It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 73665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1470, 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474  Next
 The YMCA Club 

Which social thread has the worst group of people?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm
hamsterdam 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
m&m 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

 The YMCA Club 
Author Message
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Should I bother watching TD S1? The new season looks great, yet I thought that about the second season so um...

Also I would never let another poster drive me off a message board. Save for being banned I leave whenever the hell I want.

_________________
This Is My New Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)


Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:49 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Death Proof wrote:


What's Matchcut?
A nice little film discussion forum that I post on occasionally: http://matchcut.artboiled.com/forum.php?

Check it out!

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:55 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

MadMan wrote:
Should I bother watching TD S1? The new season looks great, yet I thought that about the second season so um...
The 1st season of True Detective? I'd say so; admittedly, it faltered at the end, with the next-to-last ep being mostly rote filler, and the finale really went off the deep end with the evil serial killer cliches, but up to those points, it was mostly really stylish, creepy Southern Gothic thrills, and well worth watching despite its flaws.

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Sorry I meant S2. I loved S1 of True Detective.

_________________
This Is My New Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)


Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:17 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Poor Man's Revolver

Loosely based/inspired, or so I think, on the scene with Tuco in the gun shop in The Good the Bad and the Ugly, it's a scene where our hero is without funds and must take the worst gun in the store after being shown the best.

Silverado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAO3eeRP84

And later in...

The Quick and the Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RdrYt1eFGk

I think Silverado did it better, although it probably wasn't the first by a long shot.

Did this one appear in any old Black and White westerns?


Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:56 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Shit is so fucked I'm this close to re-watch New Girl.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Alienist is pretty fun show about some depressing murders. Mute girl just pours on that lip gloss.


Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:20 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
Shit is so fucked I'm this close to re-watch New Girl.
Huh? What's up?

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Guys, I hit a new low. I'm thinking about creating a website.


Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Cool. You can put my podcast on there! :D
also Glow is cool.


Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 am
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
Guys, I hit a new low. I'm thinking about creating a website.

Do it.

_________________
This Is My New Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)


Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:20 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

MadMan wrote:
Do it.

Fine. www.tawneenewsomeispretty.com is a go.


Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:20 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

You should start a blog with all your New Girl thoughts. You can call it Trenchcoat's New Girl Thoughts Blog.


Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:43 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
You should start a blog with all your New Girl thoughts. You can call it Trenchcoat's New Girl Thoughts Blog.

But what would I post here? Maybe I could be all like "Scure, Tawnee Newsome is so talented and funny. She's tall too."


Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

First good website pending www.danielwastesyourtime.com


Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:57 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Anyone seen the trailer for Yorgos Lanthimos' The Favourite? That looks totally off the wall. Some great reviews out of Venice as well.


Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

One day, I'll be just like Robbie.


Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:45 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I'm watching a bit of Casablanca and wondering how Bogey could ever give up Ingrid Bergman. She can level me with her expressions


Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:02 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Joss Whedon wrote:
I'm watching a bit of Casablanca and wondering how Bogey could ever give up Ingrid Bergman.


it was for a good cause!


Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:21 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
One day, I'll be just like Robbie.

Is that because he's dating Jess.

Is that what you're saying.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Do you find Zoey Deschanel "sexy"?


Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:34 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I plead the sixth.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Shes just a bit asexual to me. The adorkability went too far.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I'll have to re-watch the show and see for myself.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I watched the first episode of Don't Trust the B in Apartment Whatever The Number Is.

It's no New girl.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:53 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

There's no such thing as too adorkability. Kate Macuci, all day, every day.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

The Guy in the Trenchcoat wrote:
There's no such thing as too adorkability.

My man


Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:16 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Image

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:51 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

This thread can tolerate a lot but not attacks on adorkability.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

OMG, there is a New Girl episode set in Solvang. My grandma lived there.


They did not film there.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:00 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I went to the Hollywood Bowl and saw John Williams live. Steven Spielberg showed up there. Great time was had.


Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Ace wrote:
I went to the Hollywood Bowl and saw John Williams live. Steven Spielberg showed up there. Great time was had.
Sounds fun; what was the setlist like, out of curiosity?

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Stu, have you heard Humanotone?

_________________
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov


Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Stu wrote:
Sounds fun; what was the setlist like, out of curiosity?

Off the top of my head. David Newman came out
and the National Anthem played.

David Newman conducting
Olympic Fanfare and Theme
(with film of Olympic highlights)
Play Video
The Cave Sequence
(from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with film)
Play Video
A New Beginning
(from "Minority Report")
Play Video
Flight to Neverland
(from "Hook" with film)
Play Video
For New York (To Lenny! To Lenny!)
Play Video
Overture from "West Side Story"
(Leonard Bernstein cover) (with film)
Play Video
Suite from "On The Waterfront"
(Leonard Bernstein cover)
Play Video
John Williams conducting
The Raiders March
(from "Raiders of the Lost Ark")
Play Video
With Malice Toward None
(from "Lincoln" and introduced by Steven Spielberg)
Play Video
The Circus Train Chase
(from "Indiana Jones and the… more )
Play Video
The Duel
(from "The Adventures of… more )
Play Video
Theme From Schindler’s List
(introduced by Steven Spielberg)
Play Video
Finale from E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
(with film and introduced by Steven Spielberg)
Play Video
Encore:
The Rebellion Is Reborn
(from "Star Wars: The Last Jedi")
Play Video
Star Wars: Main Title
(from "Star Wars: A New Hope")
Play Video
The Imperial March
(from "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back")

And ending with a fucking standing ovation.


Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:20 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I don't get Don't Trust the B. New Girl this is not.


Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:35 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Stu, have you heard Humanotone?
You mean this thing? No, and I've never even heard of 'em, and judging from the fact that no one at all has reviewed that record yet on Metallum, neither has anyone besides you :D I'm kidding, of course; what do they sound like, anyway?

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:13 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Stu wrote:
You mean this thing? No, and I've never even heard of 'em, and judging from the fact that no one at all has reviewed that record yet on Metallum, neither has anyone besides you :D I'm kidding, of course; what do they sound like, anyway?

Sort of like Kyuss. One Chilean guy doing stoner metal. He plays everything on the album.


_________________
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov


Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Mayans MC is out. Jax makes a cameo as a blonde dog.
Edit: As a blonde GREASY dog.


Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:45 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
I watched the first episode of Don't Trust the B in Apartment Whatever The Number Is.

It's no New girl.

I tried watching that show, and while I laughed at it I never bothered to finish watching the whole thing.

_________________
This Is My New Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)


Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Despite my opinion of Titanic, I still think Kate Winslet gives a tremendous performance


Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

MadMan wrote:
I tried watching that show, and while I laughed at it I never bothered to finish watching the whole thing.

It's very sitcomy.


Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
Sort of like Kyuss. One Chilean guy doing stoner metal. He plays everything on the album.

Hey, that's pretty good stuff; I'll have to add that record to my Spotify library now, thanks! How'd you find out about this guy, anyway? He seems pretty obscure (and not in the Obscure Allusion To way, either). Anyway, that reminds me of the next big thread project I've tentatively begun work on, something I'll call The Golden Age Of Metal, focusing on some of the best/most influential records the overall Metal community was putting out from the mid-80's to the mid-90's (specifically, the decade-long stretch from '84 to '94), when we saw so many new subgenres of metal being created by building on 70's metal/NWoBHM, in turn influencing so much metal that's came after, including the peaks of the biggest styles of the genre, like thrash, death, and black metal. Does that sound interesting to you?

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:11 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Stu wrote:
Hey, that's pretty good stuff; I'll have to add that record to my Spotify library now, thanks! How'd you find out about this guy, anyway? He seems pretty obscure (and not in the Obscure Allusion To way, either). Anyway, that reminds me of the next big thread project I've tentatively begun work on, something I'll call The Golden Age Of Metal, focusing on some of the best/most influential records the overall Metal community was putting out from the mid-80's to the mid-90's (specifically, the decade-long stretch from '84 to '94), when we saw so many new subgenres of metal being created by building on 70's metal/NWoBHM, in turn influencing so much metal that's came after, including the peaks of the biggest styles of the genre, like thrash, death, and black metal. Does that sound interesting to you?

I am not Genie but that sounds interesting to me.

_________________
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm


Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I don't recall exactly how I found him, but I'm sure I was on a sludge metal binge that night.

And yes.

_________________
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov


Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

I wanted to start a question about the next Avengers movie.
Who do think comes back in Avengers: Infinity War 2?


Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:05 am
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Joss Whedon wrote:
I wanted to start a question about the next Avengers movie.
Who do think comes back in Avengers: Infinity War 2?


Well, there's the obvious

You have to bring back the main characters of megabuck franchises, so there is NO way that Spiderman or Black Panther stays dead. If they come back, it stands to reason the everyone leaves after the snap comes back. Before that, the most likely return is Gamora for the GotG crew. It's possible that even Loki comes back per some speculation. My bet is that Loki stays dead.


Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:46 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Melvin Butterworth wrote:

Well, there's the obvious

You have to bring back the main characters of megabuck franchises, so there is NO way that Spiderman or Black Panther stays dead. If they come back, it stands to reason the everyone leaves after the snap comes back. Before that, the most likely return is Gamora for the GotG crew. It's possible that even Loki comes back per some speculation. My bet is that Loki stays dead.

I'm agreeing with that. Loki is likely gone. It makes me sad, he was a good foil for Thor


Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Trenchcoat I'm doing it. The full re-watch.

Here we gooooo


Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:
I don't recall exactly how I found him, but I'm sure I was on a sludge metal binge that night.

And yes.
Hurray! I assume you're enjoying the New Hollywood thread so far, as well? :)
Joss Whedon wrote:
I wanted to start a question about the next Avengers movie.
Who do think comes back in Avengers: Infinity War 2?
Chris Evans's Captain America is a good bet for permadeath, since he's supposed to end his contract with Marvel soon anyway.

_________________
Recently Reviewed


Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:34 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: The YMCA Club

Obscure wrote:
Trenchcoat I'm doing it. The full re-watch.

Here we gooooo

I did it first. I'm the cool kid. Also, the final season isn't on Netflix apparently.


Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1470, 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Torgo and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.