It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 1779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 A Corrierino Awareness Thread 
Post Re: A Corrierino Awareness Thread

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
"He has obstructed the Administration of Justice", as the Declaration of Independence states.

Yeah, I saw where someone made the King George comparison. I think that "obstruction" would be the opposite of "faithfully executing" described in Article II. And anyway, he's not a crook, yada yada.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 am

don't blame me I voted for Helen Gahagan Douglas

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Just gonna leave this here:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:55 pm

I assume that we've all lost the ability to even know where to begin.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:00 am

caption this, lol

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 am

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:
caption this, lol

"I would say that the level of relationship is a 10."

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 am

but seriously though, should I hope that our allies call his bluff? I am by no means an accelerationist or an anarchist although I doubt that even if they didn't acquiesce to his demands Trump would follow through. he'd still look petulant either way. and that's not a good look for us!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 am

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:
but seriously though, should I hope that our allies call his bluff?

It's a tough question. As a Canadian, I instinctively would like Trudeau to stand his ground, but an unleashed hardline Trump policy towards trade with Canada could potentially cripple us. But at the same time, fuck Trump. People need to begin standing up to this cunt, regardless of possible repercussions.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 am

it would hurt us as well. that's why I wouldn't take his threat at face value. like a lot of stuff that he's said.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Gee, I hate to place any hope on the GOP at this point, but there have been some rather disturbed reactions coming from the more sober-minded pragmatists - the same ones who have been backing Trump almost solely for economic reasons (tax cuts, deregulations, sustained boom). Nearly every professional economist I've seen, across ideology, thinks that this is precisely the wrong time to be attempting this kind of trade posturing, with the most optimistic simply choosing to believe that there's no way that Trump would be so stupid as to go through with his bluff. Most of them are more frightened, and are taking Bernanke's prediction very seriously.

Also, I've either seen Republicans who are choosing to ignore Trump's comments about Russia this weekend, or who are quietly suggesting that it can only mean that he's guilty as a ratfucking dog. Again, I have very little hope that they will spine-up anytime soon.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Gee, I hate to place any hope on the GOP at this point, but there have been some rather disturbed reactions coming from the more sober-minded pragmatists - the same ones who have been backing Trump almost solely for economic reasons (tax cuts, deregulations, sustained boom). Nearly every professional economist I've seen, across ideology, thinks that this is precisely the wrong time to be attempting this kind of trade posturing, with the most optimistic simply choosing to believe that there's no way that Trump would be so stupid as to go through with his bluff. Most of them are more frightened, and are taking Bernanke's prediction very seriously.

thoughts and prayers.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm

There also seems to be a universal consensus among economists that Trump has no idea what a trade deficit is.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:14 pm

"Who cares, he's stickin' it to the globalists isn't he? We've been the world's saps for too long! No more bowing and scraping Obama!"

but I don't know if I can assume this is what's going on in Trump's head. once again I'm throw for a pretty serious loop since like you (Janson) said, you would think this would be the breaking point for a lot more Republicans. but they've forgiven an awful lot in the past.... it's just so endlessly strange.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Looks like they have a photo of top NRA officials meeting in Moscow with, not only Russians and not only sanctioned Russians but, Russians who have very publicly expressed opinions about taking down Western Civilization. And their "dark money" donations include a lot of suspicious LLCs.

So meek and mild.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Looks like they have a photo of top NRA officials meeting in Moscow with, not only Russians and not only sanctioned Russians but, Russians who have very publicly expressed opinions about taking down Western Civilization. And their "dark money" donations include a lot of suspicious LLCs.

So meek and mild.

And there are some new revelations about Russian involvement in Brexit as well! Farage had to kick a reporter off his radio show.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:12 am

"I think we understand each other." - Probably the truest thing Trump said about the summit. Fat, pissy narcissist with daddy issues? Like looking in a mirror.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 am

Michael Cohen's lawyers walk out on him two days before his seized documents are turned over to investigators. Apparently he hadn't been paying them.

So much jail.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 am

Jinnistan wrote:
Apparently he hadn't been paying them.
I wonder where he learned that move from.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:10 am

BL wrote:
I wonder where he learned that move from.

I did read a suggestion that Cohen was under the impression that the Trump Organization was picking up the tab. Ewps.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am

Jinnistan wrote:
I did read a suggestion that Cohen was under the impression that the Trump Organization was picking up the tab. Ewps.
As someone who grew up just outside Atlantic City, that's the most ridiculous assumption I can think of. The Trump Organization doesn't pay for shit. The Trump Organization cashes the check and immediately files for bankruptcy to leave everyone else holding the tab. If you hitch your wagon in 2018 to the idea that The Trump Organization will pay your bills, you may be mentally incapacitated.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 am

if I had written a story about migrants being detained in a hollowed-out Wal-Mart, I assume I would be criticized for such tacky and obvious symbolism.

fuck this country.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Trump is going full abusive spouse

also I am well aware that the immigration policy under Obama wasn't super great either and that I'm only commenting on it now because my dislike of Trump has made me deranged.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:
Trump is going full abusive spouse

"How could Putin resist such a tender, enticing Crimea that Obama laid out for him, so tight and tempting? Such an injustice to continue persecuting a great, strong man for having natural territorial needs. Obama knew what he was doing. So coy!"

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Chloe Dykstra, Chris Hardwick's ex-girlfriend, just posted this confessional article on the abusive relationship he made her suffer through for years:

Rose-Colored Glasses

Be forewarned, this one was a very tough, upsetting read to get through, but well worth it if you can stomach it.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:27 am

What's the best way to follow up Jefferson Sessions invoking a bible verse frequently employed in the antebellum to defend slavery to also defend his current immigration policy?

How about if Trump resorts to the language of Nazi propaganda?

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 am

Brian Kilmeade claims that "in my neighborhood" immigrant children frequently turn to MS-13 gangsters.

Is he hearing these stories from his pool boy?

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 am

Jinnistan wrote:
What's the best way to follow up Jefferson Sessions invoking a bible verse frequently employed in the antebellum to defend slavery to also defend his current immigration policy?

How about if Trump resorts to the language of Nazi propaganda?

plus he's nailed the symbiotic relationship between your elitist overclass and parasitic underclass, presumably squeezing the hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding, forgotten American in the middle.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:18 am

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:
plus he's nailed the symbiotic relationship between your elitist overclass and parasitic underclass, presumably squeezing the hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding, forgotten American in the middle.

Michelle Goldberg made this connection during the campaign, pointing out how Trump's paranoia regarding immigrants/Muslims, being both parasites clawing for unearned prosperity as well as being embedded among the "liberal elite", mirrors the anti-Semitic Nazi stereotypes of the Jew, a lowly verminous people who are secretly pulling the strings behind every major global event.

Trump has mastered the textbook.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 am

I assume I don't need to write out why I don't think Trump deserves kudos for ending child separation. I'll just have to risk looking like the kind of partisan asshole who rants about anything and everything Trump does.

also I know there have been plenty of Trump critic critics who have pointed out the similarities between Obama and Trump's immigration policies (i.e. not the child separation stuff) and why that didn't produce any outrage. and they're not wrong even if I suspect the narrative they're pushing is "Trump critics are hypocrites" and not the common thread of immigrant abuse throughout different presidential administrations. though I would then wonder why Obama's immigration policies didn't stop Trump from connecting with voters with his 'tough on immigrants' rhetoric. I just wanna know what they want.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 1779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36