It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

But what's your opinion of JRSly?

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:49 am

Hahaha, can't say I actually have much of one. We never interacted much in my early days and ... well obviously not much later on either.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 am

I retain that I missed out, maturity wise, on RTs golden years and all it's good for now is finangling with the grandpas, including and especially Dan Harmon, who still remain. And popcorn reviews I guess, the 17 year old Google ai assassin. Who even knows anymore. I think mellowafternoon lives on my head

Evil, what are you drinking this here evening of new Thor movies with 90 whatever precent and you better give me a proper sending to the Valhallas which are afulthood. Stupid bad phone keyboard, obscure probably has several iterations of iPhones by now

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Well I am working out of town so for the majority of my drinks it is Alberta premium whiskey and caffeine free diet coke highballs. I also brought some goose island ipa, some alley kat full moon pale ale, 4 Kilkennys, and a special fancy 100 dollar bottle of bourbon so I could one up this other pipe smoker and fancy booze drinker who is also on one of the sites I am working on. I don't have a problem, you have a fucking problem.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
Well I am working out of town so for the majority of my drinks it is Alberta premium whiskey and caffeine free diet coke highballs. I also brought some goose island ipa, some alley kat full moon pale ale, 4 Kilkennys, and a special fancy 100 dollar bottle of bourbon so I could one up this other pipe smoker and fancy booze drinker who is also on one of the sites I am working on. I don't have a problem, you have a fucking problem.
hell yeah I do. Ugh, maybe you are living on my head. How much is my fancy father paying you!? Where are my damn treats. Ugh!

I've had a weird month, Evil.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm

I thought Blake was kool

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Damn striaght go back to Calgary. This is BCville I swear on me mum

If you were upstairs right now OKAY maybe I will undo the noose but srsly. Wanna go see Thor or something?

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:54 pm

It's so horribly possible. Ugh! That's what calgarian construction workers do! You are here building our shit! Yo I'm down to work I just need I dunno. Wtf.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
I don't have a problem, you have a fucking problem.

I actually debated not putting this at the end but I figured it was funny cause lol my functional alcoholism but still I worried that you might take it wrong but then I ultimately thought hey don't treat the man with kid gloves, eh? Srsly though dude, I am only your upstairs neighbour in the sense that I am way, way fucking north.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Neclord wrote:
I thought Blake was kool

A take so hot you better not look at it long lest it burn your retinas right out of your goddamn head.

What are your thoughts on Eva though? Let's really get into the meat and potatoes.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:

A take so hot you better not look at it long lest it burn your retinas right out of your goddamn head.

What are your thoughts on Eva though? Let's really get into the meat and potatoes.

She was a nazi right? Was she michaelbaybuff too?

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:

I actually debated not putting this at the end but I figured it was funny cause lol my functional alcoholism but still I worried that you might take it wrong but then I ultimately thought hey don't treat the man with kid gloves, eh? Srsly though dude, I am only your upstairs neighbour in the sense that I am way, way fucking north.
I'm just looking for outs here! This place blows! It's fiiiine, everything's fiiiiine. Just, y'know, reality takes a bit of a loop when doctors all think I'm perpetually tripping after... Idk. I'll write about it sometime.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Neclord wrote:

She was a nazi right? Was she michaelbaybuff too?

She was an alt right buffoon before it was cool, then she got caught and tried to effect this weird aryan robot persona while still making weird rapey aliases to try to get inside Katie's chastity belt. She definitely wasn't anyone regular on the board thoug, except for maybe Kovich, or she was just reading his dream journal.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 pm

I guess Randy was my version of that hyper alt right battle where Michel Bay is good and right is wrong is right again. Lordy did that ever manifest. What's even to do!?

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I was a little curious about something, so I thought I'd through it out there. Is it strange that I don't seem to have ambition's beyond watching movies, reading, and going to school? I'm not an introvert, yet I would be perfectly happy if I could have a roof over my head and enjoy my hobbies for the rest of my life.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Joss Whedon wrote:
I was a little curious about something, so I thought I'd through it out there. Is it strange that I don't seem to have ambition's beyond watching movies, reading, and going to school? I'm not an introvert, yet I would be perfectly happy if I could have a roof over my head and enjoy my hobbies for the rest of my life.
I feel on the flip end of that where I'm an introvert and, well, all my stuff's packed and I just want to get a move on in the big unknown. I'm more than willing to let my stuff away as long as it's being put to good use. I'm not as attached to it as I once thought. Even with music it's like, well, I kinda want to get this screenplay out of my head and maybe music needs a break. Maybe I need about 10% of the shit I currently own in wake of, I dunno. That's the point. I'd much rather not know and I feel the pressure of the predictable. I just haven't found my pleasures to be dynamic in the sense where my sense of novelty longs for a wider horizon. As in, not this shitty cellphone.

My PC is fucked btw. I just don't want to go through that shit again. I'm writing that script with a PENCIL

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Holy shiiiit, Evil, we got a tiny amount of snow to stick on the ground in NOVEMBER. IT'S SO COLD :_)

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:36 am

New Thor confirms the running theory that Thor is the MCU’s comedy MVP. 9.5/10

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:03 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:
"How did you end up here?"

"Well, I tried to start a revolution, but didn't print enough pamphlets so hardly anyone turned up. Except for my mum and her boyfriend, who I hate."

:D

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Hemsworth is absolutely incredible. I haven't seen the movie yet, but his pure joy at seeing the Hulk fight him in the trailer was great.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:41 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
and a special fancy 100 dollar bottle of bourbon

Details or fuck off.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:04 am

MikeBayBuff was pretty awesome as well, just not as much as Eva was.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:05 am

I hiked up a hill for two hours, made a wrong turn and hiked down(also two hours) through a McMansion neighborhood. Southern California is weird.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:07 am

Kayden Kross wrote:

Details or fuck off.

It's Michters small batch Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey. It might have only been 90 dollars actually. It's smooth and sweet, I imagine a predominantly corn mix with out all that fake flavor from upping the rye that these new bullshit bourbons do. This is just quality of the mash and barrels and time. Has a real delayed burn that but It does kick like a mule once it arrives. Can't wait to try it in an Amaro Boulaveardier when I get home. I'll see if I can do a pic, it's tough on my phone.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 am

https://imgur.com/a/xBFhG

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 am

Hey it worked.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 am

Never even seen that kind here.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:50 am

Kayden Kross wrote:
Never even seen that kind here.

Hog farming ain't got the profit margins it once did.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Hog farming ain't got the profit margins it once did.

British Columbia is the hog serial killer haven, Evil. Stop comparing the mighty Ontario to them.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:10 am

Nice hardwood floor, Evil.

:shifty:

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 am

Kayden Kross wrote:

British Columbia is the hog serial killer haven, Evil. Stop comparing the mighty Ontario to them.

Hog town yo, you can't deny history.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:57 am

Im working out if town and staying in a jobsite trailer. The hardwood floors in my actual house make this linoleum shit look like the garbage floor for garbage people that it actually is. That you actually think a man of my stature in the community would befoul my feet by choice on such an inferior product shows me how right I was to put you on ignore those many moons ago.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
Im working out if town and staying in a jobsite trailer. The hardwood floors in my actual house make this linoleum shit look like the garbage floor for garbage people that it actually is. That you actually think a man of my stature in the community would befoul my feet by choice on such an inferior product shows me how right I was to put you on ignore those many moons ago.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:

Hog town yo, you can't deny history.

We do have Abbotsford, to be fair

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:48 pm

We had a pretty consistent supply of pig meat growing up. I've had some good sausages lemme tell ya. Victoria has an interesting history if we unwind our culinary Mainstays in wake of ww2. I could give a rundown but I'm making tunes while embracing the cold of winter

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Hey Evil/Genie, hypothetical question, but if I was so inclined to enter a trade apprenticeship, what would you recommend to steer right the fuck away from. While I'm down to work hard, I don't want to straight up ruin my body.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:53 am

Or should I become a cool bartender. The world may be my oyster.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 am

Dont:
Roofing
Drywall
Carpentry
Painting
Flooring
Iron work
Concrete

Do:
Electrical
Plumbing
Hvac
Refrigeration
Pipe fitiing
Welding (If the fumes won't upset your delicate nature)

The do's have the added benefit of paying better as well. You also got to look at your area and what trades are in demand and what ones pump out 300 journeyman a year. Also if you have a family in somewhere take it.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 am

Ha ha, my mom is always telling me to get into welding but there's always a little voice in my head telling me the fumes are cancers waiting to happen. Painting's no good though? I at least have a little experience in that. Roofing seems like the literal worst.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 am

Also I've been doing drywall and steel stud framing for going on 20 years and i am still a world beater. You gotta watch and be responsible for yourself at all times and have that mindset and motivation.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:30 am

Neclord wrote:
Ha ha, my mom is always telling me to get into welding but there's always a little voice in my head telling me the fumes are cancers waiting to happen. Painting's no good though? I at least have a little experience in that. Roofing seems like the literal worst.

Painting is garbage money. Literally everyone thinks they are a painter. The only way to make any money is to be a go go alpha type and run a crew or start your own company.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:32 am

If you wanna run shit go into carpentry and get on with a commercial construction general contractor. The site superintendents for rose companies are for the majority carpenters, and they are always looking to turn young guys into superintendents if they show a hint of ambition or skill. This is specific advice for my area though, could be totally different down there. Also, whatever trade, srsly do commercial construction, avoid residential lime the plague. Do industrial if you don't mind getting nothing done all day, drowning in paper work, and having to deal with 42 power tripping assholes who get to gave some say in your job every single day.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:37 am

Man I make a bad boss though, I'm good at working on my own or in a team but I'm shit when it comes to bossing people around. Maybe that's a bad attitude to have.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:45 am

Neclord wrote:
Man I make a bad boss though, I'm good at working on my own or in a team but I'm shit when it comes to bossing people around. Maybe that's a bad attitude to have.

Skill trade, smaller company, you'll be fine.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:46 am

Pipe fitting eh

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:53 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Dont:
Roofing
Drywall
Carpentry
Painting
Flooring
Iron work
Concrete

Do:
Electrical
Plumbing
Hvac
Refrigeration
Pipe fitiing
Welding (If the fumes won't upset your delicate nature)

The do's have the added benefit of paying better as well. You also got to look at your area and what trades are in demand and what ones pump out 300 journeyman a year. Also if you have a family in somewhere take it.

I do many things in the first column and only a little in the second column. I overwhelmingly do residential but I'd rather be hibernating n a mountain cabin. I'm not skilled enough to do this stuff at a production rate, unless it's cabinets in a shop. I can build the shit out of some cabinets.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:55 am

I mean, I can fit electrical pipes like no one's business. Inputs, outputs, male and female posinegitrons. I get it

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:58 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Painting is garbage money. Literally everyone thinks they are a painter. The only way to make any money is to be a go go alpha type and run a crew or start your own company.

I can paint better than a lot of painters I've encountered (through their paint work) and I'd never consider myself a painter. Most guys are just spray and pray, sometimes you'll get a guy who can brush and roll, sometimes you'll luck out on a guy who can tape and caulk. Nobody does enough prep work, which is 3/4 of the paint job. Everybody always cheaps out on primer. Drywall mud and texture flashes badly through unprimed paint.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 pm

This came out when Genie was a young toddler. Or probably not even born who knows. I feel this resonates now better than ever.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 pm
Profile YIM

Guitar Hero is when that song came out, and every song. Gawd what a great fad. I could still get some serious use out of rock band 3 and the midi adapter

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 66559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332  Next