It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 am



Reply to topic  [ 72668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1408, 1409, 1410, 1411, 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1454  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

 The YMCA Club 
Author Message
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
Netflix also added Kingdom of that Crystal Skull.

TEN DOLLARS A MONTH
That's it, I'm finally cancelling my Netflix once and for all!


Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
That's it, I'm finally cancelling my Netflix once and for all!

I'm 25 minutes in! The Beef is about to show up!


Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is simply horrid. I watch Netflix for the stand-up comedy stuff.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
I'm 25 minutes in! The Beef is about to show up!
It's Cate Blanchette who troubles me most in that one, but really the warning signs come in strong and thick during the opening scene. It's just so dumb!


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I've been thinking a lot about how bad movies are the most memorable, like, I can recall evvvverything from KotCS and I watched it in theaters. I honestly can't do that with most Marvel movies.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
It's Cate Blanchette who troubles me most in that one, but really the warning signs come in strong and thick during the opening scene. It's just so dumb!

Yeah, there's about six red flags in the opening few minutes.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Avengers still holda up well.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Ace wrote:
Avengers still holda up well.
That movie is about as exciting as watching a 2 1/2-hour boardroom meeting on corporate synergies. Which is basically what it is.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

BL wrote:
That movie is about as exciting as watching a 2 1/2-hour boardroom meeting on corporate synergies. Which is basically what it is.
12 Angry Avengers


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:57 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

BL is just angry that the movie Avengers was actually good and he didn't 'get it'.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
12 Angry Avengers
That oversells both the number of Avengers and the range of emotions they convincingly express.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

And then Iron Man 3 follows it up really well. The hate that movie got was undeserved.


Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

ski petrol wrote:
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is simply horrid. I watch Netflix for the stand-up comedy stuff.

I saw it twice in theaters.

_________________
This Is My New Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)


Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
I think we have wildly different opinions when it comes to "good"


Image

(Which is often how I feel about this thread in general...)

_________________
This Is My New Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)


Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE THIS TURTLENECK


Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:51 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I mind processed that song this morning and it's... so political! Actual crime Evil hasn't listened to it


Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:56 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
I mind processed that song this morning and it's... so political! Actual crime Evil hasn't listened to it

I believe it is about Donald P. Trump


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:09 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

So... what's in the news today?


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:15 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
So... what's in the news today?
Calling it now: Sean Hannity totally got peed on.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:22 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
So... what's in the news today?

JUSTICE.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Truly the best talk show host scandal since Birch Barlow.

_________________
Last Great Movie Seen
The Immortal Story (Welles, 1968)


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
I believe it is about Donald P. Trump
My take is it's about the Flint water crisis, "light the water, check for lead", though it's fitting of Trump's America as a wholw... post-modern white trash rockabilly is the future of music!


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
My take is it's about the Flint water crisis, "light the water, check for lead", though it's fitting of Trump's America as a wholw... post-modern white trash rockabilly is the future of music!

how does a turtleneck fit in? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:46 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Holy, the news is blowing up over... stuff! This is such a CLOWN FIESTA. I'm just going to listen to the Turtleneck song on repeat until this all blows over


Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
Holy, the news is blowing up over... stuff! This is such a CLOWN FIESTA. I'm just going to listen to the Turtleneck song on repeat until this all blows over

YOU GOTTA HAVE THIS TURTLENECK


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:01 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
how does a turtleneck fit in? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
"Hide your backbone, shrug your shoulders" represents the apathy of rich white people, it's not a crisis to them as much as an inconvenience. Give a gift that fits your head, you have to have this turtleneck. Like, basically, a rich white people party is going down while the poor in their loose ripped shirts are crying at their door for attention. Like, who even wears turtlenecks? They are fashioning the upper class while I'm here cutting off my sleeves to make old shirts seem new.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:07 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
"Hide your backbone, shrug your shoulders" represents the apathy of rich white people, it's not a crisis to them as much as an inconvenience. Give a gift that fits your head, you have to have this turtleneck. Like, basically, a rich white people party is going down while the poor in their loose ripped shirts are crying at their door for attention. Like, who even wears turtlenecks? They are fashioning the upper class while I'm here cutting off my sleeves to make old shirts seem new.

Dudes on /manfashion do. Neclord and Evil can fill you in on the specifics.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:09 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
Dudes on /manfashion do. Neclord and Evil can fill you in on the specifics.
I sincerely think turtlenecks aren't r/manfashion, like, Neclord is finally putting his brown urban boots to work via landscaping, and Evil, well, if he wears turtlenecks I'll just phase right out of this dimension. Evil and Neclord are firmly middle class. My uncle, who pulls 500+k a year, and once gifted me a turtleneck, is upper class. Me, I just take what I can get, like, I'm on the bottom of the wait list for subsidized housing.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
I sincerely think turtlenecks aren't r/manfashion, like, Neclord is finally putting his brown urban boots to work via landscaping, and Evil, well, if he wears turtlenecks I'll just phase right out of this dimension. Evil and Neclord are firmly middle class. My uncle, who pulls 500+k a year, and once gifted me a turtleneck, is upper class. Me, I just take what I can get, like, I'm on the bottom of the wait list for subsidized housing.
Turtlenecks are r/manfashion if and only if the r/man in question is a r/fisherman. Rules change on the high seas.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:24 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Okay, landscaping isn't exactly middle class though it's enough to provide a living. I'd be okay with landscaping, but I don't have a vehicle nor means of driving one. Ugh


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:25 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

BL wrote:
Turtlenecks are r/manfashion if and only if the r/man in question is a r/fisherman. Rules change on the high seas.
I grew up in a fishing village, I get it. Frankly the stereotypes rarely play out as they exist in one's art fueled imagination


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Deep sea fishing is brutish. Nothing teaches you the throes of nature quite like seeing a halibut get clubbed to death. I released all of my catches as a result


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:28 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
I grew up in a fishing village, I get it. Frankly the stereotypes rarely play out as they exist in one's art fueled imagination
Some art cannot be denied.

Image

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:29 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

BL wrote:
Some art cannot be denied.

Image
For real I have not seen a single person wear one of those yellow rain jackets except maybe rain ponchos for kids. What are even those hats? I appreciate the romanticism but lordy fishermen are a homely bunch


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Also looks like he could be wearing a scarf underneath that rain jacket, which is proper. I like having the ability to loosen the noose around my neck


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:38 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
For real I have not seen a single person wear one of those yellow rain jackets except maybe rain ponchos for kids. What are even those hats? I appreciate the romanticism but lordy fishermen are a homely bunch
The hat is called a sou'wester. It's not super-common anymore, but you will occasionally catch a New England lobsterman wearing one. The New England thing probably has a lot to do with the enduring image, thanks to Moby-Dick and whatnot.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

BL wrote:
The hat is called a sou'wester. It's not super-common anymore, but you will occasionally catch a New England lobsterman wearing one. The New England thing probably has a lot to do with the enduring image, thanks to Moby-Dick and whatnot.
Cool, I like having sources to where these stereotypes come from, especially in advertising. I'm just imagining super rich white guys with yachts and turtlenecks claiming that they are men of the seas and whatnot and it's just bothersome


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
Cool, I like having sources to where these stereotypes come from, especially in advertising. I'm just imagining super rich white guys with yachts and turtlenecks claiming that they are men of the seas and whatnot and it's just bothersome
Also, the stereotypical yellow slicker is that color because, up until the 1930s, the slickers were waterproofed with linseed oil, which turns yellow over time.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
I sincerely think turtlenecks aren't r/manfashion, like, Neclord is finally putting his brown urban boots to work via landscaping, and Evil, well, if he wears turtlenecks I'll just phase right out of this dimension. Evil and Neclord are firmly middle class. My uncle, who pulls 500+k a year, and once gifted me a turtleneck, is upper class. Me, I just take what I can get, like, I'm on the bottom of the wait list for subsidized housing.

Turtlenecks are a staple of the /manfashion people who like St. Laurents of Paris or whatever it's called. Skinny black pants, Chelsea boots, cream colored turtleneck, by god!


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
For real I have not seen a single person wear one of those yellow rain jackets except maybe rain ponchos for kids. What are even those hats? I appreciate the romanticism but lordy fishermen are a homely bunch

I want one of those real bad Nameless


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:08 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Image

Just look at the majesty.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
Skinny black pants, Chelsea boots, cream colored turtleneck, by god!
This is my mind picture of the people in that song


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:18 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

BL wrote:
Just look at the majesty.
Now, is that a scarf or a turtleneck?


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:19 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
Now, is that a scarf or a turtleneck?
I don't have all the data, but it might be a dickey.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Nameless One wrote:
This is my mind picture of the people in that song

my man


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:35 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

My current gig is paying alright, but if I can manage to stay onboard once the season's up I think I'd barely skirt the minimum to count as middle class. But I do own two pairs of Chelsea boots, though they're thrifted.

_________________
tumblord


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Neclord wrote:
I do own two pairs of Chelsea boots

by god!


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:39 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

My Newfoundland people's still sell yellow slickers and souwesters in the gift shops and occasionally put one on for a laugh. Distinct lack of quality fisherman's sweaters though.

I also own a captain's hat for some reason.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Also I dont like stuff touching my neck, so turtlenecks would be a no go if I wasn't already against them for all the other reasons.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Yeah, they feel stifling.

_________________
tumblord


Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 72668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1408, 1409, 1410, 1411, 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1454  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ThatDarnMKS, Torgo, YouTookMyName and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.