It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 72641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1446, 1447, 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Harry Potter musical parody experts, should I go see Voldemort and the Teenage Hogwarts Musical Parody at UCB? Also, are you jealous?

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:28 pm

I've got big plans for this week.

1. Drugs.
2. Hitman.
3. Dip grilled cheese in tikka masala sauce.

Is that three days? Or one? I don't know. Got to get it done.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:45 pm

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Harry Potter musical parody experts, should I go see Voldemort and the Teenage Hogwarts Musical Parody at UCB? Also, are you jealous?

The hell? The only Harry Potter musical parody is A Very Potter Musical.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 am

Obscure wrote:
The hell? The only Harry Potter musical parody is A Very Potter Musical.

Not no more. These fresh kids nowadays don't remember A Very Potter Musical. They don't remember the gifs.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 am

Messi made it through. The helicopter is spooling up.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:03 am

Not no more. These fresh kids nowadays don't remember A Very Potter Musical. They don't remember the gifs.

That's fucked up.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 am

Nine hours of Harry Potter musical parody for free online and the youths don't even know it. My god...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 am

How can you parody something that is already a parody?

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:35 am

That feeling you get when you start to get ads on Spotify that use fuckin' ASMR whispers to sell their cleaning product (whatever it is) to you, and you have to ponder just how far we've fallen as a civilization.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Obscure wrote:
Nine hours of Harry Potter musical parody for free online and the youths don't even know it. My god...

Kids nowadays hate free. They want to pay $7 for the ucb show then pay $40 for the Harry Potter themed fortnite cosmetic.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Stu wrote:
That feeling you get when you start to get ads on Spotify that use fuckin' ASMR whispers to sell their cleaning product (whatever it is) to you, and you have to ponder just how far we've fallen as a civilization.

ASMR ruined ASMR.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
ASMR ruined ASMR.

There's always Bob Ross.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:05 am

Death Proof wrote:

There's always Bob Ross.
I have some terrible news...

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 am

Stu wrote:

Smalley why would you listen to this when you could listen to the 30 minute Aubrey Plaza ASMR video youtube keeps trying to get me to watch.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:44 am

BL wrote:
I have some terrible news...

Oh, be nice.

He lives on in Youtube. Helps me sleep at night. The power of his magical orange afro heals us all.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:58 am

ASMR fails when it tries to be ASMR. The best videos are the ones that happen due to circumstance.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 am

You guys need girlfriends, they help you relax.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:36 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Stop ASMR shaming

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

That's what hands are for and they're a lot cheaper.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 am

Hey Evil, what if I told you Genie is going to rent a limo to pick me up at the airport and drive me to my hotel, meanwhile Rouge had to pack.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:23 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Hey, we're all trying. We've all got cute Starbucks baristas that we've never spoken to. I don't know how I could be trying any harder.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:39 am

Kayden Kross wrote:
Hey Evil, what if I told you Genie is going to rent a limo to pick me up at the airport and drive me to my hotel, meanwhile Rouge had to pack.

You outta yo gotdamn mind?

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 am

I was hoping he would see that before you did.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

lol

You should also all go trade school. There's still time! It's running out fast, but you still got a year or two left.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 am

You can't pay for a limo with expired McDonalds coupons.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 am

Maybe rogue ditched out because of how much of an actual douchebag you are. Must be nice posting with a bunch of people who are more sub servant than actually your friends

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:47 am

I'm moving to the heart of downtown Victoria this Monday. My suite is on the 7th floor and it's spooky being up there, and I'm going to actually need a job because 1300/m is somehow our lowest end for rent. I'm pretty stoked being within walking distance of the "scene", like, I can actually go "out" and not "exist in a state of pure distilled degeneracy". Currently I live in the middle of nowhere with one crappy grocery store keeping me going, and of course all of you wonderful, wonderful "people"

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:00 am

Black Panther was a cut above the rest of Marvel's output, but still an 8/10ish thing. My big issue is Killmonger, he felt underdeveloped in that his motivations came off as weak, I just don't think he served as much of a contrast to T'Challa's ideals or general character arc. Kind of a "no shit, Sherlock" foil, not unlike Evil when he goes off about trades and dreams

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:10 am

The Nameless One wrote:
I'm moving to the heart of downtown Victoria this Monday. My suite is on the 7th floor and it's spooky being up there, and I'm going to actually need a job because 1300/m is somehow our lowest end for rent. I'm pretty stoked being within walking distance of the "scene", like, I can actually go "out" and not "exist in a state of pure distilled degeneracy". Currently I live in the middle of nowhere with one crappy grocery store keeping me going, and of course all of you wonderful, wonderful "people"

I'm proud of you. It's good to get out and interact with people sometimes.

The job part sucks but hopefully you'll find something you like.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:29 am

The Nameless One wrote:

I'm sure it's all going fo turn out great for you.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:05 am

I'm back after a long absence, not intentional, I simply forgot to post. I may be away for awhile again. I was accepted into a rehab program and to be honest,, it's a little scary, I'm not expecting the Betty Ford clinic, instead I'm wondering if it will be a place where I stay in bed for three weeks against my will

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:36 am

So you're....checking in?

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:41 pm
Profile YIM

Charlie Sheen will be my roommate. Help

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:08 am

Ace wrote:
So you're....checking in?

:heart:

Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:13 am

I've been to rehab. I stayed in two facilities. One was pretty nice for the money. You meet a lot of people you can talk to and the only downside is all the AA meetings. However it's better than doing it alone. Good luck.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:10 am

Time to cry in this Mr. Rogers documentary.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 pm

I don't want to alarm anyone, or appear irresponsible in stating the facts. All I'm saying is that a two-ton hunk of meteoritic rock fell about 16 miles off of the coast of northeastern Washington state about four months ago, and NASA seems to be extremely interested in collecting its fragments, which is not an urgency they tend to give to the couple of thousand meteorites which normally fall into the oceans every year.

I'm not saying "aliens". Yet. And it would be remiss for me to point out the trajectory of this "drop" to Oumuamua's passby of this corner of the solar system late last year. Oumuamua, of course, being the red-metal revolving interstellar object which, for some reason, has recently displayed "non-gravitational acceleration" while high-tailing out of our solar system, which has led to its being designated as a comet, despite the fact that the object has no tail, coma or ice vabor indicating the very stuff which would cause a comet to accelerate or the fact that even in the scientists' own description of the behavior of its sudden acceleration (again, not due to the gravity of the sun) to being "like rocket thrusters".

All of that aside. Brass tacks: I'm probably going to be tantilizingly hooked to this nautiluslive.org feed to the meterorite recovery for the rest of the day.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:11 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Black Panther was a cut above the rest of Marvel's output, but still an 8/10ish thing. My big issue is Killmonger, he felt underdeveloped in that his motivations came off as weak, I just don't think he served as much of a contrast to T'Challa's ideals or general character arc. Kind of a "no shit, Sherlock" foil, not unlike Evil when he goes off about trades and dreams
I dunno, I think the scene where
we see the Killmonger's vision of his late father entirely from his perspective, and he isn't still being Mr. Evil/Vengeful Bad Guy in it at all, but a sad, grieving son still emotionally scareed and trapped forever in that moment as a little boy, still missing his father and wanting revenge
developed him more as a character than any other Marvel villian (and that includes Thanos). The rest of his post-childhood background maybe could've been filled out a little more, but we know enough to fill in the blanks on our own, and I liked how his more aggressive warmonger contrasted with T'Challa's eventual peaceful, altruistic diplomacy. As for the overall movie itself, it isn't quite great, but it almost is, and is still my favorite MCU movie to date, so I was certainly pleased with it.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:19 am

That's some crazy talk, Jinnistan.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am

One of my minor hobbies has been to assemble a series of devices to be able to play practically all popular music out of a cigar box. There are two ways to do this. One would be to transfer files from an external hard drive via an OTG cable to an old phone acting as a transfer device, then putting those files on a portable MP3 player with minimal power usage. The other way would be to connect the phone itself to a Bluetooth speaker. This would all be charged by a phone-sized solar charger.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:18 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
That's some crazy talk, Jinnistan.

But Obscure told me to believe :(

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Obscure's dead baby. Obscure's dead.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm
Profile YIM

Genie, my hair looks fabulous for Vegas tonight.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:09 am

Kayden Kross wrote:
Genie, my hair looks fabulous for Vegas tonight.

As in, if you were in Vegas it would be a good look, or are you actually here?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:41 am

That's right, you were coming for the 4th of July. Are you at the Golden Nugget? I'm free tonight and tomorrow night.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am

Ace wrote:
Obscure's dead baby. Obscure's dead.

Obscure is just character I made up. I wanted a character with hope. Then I killed him.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
...I'm free tonight...

RETRACTED. It's late and I'm tired. Tomorrow is good because I can plan for it.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Obscure is just character I made up. I wanted a character with hope. Then I killed him.

So we all shared in this Obscure hallucination? It was shared psychosis.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:32 pm
Profile YIM

So what happened to Nameless?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Nameless? Is that another character Trenchcoat made up?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:01 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 72641 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1446, 1447, 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453  Next