It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 73730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1435, 1436, 1437, 1438, 1439, 1440, 1441 ... 1475  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I went ahead and bought one, I'll let you know how it is.

I've used AnyDVD for years on my computer, which works like a charm as far as my needs go, but my roommate who had a Blu-ray player moved out and now I need something for communal stuff-watching.

Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 am

I miss sleepovers.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:48 pm

I think I've managed to pay for my entire photography kit just by taking real estate photos. Ouroboros.

Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Now it's time to upgrade! :D

Sun May 20, 2018 2:50 am
Profile YIM

New Girl tomorrow fucking finally. There will be the hottest of takes.

Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 am

In what season do the cops finally catch with Schmitt?

Sun May 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
Fucking hell, Madman, get some new lines. Jesus.

Coming from you and the others, that is funny. Or sad.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Sun May 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Ace wrote:

Best part of an okay movie. Luckily Thor 3 came after.

"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:
New Girl tomorrow fucking finally. There will be the hottest of takes.

It's ends how you expect New Girl to end. But not the way I expected it to end.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:37 pm
Profile YIM

So after my seat got stolen and I let it sit for a bit, my $200 bike turned into a $200 repair fee.

Mon May 21, 2018 6:33 am

Oh Trenchcoat. LA has not taken to you kindly.

Mon May 21, 2018 6:47 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Oh Trenchcoat. LA has not taken to you kindly.

I love this mother fucker of a town so much.

Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 am

Damn it. Lake Bell is only in one episode of New Girl.

Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 am

MadMan wrote:
Coming from you and the others, that is funny. Or sad.

I mean, I don't deny that I have my talking points: Michael Mann, cocktails, superhero burnout, give up these pretentious things and just punch the clock. However, I feel like I can and even occasionally do expand on these topics when prompted and even mix it up on others. You however have nearly twenty years of fucking posts of "I like (x) movie, can't be assed to expand beyond that". You have however at least stopped with the "I post everywhere" shit which might as well have been your signature for fifteen years, I will give you that.

Mon May 21, 2018 10:31 am

Pretentious - Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.

Evil, you best shut the fuck up about my dreams, like, seriously, who the fuck said you are qualified to speak of another man's go? Fuck you, buddy!

Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am

Come on, motherfucker, show me your graveyard of dreams. I'm waiting

Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 am

I spend three fucking hours a day drumming on top of what it takes learning how to compose and I'm doing this for fucking free, so fuck you I don't expect a fucking handout for my efforts. I do this alllllll for you, for free, like, more than free. Every single dollar and hour of my fucking life has gone into this you stupid piece of shit and I expect nothing. Fuck you so fucking hard you selfish twat, you are fucking nothing, just dust in the fucking wind compared to the insignificant fuck I give about everyone and what I hope to one day offer you all. Go listen to your pedo boy band some more

Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am

Its a line from a song you fucking baby.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I mean, I don't deny that I have my talking points: Michael Mann, cocktails, superhero burnout, give up these pretentious things and just punch the clock. However, I feel like I can and even occasionally do expand on these topics when prompted and even mix it up on others. You however have nearly twenty years of fucking posts of "I like (x) movie, can't be assed to expand beyond that". You have however at least stopped with the "I post everywhere" shit which might as well have been your signature for fifteen years, I will give you that.

I have thirteen years of posts like that.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am

Alright whatever fuck it, I'm done here. Trench coat was right about you guys.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:47 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Alright whatever fuck it, I'm done here. Trench coat was right about you guys.

You can't just leave me here alone. I don't know anything about New Girl.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:50 am

They did an episode where Prince shows up. That was great.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:51 am
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:
Its a line from a song you fucking baby.
How fucking pretentious. Fuck you

Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 am

Still waiting on that graveyard of dreams, like, seriously how clueless are you?

Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am

Prince. I gotta find that episode.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 am

ski petrol wrote:
Prince. I gotta find that episode.
Oh naw, you had to get Lovesexy all riled up, didn't you Ace?

Mon May 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Herr Genie, two questions about Vegas:
1) Where are the Elvis impersonators
2? Where are the Marilyn impersonators

Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 pm

I wonder what I was right about.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Kayden Kross wrote:
Herr Genie, two questions about Vegas:
1) Where are the Elvis impersonators
2? Where are the Marilyn impersonators

I honestly have no fucking idea.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm

I've only ever seen one show on the Strip and that was when Cheap Trick played Sgt. Pepper in its entirety in a tribute show. It was great.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:34 pm

I like the hotels with the all you can eat buffets.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm

The Las Vegas Star Trek thing was cool when I was 18 but that might be gone by now.

Also, say hi to my cousin. She's the one talking about Jesus with her four kids.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:47 pm

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
The Las Vegas Star Trek thing was cool when I was 18 but that might be gone by now.

I'm still kicking myself for never seeing that.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:55 pm

What's the difference between an interest and a hobby? Is it a money/time thing? Equipment?

Mon May 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Oh come on Evil, you know I am an asshole. Usually a drunk one, but I am on the wagon. For now.

Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:

I save actual reviews for my blog. Blame Twitter for causing me to offer short blah takes on film here.

Mon May 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
What's the difference between an interest and a hobby? Is it a money/time thing? Equipment?
I don't think you need money or equipment to be a hobbyist. After all you can write a script, compose music, etc with a pen and paper. Time is a big factor, particularly how that time is used. You don't hear me listening to a lot of music because I'm too busy trying to create the stuff where an enthusiast will just quote some shitty song at me and have that be the be all end all of their musical expression. Regarding money, I'm no more of a hobbyist or less of a hobbyist from when I did all my composing on one of these:

Compared to this:

Sure, it took me longer to save up for the later but both do relatively the same things. Application is key, I use my tools to produce. I also think it's unfair to consider this a hobby in wake of taking a class in school, like, the equipment is my tuition fee and my time is the lesson. Now I'm gearing towards graduation and actually finding musical work to apply for. I regret none of my investment to date which is why I'm so incredibly pissed at Evil because, yeah, he put the idea in my head that this is going nowhere and I should just stop, which, if you knew me at all, is so profoundly fucking cruel

Tue May 22, 2018 1:02 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:

I think it's a distinction between passive and active engagement. I wouldn't say it's either money, time or equipment though. For example, if I say that the difference between an interest in history involves reading books, whereas a hobby in history would involve collecting antiques/artifacts, then both would still require some amount of money, time and equipment, but reading involves cultivating knowledge and collecting involves cultivating something more physically maintained. Obviously, the overlap is considerable.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
I honestly have no fucking idea.

Any neat places that aren't so touristy? I'm thinking photo wise.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I don't think you need money or equipment to be a hobbyist. After all you can write a script, compose music, etc with a pen and paper. Time is a big factor, particularly how that time is used. You don't hear me listening to a lot of music because I'm too busy trying to create the stuff where an enthusiast will just quote some shitty song at me and have that be the be all end all of their musical expression. Regarding money, I'm no more of a hobbyist or less of a hobbyist from when I did all my composing on one of these:

You should get one of those recording devices like the kid had in Baby Driver.

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Tue May 22, 2018 4:35 am

Death Proof wrote:
You should get one of those recording devices like the kid had in Baby Driver.

I do want a field recorder as pictured, and Baby Driver is very accurate in it's depiction of that style of music production. You can use those for more than just people talking, like, I've recorded songs using folly production techniques (using practical noises for sound effects, like, manipulating the sound wave of a balloon popping to make a snare, or water splashing as a clap, or crumbling paper as a shaker... the possibilities are limitless). I can do all of that at home with any microphone but, yeah, the portability would be huge. I'd just wander around with drum sticks recording different tones of shit that I hit along the way

Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 am

The downside is they look like a taser so maybe don't go shoving those things in people's faces all willy nilly

Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 am

Interesting takes, thanks. I think I have a handful of true hobbies and a variety of interests based on the criteria.

Kayden Kross wrote:

Any neat places that aren't so touristy? I'm thinking photo wise.

Everything here worth seeing is touristy. You could try the Springs Preserve, which is like taking a scenic desert trip right in the heart of the city.

Tue May 22, 2018 9:23 am

I think papercraft is a hobby of mine. I made a 4-foot paper model of the Saturn V rocket, and all other manned U.S. rockets from the Space Race to scale.

Tue May 22, 2018 12:15 pm

The talking to other humans thread has died. :(

Fri May 25, 2018 1:56 pm

ski petrol wrote:
The talking to other humans thread has died. :(

Hobbies killed it.

Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm

quick question to pick some of your brains: what player to you guys use to watch DVDs on your computers/laptops? I was doing okay with VLC on Windows 10 but then it started to have problems with older DVDs (I tried four different discs of The French Connection and it would stop in the exact same spot). I've been trying out stuff like MPC-HC/BE, Potplayer, and 5KPlayer and I think there are some small lags in the video or at least that none seem to play as smooth as VLC. unless I'm being too sensitive to what is imperceptible to most people. thanks in advance.

also VLC seems to play fine for any mkv and avi files that I have if that matters. so I don't know if converting every DVD I watch to mkv or avi using Movavi or MakeMKV is the answer.

Fri May 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Just bootleg PowerDVD. It plays DVD and Blurays fine.

Fri May 25, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile YIM

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Hobbies killed it.

Just wondering. Is there a chance that BL got apprehended for disclosing TMI about his cabal's newsletter?

Sun May 27, 2018 2:21 am

If only Obscure could write a script that exposed such elitist indulgences. Cat's loose, BL. Illuminate us.

Sun May 27, 2018 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 73730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1435, 1436, 1437, 1438, 1439, 1440, 1441 ... 1475  Next