It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 The Random Thoughts Thread 
Post Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Torgo wrote:
A Behind the Music documentary about Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.

Behind the Music Voice-over Guy: "The story of a band who had it all...until an addiction to Death Sticks brought it all crashing down..."

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:49 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Behind the Music Voice-over Guy: "The story of a band who had it all...until an addiction to Death Sticks brought it all crashing down..."

Elan Sleazebaggano in a dark room with a very deep voice: "Figrin had a problem. A huge problem. When I found out they were reduced to gigs on Mos Eisley, I cried. I cried so hard."

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 pm

Try and watch this video without cringing.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:29 pm

from what I recall of my teenage years I was a bit of a prick and there are plenty of stuff I still feel guilty about. but at least I wasn't that guy so maybe I feel a bit better about my teenage self.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:09 am

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:

from what I recall of my teenage years I was a bit of a prick and there are plenty of stuff I still feel guilty about. but at least I wasn't that guy so maybe I feel a bit better about my teenage self.
When I was younger (meaning 16) and didn't know any better, I was a young Republican due to my overall social conservatism, as I was kind of a Christian fundamentalist at the time (at least, moreso than I am now), but I definitely grew out of that phase, so here's hoping the same thing happens to that little twerp there, eh?

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 am

Stu wrote:
When I was younger (meaning 16) and didn't know any better, I was a young Republican due to my overall social conservatism, as I was kind of a Christian fundamentalist at the time (at least, moreso than I am now), but I definitely grew out of that phase, so here's hoping the same thing happens to that little twerp there, eh?

I was a Republican in my early years as well mainly because my parents were, and I pretty much just believed what they believed. However, as I started to grow up, I realized that my opinions aligned more with Democratic views. This also applies with religion as I was a Christian simply because my parents were. However, I haven't been really firm on a particular religion for quite some time.

As for the kid from the video, he still posts videos today. I haven't watched his recent videos, so I don't if he's still as idiotic as he was in that video, but I do know that he's still a Republican.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:53 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
I was a Republican in my early years as well mainly because my parents were, and I pretty much just believed what they believed. However, as I started to grow up, I realized that my opinions aligned more with Democratic views. This also applies with religion as I was a Christian simply because my parents were. However, I haven't been really firm on a particular religion for quite some time.

As for the kid from the video, he still posts videos today. I haven't watched his recent videos, so I don't if he's still as idiotic as he was in that video, but I do know that he's still a Republican.
Fortunately, according to the polls, millenial membership in the Republican party is quite low at the moment (and understandably so), but their enthusiasm for the Democratic party on the whole is dropping quite sharply as well, so I'm happy that they're not just settling for the first neo-liberal politician on that side that just "isn't Trump". Now, if only the actual overall party would change faster to represent the people for once, already...

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 am

I imagine coming of age during the Iraq War, ascension of Fox News, '08 financial crisis, Sarah Palin, and the Tea Party helped determine my future political leanings. though I dunno if that's good to have one's thoughts defined by the negative (i.e. what you oppose) than the positive (i.e. what you support).

because there have been plenty of times these last few years where I can almost feel my head ossifying in real-time.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4