It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 72647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1447, 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I think Kovy had to help his friend pack.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:28 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 am

Ace wrote:
Obscure's dead baby. Obscure's dead.

I started gaming again. :/

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:

Stings, doesn't it?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:33 am

He got distracted by some Nazi white girls.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:

Stings, doesn't it?

I found him. Kid Rock with a Jodie Foster shirt. He's the same in person as he is online.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

I use to shave my head and got mistaken by these German girls as a neo Nazi. It was quite distressing.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Genies got a nice big cock I love it AHHHHHHH

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Less Kid Rock, more Charlie Manson.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Obscure wrote:
I started gaming again. :/
And what piece of electronic filth has captured your soul back to that dank hobby, pray tell?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 pm

I finally drank a Canadian beer my dad brought back from Michigan, and now I want more.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Stu wrote:
And what piece of electronic filth has captured your soul back to that dank hobby, pray tell?

Firewatch

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 pm

MadMan wrote:
I finally drank a Canadian beer my dad brought back from Michigan, and now I want more.
There's nothing like a good Labatt.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:03 am

Torgo wrote:

Anything from Collective Arts.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:57 am

I doubt Blindman is shipping to the states, but oh boy is their New England ipa something else.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:43 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I doubt Blindman is shipping to the states, but oh boy is their New England ipa something else.

Just checked the Mass Beverage index and it’s not listed so no distributors have picked it up here yet. Collective Art’s got a pretty damned good NE IPA that’s been selling really well.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:50 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Just checked the Mass Beverage index and it’s not listed so no distributors have picked it up here yet. Collective Art’s got a pretty damned good NE IPA that’s been selling really well.

I bet you can get st. Elizabeth's allspice dram though can't you you bastard? My tiki game continues to be held back by its lack.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

I bet you can get st. Elizabeth's allspice dram though can't you you bastard? My tiki game continues to be held back by its lack.

There is a distributor that has a contract with them and imports 750/375ml bottles, unfortunately my store doesn’t have a working relationship with that distributor :-/

Did have a glass of Flor De Cana 7yr Gran Reserva rum and Macallan 15yr last weekend and both were on the divine side.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Anything from Collective Arts.

Collective Arts is good, but this motherfucker is the Canadian brew of choice for me

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 am

crumbsroom wrote:

Collective Arts is good, but this motherfucker is the Canadian brew of choice for me

Ahhhh yes excellent another Canadian beer not available in my state :(

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am

Are you guys importing Havana Club yet or has trump ducked that up too? Also, there are nine different runs in this house, when we decided to get into something, we really get into it.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:34 am

Also, what about red racer, can you get that in the states? It's so ubiquitous up here I wouldn't be surprised to find out Anheiser Bush bought it two years ago and I just never got the memo.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:35 am

I just feel bad whenever I buy Granville Island now, but it's still so cheap and tasty.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 am

Deschutes and Stone are still independent though as far as my latest googling. Also, Belching Beaver out of San Diego, my sister just refuses to shut the fuck up about them.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:39 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Are you guys importing Havana Club yet or has trump ducked that up too? Also, there are nine different runs in this house, when we decided to get into something, we really get into it.

Just sold our last bottle of it to a woman with a super adorable rescue mutt named Ginger! Not sure if President Dipshit has fucked with our rum imports yet but I’m dreading having to raise the price on canned beers from Canada/Mexico + what his bullshit tariffs are gonna do to the American craft whisky game.

Red Racer is not available in my state, not sure about the rest of the country tho. If AB does carry it we wouldn’t because my bosses hate dealing with them and we have a very limited selection of Bud products.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:54 am

Stone has been a favorite of mine ever since I got a bomber of Arrogant Bastard back in 2008, their Enjoy By series has produced some fantastic brews.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:56 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Stone has been a favorite of mine ever since I got a bomber of Arrogant Bastard back in 2008, their Enjoy By series has produced some fantastic brews.

Do you have their Oatmeal stout? Everybody seems to have stopped carrying that here in favor of the Americano stout which is 50% more price and almost 100% more alcohol. Sometimes I wanna just crush a few brews without getting blackout, y'know.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:01 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Do you have their Oatmeal stout? Everybody seems to have stopped carrying that here in favor of the Americano stout which is 50% more price and almost 100% more alcohol. Sometimes I wanna just crush a few brews without getting blackout, y'know.

Right now we’re mainly stocking their big 3 IPA’s (Standard, Session, & Delicious) the only oatmeal stout we regularly carry is the Sam Smith organic line (they make my favorite cider and some delicious fruit ales)

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:05 am

Torgo wrote:

I had a Molson Canadian. I am on the lookout for Labatt, though.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Do you guys know what a 'ghost' is? I bet you don't. It's a gun that can't be traced back to anyone. I've been watching all these great shows on the criminal underworld on Netflix and learning all this nifty stuff. Soon I can be a criminal mastermind and rule the world.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:23 am

ski petrol wrote:
Do you guys know what a 'ghost' is? I bet you don't. It's a gun that can't be traced back to anyone. I've been watching all these great shows on the criminal underworld on Netflix and learning all this nifty stuff. Soon I can be a criminal mastermind and rule the world.

80% lower milled out to fit parts without a serial number.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
80% lower milled out to fit parts without a serial number.

Yeah you win this round. But do you know how long of a prison sentence you'd get if you're caught trying to remove a serial number from a gun?

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 am

Obscure wrote:
Firewatch
I never played it myself, but I watched part of a Let's Play for it once, and the... story seemed interesting, at the least.

:shifty:

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:05 am

ski petrol wrote:

Did you know you can 3D print a gun?

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 am

Obscure should quit his watching of fire and Hollow Knight instead.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Nah, he should hit men.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 am

I've got a layover in your hometown, Evil. You know I've never been in Calgary before!

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:32 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Nah, he should hit men.

No, I'm done gaming.

I'm just playing HL2 though, right now

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 am

I just recently beat Super Mario Bros. and the Jaws video game for the NES, and I don't think you could overestimate the idiotic pride I'm feeling right now despite the fact that I rightfully should have accomplished these things as an adolescent.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 am

Blows my mind when these guys on YouTube posts videos of walk throughs on old video games. Like beating Zelda for NES in less than 30 mins.

The Confession |Gavras, 1970| +
Missing |Gavras, 1982| +
The Revenant |Inarritu, 2015| +
The Hateful Eight |Tarantino, 2015| +

+ Recommended

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm

SUmmer games done quick. I saw someone beat Castlevania in like 15 mins.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile YIM

Bandy Greensacks wrote:
Did you know you can 3D print a gun?

Yes I heard about this.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm

So soon well be able to download a car.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile YIM

BL wrote:
I just recently beat Super Mario Bros. and the Jaws video game for the NES, and I don't think you could overestimate the idiotic pride I'm feeling right now despite the fact that I rightfully should have accomplished these things as an adolescent.

Yes, 1988 was a pretty good year.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Yes, I like this one, although I mostly stick to the cheaper Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada options (in my local markets, at least).

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:01 am

About to take a nap at 6:30 so I can see a comedy show at 10:30. My sleep schedule is going to be fucked tomorrow.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:37 am

Sharp Objects, very serious.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:42 am

BL wrote:
I'm still ashamed to say that I ony ever "beat" SMB by using the various warps to the 8th world and combined that with emulator savestates, to boot :oops: I did at least beat Super Mario World thanks to the built-in save system, but I never beat Super Mario 3 in full, either. /bringingeternalshameuponmyfamily Never even played the Jaws game either, but I never really wanted to, due to certain (ahem) Nerds...

Ace wrote:
SUmmer games done quick. I saw someone beat Castlevania in like 15 mins.
Did you see that one guy absolutely destroy Sonic Adventure? Just amazing.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 am

Stu wrote:
I'm still ashamed to say that I ony ever "beat" SMB by using the various warps to the 8th world and combined that with emulator savestates, to boot :oops: I did at least beat Super Mario World thanks to the built-in save system, but I never beat Super Mario 3 in full, either. /bringingeternalshameuponmyfamily Never even played the Jaws game either, but I never really wanted to, due to certain (ahem) Nerds...
I have to note that I think the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews for the most part really suck. I don't think he actually likes NES games, nor do I think he understands the rules to which they adhere. He also doesn't seem to understand that LJN was a game publisher and not a developer. "OMG, this game requires me to repeat a specific task 20 times before I actually master it, therefore it sucks!" is one of his common complaints, which I don't at all support. He's basically the Nostalgia Critic of video games, a mugging-for-the-camera dolt without any specific knowledge who just got lucky in scoring early YouTube fame. Yes, NES games actually demand that you cultivate a skill at playing them, and that requires time and patience. The actual gameplay of the Jaws game can be very short or very long depending on how well you've mastered the tasks it involves. That's not a fault; it's a feature. Modern gameplay by and large bypasses frustration with in-game tutorials and on-screen button prompts, and I think it's all the worse for it.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 am

BL wrote:
I have to note that I think the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews for the most part really suck. I don't think he actually likes NES games, nor do I think he understands the rules to which they adhere. "OMG, this game requires me to repeat a specific task 20 times before I actually master it, therefore it sucks!" is one of his common complaints, which I don't at all support. He's basically the Nostalgia Critic of video games. Yes, NES games actually demand that you cultivate a skill at playing them, and that requires time and patience. The actual gameplay of the Jaws game can be very short or very long depending on how well you've mastered the tasks it involves. That's not a fault; it's a feature. Modern gameplay by and large bypasses frustration with in-game tutorials and on-screen button prompts, and I think it's all the worse for it.
I like Nostalgia Critic a lot too... :shifty: Anyway, I'm not as obsessed with AVGN as I used to be (now that I've seen basically every single episode he's ever done), and some of his older material does get a bit repetitive (especially his often juvenile sense of humor), but I still enjoy him in general, and think his latest stuff is quite good, especially his epic analysis of that ultimate cult classic, Earthbound:

:fresh:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 72647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1447, 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451, 1452, 1453  Next