It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
 Horrorcram XV: Let's Scare Corrierino To Death 
Post Re: Horrorcram XV: Let's Scare Corrierino To Death

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
All but the first are no longer cannon.

I watched it and enjoyed it, although it was strange knowing she was in part 8 with busta rhymes :P

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Captain Terror wrote:
Calling Death Proof:

Gettin' Boggy With It

Pamula Pierce Barcelou has gained copyright to one of her father Charles B. Pierce's most beloved films, "The Legend of Boggy Creek," and is having the movie restored for a future re-release, she said.
"The Legend of Boggy Creek" is being restored at the George Eastman Museum in New York and, for the first time since it was released, the movie will be appear as it did during its theatrical release, unlike bootleg versions out there now, Barcelou said.

"We have a clean, clear beautiful print that is being remastered," Barcelou said, noting various elements have been brought together to make the restored version, including negatives from a Technicolor office in Burbank, Calif.

Barecelou said she aims to release "Boggy Creek" on Blu-ray and also bring it back to movie theaters after working on the sound.

OH HELL YESSSSSSS.

^Following up on this post from a few months ago^

Some footage has been released from the most important restoration project since the Sistine Chapel:

First Look at ‘The Legend of Boggy Creek’ 4K Restoration

But seriously - Finally getting a widescreen version is exciting enough but the restoration looks really nice. How excited am I? Let's just say I Mapquested the distance from my house to Texarkana (6 hours). Don't be surprised if I post some photos from the premiere in June. :)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 am

Captain Terror wrote:

^Following up on this post from a few months ago^

Some footage has been released from the most important restoration project since the Sistine Chapel:

First Look at ‘The Legend of Boggy Creek’ 4K Restoration

But seriously - Finally getting a widescreen version is exciting enough but the restoration looks really nice. How excited am I? Let's just say I Mapquested the distance from my house to Texarkana (6 hours). Don't be surprised if I post some photos from the premiere in June. :)

I love Boggy Creek. A 4k Restoration is going to be awesome! First time I've heard about it!

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:48 am

Death Proof wrote:

I love Boggy Creek. A 4k Restoration is going to be awesome! First time I've heard about it!

All of the previous home releases I've seen (and I've seen A LOT) have been so cruddy that part of me wondered if a pristine print would lose some of it's "ambience". But that footage looks pretty sweet so I'm stoked. Years ago I found a bootleg that was in widescreen, but the quality was 480p at best, and probably more like 240p, so I've only watched it maybe twice. I was starting to think we'd never see a clean version and even wondered if the negatives were lost or something.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:00 am

Rumpled wrote:

I watched it and enjoyed it, although it was strange knowing she was in part 8 with busta rhymes :P

That did not happen.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:33 pm

Overlord is gory fun. I am glad I saw it before it left my area.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Wooley wrote:
That did not happen.

:P

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:45 am

Have any of you watched this Film Theory video on a different way to interpret The Descent?

I'm intrigued by the points about
Sarah's scream transforming into a creature scream when heard by the others, and the candles on the cake

I also appreciate, as one place wrote, that this is the kind of theory where you can still enjoy the surface narrative of the film whether or not you buy into the theory.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:19 am

Hadn't seen that before!

I don't quite buy into that theory, mostly because
I remember a couple of scenes involving crawlers threatening the other women that don't involve Sarah. You could argue those scenes suggest a contagious psychosis among the women, or they may be scenes imagined by Sarah (in the same way she later imagines escaping the cave). In general, though, I think the uncanny/fantastic tension in the film, such as it is, is more texture (to point up the film's value as a metaphor) than something meant to genuinely make us question the film's level of reality. I don't think the movie's gunning for The Innocents is it? / isn't it? mystery.

The catch with the candles is great, though, I hadn't noticed that before. Always admire people who can watch movies with soft eyes.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm

DaMU wrote:
Hadn't seen that before!

I don't quite buy into that theory, mostly because
I remember a couple of scenes involving crawlers threatening the other women that don't involve Sarah. You could argue those scenes suggest a contagious psychosis among the women, or they may be scenes imagined by Sarah (in the same way she later imagines escaping the cave). In general, though, I think the uncanny/fantastic tension in the film, such as it is, is more texture (to point up the film's value as a metaphor) than something meant to genuinely make us question the film's level of reality. I don't think the movie's gunning for The Innocents is it? / isn't it? mystery.

The catch with the candles is great, though, I hadn't noticed that before. Always admire people who can watch movies with soft eyes.

I'd have to rewatch it because it's been a while. I felt like the idea of
the different women representing different aspects of Sarah's personality was a bridge too far for me, because then it's ALL in her head.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am

Mandy is batshit insane and beyond stunning. What a film.

The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50