It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1452, 1453, 1454, 1455, 1456, 1457, 1458 ... 1475  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

The YMCA Club 
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Kayden Kross wrote:
Kurt "Sam Crow" Sutter worked on The Shield. True story.

So it IS male power fantasy bullshit. Ugh Evil was right all along.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:24 am

Obscure wrote:
So it IS male power fantasy bullshit. Ugh Evil was right all along.

I'm always right about everything, even when I am wrong.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:31 am

Yeesh, that put the brakes on me watching that show. Just give me ten seasons of Narcos already. Anyone here watch Narcos S2? That was damn good content, S3 not so much

So Jose Whedon is going ham and that Buffy reboot sounds like an actual thing now. Word on the street is it takes place in the Buffy universe, features a new slayer, and yeah. I'm wary of it being called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", though SMG might very well be a part of the show.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 am

From what I read he's involved somewhat but he's not the showrunner. The other person is the showrunner. I forgot her name. She has some solid work under her. So it might an Agents of SHIELD situation where he just lends his name to get the show made.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:36 am
Profile YIM

I'm watching Narcos. I'm on episode 10 of season 1. I love this show. I'm thinking of watching El Chapo next.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:07 am

So, I've got the full set of tiki rums and attendant ingredients, the amaro collection is very solid by Canadian standards, so my next world to conquer is sipping bourbons. I've got 1792 single barrel at a fucking amazingly smooth 65%, Makers Mark 46 which I have moved out of cocktail rotation and will be replaced with some regular Makers Mark, and my precious Eagle Rare. I've got Jeffersons Ocean, Blantons single Barrel, and the Woodford Reserve double oak on the short list for a spot in the well. I've also got some underworld feelers out for Eagle Rare 17 cause its literally illegal to buy it. Also go fuck yourself if you mention the word Pappy
Suggestions?

I'm also planning to build out the Irish and get a token appearance from Japan in the whiskey collection.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am

Obscure! Nick from New Girl is Old Man Spider-Man in Spide-Man: Into the SPider-Verse.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 am
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:
So, I've got the full set of tiki rums and attendant ingredients, the amaro collection is very solid by Canadian standards, so my next world to conquer is sipping bourbons. I've got 1792 single barrel at a fucking amazingly smooth 65%, Makers Mark 46 which I have moved out of cocktail rotation and will be replaced with some regular Makers Mark, and my precious Eagle Rare. I've got Jeffersons Ocean, Blantons single Barrel, and the Woodford Reserve double oak on the short list for a spot in the well. I've also got some underworld feelers out for Eagle Rare 17 cause its literally illegal to buy it. Also go fuck yourself if you mention the word Pappy
Suggestions?

I'm also planning to build out the Irish and get a token appearance from Japan in the whiskey collection.
Given your Canadian impediment and the reality of Lord Dipshit's recent tariffs, I'd still say Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10-year bourbon is a crazy bargain if it's available to you. As a sipping whisky, it's pretty much an ideal representation of what bourbon should be.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:40 am

Underworld feelers? Like is there a whole black market for Alcohol?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:46 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
Obscure! Nick from New Girl is Old Man Spider-Man in Spide-Man: Into the SPider-Verse.

is Jess in it

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am

BL wrote:
Given your Canadian impediment and the reality of Lord Dipshit's recent tariffs, I'd still say Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10-year bourbon is a crazy bargain if it's available to you. As a sipping whisky, it's pretty much an ideal representation of what bourbon should be.

I honestly don't think I have ever seen that but I will keep an eye out.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:05 am

Ace wrote:
Underworld feelers? Like is there a whole black market for Alcohol?

Yeah, it can't legally be sold at like a liquor store here, but restaurants and bars can get it in, and I know a guy and maybe he could get it and then sell it to me. Its all very touch and go.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:06 am

I just imagine a guy with a trenchcoat full of alcohol. Evil is meeting him in a shady alley just to buy alcohol.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:16 am
Profile YIM

Evil Prevails wrote:

I honestly don't think I have ever seen that but I will keep an eye out.
It's part of the Heaven Hill portfolio, so if your local retailer supplies Evan Williams or Elijah Craig bourbons, they should have access to Henry McKenna. It's worth asking if you're a regular customer.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:18 am

There's an interesting docu-series on Netflix called Dark Tourist. They go to places around the globe you'd expect to find on Vice Network. Japan's largest suicide forest, Carlos Escobar neighborhood in Columbia. Stuff like that. Crazy, death obsessed people go on vacations and look out for this loony stuff to do. I don't know why. Personally I'd rather spend my vacation basking in the sun and smoking trees.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:31 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Suggestions?

For Irish I’d recommend keeping an eye out for Redbreast 12 year and Glendalough Double Barrell.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 am

Already rocking the Redbreast 12 year and very happy with it. Eyeing the Redbreast single cask, some Writers Tears (name alone!), and will add the Glendalough Double Barrel to the list.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Already rocking the Redbreast 12 year and very happy with it. Eyeing the Redbreast single cask, some Writers Tears (name alone!), and will add the Glendalough Double Barrel to the list.

I have a box of that.

Like, just the box.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 am

Obscure wrote:
I have a box of that.

Like, just the box.

Do you scream into it late at night and then seal it up and then open it and breathe it in in the morning?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Not the least bit surprised that you’re already one step ahead of me.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:56 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

Do you scream into it late at night and then seal it up and then open it and breathe it in in the morning?

Yes

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:19 am

Have you guys watched Who is America first 2 episodes? Holy fuck.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:22 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Have you guys watched Who is America first 2 episodes? Holy fuck.

I've seen clips. Holy fuck is right.

It's amazing he's still able to pull off that stuff.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:24 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Not the least bit surprised that you’re already one step ahead of me.

How about fancy Jameson, the caskmates and such, have you sampled? There's also an Irish called ... Yellowspot I believe, that I have heard good things.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:24 am

Obscure wrote:
I've seen clips. Holy fuck is right.

It's amazing he's still able to pull off that stuff.

It's on Crave! The town meeting in the second one was one of the greatest pieces of agitprop I have ever seen. I fully expect it to affect nothing.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am

You know what show is pretty okay? Stranger Things.

Ten dollars a month.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 am

Obscure wrote:
I've avoided it because it seems custom-built from components that are designed to piss me off. Child actors? Hate 'em. Eighties nostalgia? Fuck that shit. Stephen King homages? Total trash.

Given these parameters, I have no business watching this show, right? It's not for me. Just confirm my biases so I can move on.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:37 am

Evil Prevails wrote:

How about fancy Jameson, the caskmates and such, have you sampled? There's also an Irish called ... Yellowspot I believe, that I have heard good things.

I’ve got this petty vendetta against Jameson stemming from annoyance at white people during St. Patrick’s Day season treating it like it’s the only Irish whisky in existence since it’s the only one with a massive ad budget. Haven’t heard of Yellowspot before, it’s available in my state but I’m unsure if we have a working relationship with the distributor. When I’m going mid-range I’m quite fond of Bushmill Black and Paddy’s. The Irishman is REALLY good too.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:38 am

BL wrote:
I've avoided it because it seems custom-built from components that are designed to piss me off. Child actors? Hate 'em. Eighties nostalgia? Fuck that shit. Stephen King homages? Total trash.

Given these parameters, I have no business watching this show, right? It's not for me. Just confirm my biases so I can move on.

You can move on

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:38 am

Obscure wrote:

Ten dollars a month.

Watch G.L.O.W or American Vandal.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 am

BL wrote:

I don't like some of that but I still like it. I dunno. It's not like there's anything to else to watch on that thing.

Smoke Bomb wrote:

Watch G.L.O.W or American Vandal.

American Vandal fucks. I laughed nonstop at that show.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:46 am

One show I was very surprised by how much I liked even though I had no nostalgic affinity for it’s source material was Cobra Kai on YouTube Red.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:48 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:
One show I was very surprised by how much I liked even though I had no nostalgic affinity for it’s source material was Cobra Kai on YouTube Red.
That looks amusing, but YouTube Red just seems like the biggest scam. It's like one professionally produced show in the form of Cobra Kai and then a bunch of bullshit self-funded vanity projects from online "influencers," right?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:56 am

Streaming is a huge mistake. Where's Who is America on the shady sites! The internet is a huge mistake. At least I have my anime

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:06 am

BL wrote:
That looks amusing, but YouTube Red just seems like the biggest scam. It's like one professionally produced show in the form of Cobra Kai and then a bunch of bullshit self-funded vanity projects from online "influencers," right?

Apparently there’s one comedy made by Starburn Industries that’s supposed to be good, but I only used my free trial on Cobra Kai. One of my roommate pays for a subscription to use as a streaming platform for music and is content with it.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:09 am

#BringBackBlockbuster

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:09 am

Binge watch SOA until the Stephen Dorff True Detective starts.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:13 am

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation time. I'm banking on some serious content in that MI:Fallout

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 am

What did you think of Amber Lamps in the new Aquaman trailer, Evil?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Breaking Bad is a great show what the fuck is wrong with you people

Also The Shield finale is amazing

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Jules my screenplay got in the top 10% of Nicholl but didn't make the quarters, should I feel good or bad.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 pm

DrunkenJules wrote:
Breaking Bad is a great show what the fuck is wrong with you people

Also The Shield finale is amazing

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:55 am

Obscure wrote:
Jules my screenplay got in the top 10% of Nicholl but didn't make the quarters, should I feel good or bad.

Good. Boo! Stop being talented.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:52 am

Obscure wrote:

Dude, that's great.

I didn't even know what the fuck the nicholls was, lol.

Know of any other good places to send a screenplay other than Blacklist?

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:28 am

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Good. Boo! Stop being talented.

But... but... the blacklist said I sucked...

DrunkenJules wrote:

Dude, that's great.

I didn't even know what the fuck the nicholls was, lol.

Know of any other good places to send a screenplay other than Blacklist?

That's like the only contest everyone seems to agree is prestigious, since it's run by the Academy. Other than that I hear the Austin film festival has a pretty good competition.

Have you had anything more happen with the blacklist? I might try re-submitting at some point since I've rewritten quite a bit of my script.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:10 am

I added Suicide Squad to my Netflix que. So it's come to this.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:13 am

Obscure wrote:
I added Suicide Squad to my Netflix que. So it's come to this.
Oh dear

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am

Wild Wild Country is worth ten dollars.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Oh dear

TEN DOLLARS FOR THE SKWAD

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 am

I think the Forest City Film Fest has screenwriting competitions. But you might have to be from the ballsack to be part of it.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 73734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1452, 1453, 1454, 1455, 1456, 1457, 1458 ... 1475  Next