It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1315, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321 ... 1329  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Edit: double post

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 pm

That's my sister's approach to movies or tv shows. I'll just wiki it and find out what happens instead of waiting for it to eventually happen.

Seems sound. Vince Staples nihilism has really rubbed off on me recently.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Stu wrote:
I paid less attention to Linkin as their career went on, but I still have fond memories of me and my best friend bumping HT plenty the year it came out, back when I was still a Nu Metal kid, and for that, I'll always have a little soft spot somewhere in my heart for Chester & company; RIP.
They really peaked with that. Most successful debut album of the 21st century, yo. Meteora was an excellent follow up, all in all, and from there I grew past it. It perfectly encapsulated the time between 14-16 for me

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 pm

The Nameless One wrote:
They really peaked with that. Most successful debut album of the 21st century, yo. Meteora was an excellent follow up, all in all, and from there I grew past it. It perfectly encapsulated the time between 14-16 for me
Never listened to any of their other records, but I always thought the sort of SNES-sounding synthesizer on "Faint" was really cool:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
That's my sister's approach to movies or tv shows. I'll just wiki it and find out what happens instead of waiting for it to eventually happen.

Seems sound. Vince Staples nihilism has really rubbed off on me recently.
I think ol' Vince there has a good heart. I like the kid. I think Vince has some teeth to grow before his bite sinks:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 pm

I believe I have only heard Linkin Park's first two albums. May Chester RIP.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Stu wrote:
Never listened to any of their other records, but I always thought the sort of SNES-sounding synthesizer on "Faint" was really cool

That's a simple string synth with a degrader on it.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:10 am

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
That's a simple string synth with a degrader on it.
Is it also a magic xylophone too?

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Xylophones are banned

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Someone talk me out of playing a gay dad dating sim so I can see a cameo from Canadian punk band PUP

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:45 am
Profile YIM

Firebender wrote:
Someone talk me out of playing a gay dad dating sim so I can see a cameo from Canadian punk band PUP
what are these words

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 am

Firebender wrote:
I'm afraid that you are locked into M E M E D A D D Y

I dunno why that's changing the world when Hatoful Boyfriend exists

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:49 am

All Aaron (of Game Grumps) does is write one horribly catchy line for his songs and I HATE IT. I'm just going around humming "dre e e eeeeam... daddy"

16 Dollars for a dating sim is a tough sell, Bender. I'm not sure if the Game Grumps are worth it, but at the same time it's probably the most important video game ever made

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:36 am

The Nameless One wrote:
All Aaron (of Game Grumps) does is write one horribly catchy line for his songs and I HATE IT. I'm just going around humming "dre e e eeeeam... daddy"

16 Dollars for a dating sim is a tough sell, Bender. I'm not sure if the Game Grumps are worth it, but at the same time it's probably the most important video game ever made
Game Grumps, huh? Their epic struggle to play through Wand Of Gamelon has to be one of the funniest Let's Plays I've ever seen:

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:45 am

For Obscure may he RIP.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 am
Profile YIM

Stu wrote:
Game Grumps, huh? Their epic struggle to play through Wand Of Gamelon has to be one of the funniest Let's Plays I've ever seen:
That's their magnum opus for sure. For context, this is what Aaron was playing on

Can you even imagine? But, yeah, they all made a Dad Dating simulator

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 am

*siiiiiiigh*

I'm not ready for that trailer yet. That's a lot

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 am

I went to Target and they had a Switch in stock so I had to get it. Obviously. Splat time.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 am

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
I went to Target and they had a Switch in stock so I had to get it. Obviously. Splat time.
I went to EB and they did not have a Switch in stock so I got a Wii U and everything :shifty:

Mario Kart 8 is insanely good

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 am

That Ready Player One trailer is all the way there. Jeeeeeeze

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 am

I thought you were completely broke all the time, Nameless?

(I'm sure this will go somewhere good)

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:23 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I thought you were completely broke all the time, Nameless?

(I'm sure this will go somewhere good)
I got my cash back for the place I'm living in now. That was an earned treat, and you need your treats, Evil

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:40 am

It's still a horrible and reckless purchase no matter how I swing it, but damn if I'm happy about it, and that's all that matters because if my mood drops any further I swear to Hell I will open one of my six mouths and sing the song to end the world

Just gimme a few more rounds of MK8 before I obliterate you puny humans! Mwahahahahaha

I just watched Castlevania. It was GREAT

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:42 am

Know what else was great? THOR RAGNAROK TRAILER

Know what was not great? Joss Whedon's The Avenger League (THEY EVEN HAD LOKI STEALING THE TESSERACT)

Know what confused me greatly? Ready Player One

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:44 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I went to EB and they did not have a Switch in stock so I got a Wii U and everything :shifty:

Mario Kart 8 is insanely good

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze!!! Play it for the Soundtrack alone!!

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:47 am
Profile YIM

Basically, August 18th is when I cut off the drama bomb factors of my life involving my family and such. This is my stake out for independence. It's just difficult with the disability complications, like, I can't move out of the province yet and I'm doing the best I can to find an optimal sub 1000 place which allows cats and decent enough sound proofing. There are good spots on the cluster islands but I'd prefer to stay in town for now so I'm close to my supports (councilors and therapists). It's tough to break down but moving out (read: selling the place) was not exactly my decision and this is the final straw broken between my family and I. We are parting ways indefinitely. It's serious enough that I have to be careful with my language regarding legal stuff. I'm not suuuuper comfortable talking about it, so let the amount that I've just talked about it be indication of how little my fuck reserve has dwindled

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 am

Ace wrote:
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze!!! Play it for the Soundtrack alone!!
Just picked it up yesterday and it is glooooorious. I can even play it for things other than the soundtrack, it's a fantastic game

This might sound blasphemous but MK8 might honestly have the best soundtrack I've heard in a game. Those jazz melodies of all them classics drive me insane, the credits jam was :O

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 pm

MK8 has good jams but when you get through the game and David Wise starts remixing tracks with his jazzy self ZOMG.
Also potatocam of Inifinity War footage
https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1500778125793.webm

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
MK8 has good jams but when you get through the game and David Wise starts remixing tracks with his jazzy self ZOMG.
Also potatocam of Inifinity War footage
https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1500778125793.webm
You can find the full cam of that footage. I'm preeeeetty sure that there is a shot of Thanos throwing a moon at everyone so *unintelligible freaking out*

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 am

I did and I posted it on FB. But here's a video for those who didnt see.
https://vk.com/videos-28416224?z=video- ... 8416224_-2

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 am
Profile YIM

Glad to hear that you're finding things to enjoy and are coming closer to finding tranquility. What a revelation Castlevania is as far as adapting a video game series goes. Like who fucking thought taking the core concept of a game and translating it to a different medium could work? It's like a four episode Proof of concept I can't stop watching.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Glad to hear that you're finding things to enjoy and are coming closer to finding tranquility. What a revelation Castlevania is as far as adapting a video game series goes. Like who fucking thought taking the core concept of a game and translating it to a different medium could work? It's like a four episode Proof of concept I can't stop watching.
Warren Ellis is a genius. His writing translated soooo well, delicious voice acting and dialog. The idea of a hardcore British comic author handling Japanese property like that is brilliant and worked. I like that Anime is getting more confident with overseas talent, Netflix has been huge for that

Did he really just effortlessly tie in Castlevania 3 and Sotn? What a boss. That fight between Trevor and Alucard was droolworthy and season 2 is set up at juuust the right spot. I appreciate this being a prelude of sorts and I hope that Ellis gets a season 3... or a future based series revolving around Aria of Sorrow

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:25 pm

YARN QUIT LURKING ON THE CORRIE, YOU PEDO

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:04 am

YARN has an account here?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:20 am

Stu wrote:
YARN has an account here?
Nah, he just has a tendency of using personal stuff for argumentative leverage and I'm only so open about myself (I'm preeeeettty open but still!)

I think he's totally internet stalking me

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Warren Ellis is a genius. His writing translated soooo well, delicious voice acting and dialog. The idea of a hardcore British comic author handling Japanese property like that is brilliant and worked. I like that Anime is getting more confident with overseas talent, Netflix has been huge for that

Did he really just effortlessly tie in Castlevania 3 and Sotn? What a boss. That fight between Trevor and Alucard was droolworthy and season 2 is set up at juuust the right spot. I appreciate this being a prelude of sorts and I hope that Ellis gets a season 3... or a future based series revolving around Aria of Sorrow

I watched that fight over and over again last week, pure eye candy, the whip animations are superb, the nod to Alucard's special attack was sublime, and it was a beautiful final use of Trevor's "I don't care at the end"

Dude do you remember the end of SOTN when a dying Dracula asks Alucard about Lisa's final words? I'm salivating at the thought of Ellis writing a take on that scene. A+ work spending the first episode giving Dracula more character development than three decades of games.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:
I watched that fight over and over again last week, pure eye candy, the whip animations are superb, the nod to Alucard's special attack was sublime, and it was a beautiful final use of Trevor's "I don't care at the end"

Dude do you remember the end of SOTN when a dying Dracula asks Alucard about Lisa's final words? I'm salivating at the thought of Ellis writing a take on that scene. A+ work spending the first episode giving Dracula more character development than three decades of games.
They animated the gameplay of Alucard (and the game in general) so well. His teleportation dodging made me squee, Castlevania has the best dodge animations. It takes some skill to be able to realize Castlevania fighting in a way which is convincing and not ridiculous, there was a lot of weight and brevity to the fights in that it doesn't emphasize it like most anime. Those conflicts are in a constant state of resolve

Ellis is going to go ham on the whole family connection between Dracula, Lisa, and Alucard. I'm brushing up on the wiki and this is Castlevania 3 through and through. Alucard goes into slumber at the end of this arc and reemerges 300 years later in 1797ad, the Richter Belmont era, to do the SOTN stuff so Ellis will proooobably fast forward that in wake of the series possibly seeing conclusion. But let's speculate on possible advancements to the story!

He can do Castlevania 3's PS2 followup, Curse of Darkness, focusing on Hector the Devilforger... unlikely. He can most likely do Simon Belmont, particularly Simon's Quest which is begging to be turned into a story. He, most hopefully, does Rondo of Blood leading into Sotn with Richter and Alucard as the focus

Then go straight to 1999 with Julius Belmont and 2035 with Soma Cruz. Warren Ellis is most likely salivating at the idea of a futureshock grimdark horror story, like, that's right up his alley

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:13 am

The Nameless One wrote:
They animated the gameplay of Alucard (and the game in general) so well. His teleportation dodging made me squee, Castlevania has the best dodge animations. It takes some skill to be able to realize Castlevania fighting in a way which is convincing and not ridiculous, there was a lot of weight and brevity to the fights in that it doesn't emphasize it like most anime. Those conflicts are in a constant state of resolve

Ellis is going to go ham on the whole family connection between Dracula, Lisa, and Alucard. I'm brushing up on the wiki and this is Castlevania 3 through and through. Alucard goes into slumber at the end of this arc and reemerges 300 years later in 1797ad, the Richter Belmont era, to do the SOTN stuff so Ellis will proooobably fast forward that in wake of the series possibly seeing conclusion. But let's speculate on possible advancements to the story!

He can do Castlevania 3's PS2 followup, Curse of Darkness, focusing on Hector the Devilforger... unlikely. He can most likely do Simon Belmont, particularly Simon's Quest which is begging to be turned into a story. He, most hopefully, does Rondo of Blood leading into Sotn with Richter and Alucard as the focus

Then go straight to 1999 with Julius Belmont and 2035 with Soma Cruz. Warren Ellis is most likely salivating at the idea of a futureshock grimdark horror story, like, that's right up his alley

Dude, I love everywhere your head is at because I'm forever bound to the convoluted plots of video game series I've been attached to. For the sake of LEAN STORY TELLING Ellis can adapt the story of Dracula's Curse to include the beats of SOTN and leave necessary bridges to the past of Lament of Innocence and the bridge to the future that's Aria of Sorrow

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:37 pm

The Nameless One wrote:
YARN QUIT LURKING ON THE CORRIE, YOU PEDO

His trolling consists of using other arguments and bullshitting to distract you. In short, he is a lot like Trump on Twitter.

"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:55 pm

MadMan wrote:
His trolling consists of using other arguments and bullshitting to distract you. In short, he is a lot like Trump on Twitter.
Maybe he's just trying to make the Corrie great again?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:40 am

TDS3 confirmed

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

They said they have 5 scripts so I wonder if it's going to be 8 eps again or maybe shorter?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:22 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
They said they have 5 scripts so I wonder if it's going to be 8 eps again or maybe shorter?

The only thing I'm worried about is that it will be good :shifty:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Pizzolato had more time to write the scripts. Instead of being rushed like he did with season 2. Give me more of the Gothic horror. And weird stuff.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:45 pm
Profile YIM

Stu wrote:
Maybe he's just trying to make the Corrie great again?

Only Bear can do that.

I never saw True Detective Season 2. I wonder what Season 2 will be about.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 pm

MadMan wrote:
Only Bear can do that.

I never saw True Detective Season 2. I wonder what Season 2 will be about.

I saw the first two episodes, there's not a lot there worth recommending. I'm curious to see what Mahershala Ali does in season 3.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:00 am

People who claim suicide is simply an attempt to get attention are assholes.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:

I saw the first two episodes, there's not a lot there worth recommending. I'm curious to see what Mahershala Ali does in season 3.
Never bothered with season 2 of True D, but I liked most of 1 a lot (the first 6 episodes, to be specific). If they can take the quality of those eps and stretch it across a full 8-episode season this time, we'll have a real winner on our hands.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:

Hmm. Also yes, Ali is awesome.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 pm

I've been awake in bed too long and realized how much feet look like an evolutionary throwback

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1315, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321 ... 1329  Next