It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Izzy's Black Hole 
Post Re: Izzy's Black Hole

Immaculate wrote:
Someone -- perhaps, though probably not typical lay forum readers. Well done.

Thanks! Thoughts on Viola?

See my latest blog entry: Run the Jewels’ “Close Your Eyes” and Police Brutality

По́мните Катю...

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 am

Izzy Black wrote:
Thanks! Thoughts on Viola?

Positive! I'll give it another go sometime in the near future (provided this statement isn't merely an empty promise), as the audio/video on my rip got all sorts of out of sync near the end. That said, I felt that the film integrated its themes -- which were subtly numerous -- in a way that was at once seemingly effortless and effortlessly seamless, expanding upon and diverging from what came before in a rather unique and ariel and amicable manner. I even quite enjoyed the repetitive rehearsal/seduction scene, which some claim as plodding, I guess, based on the intonational shades in the actresses' delivery and what I understood from it regarding the overlap in one's personal lives and their performances in both theater and film.

House of Tolerance (Bonello, 2011)
Tangerine (Baker, 2015)
Snake Eyes (De Palma, 1998)

Reviewed

L'avventuraLa Dolce VitaMy Darling ClementineMaster of the HouseBreaking the WavesPersona

Prereviewed

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Immaculate wrote:
Positive! I'll give it another go sometime in the near future (provided this statement isn't merely an empty promise), as the audio/video on my rip got all sorts of out of sync near the end. That said, I felt that the film integrated its themes -- which were subtly numerous -- in a way that was at once seemingly effortless and effortlessly seamless, expanding upon and diverging from what came before in a rather unique and ariel and amicable manner. I even quite enjoyed the repetitive rehearsal/seduction scene, which some claim as plodding, I guess, based on the intonational shades in the actresses' delivery and what I understood from it regarding the overlap in one's personal lives and their performances in both theater and film.

:up:

See my latest blog entry: Run the Jewels’ “Close Your Eyes” and Police Brutality

По́мните Катю...

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:09 am

Good thread.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9