It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1322, 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Ace wrote:
DOnt try to recover. Just hook it up via USB enclosure. Open Command prompt in Admin mode. And run chkdsk /f /v /r
It might take a while but it'll patch all the bad sectors and you can pull your info off fine.

Tooish late. I set recuva to scan the old drive this morning. I guess while I was away, new hard drive decided it was time for an update. So it updated and attempted to restart. And it seems to have initially tried to boot into the bad one. Long story short, removed the old hard drive for now. I don't think it has much time left. I'll try again later.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Heh @ Evil's rick and morty dig

So, like, the thing with the new National album is that Gallagher is writing without much or anything of a rhyme scheme, and while it is a technique I appreciate and toy with, it lends itself to... gimmick. Trouble Will Find Me is such a high and it is a total comedown here, and it works thematically because, yeah, it sounds like the drink really creeps into those lines... But I don't think it's as strong musically. Yet that is kinda what has been happening with music, especially hip hop which is breaking away from the rhyme and going more into spoken word. It is poetically valid and lets you say it on the surface as opposed to fitting yourself into a rhyme... Is it a limitation of poetry which conflicts with Dead Author... As opposed to obscuring the message you just come right out and say it regardless of if it works or not

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm not ready for a new album, still once a daying Science Fiction. Srsly, I want that guitar solo part of 137 to last 8 minutes, instead of 30 seconds. It's the goddamn highlight of the last seventeen years.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:55 pm

I wonder what DJ Rkod thinks about Science Fiction.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
I'm not ready for a new album, still once a daying Science Fiction. Srsly, I want that guitar solo part of 137 to last 8 minutes, instead of 30 seconds. It's the goddamn highlight of the last seventeen years.
Science Fiction will not be topped this year, no chance. I wrote a thing in the other place which highlights how I feel about it in general. Ima write a bit here as a companion piece because I'm currently reflecting on my past work and I'm just not so sure about it anymore

I honestly don't think that they aren't done yet. That's the one theory, that this is their big goodbye, which I just do not buy. It's very urgent and I feel like they have one more left to release the pressure, because that's just not a note you end on...

...unless you are being honest

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 pm

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Tooish late. I set recuva to scan the old drive this morning. I guess while I was away, new hard drive decided it was time for an update. So it updated and attempted to restart. And it seems to have initially tried to boot into the bad one. Long story short, removed the old hard drive for now. I don't think it has much time left. I'll try again later.

Hook the hard drive up while the computer is already booted into windows.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:
I wonder what DJ Rkod thinks about Science Fiction.

Broadly speaking I'm a fan of the genre, and I prefer hard to soft.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Wocka wocka.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Amazon Prime is literally goddamn magic. I'm glad that as a tradesman I will prolly be dead before the robots steal my job, sorry everybody else.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Amazon Prime is literally goddamn magic. I'm glad that as a tradesman I will prolly be dead before the robots steal my job, sorry everybody else.
have you seen the Animatrix? Srsly yo its all The Second Renaissance, like, not even a lie in those shorts

But holy shit they can deliver computer parts like no ones business

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:03 am

That super bald white guy is definitely going to be feeding off of my protein tube in the near future, not even late future Evil, I'd start jacking those arms up for some robot combat. Thank god I watch anime or you would all be dead, so, you see, robots hate hammers with rockets affixed to them, so, rocket hammers. You want those

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

I buy tools with it. They are usually like at least 25% cheaper than brick and mortar and it shows up at my house 2 days later, sometimes the very next day!

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I buy tools with it. They are usually like at least 25% cheaper than brick and mortar and it shows up at my house 2 days later, sometimes the very next day!
there is NO future high quite like ordering something with two day shipping and you get it the next morning. I swear they do it on purpose, and its swag as fuck. You just can't compete with that service, like, going out... Dealing with people... I tell ya when save on bought Safeway along with their automated checkout services, and its like, yeah, I'm not 5 I can pack my own groceries and walk off with them without paying

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 am

Jeez, so we are down to me, you, Ace, trenchcoat, Smalley, and that macrology guy with his pictures thread. I really would have thought Obscure would have come back just to tell us how he's doing, maybe drop something so we could IM or something. I mean, that poor boy out in the wilderness without my life coaching, it must be rough.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 am

The Nameless One wrote:
there is NO future high quite like ordering something with two day shipping and you get it the next morning. I swear they do it on purpose, and its swag as fuck. You just can't compete with that service, like, going out... Dealing with people... I tell ya when save on bought Safeway along with their automated checkout services, and its like, yeah, I'm not 5 I can pack my own groceries and walk off with them without paying

I can also scan those organic bananas as normal bananas too if you know what I mean.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Jeez, so we are down to me, you, Ace, trenchcoat, Smalley, and that macrology guy with his pictures thread. I really would have thought Obscure would have come back just to tell us how he's doing, maybe drop something so we could IM or something. I mean, that poor boy out in the wilderness without my life coaching, it must be rough.
Obscure is going through a Wesley arc

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 am

My mental picture of obscure never included a beard. It does now

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I can also scan those organic bananas as normal bananas too if you know what I mean.
well, I mean, pistachios are actually jube jubes right?

I just thought of a... Thing. What if genres of food had a median price? Like, all grains cost the same as white rice or some shit. If robots standardize the process perhaps the costs can go way down and megacorps can start to create their own currencies... Like those "sci fi credits" which are basically fancier gift cards. Then we have the future of cloud atlas and a video game called Syndicate. You can just order bundles of customized foodstock and throw 50 Amazon bucks at it and in our current age that would net like 130 bucks worth of groceries. I kinda hate grocery stores so let's gooooo

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

I swear to god I will never forgive Genie and Obscure from talking me out of going hard on bitcoin when it was like $1000 USD a coin. You absolute morons. We could have all had yachts!

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I'M HERE

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 am

Yeah, yachts.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am

Genie, you fucking piece of shit, are you going to bail on me (and Insipid!) to pack if we make it to Vegas anytime soon?

Also, Kovich, we're going to fuck drive just to London next summer. On my honor.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Genie, you fucking piece of shit, are you going to bail on me (and Insipid!) to pack if we make it to Vegas anytime soon?

Also, Kovich, we're going to fuck drive just to London next summer. On my honor.

As long as I get some kind of advance notice and you're going to hang around town for more than a few hours, we'll meet.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:57 am

Last weekend I packed for a two-night camping trip in less than two hours, so even if I have to pack I think we'll be okay.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
Don't forget about the ghost of lovesexy :oops: Anyway, yeah... this place doesn't feel the same with no Scure around: come back someday, man!

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Wolf Parade has a new album coming out

I lol'd

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:03 pm

I bought a usb adapter for my old drive. Yep. It's pretty toast. Got some stuff off an extra old drive though. Didn't lose much of value besides some "test" podcasts I recorded.

The Nameless One wrote:
Wolf Parade has a new album coming out

I lol'd

You need to get on the lady singing about anger/sadness train.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Did you do what I told you? Or am I going to have to Teamviewer in?

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Did you do what I told you? Or am I going to have to Teamviewer in?

Sortaish. Your thing doesn't work if the computer can't see the hard drive. Baby is basically a paperweight now. But my new hard drive boots up pretty fast. You can close your ticket.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Try to WinDLG it. Download it from Western Digital's site. It might be able to patch a few bad sectors so that it can recognize it.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Try to WinDLG it. Download it from Western Digital's site. It might be able to patch a few bad sectors so that it can recognize it.

Tried that. She's dead, Jim.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:40 pm

You need to get on the lady singing about anger/sadness train.
Good cover. Also, is that song title a Primer reference? Because that's pretty much the first thing you think after watching Primer

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes, this is my day off of work, if anyone was wondering...

:oops:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:34 am

Wind River is an amazing movie, see it when it comes to your town.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:
Wind River is an amazing movie, see it when it comes to your town.

I will try. It looks great.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:02 pm

I was at the front of this. But my ravings are that of a madman.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:35 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
I was at the front of this. But my ravings are that of a madman.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Aww machine gun kitty.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:27 am

The most popular thing in Canada is not hockey, but to complain about the weather. I swear that's what half my conversations are about, that and movies.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:03 pm

MadMan wrote:
Aww machine gun kitty.
*Obi-Wan voice*
Now that's a meme I haven't seen in a looong time... long time.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 am

I had to take my car to the shop for an old, recurring issue. The joke is no longer funny. Please stop taking my money.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 am

I had to take my car to the shop for an old, recurring issue. The joke is no longer funny. Please stop taking my money.
I stabilized my computer but on rare occasion the graphics card wonks out and I swear that it is windows 10 bullshit. Windows 10 is a very mixed blessing so far

if I have to buy a new gpu I swear to god. Basically built a whole new computer just to have it boot up faster. I'm at a weird point where I might just downsize and try to pawn it off for a 1000 bucks with the promise of 500 steam games, or just dedicate it to mining etherium

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 am

I'm going to clear (as in after taxes) 13 grand or so for this 24 days of work.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:15 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Not bad at all.

We went from nearly nothing last month to being absolutely stacked with work this month.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:36 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I stabilized my computer but on rare occasion the graphics card wonks out and I swear that it is windows 10 bullshit. Windows 10 is a very mixed blessing so far

if I have to buy a new gpu I swear to god. Basically built a whole new computer just to have it boot up faster. I'm at a weird point where I might just downsize and try to pawn it off for a 1000 bucks with the promise of 500 steam games, or just dedicate it to mining etherium

Shiny chains in Wolfenstein apparently cause my amd 480 to randomly crash. PC gaming is bullshit sometimes.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Nice.

I've been working on a thing in making Wix websites. It's kinda like construction but you do it with a screen, a mouse, and uncomfortable amounts of coffee relative to the actual physical output you are administering to the internet box

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Shiny chains in Wolfenstein apparently cause my amd 480 to randomly crash. PC gaming is bullshit sometimes.
That game is optimized all weird and I just couldn't play it after getting spoiled to death by DOOM 2016 which should be retained is absolutely the best modern game this side of, idk, Titanfall 2. Who knows what you still feel about Overwatch but I've seen it getting comfortably cheap *shiftiest eyes*

I'm very excited about Wolfenstein 2 given that the IDtech hit an incredible point with DOOM. I really dug what 1 was throwing at me despite the... actual gameplay. That story shit works. I bet Evil would love it, it's like Michael Fassbender vs Nazis but HARD R the game

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Genie is working on the new Raider stadium.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:18 am
Profile YIM

Go faster Genie.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 am

I can't believe that the fucking raiders are the new seahawks

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 66427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1322, 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329  Next