupe's line delivery is amazing, Derek Wilson's Wolf gets amazing dialogue, and Keith David gives the show hilarity and heart. The bottle episode "Pandora's Mailbox" is probably one of my favorite episodes of television that I watched this year.

I'm curious about AHS mostly because the settings it seems to visit seem right up my alley. But although it's going on its eight season (and already renewed for a ninth), the fact that few people seem to be talking about it keeps me a bit wary.

As for comedy, it's weird because it's not that it isn't my thing, but rather that it's not the first thing I'm drawn towards, so I rarely end up watching comedies. That said, I'm enjoying the hell out of some comedies like Superstore (which has been a pleasant surprise), Last Man on Earth, and most notably, Catastrophe. Anyway, I'll see if I can check Future Man. The fact that it has Keith David is a plus. Thanks!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Stu wrote:

I'm by episode 1x08 and I'm loving it, but I can see where you come from. Episode 1x06 was particularly dark. I'm loving some of the characters so I'm a bit worried about what will happen in the last two episodes. Hold me, please :(

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:04 pm

Thief wrote:
As for comedy, it's weird because it's not that it isn't my thing, but rather that it's not the first thing I'm drawn towards, so I rarely end up watching comedies.

I'm the exact same way. Maybe because I can enjoy a so-so thriller but I find mediocre comedy to be so painful.

Anyway, Future Man shocked me by being one of my favorite shows of the year, period. Right up there with The Good Place (though a very different kind of humor).

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:42 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I'm the exact same way. Maybe because I can enjoy a so-so thriller but I find mediocre comedy to be so painful.

Anyway, Future Man shocked me by being one of my favorite shows of the year, period. Right up there with The Good Place (though a very different kind of humor).

Comedy and horror tend to be really alike, in that there is so much garbage out there. I cringe whenever I see a comedy trailer show up in the movie previews. There's a lot of funny people out there, but they're in the background

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 am

FX gives series order to Sons Of Anarchy spin-off "Mayans MC"

Yay, even more greasy strutting!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:31 am

Joss Whedon wrote:
Comedy and horror tend to be really alike, in that there is so much garbage out there. I cringe whenever I see a comedy trailer show up in the movie previews. There's a lot of funny people out there, but they're in the background

The difference for me is that I can laugh at bad horror. With bad comedy there's nowhere to go.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:21 am

Well, I just finished Fargo's first season and this was surely some damn fine TV. Easily one of the best shows I've seen recently. Please, somebody tell me that the next seasons are just as good.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:21 pm

Thief wrote:
Well, I just finished Fargo's first season and this was surely some damn fine TV. Easily one of the best shows I've seen recently. Please, somebody tell me that the next seasons are just as good.
Glad you liked it. Seasons 2 and 3 aren't quite as good as the first one, but they're still superb television.
Oh, and it sounds like the show's hiatus isn't as long as we thought it would be: Season 4 in 2019

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm of the opinion that Season 2 is better than Season 1.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:49 am
Profile YIM

Fargo S2 >>>>>> Fargo S1

Dunno about 3

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:06 am

The A.V. Club tells you what TV to watch in 2018

Electric Dreams in particular sounds very promising, I feel:

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:57 am

Game Of Thrones shows Westeros' history a little clearer in the animated Conquest & Rebellion

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 am

The official trailer for The Terror, AMC's adaptation of Dan Simmon's novel, is up:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 am

Bryan Fuller is adapting Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles for TV

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 am

Holy shit, he's perfect. Hannibal was already about beautiful, homoerotic killers.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:18 pm

I was commenting about this on another forum and I think he's perfect. Having read the first 4-5 books of The Vampire Chronicles, I look forward to what he brings to the table.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 am

I have a silly question about an old show I don't really care about, but it's been bugging me all day.

So, SPOILERS for ER, in case anyone cares...

For some reason, I was reading about Paul McCrane and ended up reading some bits about his chaacter in ER, Robert Romano. I've never seen the show, nor do I care about it, but I was surprised to read the following sequence of events. In Season 9, Romano has his arm accidentally cut off by a helicopter rotor blade while evacuating a patient from the hospital rooftop. They put a mechanical arm on him, but obviously can't perform surgery again. Becomes Chief of something. Then in Season 10, he goes to the rooftop for the same, but when he sees the helicopter waiting, sorta freaks out and hands someone else the clipboard, and runs downstairs and to the street to get some air. The thing is that the helicopter has some malfunction, starts spinning around, falls down the side of the building and crashes ON TOP of Romano killing him. I mean, was this meant as a joke? How was this taken seriously back in the day?

Here are some videos for those curious about it...

I know it's a weird thought to bring to the table, but it's just been on my mind all day.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:57 am

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Thief wrote:
I have a silly question about an old show I don't really care about, but it's been bugging me all day.

So, SPOILERS for ER, in case anyone cares...

For some reason, I was reading about Paul McCrane and ended up reading some bits about his chaacter in ER, Robert Romano. I've never seen the show, nor do I care about it, but I was surprised to read the following sequence of events. In Season 9, Romano has his arm accidentally cut off by a helicopter rotor blade while evacuating a patient from the hospital rooftop. They put a mechanical arm on him, but obviously can't perform surgery again. Becomes Chief of something. Then in Season 10, he goes to the rooftop for the same, but when he sees the helicopter waiting, sorta freaks out and hands someone else the clipboard, and runs downstairs and to the street to get some air. The thing is that the helicopter has some malfunction, starts spinning around, falls down the side of the building and crashes ON TOP of Romano killing him. I mean, was this meant as a joke? How was this taken seriously back in the day?

Here are some videos for those curious about it...

I know it's a weird thought to bring to the table, but it's just been on my mind all day.

?????????
My college roommate was obsessed with ER, so I had to watch every episode of Season 1 (yeah, we weren't exactly the party dorm). But I'd checked out long before this, never even heard of it. Didn't know Linda Cardellini was ever on the show, in fact. Based on the YT comments, this character was a "love to hate him" kind of thing, so this was probably a big moment for viewers at the time. Weird. And the show was on another 5 years after this?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 pm

What's with Pacino playing people who have fallen from grrace?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:14 pm
Profile YIM

In case you don't feel old enough...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 18844 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 377  Next