It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 17166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 340, 341, 342, 343, 344
 The Video Game Thread 
Post Re: The Video Game Thread

I really need to play Far Cry 3 and its spinoff, Blood Dragon.
Far Cry 1 is sort of like Dark Souls in first-person shooter form: frustrating, hard as hell - I smashed a very nice keyboard in frustration because of it - but oh so rewarding when things go your way. I count finishing it as one of my best gaming accomplishments.
Far Cry 2 is fun, albeit for a while. I never completed it. While I like its open-world gameplay, it's not nearly as challening as the first game and many of the missions are exactly the same, so much so that I lost interest.
From what I've heard, it's part 3 where the series hit its stride.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:30 am

Torgo wrote:
I really need to play Far Cry 3 and its spinoff, Blood Dragon.
Far Cry 1 is sort of like Dark Souls in first-person shooter form: frustrating, hard as hell - I smashed a very nice keyboard in frustration because of it - but oh so rewarding when things go your way. I count finishing it as one of my best gaming accomplishments.
Far Cry 2 is fun, albeit for a while. I never completed it. While I like its open-world gameplay, it's not nearly as challening as the first game and many of the missions are exactly the same, so much so that I lost interest.
From what I've heard, it's part 3 where the series hit its stride.

Blood Dragon is so awesome.
And I agree, 3, while not without it's flaws, is a damn-good game. I still think 2 is the best of the series, but I don't know if it's even playable anymore. 4 is good but feels sometimes like just more of 3 (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:57 am

Hey everyone, let's get super into Spy Party while it's $15.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:57 am

Just got back from a 12 hour day at PAX East. So fun!

Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Far Cry 5 has been my first jump into the series, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Wooley's right about the random enemy encounters, they're nonstop, but otherwise I've gotten way more into it than I expected given my animosity toward first person shooters. Co-op can be a bit of a chore, though. Why they'd use a tethering system in a game with helicopters, airplanes and air drops is beyond me. Also, story progression only saves for the host. Overall it's been a good time and eaten up a lot of my time for the last two weeks. Now I'm looking forward to the upcoming Far Cry 3: Classic Edition.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 am

Since the Wii Store discontinued Wii points this past month, I bought 50 bucks worth before the points system shut down. Used it to buy:

Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
Earthworm Jim (Genesis)
Super Street Fighter II (Genesis)
Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Star Tropics (NES)

Funnily, the one I've most been enjoying so far is Star Tropics. Cheap Zelda clone but has that same pleasure of adventure/exploration gotta-find-one-more-thing.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:26 am

Spencie Returns wrote:
Far Cry 5 has been my first jump into the series, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Wooley's right about the random enemy encounters, they're nonstop, but otherwise I've gotten way more into it than I expected given my animosity toward first person shooters. Co-op can be a bit of a chore, though. Why they'd use a tethering system in a game with helicopters, airplanes and air drops is beyond me. Also, story progression only saves for the host. Overall it's been a good time and eaten up a lot of my time for the last two weeks. Now I'm looking forward to the upcoming [b]Far Cry 3: Classic Edition.[/b]

That'll be nice.
Glad you're enjoying it. It is slowly growing on me as I continue to plug away at it. I think doing more story missions helped a little. And staying off the roads so I wasn't attacked by a random every 40 seconds.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:26 am

Star Tropics is highly underrated. Some of the puzzle rooms and boss fights make me break a sweat a little when I remember how much split-second decision making they require.
It's sort of like if The Legend of Zelda (combat), the Adventures of Lolo games (puzzle-solving) and the Mega Man games (difficulty) had a baby.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:13 am

DaMU wrote:
Since the Wii Store discontinued Wii points this past month, I bought 50 bucks worth before the points system shut down. Used it to buy:

Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
Earthworm Jim (Genesis)
Super Street Fighter II (Genesis)
Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Out of curiosity, is this your first time playing all these games, DaMU? Because, when it comes to Majora's Mask or Super Mario 3, man are you in for a treat...

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:55 am

Stu wrote:
Out of curiosity, is this your first time playing all these games, DaMU? Because, when it comes to Majora's Mask or Super Mario 3, man are you in for a treat...

The only ones I haven't previously played are Majora and Star Tropics. Majora I'm curious about, because I had a really negative response to Twilight Princess and stopped playing Zelda games altogether for a while there.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 am

Majora's Mask is definitely better than Twilight Princess. I'm not a huge Twilight Princess fan, it plays it safe and lasts for much longer than it needs to. Majora's Mask is a daring, idiosyncratic, succinct work of clockwork complexity.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm

God Of War's rebirth makes time for introspection among unmatched spectacle

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:22 am

PSN Flash Sale
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/gri ... SALE18LP/1

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 am
Profile YIM

PSN Double Discount sale
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/gri ... ISCOUNTG/1
PS Plus members get double discounts. Some good games in there for cheap. I think Titanfall 2 is like 6 bucks after discount.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:30 am
Profile YIM

Titanfall 2 is a GOAT game for the campaign which is basically like playing the best movie James Cameron never made

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:36 am

I bought that a while ago. Sitting in my Backlog folder. Although I'm waiting to get a 4k tv so I can take it all in.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:38 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 340, 341, 342, 343, 344