It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 7108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143
 The Crew - If you think you're part of it, then you are. 
Post Re: The Crew - If you think you're part of it, then you are.

Ace wrote:
We recorded another episode. If you can take some time to listen and give us some thoughts.
https://soundcloud.com/user-327677431/episode-2

I'll try to give it a listen this week. No promise, though (sadly).

"The wealthy and powerful always remind us that cream rises to the top.
What they fail to acknowledge is that pond scum also rises to the top.
And there is a lot more pond scum in the world than there is cream.
If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:13 am

Gort wrote:
I'll try to give it a listen this week. No promise, though (sadly).

Cool. All I can ask for.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:48 am
Profile YIM

Ready Player One (2018) is a lot better than I expected it to be, as a story, that is.

Just as P.D.Q. Bach routines and musical pieces are funnier the more you know about classical music, RP1 is probably even better the more you know about pop culture and classic electronic games. In other words, my sons would find it to be even more interesting than I did.

I don't regret a dime of what it cost me. The 3D version isn't terribly 3D, but it's nice. The 4K version, which I sampled to be sure the disc would play throughout looks very nice. Man, if you set the audio to 0 dB, the soundtrack is wonderful, too.

See it if you can, if you haven't. ;)

If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 am

Yeah the audio was insane in the first race scene in theaters. I can imagine it being just as good at home.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile YIM

Epistemophobia wrote:
You'll have to try and get your other members to join. :P

How did i do?

The Future Unreels

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Well, here's why I'm posting this: In March 2010 I left RT forums because the troll situation there had gotten to me. Someone at RT made me aware that The Corrierino forums were new, and wanted posters. So I came here. Naturally, my continued presence here was always contingent on no trolls showing up.

For years there basically weren't any trolls (at least not of that low calibre) here at the Corrie. Certainly no troll ever attacked me here.

Recently I engaged in what I thought was a conversation with someone who I assumed was a correspondent. Instead, it turned out that I had become the target of an internet troll. This creature wanted no discussion, after all. It only wanted to prove false every point I made. So I let it have the final say.

Somewhere earlier in 2018 I read a post that lamented (or perhaps merely noted) that some people who had come over from RT were trolls. But until this week I had never noticed any of them. They are here! If you find them amusing, then enjoy their presence.

No one makes me come to this website and read or write. I have been coming here for enjoyment for 8 years. But I don't need anything going on in a place where I come for sheer enjoyment that even approaches the rudeness and inanity of trolling.

I don't hang out where trolls do. I find them too irritating for me to be around, even virtually. I have enough real problems to deal with in real life as the caregiver to an aging parent.

Just as my career in audio-visual production eventually came to an end after almost 500 titles (by my own choice), now my time as a forum poster concludes.

This is my final post as YTMN and as Gort in this forum. And it represents the end of my forum posting career!

I will not be lurking, so I bid my final farewells to those who post here, including the trolls, but I won't miss the trolls.

I will miss reading what most of you have to write in these threads. To those many people who I will miss, I wish you a good life.

The Future Unreels

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Who was the troll? Tell us so we can string him up by his stubby legs.
And sorry you're leaving Gort. I always enjoyed your thread. :(

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:49 am
Profile YIM

I don't have much to add here besides saying that I certainly don't think Jinnistan was trolling you in the New Hollywood thread (at worst, it was a relatively "aggressive" but still valid course of discussion he was trying to hold), and it certainly doesn't merit leaving this forum entirely as a result, so please don't go because of this, Gort.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 7108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143