It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

So I'm definitely going to trek down to the tobacca shop and have a look-see at their pipes, their fine high quality and probably instantly regretful (in the best way, you know) pipes and tobaccas

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:07 am

World Series! OMG. So happy.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:25 pm
Profile YIM

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Saw Obscure on Steam the other night, sent him a message to no response. He may be gone forever, or didn’t wanna respond to me.

He belongs to Stardew Valley now.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 pm

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
He belongs to Stardew Valley now.
Stardew Valley was the easiest 300 hours I ever spent. Can't wait to put another 500 in when multiplayer becomes a thing and we can all build a sweet farm together and, idk, share one of those narratives he keeps going on (off?) about

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:06 am

I'm going to be so pissed if I can't make void mayo from the void eggs that my void chickens lay

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:07 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I'm going to be so pissed if I can't make void mayo from the void eggs that my void chickens lay

Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:53 am

The Nameless One wrote:

I got really back into Stardew when it launched on PS4, but then Undertale went to PS4, then I got Wolfenstein The New Order, then got back into Dark Souls 3 and now I’ve got an SNES Classic. Why does gaming have to be so fucking good now?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 am

Going to see Halloween for the first time at midnight. How much like Halloween 5 is it?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Going to see Halloween for the first time at midnight. How much like Halloween 5 is it?

C'moooooooooooon.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Sup, Samm.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Smoke Bomb wrote:

I got really back into Stardew when it launched on PS4, but then Undertale went to PS4, then I got Wolfenstein The New Order, then got back into Dark Souls 3 and now I’ve got an SNES Classic. Why does gaming have to be so fucking good now?
We're just in a preposterously exciting time of art and expression evolving at a rapid rate and we just have so many treats. So many.

I got Metroid: Samus Returns and I dunno how I feel about it. It's definitely the worst 2D Metroid (AM2R is better, along with the other Nintendo produced games) but at the same time I appreciate a lot of what it is doing. It's a weird game, very audacious. I'm kinda surprised that Nintendo went through with it. It is a lot like Shadow Complex of all things

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:28 am

Evil, I will have you know that our tobacco shop downtown, "Old Morris Tabacconists", is located neatly next to the cocktail store named "The Churchill"

However, I will likely be hitting up the "Goodfellas Cigar Shop" in steed (read: bike)

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:21 am

Halloween was pretty good.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 am

Was it really Trenchcoat? Was it really?

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 am
Profile YIM

Halloween was pretty good.
It's the 21st :shifty:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:30 am

Yeah. Rob Zombie really knocked it out of the park.

It was the Carpenter version.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

Yeah. Rob Zombie really knocked it out of the park.

It was the Carpenter version.
I've seen that one and not Carpenter's :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

I kinda liked it :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:37 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I've seen that one and not Carpenter's :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

I kinda liked it :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
So did this guy...

:shifty:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 am

I don't know when parts of the Rick and Morty fanbase became so embarrassing. A small group of angry jerks shouldn't make you want to be less of a fan, but they're sort of ruining the fun of enjoying a good piece of work

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:59 pm

I've only seen 2 Halloween films: Carpenter's original film and Zombie's 2007 remake. Carpenter's film is my favorite slasher film of all time. As for the 2007 remake, it's been many years since I watched it (I happened to come across it on TV once), so I don't remember a lot about it. However, considering how much I loved Carpenter's film and considering the reviews the remake got, I highly doubt I'd like that film if I re-watched it.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:32 am

Battle of the Sexes
I have never seen so many people turn their phones on to check when the movie was going to be over. The dullness was excruciating.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 am

Joss Whedon wrote:
I don't know when parts of the Rick and Morty fanbase became so embarrassing. A small group of angry jerks shouldn't make you want to be less of a fan, but they're sort of ruining the fun of enjoying a good piece of work
I ended up blaming the creators but the creators ended up taking responsibility for the questions they were all posing. It's an inherently toxic show and must be handled carefully less it causes an ill chemical reaction. Ultimately, I believe that potent toxins provide the anti-toxin to a larger symptom and I do think the show is worth the discussion it inspires

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 am

I love it when creators call out the fanbase because it's soooooooo Hideaki Anno

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:29 am

Joss Whedon wrote:
I didn't even get why this controversy with them started; was it something like, some of them had a problem with the show having any female writers or staff on it at all? If so, then just... what the fuck, guys?
Popcorn Reviews wrote:
I've only seen 2 Halloween films: Carpenter's original film and Zombie's 2007 remake. Carpenter's film is my favorite slasher film of all time. As for the 2007 remake, it's been many years since I watched it (I happened to come across it on TV once), so I don't remember a lot about it. However, considering how much I loved Carpenter's film and considering the reviews the remake got, I highly doubt I'd like that film if I re-watched it.
I remember the middle act of 2nd Halloween film (the 1981) being pretty slow and dull, and I actually didn't really like the original that much either (horror movie blasphemy, I know); it wasn't bad to me or anything, it's just that both the plot and the atmosphere of it were rather... thin, and almost non-existent, really. Not very scary on the whole, I hate to say. It has been a decade-and-a-half since I watched it though, so maybe I should give it another shot sometime if I get in the mood for it.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:49 am

The anti Rick and Morty circle jerk is as bad as the rock and Morty self jerk, which also feels really overblown at this point. Also, plot is definitely the most important part of any horror movie.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:59 am

An old friend from high school came down to see me, with his girlfriend. At one point, she was angry at him and stormed out while I was in the bathroom. He told me about it. She eventually came back and write it off as "needing to make a call." Then she excused herself to "make a call," effectively sent him a breakup text. He showed me. And she came back and pretended like nothing happened. Then we saw Bladerunner and grabbed dinner. It was weird.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
The anti Rick and Morty circle jerk is as bad as the rock and Morty self jerk, which also feels really overblown at this point. Also, plot is definitely the most important part of any horror movie.
Because I totally hate something like IT because of its less than perfect story...

;)

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

An old friend from high school came down to see me, with his girlfriend. At one point, she was angry at him and stormed out while I was in the bathroom. He told me about it. She eventually came back and write it off as "needing to make a call." Then she excused herself to "make a call," effectively sent him a breakup text. He showed me. And she came back and pretended like nothing happened. Then we saw Bladerunner and grabbed dinner. It was weird.
That is weird. So, er, anyway... what'd you think about 2049?

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 am

Stu wrote:
I remember the middle act of 2nd Halloween film (the 1981) being pretty slow and dull, and I actually didn't really like the original that much either (horror movie blasphemy, I know); it wasn't bad to me or anything, it's just that both the plot and the atmosphere of it were rather... thin, and almost non-existent, really. Not very scary on the whole, I hate to say. It has been a decade-and-a-half since I watched it though, so maybe I should give it another shot sometime if I get in the mood for it.

I actually found it to be incredibly scary both in the way of its atmosphere and its buildup. Here's the review I wrote for it. See if you can revisit it before October ends.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:31 am

Stu wrote:
That is weird. So, er, anyway... what'd you think about 2049?

Still really good.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:46 am

Still really good.
It was a rewatch for you, huh? Well, while I didn't quite think it was a great movie, and didn't like it enough for it to make my top 10 of the year, it was still quite the experience on the big screen, and I didn't regret checking it out one bit in the end. It's the kind of intelligent, off-the-beaten-path sort of big-budget risk that I wish Hollywood would release much more often.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 am

Mueller's going to file the the first charges in the Trussia probe tomorrow, guys...

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:46 pm

This World Series is gonna give me a heart attack.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:02 pm
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
I don't think I've payed attention to any kind of professional sport in about a decade-and-a-half now, if I'm being honest...

#ignoranceisbliss?

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm

Ace wrote:

Welcome to how I felt last year.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:02 pm

What's everyone watching now that Halloween month is over? I plan on getting through the films in Scorsese's world cinema project.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:
What's everyone watching now that Halloween month is over? I plan on getting through the films in Scorsese's world cinema project.
Well, Thor: Ragnarok is getting a lot of good buzz, and I'm not working tomorrow, so I figure I'd go see that and then write a review of it. Besides that, I was also considering get some #Noirvember action in, maybe kick that off by rewatching and reviewing The Third Man, finally. From there, maybe some rewatches of some old faves might be in order, like Chinatown.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 am

Guess Evil should have gotten into Bitcoin.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Guess Evil should have gotten into Bitcoin.

I like to think it's karma for all the terrible things he's done to internet people.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:15 am

What's exactly the precise jump off point from RT before we are all undoubtly tangled up in Dan Hatmons scourge against humanity. I feel like as opposed to cream floating to the surface maaaaaaybr I might just be the coffee grounds of the whole equation

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 am

Shoulda hopped in scures yacht while I had the chance. Now its like welp.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:22 am

Kayden Kross wrote:

I like to think it's karma for all the terrible things he's done to internet people.

Fuck those people, they all deserved it. Especially Eva.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 am

I feel like Obscure hasn't come back precisely because he's a little bitch who can't handle having to own up to being so monumentally epically gargantuanly wrong about the future prospects of bitcoin. At least Genie is a man and still sticks around to receive my voluminous and richly deserved scorn for costing me my private island.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 am

I had to spend 4 hours yesterday and 8 hours today waiting around for a barge to be fixed just to avoid having my truck and tools stuck in a super remote community for two months till the river freezes solid enough that they open the ice road. My life is very different from all of yours.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Fuck those people, they all deserved it. Especially Eva.

SHE WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON, EVIL. Full of compassion and love and nazism and blonde!

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:49 am

So fuck Eva, fuck Death Proof, fuck Bacardi Jim, fuck that guy who was obsessed with Rachel McAdams, fuck that Justin Drown guy, fuck R0ach, fuck Harry, fuckity fuck fuck Slade, fuck lovesexy in the deepest pit of hell, fuck Smalley and fuck all the rest of the retards that I called out on their retardation. You want an apology? Fuck you, pay me.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:49 am

Kayden Kross wrote:

SHE WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON, EVIL. Full of compassion and love and nazism and blonde!

Much like the Aryan race, she wasn't real dude. Just a non scientific concept some people very strongly wanted to believe in.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 am

I think, deep down, all this anger stems from the fact that William Blake left you and you miss the bromance.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:52 am

Kayden Kross wrote:
I think, deep down, all this anger stems from the fact that William Blake left you and you miss the bromance.

I was actually a lot angrier before and during the William Blake period of my life. Also, I was always a try hard dick when it came to dicking on him, every now and then I'll go back and randomly look at some of those threads when I am stuck somewhere with nothing better to do and can't sleep, and boy is it cringy for me. I think Blake more than anyone prolly deserves and apology from me (not for what I said about his comedy videos though, he asked for honest feedback) but also srsly they guy was just a really bland not funny or interesting sort of wannabe hipster. He only got rotten tomatoes famous cause he was pretty. I earned that shit.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:00 am

Also, if you want to go really deep it prolly comes from being raised by a narcissist and a manic depressive with hoarding issues. But y'know, you work with what you are given.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 66559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332  Next