It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

No, but I am working on a place at the Las Vegas Country Club. Still looks like 1969 inside, has aluminum wiring, etc. Much fun.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 am

"Las Vegas Country Club" is code for New Raider Stadium. We know you can't talk or you'll get whacked. :p

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:59 pm
Profile YIM

I bet Genie could do better than this
https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments ... ars_by_my/

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:
I'm going to clear (as in after taxes) 13 grand or so for this 24 days of work.
*whistle* What specific job are you on now, anyway?

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 am

Should I spend 3 grand to watch the Broncos beat the heads in of the New York Football Giants? Decisions decisions.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 am

Is 3 grand the smallest amount of money you can spend to see that?

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:54 am

Alright, the absolute best line in Science Fiction is "strummin' with a heavy wrist"

Just the way that he says it. Fuck. Best line about fapping alone and crying ever

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:29 am

what an album

Honestly it's not just the best Brand New album but one of the absolute best North American albums of all time, up there with OK Computer. I'm going there

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:32 am

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Is 3 grand the smallest amount of money you can spend to see that?

I could spend nothing and just watch it on tv, which is what I am going to do. I was basically on board with it, 1000 for good tickets, 800 for the flight, 400 or so for the hotel for a couple nights, plus cabs and dinners and prolly buying a jersey and such cause I'm a tool, but then they try to throw a $200 service fee on the game tickets and that's just a bridge too far.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:40 am

It is definitely, DEFINITELY, the furious 30 second guitar drop on 137. That is the best part of literally any song ever made.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I could spend nothing and just watch it on tv, which is what I am going to do. I was basically on board with it, 1000 for good tickets, 800 for the flight, 400 or so for the hotel for a couple nights, plus cabs and dinners and prolly buying a jersey and such cause I'm a tool, but then they try to throw a $200 service fee on the game tickets and that's just a bridge too far.

If you're making a big trip of it, that's probably a decent amount to spend. Could maybe find cheaper tickets from people sell their tickets in the last few days but it's a big trip, best not to chance it too much. Enjoy your weed tourism trip.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am

If you're making a big trip of it, that's probably a decent amount to spend. Could maybe find cheaper tickets from people sell their tickets in the last few days but it's a big trip, best not to chance it too much. Enjoy your weed tourism trip.

It's too much for 2 nights, even for a high roller such as myself, so I'll just watch the game at home and drink fancy bourbon and have sex with my incredibly hot wife at halftime, oh the burdens I have.

And if I wanted to try all the super fancy high potency strains I would just go visit Nameless (unless he cancelled on me cause HE NEEDED TIME TO PACK, fuckin' ROuge), cause that boy is living in the Mecca of weed. Srsly, it's the Silicon Valley of weed over there, they're R and D-ing shit on the island you won't see at mass market for another five years minimum.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:03 pm

California has weed delivery apps. Someone had to create a law to ban weed delivery drones. The Rogue Capitalism Weed Solution is here.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
And if I wanted to try all the super fancy high potency strains I would just go visit Nameless (unless he cancelled on me cause HE NEEDED TIME TO PACK, fuckin' ROuge), cause that boy is living in the Mecca of weed. Srsly, it's the Silicon Valley of weed over there, they're R and D-ing shit on the island you won't see at mass market for another five years minimum.
Seriously, is anyone going to pay me for being, like, actually physically made out of experimented marijuana advancements?

My absolute favorite thing ever is THC infused bath salts. Your whole body gets stoned af in a way not even edibles manage because it's all absorbed through your pores.

It's kinda shocking just how much marijuana caught on (what with dispensaries outnumbering starbucks and the square footage of those businesses being worth on the absolute highest platform of business welfare). I feel like it's a train I've been trying to hop on somehow. I do have experience with the stuff, after all

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm surprised by the rise of fentanyl. It's created such a problem that in Vancouver the morgues were overloaded with deaths.
https://www.straight.com/news/840756/ov ... s-capacity

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:
I'm surprised by the rise of fentanyl. It's created such a problem that in Vancouver the morgues were overloaded with deaths.
https://www.straight.com/news/840756/ov ... s-capacity
Yeah, it's population control via China. We kinda just let it happen after Harper. Blade Runner, yo

When you walk around a city like Vancouver you realize it doesn't exist in harmony but in a state of global attrition. There is a bid of sorts to be around here, and... systematic death needs to be taken seriously. The problem with this particular equation I struggle with articulating is just how do we do it without releasing racism towards the Chinese populace... or, are we going to need to say "hey, seriously fucking stop" when it comes to poisoning our populace. I mean, yeah, dead friends. We're aren't the occult capital of the world for no reason, I recommended reading "Diary of a Drug Fiend" by Aliester Crowley

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Here, my dad had the balls to post an ad on craigslist: https://victoria.craigslist.ca/apa/d/oc ... 03511.html

Nice house, eh? Fuck, how badly I want to crack this shit open

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Seriously... that's an email to the man responsible. You wanna know heroin addicts? Lemme tell you about the kids my dad doesn't like, he's a high school principal.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Lordy is my brain ever going through the ringer. This is what happens? How am I supposed to tell it to the kids!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Seriously, have I just been fighting with Dan Harmon this entire time without me knowing it? Just kinda... feeling my way through the dark of the whole situation?

Fucking universe is an intelligence test alright. Please tell me to go to bed if I'm crazy

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:29 am

So I literally got trolled by the entire universe telling me to grow up and it was the absolute most incredible emotional roller coaster of my entire life

What a great birthday. I'm not alone for this one

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:04 am

I have no idea what's going on but it seems like you're okay right now. If you're not, maybe listen to some Halsey for a couple hours.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:12 pm

I have no idea what's going on but it seems like you're okay right now. If you're not, maybe listen to some Halsey for a couple hours.
I'm okay. I got some good work put in there. I regret nothing! I haven't given myself something to laugh about in a while, like, Christ. I sincerely am gearing up for a huge internet break, I just wanted to get this all cleared up in a manner which I was comfortable with. That or I'm here forever with the internet vixens, I mean, I don't mind exactly. Evil prevails

I'm pretty stoked about working on not a project but the project, the one I'm going to need my internet friends to help advocate for when push comes to shove because I'm a dumb baby and can't do things on my own. I do the work and then it needs to be plugged into an amplifier and Steve better see it. Steve knows people

I should probably apologize to Steve the housekeeper. I met, and I kid you not, four separate Steves the day I moved in. I had a bit of a moment there. I thought that was awesome, not so much the KKK stuff. Christ. I have no liquor and you know what? Kinda sucks, despite how thoroughly awful my lightweight psyche explosion yesterday turned out feeling. My stomach is all grumbly

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Seriously. I don't drink. I just have a naturally drunk swagger. Probably not the worst quality but it can get me into a lot of trouble. Loose lips sink ships.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Steve persevered.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:45 am

Never change, Nameless. Never change.

-The Big Lebowski (1998)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Never change, Nameless. Never change.
I'm okay. I'm just... That was a lot to draw out and I'm pretty beat. I'm extremely tense because that was boiling up for a long time and really the solution to that one is, well, rest. I feel like I showed everyone how to bark and speak up for themselves... How to weed the innocent from the guilty

And I can't help but to own that guilt because sympathize... I had to get my eye in close in order to understand but... You can go overboard and we need to adjust our limits. I listen to the smallest animals who are the most quiet and afraid to speak up and I show them how to point out who is making them question their own reality. We deserve to own our reality where my own dreams and ideals aren't replaced in wake of this horrid responsibility where I feel trapped all of the time. I feel like everyone is mature at this point to be able to figure out where I am coming from. I can't write like this if it ain't making me a means of getting by... Guilt rises out of people and I know who I have hurt and I have made the best effort I can I communicate with them through the barriers of my effectiveness. I seriously just sit around and cry these days and right now I feel like I earned these tears because no, I did not take the easy way out. I'm right here. I'm just tired is all and I need for all of you to keep your eyes wide open for me okay? Not eyes wide shut. Stay woke

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am

I need to work on something more productive than this and I want it to be more gentle. I don't want for anyone to have to go through that so I'm a little bent and on edge, like a tiger waiting to pounce

You know your way around, man, I believe in you but take a break and use your INCREDIBLE intellect for a script or something. Ask my friends here to help because they are incredible people and you are braver than I am. Thanks for being a champ, popcorn reviews. Didn't mean to get too adult on ya, it's a weird world. Go explore, be nice to the people you meet and yeah, try and have some fun before the adult comes along because there will be a new set of challenges for you and your ilk to examine when you are my age. I'm only hard on everyone because i want people to be more comfortable with language... Language provides people with the choice. When I scream, and the innocent react, I feel horrible and just cry. Its all I can do. I need a break, bud, I turn 27 tomorrow. You will know when you get there. You make me feel like this is all in good hands. Thank you. It's an important dialog and all I can do is post it for everyone to see. It will all draw reaction and I'm trying to come to terms that it's okay to move on and get some real work done, save for an opportunity here for me to be established somehow and provided with a degree of comfort for me and my own because I will do the work if asked if enough people want me to stick around, but yeah, break. I'm not going back to RT. I will check in because you all I so badly love. Thank you so much for being here with me. And I want you to know that I will stay forever... In my own way. We don't perish here until the internet does and the real world is standing strong. It's beautiful outside and I should go for a walk and just think for a while

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am

Just a weird, wild guess... Are you Darbian the Super Mario Bros guy? If so, I'm crying that's so cool. If not, go watch him and have some fun, he's good people and that's a good crowd. Twitch has got your back

It's all in the reflexes.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 am

Ah the puppers are all out barking

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 am

So how do we design the internet to avoid abuse, it takes challenging it... We went through a real testing grounds there and I feel like while our reflexes are sharp, the internet as a whole promotes these feelings and yes when Alan Moore said culture of vapor I started to wave my hands and go NO YOU WATCH WITH THAT PHRASING

Words run deep. They are very VERY powerful and you must compose them with a clear mind or else who knows really. How exactly does one express the truth of reality? It takes more than words. It takes being there and, well, I'm not comfortable there. I belong here. Otherwise, it is left to the world's discretion.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:16 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Just a weird, wild guess... Are you Darbian the Super Mario Bros guy? If so, I'm crying that's so cool. If not, go watch him and have some fun, he's good people and that's a good crowd. Twitch has got your back

Nope. I'll look him up though.

-The Big Lebowski (1998)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:01 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Nope. I'll look him up though.
Cool, I mean, you don't have to.

I'm going to try something else.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

The Nameless One wrote:

Never heard of Darbian, but I probably spend half my free time streaming various Mario romhacks/Mario Maker levels on Youtube/Twitch. Have you ever checked out CarlSagan42's vids, Nameless? Of all the streamers I reguarly watch, he has GOT to be my favorite:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:54 am

The Nameless One wrote:
So I literally got trolled by the entire universe telling me to grow up and it was the absolute most incredible emotional roller coaster of my entire life

What a great birthday. I'm not alone for this one

That's awful. They don't know your issues

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:10 am

Nameless,

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:25 am

Joss Whedon wrote:
That's awful. They don't know your issues
I'm nof trying to trick anyone, if it is any indication. I got pretty lost there and I was terrified, and trust me that's happened to me before. I've been that way to various extents this entire time and, yeah, time to go for a walkabout and build my band account up, learn to drive, put my foot on the pedal, and go full throttle into what's all next. Tomorrow I get some help on moving forward, otherwise I'm on my own until I'm sure about what It is I want. I'm still young, I don't know any better..I shoulda paid more attention in school. School will happen in time, but I gotta focus on outside and make my priority change. Good change, I need to build a new resume

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:11 pm

The Nameless One wrote:
I can't believe that the fucking raiders are the new seahawks

They have more SB wins than Seattle, funny enough...

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:42 pm

The embargo on Blade Runner 2049 reviews just dropped, and its average rating on The Other Place is 8.9, four points higher than the original's...

:!: :!: :!:

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:18 am

Stu wrote:
The embargo on Blade Runner 2049 reviews just dropped, and its average rating on The Other Place is 8.9, four points higher than the original's...

:!: :!: :!:

To be fair, its average rating might move down a bit as more reviews come in.

Personally, however, I don't care how much its ratings change in the next week, because I'm super excited for it. I feel like it has potential to top the original film.

-The Big Lebowski (1998)

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:06 am

On day 10 of a possible 23 day shift. I hate everything and everyone.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Trenchoat:

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Now, I'm just posting music I like.

Evil Prevails wrote:
Trenchoat:

I should know what this means but I don't. I'm going to blame the weed. Weed and music do not go together.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Your girl loves the band Brand New, who recently dropped the best album (possibly ever), Science Fiction.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Hey Evil; guess who just watched A History Of Violence for the very first time recently...?

:oops:
Popcorn Reviews wrote:
To be fair, its average rating might move down a bit as more reviews come in.

Personally, however, I don't care how much its ratings change in the next week, because I'm super excited for it. I feel like it has potential to top the original film.
I know, but that's still really high for already having dozens of reviews counted for it. So yeah, I'm interested in it too; never was a huge fan of the original (always found it a pretty dehumanized (no pun intended) and detached experience on the whole), but I really liked Arrival, there's a ton of promising new directions you can go with a sequel to expand the rich world Scott created, and like I said, that average man, that average!

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:43 am

Science Friction is what I'd call the album of the year so far.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:01 am

Stu wrote:
Hey Evil; guess who just watched A History Of Violence for the very first time recently...?

:oops:
I know, but that's still really high for already having dozens of reviews counted for it. So yeah, I'm interested in it too; never was a huge fan of the original (always found it a pretty dehumanized (no pun intended) and detached experience on the whole), but I really liked Arrival, there's a ton of promising new directions you can go with a sequel to expand the rich world Scott created, and like I said, that average man, that average!

Yep, it is pretty impressive. I can't wait for it to be released.

-The Big Lebowski (1998)

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:08 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Science Friction is what I'd call the album of the year so far.

Are you sassing me here?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Are you sassing me here?

Nah, it's a tentative album of the year. I've found this to be a disappointing year but it would be a great album even in a strong year.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 pm

It was more in regards to that typo, and wondering if this was the beginning of one of those elaborate genie mind games that can only be constructed by a man who reads vacuum cleaner repair manuals from the 1950s for fun. Glad it doesn't make you want to kill yourself like the last Brand New album I recc'd did. How bout those guitars on 137 eh?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329  Next