It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 6515 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 131  Next
 Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread 
Author Message
User avatar
Reply with quote
 Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Image

In which we bring to the forum's attention any film restorations, DVD/blu upgrade releases, and also leaks,
and their respective access points. So, if you are to contribute, 'before and after' caps would
be excellent, along with links to the location/s if possible, and even details of
filesize, source, etc. I do apologise to everyone who initially
thought this was about Tom Cruise and Cameron
Diaz's recent masterpiece. I will keep
this post updated with things,
certainly with unknown
blu-ray releases
from strange
countries.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Thanks.

An upgrade rip for Denis' Friday Night surfaced on KG today. The quality is nicer, and it comes with the audio commentary.

http://karagarga.net/details.php?id=103340

Image

Old:

Image

New:

Image


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

You should link to an online store instead. Or both. Don't want to encourage illegal downloading, do we?

Pociag is a fun game.

_________________
Blue Steel ('89) - ★★★★½
High Tide ('87) - ★★★
Piranha 3D ('10) - ★★★½
Une femme mariée ('64) - ★★★


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

We want to encourage illegal downloading as much as possible.

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:13 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Trip wrote:
We want to encourage illegal downloading as much as possible.

Why?

_________________
Blue Steel ('89) - ★★★★½
High Tide ('87) - ★★★
Piranha 3D ('10) - ★★★½
Une femme mariée ('64) - ★★★


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Polo is rich.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

It's difficult to check the copyright status of films which have no scheduled release in the US ever.

_________________
LEAVES come from TREES
Retired


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Thread needs less awful centering.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

If you increase the font size, you'll see the monstrosity.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

A rip of the recent Polish film Las is also available. It looks good.

http://karagarga.net/details.php?id=102267

Image

Image


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Hey, Beau, fuck off.

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Trip wrote:
Hey, Beau, fuck off.


Didn't you all throw a fit when Brightside centered his reviews? Surely you can now see my point from this new recontextualized vantage point?


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:22 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
Didn't you all throw a fit when Brightside centered his reviews? Surely you can now see my point from this new recontextualized vantage point?
I fail to see the problem.

_________________
LEAVES come from TREES
Retired


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

LEAVES wrote:
I fail to see the problem.


It's Trivial Complaints Day in Argentina.

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

http://www.punkt44.pl/blu-ray/60170,pociag.html
http://www.punkt44.pl/blu-ray/60171,austeria.html


Find the rest yourself.

_________________
Blue Steel ('89) - ★★★★½
High Tide ('87) - ★★★
Piranha 3D ('10) - ★★★½
Une femme mariée ('64) - ★★★


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

LEAVES wrote:
I fail to see the problem.


I increase the font a little bit. It throws the whole thing out of whack. It's obviously only a problem if you increase the font with Ctrl and the Mouse Wheel. If you don't do that, there is no problem. If you do so, the rational thing would be to suck it up or decrease the font, since nobody else has a problem. I though it'd be more fun to complain. It's three in the morning and I'm priming up to watch your favorite movie ever not named Marketa. Speaking of which, I need to see Marketa too. But how much LEAVES am I going to see in a single vacation? Must space it out, man.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
If you increase the font size, you'll see the monstrosity.


Sneaky bear.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:28 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
Sneaky bear.

Image


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
I increase the font a little bit. It throws the whole thing out of whack. It's obviously only a problem if you increase the font with Ctrl and the Mouse Wheel. If you don't do that, there is no problem. If you do so, the rational thing would be to suck it up or decrease the font, since nobody else has a problem. I though it'd be more fun to complain. It's three in the morning and I'm priming up to watch your favorite movie ever not named Marketa. Speaking of which, I need to see Marketa too. But how much LEAVES am I going to see in a single vacation? Must space it out, man.
I don't even know what you're talking about. Talking about the movie I pimp more than anything else? Well, I have little to pimp. It's a shame. Is it Marseille or is it Miraculous Virgin? Those are the two I've got. That's it. Neither have upgrades and I seriously doubt either will in the next 10 years. Shame.

_________________
LEAVES come from TREES
Retired


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

LEAVES wrote:
I don't even know what you're talking about. Talking about the movie I pimp more than anything else? Well, I have little to pimp. It's a shame. Is it Marseille or is it Miraculous Virgin? Those are the two I've got. That's it. Neither have upgrades and I seriously doubt either will in the next 10 years. Shame.


Keep Ctrl pressed. Move the little mouse wheel or scroll wheel. Watch font change. Watch centered text get all funky. So much for the explanation. As for what you're actually interested in, it's Miraculous Virgin.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
Keep Ctrl pressed. Move the little mouse wheel or scroll wheel. Watch font change. Watch centered text get all funky. So much for the explanation. As for what you're actually interested in, it's Miraculous Virgin.
Oh, I get that part. I don't know what it does to the screen, but whenever I do it no matter what the formatting is doing it screws everything up, so I don't. Ctrl+scroll is a bad idea. Miraculous Virgin is miraculous, but I didn't expect everyone else (Trip, Blevo, et al) to appreciate it as much as they did. As such, I will be surprised if you do, as well, but, then, not surprised.

_________________
LEAVES come from TREES
Retired


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Zooming doesn't actually change the centre alignment at all for me.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Epistemophobia wrote:
Zooming doesn't actually change the centre alignment at all for me.


Oh, not zoom. I have it so that it only increases the size of the text. Otherwise, everything gets really, really ugly.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
Oh, not zoom. I have it so that it only increases the size of the text. Otherwise, everything gets really, really ugly.

This is what I mean.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

LEAVES wrote:
Oh, I get that part. I don't know what it does to the screen, but whenever I do it no matter what the formatting is doing it screws everything up, so I don't. Ctrl+scroll is a bad idea. Miraculous Virgin is miraculous, but I didn't expect everyone else (Trip, Blevo, et al) to appreciate it as much as they did. As such, I will be surprised if you do, as well, but, then, not surprised.


Well, last time I tried to watch it, I turned it off after forty minutes, but that was a terrible day and I was tired and I had to watch it in a ridiculously uncomfortable position on account of a tiny room and nowhere to place my laptop except at my feet on the bed I was in with my neck bent down and... I turned it off after forty minutes. Going in for the second try!


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:43 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
Well, last time I tried to watch it, I turned it off after forty minutes, but that was a terrible day and I was tired and I had to watch it in a ridiculously uncomfortable position on account of a tiny room and nowhere to place my laptop except at my feet on the bed I was in with my neck bent down and... I turned it off after forty minutes. Going in for the second try!
It seems to me to be the opposite of the kind of movie someone would turn off, unless they go, "Too weird", which you probably would not. If anything it's 'breezy' n shit.

_________________
LEAVES come from TREES
Retired


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

LEAVES wrote:
It seems to me to be the opposite of the kind of movie someone would turn off, unless they go, "Too weird", which you probably would not. If anything it's 'breezy' n shit.


Yes, but neck cramps and allergies.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Image

Terrific poster.

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Beau wrote:
Yes, but neck cramps and allergies.
Handstands and VDs.

_________________
LEAVES come from TREES
Retired


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:51 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

I like this idea.

Shall contribute later.

_________________
“Bisogna essere molto forti per amare la solitudine.” - P.P. Pasolini

WCoF I II IIIL'EtàL'Eau한국88ShadowsBerlin thırd ISOLATIONVistaVision


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Roberto Rossellini's classic Il Generale della Rovere, now on Criterion and Blu-ray:

Image Image

_________________
“Bisogna essere molto forti per amare la solitudine.” - P.P. Pasolini

WCoF I II IIIL'EtàL'Eau한국88ShadowsBerlin thırd ISOLATIONVistaVision


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

The Happy Together blu is beautiful and everyone should get it.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompar ... gether.htm


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Want to see that Rossellini.

Epistemophobia wrote:
The Happy Together blu is beautiful and everyone should get it.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompar ... gether.htm


Obviously could not agree more. Stunning, as is their Fallen Angels blu.

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:46 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Someone uploaded an HD rip of a film by lolzu. I don't care enough to post caps and/or the title.

_________________
no longer on hiatus from movies(!)

next projection | twitter | frames within frames
| letterboxd


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:48 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Brightside wrote:
Someone uploaded an HD rip of a film by lolzu. I don't care enough to post caps and/or the title.


I linked to Early Summer in my OP but it could be Tokyo Story or Late Spring.

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Trip wrote:
I linked to Early Summer in my OP but it could be Tokyo Story or Late Spring.


Nah, that's it. Hm. I had a momentary (moar liek permanent) brain lapse.

_________________
no longer on hiatus from movies(!)

next projection | twitter | frames within frames
| letterboxd


Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Ozu is attractive.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Image

An early Melville on blu. Link in the OP.

Image

Image

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Personally, I love center alignment. Cool thread, Trip.


Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:12 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Image

_________________
we sing to ourselves in our cars, music is our sanctuary. anywhere you put it it's ours, our living voice, our living testament


Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

:shifty:

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:51 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

If this thread had an RSS feed, I would subscribe. Thanks Trip, very useful thread.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

There it is!


Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:53 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

WHOOP!


Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:32 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

I think DJ demonstrated that the problem is not centered-text itself, but what can happen to the spacing. So all these hilarious centered-text rebuttals are missing the point.

Just like this whole discussion misses the point of the thread. Beau, you are such a drag.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:40 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

How does it look now, Beau?

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:39 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

So, that Andrei Rublev blu-ray rip is, uh, pretty tempting to download. But I know it is the 185 minutes cut or whatever, not the 205 minute one I am used to watching. Seeing the screencaps for it, I don't think I would mind too much that some scenes were cut, but to anyone who has seen it, are there changes in the order of scenes and different takes used for certain scenes, different music cues, etc? I have been hearing this about the blu-ray and if so, I might just wait for the 205 minute blu if that ever comes out.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

If you speak Mandarin you can get a perfect copy of hahaha at Avistaz. Bonus points are being offered for translation.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:58 am
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Trip wrote:
How does it look now, Beau?


Still centered, but now it's awesomely centered. Like a sculpture or one of those concrete poems.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:34 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Night and Day: The Upgrades and Leaks Awareness Thread

Ekinflog wrote:
So, that Andrei Rublev blu-ray rip is, uh, pretty tempting to download. But I know it is the 185 minutes cut or whatever, not the 205 minute one I am used to watching. Seeing the screencaps for it, I don't think I would mind too much that some scenes were cut, but to anyone who has scene it, are there changes in the order of scenes and different takes used for certain scenes, different music cues, etc? I have been hearing this about the blu-ray and if so, I might just wait for the 205 minute blu if that ever comes out.


It looks incredible but your news of its length is disappointing indeed.

Hopefully Criterion are on this at the moment.

Beau wrote:
Still centered, but now it's awesomely centered. Like a sculpture or one of those concrete poems.


8-)

_________________
Please TRIP and Die


Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6515 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 131  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Popcorn Reviews and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.