It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 18717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 371, 372, 373, 374, 375
 The Television Thread 
Post Re: The Television Thread

Sat May 12, 2018 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Brooklyn Nine Nine claimed on waivers by NBC. I would have preferred it be The Last Man On Earth but whatever.

Sun May 13, 2018 6:46 am

Captain Oats wrote:
Huzzah!

Sun May 13, 2018 10:45 am

Anyway, I forgot to share this earlier, as it's one of the funnier bits I've seen from SNL in some time, with a great premise that's, well, pretty self-explanatory:

Although, one minor nitpick I have with it is that it would've been funnier if, instead of whispering, if the entire cast had actually communicated in ASL, instead of just some token use of it from Beck Bennett's Krasinski look-alike; not only would this have made it more accurate to the film, but also, I'd argue, make it even funnier, as it would've served as a greater contrast, playing everything out in complete (but frenzied) silent communication, before the inevitable freak-outs happen and serve as one of the only major sources of noise. I mean, can't you just imagine how much funnier that would've been? Aw, SNL, always squandering some of your comedic potential. Still very much worth watching, though.

Sun May 13, 2018 12:04 pm

I binged The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime over the weekend. It's incredibly entertaining, not to mention a showcase for the acting talent of Rachel Brosnahan, who you may know as the prostitute from House of Cards. Tony Shalhoub and Alex Borstein are also very good. It also has an even more impressive depiction of late '50s New York than Mad Men, believe it or not.

Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Torgo wrote:
I binged The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime over the weekend. It's incredibly entertaining, not to mention a showcase for the acting talent of Rachel Brosnahan, who you may know as the prostitute from House of Cards. Tony Shalhoub and Alex Borstein are also very good. It also has an even more impressive depiction of late '50s New York than Mad Men, believe it or not.

I've been curious about it mostly for Brosnahan. I should add that she was great in the criminally underrated, underseen, and short-lived show Manhattan.

Tue May 15, 2018 12:04 am

They've been advertising that on Instagram with the clip of Shaloub turning off the TV and the kid crying, which I thought was pretty funny.

Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
They've been advertising that on Instagram with the clip of Shaloub turning off the TV and the kid crying, which I thought was pretty funny.
There are a lot of funny moments like that, many involving Shalhoub. He also builds a little fort out of old books.

Tue May 15, 2018 2:14 am

Barry season finale was fine as far as wrapping up a few storylines but the epilogue was confusing in that the aftermath came off like another of Barry's reveries. I kept wondering, "Wait...is this real?" I'm still not completely sure it was but if so it was a bit of a misstep. All in all though a pretty good show and one worth checking out if you haven't.

Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
Barry season finale was fine as far as wrapping up a few storylines but the epilogue was confusing in that the aftermath came off like another of Barry's reveries. I kept wondering, "Wait...is this real?" I'm still not completely sure it was but if so it was a bit of a misstep. All in all though a pretty good show and one worth checking out if you haven't.

They talk about that here.
http://collider.com/barry-finale-explained-bill-hader/

Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 pm
Profile YIM

Why does the last episode of Barry need an explanation?

Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 am

I saw Mayim Bialik on Colbert this week. I'm maybe a little sore that she still is responsible for my having a post taken out of contxt and posted on twitter by one of Weinstein's victims, due to her belief that being frumpy and Jewish is the best defense against sexual harassment. So of course she's orthodox.

Colbert asks her about the Nephilim, because she's orthodox, and naturally she has no idea what the Nephilim are. I mean, why should she, except that the orthodox Jewry like to act superior precisely for knowing such dumb shit. She claimed that it was a different bible, but of course, she's stupid. The Nephilim are in the Hebrew Pentateuch, duh. I only hope that eventually enough of this country's stupid bastards forget to keep watching the Big Bang Theory so we can all forget to remind ourselves of this bitch.

Wed May 16, 2018 2:56 am

Jinnistan wrote:
The Nephilim are in the Hebrew Pentateuch, duh.

Got 'er!

Mayim, you eat that shit!

;)

[That is a bit surprising that she claims orthodoxy and they don't even talk about the variant translations of "unicorn" in the Bible either. If I'd been in the guest chair, I would've enjoyed the hell out of that conversation. Shooting the shit about Leviathan and Behemoth and the monoceros and the mythic Ziz that *might* be cited in an offhand way. Shit's fascinating.]

Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 am

DaMU wrote:
More like Turd Blossom.

Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 am

DaMU wrote:

Got 'er!

;)

[That is a bit surprising that she claims orthodoxy and they don't even talk about the variant translations of "unicorn" in the Bible either. If I'd been in the guest chair, I would've enjoyed the hell out of that conversation. Shooting the shit about Leviathan and Behemoth and the monoceros and the mythic Ziz that *might* be cited in an offhand way. Shit's fascinating.]

I may have been a little harsh, but here's the thing. Colbert was obviously trying to make a common connection with their faiths, and she just sorta brushed him off like a weirdo. She's obviously very proud of her orthodoxy, except that stuff about biblical literacy it seems, and that pride comes off as conceited both in her lack of knowledge and her apparent disinterest in it.

All in all, it's a pattern from everything I've been seeing or reading about her. The Weinstein thing is still worse though. Blossom is just not a very good person.

Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 am

Captain Oats wrote:

Speaking of: the Brooklyn 99 season finale was so good.

--We have not met.
--Yes we have.
--Did you sell me horse blood?
--No!
--Do you want to buy some horse blood?
--NO!

Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 am

Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 371, 372, 373, 374, 375