It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 72388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1440, 1441, 1442, 1443, 1444, 1445, 1446 ... 1448  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

wew lad

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:11 am

I'm gonna go watch a late-season Office episode to wash that bad taste out of my mouth

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 am

Pacino. Tarantino. It's on!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 am

ski petrol wrote:
Pacino. Tarantino. It's on!
I'm sure the latter will be the one to finally do something to rein in Al's overacting, because his films are so well known for his actors' dignified, understated performances.

:shifty:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 am

Stu wrote:
I'm sure the latter will be the one to finally do something to rein in Al's overacting, because his films are so well known for his actors' dignified, understated performances.

:shifty:

Solid burn

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am

Obscure wrote:
Solid burn

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:28 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it, like Obscure's book ... or apparently his screenplay now, which he should totally give up on and become a HVAC installer. Srsly time is running out, it's cool to have dreams and no money in your early twenties, but then ...

rofl

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:42 am

Why is every PS4 game the same? Some third person dude walking around killing people

I mean I'll get all of them but

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:54 am

DrunkenJules wrote:
Why is every PS4 game the same? Some third person dude walking around killing people

They're the same because people like you keep buying them.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

ski petrol wrote:

They're the same because people like you keep buying them.

I'm sorry I have free time and money

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am

Instead of buying them, write them a letter telling them you want some variety in your entertainment.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 am

ski petrol wrote:
Instead of buying them, write them a letter telling them you want some variety in your entertainment.

Well I guess that's what the Switch is for

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 am

DrunkenJules wrote:

Hey, it isn't all walking. Sometimes they crouch and sneak up on the people to kill.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Dead Standing is all walking

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:36 pm

The Nameless One wrote:
Dead Standing is all walking

He also carries stuff, and then, like, crouch-sneaks past invisible enemies

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Obscure wrote:
He also carries stuff, and then, like, crouch-sneaks past invisible enemies
I think the gameplay to walking ratio is accurately represented in that trailer

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 pm

What do you mean there's no LFD3? What have you people been wasting your time watching?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Metroid Prime 4 waiting room

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
What do you mean there's no LFD3? What have you people been wasting your time watching?

I believe

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Oh no, this parent trap episode of New Girl can only end in heart braking.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Well out of all these third person crouching games TLOU2 was my favorite.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Death Stranding you're a amazon delivery guy. lol

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 pm
Profile YIM

DrunkenJules wrote:

Well I guess that's what the Switch is for

I was wrong

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:05 am

DrunkenJules wrote:

I was wrong
I played a round of fortnite. Yeah

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 am

Ace wrote:
Death Stranding you're a amazon delivery guy. lol
legit lol

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:26 am

Smash doesssss look good but where tf are all the games!

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I played a round of fortnite. Yeah

Ugh me too.

And I spent the entire game trying to kill my own teammates or whatever, ugh. Then I downloaded the ARMS demo and ended up buying FIFA.

WHERE'S METROID

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 am

DrunkenJules wrote:

Ugh me too.

And I spent the entire game trying to kill my own teammates or whatever, ugh. Then I downloaded the ARMS demo and ended up buying FIFA.

WHERE'S METROID
FIFA? Isn't that just Rocket League but with people? fortnite is literally the worst game ever

Nintendo tweeted that they will show Metroid when they are ready to show it. It's all Smash for the remainder of 2018

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 am

I have metroid.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 am

Holy shit, what is this Boom Mic Guy on The Office?!?!?!? Are they for real right now?!?!?!?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 am

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Oh no, this parent trap episode of New Girl can only end in heart braking.

you watchin' New Girl now Trenchcoat?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 am

Obscure wrote:
you watchin' New Girl now Trenchcoat?

Yes. I want to be a cool kid.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it, like Obscure's book ... or apparently his screenplay now, which he should totally give up on and become a HVAC installer. Srsly time is running out, it's cool to have dreams and no money in your early twenties, but then ...

I wish I'd gone into HVAC instead of computers.

I'm still writing, though... sent a screenplay to my friend in Hollywood... he liked it. But now comes the painstaking editing process.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:12 am

Wait a second *blinks*, you can... WORK while tending to your DREAMS? Wow! No no, I do get it because that's what I did for years and years before getting hit with a disability (to which I'm gearing up for work again). Wow, maybe it's Evil who needs a dream instead of being literally the most boring person on the planet. Oh boy, you build things with your hands which mean fucking butt shit except to some crab scientists and overall people who make far more money than you. Oh, you have a wife at least, that's worth "bragging" about you chud

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 am

I tried to suck it up that time and just let it pass but no, I will vanquish Evil. I want him to crawl back to his wife with his tail in between his legs about how mean old nameless hurt him, because that's exactly what I'm going to do

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:30 am

I dunno, I enjoy Evil's "dreams are toxic" theme

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 am

DrunkenJules wrote:
I dunno, I enjoy Evil's "dreams are toxic" theme
Yeah but why? It's a poorly written narrative, all he does is repeat the same thing

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:35 am

Toxic? My dreams are fucking nuclear and I will lay waste to even the tiniest sentiment that it should be any other way. Get your shit ass Chad Alberta paws off me, you make me sick

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:45 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Yeah but why? It's a poorly written narrative, all he does is repeat the same thing

I mean, everything Evil's been saying was probably already in our heads so yeah, it's probably not the most original narrative.

But watching him destroy our circle jerk is funny. I mean he's a dick about it, but that's usually the case with him on every topic, but also subtext; you don't have to accomplish your dreams to be happy. That's the message I'll take from him and it's good.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 am

DrunkenJules wrote:
I mean, everything Evil's been saying was probably already in our heads so yeah, it's probably not the most original narrative.

But watching him destroy our circle jerk is funny. I mean he's a dick about it, but that's usually the case with him on every topic, but also subtext; you don't have to accomplish your dreams to be happy. That's the message I'll take from him and it's good.
But what even talk about then? There's no content, like, it's this or Arrested Development S5. I don't feel much of a jerking from all of this, more jerked around. I'd rather be talking about what I'm working on and whatnot but apparently that's just... what even talk about about? What's left to say then? Should we all just internet die and quit posting altogether? Or can we just talk about the things which make us go and be peaceful, like, where are Evil's posts about food, or content in general. Sounds like dude has nothing going on beyond lashing out due to a suppressed sense of inadequacy regarding his own dream output. It's, like, I'm not fucking blind to my dreams and their ridiculousness, nor am I killing myself trying to make them happen, that's all for ME to articulate, not him. There's too much life happening in between the lines for him to be going off on such black and white tangents, especially with how loaded with assumption they are, like, jesus fucking christ I'm TRYING

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 am

When there is no content, one must create the content they so desire. The disillusionment of art comes from understanding the process where it's not magic, it doesn't just come out of nowhere, it's the result of real people putting real hours in. I'm curious about the processes and we happen to have people who are involved in the process of art. This discussion is valuable to me. There's no greater encouragement than seeing your people put their nose to the grindstone and humbly acknowledging the brutal nature of the grind. This shit is not easy, and I don't take the easy way out, I chose to live a life imbued with purpose and I will see it through whether a dream gets accomplished or not, because success has never been a part of my equation. I have an album and a half out by 27, I have three years to crank out my big debut project to keep on pace with the majority of working musicians. I'm good, I'm past the point of where I expected to be at this age. It's still unsubstantial by objective means, it's not like I'm making M O N E Y but I do plan on it, I just acknowledge that my work isn't worth a buck yet. This should extend to anyone writing screenplays or any sort of creative endeavor where it's important to understand standard, and how exactly do we get to the bottom of standards? By having a dialog about the content we consume, like, what exactly is going into my music? Surely it's everyone here and the light they have shown on the creative process, like, Evil has done more to help me there and it's safe to say my work, particularly my songwriting, is influenced by what I hear. That's nurture, that's watering plants not salting the fucking earth behind you

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:25 am

According to the PETAkillsnaimals website, PETA kills animals. I'm finding this all very frustrating. And they have the big idea to put pet in their name. Rat bastards.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 am

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Yes. I want to be a cool kid.

That show is rad Trenchcoat

I'm jealous of you for getting to watch it. I'm stuck watching the friggin boom mic guy on The Office

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Obscure wrote:
That show is rad Trenchcoat

I'm jealous of you for getting to watch it. I'm stuck watching the friggin boom mic guy on The Office
Between The Office and Arrested Development, you are taking things way past the point where I had to ditch. I feel like The X-Files taught me that completism is a scourge.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

The final season of The Office is one of the worst things that ever happened to TV. It is almost fascinating it is so unbelievably bad. Not quite, but almost.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am

Season nine felt like a big improvement over eight at the start because of how there was this palpable course correction to deal with a bunch of the problems the show was having. But then the one-two-three punch of a) Evil Andy, b) Boom Mic Guy, and c) the weird stuff with Dwight which I assume was intended to set up his spin-off that didn't get picked up, result in the season going off the rails about halfway through. Really a shame.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 am

Have you read Annihilation, Obscure?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Have you read Annihilation, Obscure?

Nope. Is that what the movie with Padme was based on?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 am

Also, to all that Nameless garbage, I'm sorry your mental illness has made me the poster child for all your fear and loathing, but you know, I'm gonna just keep being the same guy I always was. I take offense to being called the most boring man in the world when I share a planet with Madman though.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:26 am

Obscure wrote:
Nope. Is that what the movie with Padme was based on?

Yes, I haven't seen the movie (lo no one did), but the book is pretty good. It's Lovecraftian and 2spooky.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 72388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1440, 1441, 1442, 1443, 1444, 1445, 1446 ... 1448  Next