It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323 ... 1329  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Evil Prevails wrote:
Holy hell that girl is annoying.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:42 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Holy hell that girl is annoying.
Her Monroe is good! And I now can't live without the line "uh, there are multiple centers to a triangle"

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:08 am

Think of her as a female George Costanza.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:27 am

Some news relevant to Obscure. Netflix has bought Millarworld.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:59 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Some news relevant to Obscure. Netflix has bought Millarworld.
between that and max landises BRIGHT, Netflix is a huge problem

I hope Evil watches eli roths death wish w/ me, and Jules

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 am

I'm probably going to get fired from my job because this finger wound won't close

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 am

Joss Whedon wrote:
I'm probably going to get fired from my job because this finger wound won't close
No finger condoms?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 am

The Nameless One wrote:
No finger condoms?

I used gloves, that only made the wound worse. It's one of those tricky knuckle ones

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 am

The Nameless One wrote:
between that and max landises BRIGHT, Netflix is a huge problem

I hope Evil watches eli roths death wish w/ me, and Jules

Bright looks...interesting. Will Smith! Mystical creatures! And stuff.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Stu wrote:
Oh c'mon, just one more sacrifice before we go!

Okay, but this is the final sacrifice!

I laughed really hard at that line.

"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Dropped $500 at the mechanic to have my alternator replaced. Then, as I'm driving away, the check engine light flips on and the same problems start again.

A week after my dentist determined I needed a $500 crown.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 am

Get a 2nd Opinion on the dentist. Been hearing a lot about dentists taking advantage of people and overcharging for stuff.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:07 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Get a 2nd Opinion on the dentist. Been hearing a lot about dentists taking advantage of people and overcharging for stuff.

Too late. I already have the temp in. Plus he's my hmo dentist. God, I wish I could go back to my old dentist but she's not on my current insurance.

DDS Olga Mikhasko. Great dentist, fun name.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:39 pm

SHIN GODZILLA

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Why don't you drive down old Mexico way for both your dental and auto needs, eh?

Also, fucking srsly dudes, in the Toronto airport the guy ahead of me going through security after I went our for a smoke on my layover had a fucking belt with whales on it I shit you not.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 pm

MadMan wrote:
I laughed really hard at that line.
They used pretty much the same gag in Final Justice ("Please, can't I have just one more justice?"), only not quite as funny. Still a great, great episode though, and one of my favorites of the entire show; ever seen that one?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Why don't you drive down old Mexico way for both your dental and auto needs, eh?
Pick me up a couple kilos of bulk pharmaceutical speed

Quote:
Also, fucking srsly dudes, in the Toronto airport the guy ahead of me going through security after I went our for a smoke on my layover had a fucking belt with whales on it I shit you not.
If you were a guy and you had to go buy a belt... you think to yourself "is anyone actually going to see this belt or have I not tucked my shirt in for... maybe ever?". If you tuck in your shirt, well, the only reason anyone tucks in their shirt is because of penis bulge... how do you emphasize that bulge? Whale patterns on your belt

Or you have no penis bulge whatsoever and end up looking like a kindergartner

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:21 am

I just slide a one kilo bag of frozen peas in there before I cinch up my manatee belt. I got protection, cooling, and white male bullshit power fantasy dominance all established in one move.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:44 am

The Nameless One wrote:
[

Or you have no penis bulge whatsoever and end up looking like a kindergartner

It does keep the swamp ball stink down in the East Coast summer I'm told

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I just slide a one kilo bag of frozen peas in there
That's the good pharmaceutical speed, right? Sorry for being blunt, I haven't been concerned about the FBI for a solid decade

Quote:
before I cinch up my manatee belt. I got protection, cooling, and white male bullshit power fantasy dominance all established in one move.
Manatee belt, now that's next level. Thicc but not compensating for nothin'... are you literally putting the frozen peas in your pants? Is that charlie hummer's secret and why he walks funny?

Who even the fuck would consider a crab belt? I guess that nets points for shamelessness

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 am

Joss Whedon wrote:
It does keep the swamp ball stink down in the East Coast summer I'm told
This leads me to wonder how exactly men tuck in their shirts. Is it in between the gonch and jean or do they just shove all the business down so your shirt cups your junk providing additional "paddage". I guess that would give you another barrier against "man musk"

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:28 am

My body is long in the way where I don't need to tuck in my tees (with cut off sleeves) and still show off my powerful inseam (see avatar). That way I can also hide the fact that I'm wearing a sale Under Armor belt I bought at Sport Mart one day on a stoned whim. I'm hugely against tucking for several reasons

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 am

I have that freakishly long torso so I wear my freakishly long undershirts tucked into my pants, between the pants and the underwear, standard tuck in procedure. Then I let my henley sit untucked, maybe tuck in the front to show a little belt if I am feeling particularly broish. Button down dress shirts have to be tucked in though, unless you are really fat or in really good shape, there's no middle ground for the untucked dress shirt to look better than tucked otherwise.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:43 am

Stu wrote:
They used pretty much the same gag in Final Justice ("Please, can't I have just one more justice?"), only not quite as funny. Still a great, great episode though, and one of my favorites of the entire show; ever seen that one?

I need to. The plan after I finish all of the episodes on Netflix (including the new season) is to view the old ones I have not seen.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm going to be in this Starbucks for 5 hours.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:25 am

Five hours?

I'm moving on Tuesday. The place I found was akin to winning the lottery, like, that was a nightmare. I'm good. I'm close to a little ceasars and the awesome metal scene bar so I feel like I have a serious stretch of degeneracy ahead of me

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:29 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Five hours?

I'm moving on Tuesday. The place I found was akin to winning the lottery, like, that was a nightmare. I'm good. I'm close to a little ceasars and the awesome metal scene bar so I feel like I have a serious stretch of degeneracy ahead of me

I took my car to the dealership to fix it and there is a Starbucks nearby. They will definitely fuck me with the price.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 am

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
They will definitely fuck me with the price.
"I tightened a bolt, that's 300 bucks"

Pro-tip, everyone, degeneracy is thrifty, although my biological imperative demands that I drive apparently. Women

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:00 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I have that freakishly long torso so I wear my freakishly long undershirts tucked into my pants, between the pants and the underwear, standard tuck in procedure. Then I let my henley sit untucked, maybe tuck in the front to show a little belt if I am feeling particularly broish. Button down dress shirts have to be tucked in though, unless you are really fat or in really good shape, there's no middle ground for the untucked dress shirt to look better than tucked otherwise.
I just can't do multiple layers of shirt, I'm kind of a mini thermal reactor and that's probably highly influenced by my body chemistry. If I had more than one layer near my junk it's game over. Here comes the flood

I definitely kept my dress shirts untucked but that was more to communicate that there is no way I'm putting effort into my outfit. I feel like 18 to now has been a steady process of elimination regarding scenarios which involve dress shirts, or people for that matter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:05 am

Their fuckery exceeded expectations. They quoted me at 1400 to replace the tcm. I just hope I can talk them down a double diagnostic fee. Today, I am the most fucked person in the world. No one else has had it worse.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:50 am

Their fuckery exceeded expectations. They quoted me at 1400 to replace the tcm. I just hope I can talk them down a double diagnostic fee. Today, I am the most fucked person in the world. No one else has had it worse.
Oh fuck that, 1400!? What exactly is the policy towards dealing with repair scams? I can't, in any universe, imagine what would be at most a $300 dollar part costing $1100 to install. Reminds me of when Shaw offered me to plug in my internet (ie, hooking the cable line to the box and plugging the box in) for $100 bucks

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 am

Hope you land on a solution or some sort of alleviation to that cost. I'm going to put off my DL for another year now

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:21 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Oh fuck that, 1400!? What exactly is the policy towards dealing with repair scams? I can't, in any universe, imagine what would be at most a $300 dollar part costing $1100 to install. Reminds me of when Shaw offered me to plug in my internet (ie, hooking the cable line to the box and plugging the box in) for $100 bucks

According to them, the part is $1000. Which maybe only 60% bullshit as I doubt they have factories up and running that produce 2003 Tiburon TCMs. But a used one is $60 on ebay.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:28 am

You need to know a guy with this piece of shit you apparently drive, trenchcoat.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 am

Yep. He's being sheisty. If he's trying to get you for that much second opinion. If not just buy the parts and have someone ELSE install it

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 pm
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:
Bitcoin is over a $1,000. Another thing obscure was hugely wrong about,

Its at 4 fucking grand now. FUCK.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
You need to know a guy with this piece of shit you apparently drive, trenchcoat.

We can't all be millionaires who drive around in the truck Marty McFly got at the end of Back To The Future.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:02 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Whoops. Well, the market could still crash.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:03 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

It feels like all of the things we hoped, in very plausible terms, would die are becoming emboldened... bitcoins and nazis. I wonder if there is a connection?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:33 am

Apparently Bitcoin takes an enormous amount of energy to mine.

"According to the latest Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index, Bitcoin mining is pegged at an estimated annual electricity consumption value of 14.54 terawatt hours (TWh). Breaking the numbers down further, the average Bitcoin transaction requires 163 kilowatt hours (KWh) of electricity, which is enough to power the average U.S. household for about five and a half days."

Terawatt hours! We're talking country-powering energy here.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:40 am

Didn't Bitcoin split off? Like isn't there Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:27 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Didn't Bitcoin split off? Like isn't there Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash?

"Launched on August 1, Bitcoin Cash’s value shot up as much as $7.6 billion in market cap before wiping out more than half its value in the proceeding days."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pamelaambl ... coin-cash/

Oh.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:32 am

We can't all be millionaires who drive around in the truck Marty McFly got at the end of Back To The Future.

Is this a slag tailored specifically to me and my truck or just kind of a general statement?

Also, I was just trying to say that when you have a problem vehicle you really need to find a guy who does work on his own time, so you can at least save shop rate, which I imagine is like $200 an hour in LA. Ace prolly knows some vatos that could hook you up.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 am

I don't think anybody is really mining it anymore. I also have no real idea about anything or how it works or even how to safely buy it or cash it out etc. All I know is if I am ever presented with a Marty McFly time travel situation I am buying enough to get me a hundred million dollars when I cash out today.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I don't think anybody is really mining it anymore. I also have no real idea about anything or how it works or even how to safely buy it or cash it out etc. All I know is if I am ever presented with a Marty McFly time travel situation I am buying enough to get me a hundred million dollars when I cash out today.

Think of it like gold. First, disregard the industrial uses of it. Let's say there's only 370 million pounds of gold that will ever be mined. 364 million pounds have already been mined, so gold won't be subject to inflation because it could take 100 or 1000 more years to mine out the remaining 6 million pounds. The finite quantity of gold makes it stable as a currency. Its rarity makes it valuable, and it's accepted as currency because everybody agrees that it is valuable.

Bitcoin is 'mined' by completing increasingly harder algorithms. The algorithms don't mean anything, but it's meant to artificially slow the production of new Bitcoin down to a measured rate, mimicking the rate of mining for gold. The creator of Bitcoin made it so only 21 million Bitcoins will ever be mined. 20 million may have been mined already, and it may take another 100 years to mine the last one. It's decentralized and not physical. It's quite literally virtual gold.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:09 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:

Think of it like gold. First, disregard the industrial uses of it. Let's say there's only 370 million pounds of gold that will ever be mined. 364 million pounds have already been mined, so gold won't be subject to inflation because it could take 100 or 1000 more years to mine out the remaining 6 million pounds. The finite quantity of gold makes it stable as a currency. Its rarity makes it valuable, and it's accepted as currency because everybody agrees that it is valuable.

Bitcoin is 'mined' by completing increasingly harder algorithms. The algorithms don't mean anything, but it's meant to artificially slow the production of new Bitcoin down to a measured rate, mimicking the rate of mining for gold. The creator of Bitcoin made it so only 21 million Bitcoins will ever be mined. 20 million may have been mined already, and it may take another 100 years to mine the last one. It's decentralized and not physical. It's quite literally virtual gold.

And you told me not to buy any at 1000 a coin!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

And you told me not to buy any at 1000 a coin!

It's probably the highest ratio risk/reward asset out there. If China decides to crack down on its citizens holding Bitcoin, its price would plummet.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:23 am

Bitcoin has been mentioned more and more on CNBC, which means everyday investors see a hot new thing and want to get in before it gets higher, hence the crazy new high price. I don't know how a cryptocurrency would react to a bubble but it could get nutty.

You could still by a fractional bitcoin you know.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:26 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
You could still by a fractional bitcoin you know.

Have you seen my Marty McFly truck, I could buy a whole one if I wanted to. But maybe I am too late? Or maybe it will be 10 grand next year and I will be kicking myself. So many possibilities.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:28 am

This is too bloody perfect:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 66430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323 ... 1329  Next