It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 The Random Thoughts Thread 
Post Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Torgo wrote:
A Behind the Music documentary about Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.

Behind the Music Voice-over Guy: "The story of a band who had it all...until an addiction to Death Sticks brought it all crashing down..."

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:49 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Behind the Music Voice-over Guy: "The story of a band who had it all...until an addiction to Death Sticks brought it all crashing down..."

Elan Sleazebaggano in a dark room with a very deep voice: "Figrin had a problem. A huge problem. When I found out they were reduced to gigs on Mos Eisley, I cried. I cried so hard."

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 pm

Try and watch this video without cringing.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:29 pm

from what I recall of my teenage years I was a bit of a prick and there are plenty of stuff I still feel guilty about. but at least I wasn't that guy so maybe I feel a bit better about my teenage self.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:09 am

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:

from what I recall of my teenage years I was a bit of a prick and there are plenty of stuff I still feel guilty about. but at least I wasn't that guy so maybe I feel a bit better about my teenage self.
When I was younger (meaning 16) and didn't know any better, I was a young Republican due to my overall social conservatism, as I was kind of a Christian fundamentalist at the time (at least, moreso than I am now), but I definitely grew out of that phase, so here's hoping the same thing happens to that little twerp there, eh?

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 am

Stu wrote:
When I was younger (meaning 16) and didn't know any better, I was a young Republican due to my overall social conservatism, as I was kind of a Christian fundamentalist at the time (at least, moreso than I am now), but I definitely grew out of that phase, so here's hoping the same thing happens to that little twerp there, eh?

I was a Republican in my early years as well mainly because my parents were, and I pretty much just believed what they believed. However, as I started to grow up, I realized that my opinions aligned more with Democratic views. This also applies with religion as I was a Christian simply because my parents were. However, I haven't been really firm on a particular religion for quite some time.

As for the kid from the video, he still posts videos today. I haven't watched his recent videos, so I don't if he's still as idiotic as he was in that video, but I do know that he's still a Republican.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:53 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
I was a Republican in my early years as well mainly because my parents were, and I pretty much just believed what they believed. However, as I started to grow up, I realized that my opinions aligned more with Democratic views. This also applies with religion as I was a Christian simply because my parents were. However, I haven't been really firm on a particular religion for quite some time.

As for the kid from the video, he still posts videos today. I haven't watched his recent videos, so I don't if he's still as idiotic as he was in that video, but I do know that he's still a Republican.
Fortunately, according to the polls, millenial membership in the Republican party is quite low at the moment (and understandably so), but their enthusiasm for the Democratic party on the whole is dropping quite sharply as well, so I'm happy that they're not just settling for the first neo-liberal politician on that side that just "isn't Trump". Now, if only the actual overall party would change faster to represent the people for once, already...

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 am

I imagine coming of age during the Iraq War, ascension of Fox News, '08 financial crisis, Sarah Palin, and the Tea Party helped determine my future political leanings. though I dunno if that's good to have one's thoughts defined by the negative (i.e. what you oppose) than the positive (i.e. what you support).

because there have been plenty of times these last few years where I can almost feel my head ossifying in real-time.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:45 pm

I just hate it whenever someone posts "R.I.P. (this person)" and people react with "I'm sorry, who?" or "Never heard of him/her". I mean, you're already online, Google is free, show some fucking decency and look it up yourself.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

I think it's worse for people to focus more on people after they're dead than when they're alive, and then double-down on their disregard for the individual as a living person deserving of decency by resorting to hackneyed statements that are further abbreviated, because apparently it's too difficult to write, "Rest in Peace" or, good heavens, think of something original that the person to be honored with is deserving of.

I would much prefer any one death to be a reminder to celebrate someone living, and in that way perhaps each person will be celebrated and acknowledged when they're alive instead of when they're dead. Think to yourself, if you've ever felt out-of-the-loop or lonely: Why is it that the only time in your life that your friends will all get together is when you die, or perhaps when you get married, but only the first time? The culture of celebrating people after they die is the ultimate celebration of procrastination.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 am

are you talking about mourning people we know in real life or famous people?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

Have currently started work in earnest on an epic new thread about the history of the New Hollywood movement...

:oops:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:35 am

Stu wrote:
Have currently started work in earnest on an epic new thread about the history of the New Hollywood movement...

I can dig it.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:
It must be famous people. Nothing else comes close to a personal loss...duh

As far as famous people, the one I recall the most is Frank Zappa. He was my musical icon and was absolutely crushed by his death.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Stu wrote:

Looks really good so far.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:18 am

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:

John Dumbear wrote:
It must be famous people. Nothing else comes close to a personal loss...duh

yeah ignore my question, I think I misread LEAVES's post

Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Looks really good so far.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Crypt TV. I've only heard of and been subscribed to their channel for about a month, but they're quickly becoming one of my favorite youtube channels. Basically, they produce about 3 short horror films every week. While this method can often lead to quantity over quality, I feel like most of what they do is really good to great. I feel like they have a bit of everything for all horror fans. I'll link a few of my favorite videos they've done.

SHI
One Please
Turned
DO NOT
Kinderfänger
Also, here's my favorite series they did: Look-See

I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say about them.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:46 pm

After 22 years I am stepping back into the wrestling ring. Going to try to squeeze a couple of decent matches out of this old, worn out body. Hoping maybe around November to do a match if all goes well.

I did some training with the guys 2 weeks ago and everything hurt for a week.

I need stronger drugs.

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Death Proof wrote:
After 22 years I am stepping back into the wrestling ring. Going to try to squeeze a couple of decent matches out of this old, worn out body. Hoping maybe around November to do a match if all goes well.

I did some training with the guys 2 weeks ago and everything hurt for a week.

I need stronger drugs.
Best of luck! Don't get hurt too badly.
There's a movie that could be made about that...possibly starring Mickey Rourke.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 pm

Torgo wrote:
Best of luck! Don't get hurt too badly.
There's a movie that could be made about that...possibly starring Mickey Rourke.

Thanks - if I can make it out there with no sprains, breaks or concussions I'll be happy.

I actually wrote a screenplay a couple of months ago inspired by my character, although it was as if he'd been working for a large (WWE-sized) federation for a long time. It's sort of the opposite of The Wrestler, in that his life is changing, but it's for the positive. I really need to sit down and edit it... I sent it to a friend in Hollywood who liked it, but said it needed some work on the structure.

So... keeping busy. Mentally and physically.

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:38 am

So I've finally bought myself a blu-ray player, and a tv to go with it.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:01 am
Profile WWW

What is everyone's experience with Fathom Events?
We went to Rifftrax Live's Krull show last night and the satellite feed went down. It came back for about ten minutes, but then it went down again. Thankfully, we got a refund. According to Twitter, theaters across the U.S. had the same problem. A friend of ours had a similar experience with a Fathom Events screening she went to last Tuesday.
The only Fathom screenings I've gone to regularly are for RiffTrax Live, and until last night, I haven't had any problems. Hopefully, these are just freak occurrences.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4