It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom 
Author Message
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

As a callback to my original RT thread, I remember a few posters (who I believe may have landed here) showed interest in seeing the Filipino fantasy disaster know as The Stone Boy, which I briefly talked about. It was essentially impossible to find online at that time, but it just popped up on You Tube a few weeks ago. There is a bunch of shit in the first nine and a half minutes of this video that probably wouldn't be of interest to anyone, just a bunch of inside joke videos and trailers made by the guys who were screening it, but it is still online for anyone who still cares to catch it. For the uninitiated, t doesn't have the greatest opening stretch, but it definitely picks up as it goes along.

https://youtu.be/2AiIq8NY4Ao

Image


Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:
Image

For a low budget 60's sci-fi film, this turned out to be a surprisingly creepy movie. I'd give it an 8/10, but the fact that this is also what I gave Chosen Survivors, I feel that maybe I ruined that particular score forever.


I love these things. I can watch 50s and 60s sci-fi-fi all day.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Jinnistan wrote:
Just did my monthly hunt through Amazon Prime for titles, and I am confident that I will be unable to convince anyone else to watch some of them with me, leading to the lonely inevitability of mentioning them here. A couple of them are ones I saw long eons past, but some will be virgin territory.

Time Barbarians - Looks like utter Beastmaster bullshit. So hard.

The Iron Super Man - Chinese giant robot movie that predates Ultraman.

Galaxina - Probably better than Caveman although I saw them around the same time.

Ator, The Fighting Eagle - My neighbors will feel the Earth tremble under this nut.

Phoenix, The Warrior - Kinda like Ator but post-apocalyptic and starring Ilia from Star Trek in the lead. Also known as " She-Wolves of the Wasteland".

Also got something called Sigaw (The Echo), The Garden (54 minute horror film), something called Amethyst, and a film of Takashi Miike's stage production Demon Pond. I also saw something with Ernest Borgnine holding nunchucks. Society can kiss this ass.


I'll watch Ator with you if you'll watch 1990: The Bronx Warriors with me.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:43 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

John Dumbear wrote:


That's like saying burning the roof of your mouth is better than burning diarrhea. The saving grace is that both had hotties (Barbara Bach & Dorothy Stratton)


I like Caveman. I really do.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:
As a callback to my original RT thread, I remember a few posters (who I believe may have landed here) showed interest in seeing the Filipino fantasy disaster know as The Stone Boy, which I briefly talked about. It was essentially impossible to find online at that time, but it just popped up on You Tube a few weeks ago. There is a bunch of shit in the first nine and a half minutes of this video that probably wouldn't be of interest to anyone, just a bunch of inside joke videos and trailers made by the guys who were screening it, but it is still online for anyone who still cares to catch it. For the uninitiated, t doesn't have the greatest opening stretch, but it definitely picks up as it goes along.

https://youtu.be/2AiIq8NY4Ao

Image


I don't remember the original discussion, but that box cover has everything I want in life.

_________________
Captain's Log


Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:54 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Wooley wrote:
I'll watch Ator with you if you'll watch 1990: The Bronx Warriors with me.


I literally watched that last night.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Wooley wrote:
I'll watch Ator with you if you'll watch 1990: The Bronx Warriors with me.

Sure!

For the record, I have seen Ator, one of those early 80s matinees I would frequent. Small child in an empty afternoon theater. One of my favorite environs. I don't remember the film. I trust it sucks.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

John Dumbear wrote:
Never seen it, but will keep an eye out for it. Is it fun gory mashup, humorous ala "Slither"?


If you go into it expecting that kind of movie, you'd likely be disappointed. Slither was a much more self aware movie, where this one not so much. It's deliberately campy, but it's also not so deliberately crappy, with characters saying tone deaf dialogue, acting in ways that people don't behave, badly scored throughout and nonsensical plot. It's slug involved set pieces though work pretty well, regardless of their low production values and modest amateurism. It's a decent 'so bad it's good' kinda movie.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:08 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Thief wrote:
This thread is food for my queue!


:up:


Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:09 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Captain Terror wrote:
I don't remember the original discussion, but that box cover has everything I want in life.


Not so much discussion, as me just littering my thread with amazing gifs that I found from it. If I recall, you similarly said that this was the kind of movie that you live for upon seeing those beautiful gifs. Be forewarned though, at least a third of the film is really really terrible in a not good way. This seems to be fairly standard for really hilariously bad Filipino B Movies like this. You need to be patient.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:11 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Wooley wrote:
I love these things. I can watch 50s and 60s sci-fi-fi all day.


If so, I'd highly recommend this one. I thought it was legitimately pretty great. Plus it's only like an hour long, so what would you have to lose?


Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:12 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:

Not so much discussion, as me just littering my thread with amazing gifs that I found from it. If I recall, you similarly said that this was the kind of movie that you live for upon seeing those beautiful gifs. Be forewarned though, at least a third of the film is really really terrible in a not good way. This seems to be fairly standard for really hilariously bad Filipino B Movies like this. You need to be patient.


Image

OH Yes, I remember now! Sweet. :D

_________________
Captain's Log


Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Jinnistan wrote:
Sure!

For the record, I have seen Ator, one of those early 80s matinees I would frequent. Small child in an empty afternoon theater. One of my favorite environs. I don't remember the film. I trust it sucks.


I watched Ator when it was out back then and wrote a (glowing, I imagine) review of it for my 5th(?) grade "newspaper." The '80s were the best.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:13 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

kgaard wrote:
I watched Ator when it was out back then and wrote a (glowing, I imagine) review of it for my 5th(?) grade "newspaper." The '80s were the best.

I wrote a stern letter of disdain to Starlog.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Thank you for this rare stone child, crumbs. Let me see if this site has an embed function to help the presentation.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AiIq8NY4Ao[/youtube]

edit: the answer is that I cannot. :roll:


Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Just remove everything from the URL up through the "=" Jinn, like so:


_________________
Letterboxd|Facebook


Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Stu wrote:
Just remove everything from the URL up through the "=" Jinn, like so:

Ah, thanks.

This function could also help if we decide to simul-watch something in the future.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Image


Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Crumbs? Rooms? Solitude... Reminds me of home.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:40 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Image

This slice of kamen collision is still odd to pinpoint. The Giant Robot films are generally considered Japanese, and this film has some Japanes elements, but appears to be mostly a Hong Kong/Taiwan production. Odder still, it is listed as being Mandarin language (my ear can't tell), which would make it even more convoluted given those politics. I was thinking that maybe I was watching a Mandarin-dubbed Japanese film, but that doesn't appear to be the case (although I don't rule out that much of the robot footage may have been appropriated from another, likely Japanese, film).

In any case, the film is a lot of fun for these kinds of things. Colorful and kinetic and full of ridiculousness. There's much worse ways to spend 90 minutes.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Also, I saw Zulawski's Fidelity, since I couldn't make the field trip.

I don't think I liked it. It seemed very good for the first half hour or so, setting up his signature "impossible woman" with his signature "spastic surrogate" in the form of Pascal Greggory. I felt like I was easing into a complex, mature sexual drama.

I'm not sure whether or not I dislike Guillaume Canet because he happens to be the bootlegy-est of Bobby De Niros or whether much of his acting work is shouldered on soundtrack decisions (piano-invoked working class charm; metal guitar-invoked rebel danger), but all I know is that the film starting sinking pretty much the moment he shows up. Which is a shame because Sophie Marceau has rarely been better. And Greggory gets a lot of points for, again, surrogating some of the more signature Zulawski scenes of lunacy and hysteria in the final turn. At least someone gets to Heinrich-out in this thing.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Jinnistan wrote:
Image

This slice of kamen collision is still odd to pinpoint. The Giant Robot films are generally considered Japanese, and this film has some Japanes elements, but appears to be mostly a Hong Kong/Taiwan production. Odder still, it is listed as being Mandarin language (my ear can't tell), which would make it even more convoluted given those politics. I was thinking that maybe I was watching a Mandarin-dubbed Japanese film, but that doesn't appear to be the case (although I don't rule out that much of the robot footage may have been appropriated from another, likely Japanese, film).

In any case, the film is a lot of fun for these kinds of things. Colorful and kinetic and full of ridiculousness. There's much worse ways to spend 90 minutes.


Outside of maybe half a dozen Godzilla films, my knowledge of these kinds of movies is a pretty big black hole. I really should start getting obsessive about them at some point. I'm sure there is more than enough for them to offer my particular sensibilities.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Jinnistan wrote:
Also, I saw Zulawski's Fidelity, since I couldn't make the field trip.

I don't think I liked it. It seemed very good for the first half hour or so, setting up his signature "impossible woman" with his signature "spastic surrogate" in the form of Pascal Greggory. I felt like I was easing into a complex, mature sexual drama.

I'm not sure whether or not I dislike Guillaume Canet because he happens to be the bootlegy-est of Bobby De Niros or whether much of his acting work is shouldered on soundtrack decisions (piano-invoked working class charm; metal guitar-invoked rebel danger), but all I know is that the film starting sinking pretty much the moment he shows up. Which is a shame because Sophie Marceau has rarely been better. And Greggory gets a lot of points for, again, surrogating some of the more signature Zulawski scenes of lunacy and hysteria in the final turn. At least someone gets to Heinrich-out in this thing.


As with virtually any movie I watched in 2016, my memories of it are almost non existent. I remember my feelings being somewhat opposite to yours, finding the first half to be rather uninvolving, and then there being something that made me really dig it in the last hour or so. What that 'thing' was I have no idea though since stocking your apartment with primo scotch and whiskey and almost no food is a terrible thing for memory retention. I do know though that it would still rank near the bottom of my Zulawski's.

1) Possession
2) L'Amour Braque
3) The Devil
4) The Most Important Thing: Love
5) The Third Part of the Night
6) On a Silver Globe
7) Fidelite
8) The Public Woman
9) Cosmos

The first 5 I think are all unequivocally great. Globe is completely unique, but I don't know how good I would actually rank it. Fidelite felt like a safer movie than he usually makes, which is likely another reason why I can't recall it well. Public Woman I remember not liking much, but I felt similarly towards Important Thing of a first viewing, and I have a suspision a second viewing would improve it. My feelings about Cosmos are well established, but I still think it is worth watching, even if it comes off as a desperate last gasp for iconoclastic irreverence.

I've also seen Szamanka, but I was in such a haze when I watched that one, I don't even an inkling of whether I liked it or not.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:11 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:
Outside of maybe half a dozen Godzilla films, my knowledge of these kinds of movies is a pretty big black hole. I really should start getting obsessive about them at some point. I'm sure there is more than enough for them to offer my particular sensibilities.

I wouldn't consider myself an "obsessive". In fact, I'm sure that someone (maybe Thor or MSK) could be happy to point out how foolish I was to believe that Japan was the only ones making Kamen films in the Pacific in the 70s. I literally have no idea. This is the first non-Japanese (or quasi-Japanese) Kamen film that I've seen from the 70s.

I will point out, though, from the Criterion thread which mentioned a number of Ishiro Honda films were announced on Filmstruck, that his War of the Gargantuas is a very good, somewhat overlooked non-Godzilla (or quasi-Godzilla, "hairy Godzilla") film from that Toho peak. Whether you have acces to that service, or if you can find it at your local Dust 's' Us (or whatever), check that one out.

I also saw an interesting animation in the style of Michel Ocelot called Wolfskin which seemed very intriguing. I say "seemed" because it was more of a preliminary viewing, while friends got comfortable and the drinks got cozy, and it was more for visual ambience than something I was actively following. I'll have to give it a closer look. After that, though, we got down to more serious cinema viewing (ie The Iron Super Man).


Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:36 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Here's a fun game/

Top Ten Kinks tracks:

1. Mindless Child of Motherhood
2. Two Sisters
3. Susannah's Still Alive
4. This Time Tomorrow
5. King Kong
6. Strangers
7. Powerman
8. Picture Book
9. Waterloo Sunset
10. Victoria


Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

I know it's hardly an obscure cut, but no "Lola"?

_________________
Letterboxd|Facebook


Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Jinnistan wrote:
Here's a fun game/

Top Ten Kinks tracks:

1. Mindless Child of Motherhood
2. Two Sisters
3. Susannah's Still Alive
4. This Time Tomorrow
5. King Kong
6. Strangers
7. Powerman
8. Picture Book
9. Waterloo Sunset
10. Victoria


I'm missing at least three key Kinks albums from my collection (they are weirdly difficult to find in Toronto for some unknown reason) so there is no way I could give a proper list that wouldn't be missing what are likely essential tracks. I also will probably overlook some songs on the records I have since I'm terrible at remembering the titles of their songs. But here it goes

1) Death of a Clown
2) Lola
3) Two Sisters
4) Waterloo Sunset
5) End of the Season
6) Wait Til the Summer Comes Along
7) A Well Respected Man
8) David Watts
9) Where Have All the Good Times Gone
10) something from Muswell Hillbillys or Face to Face (I really like both of these albums, but have no idea what songs I really like from them)

I don't own Arthur, Preservation or Lola, three records that have dogged me for twenty years


Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Fuck, I've now just realized I've lost my Schoolboys in Disgrace album. Yet another casualty in the ever growing list of records that have mysteriously disappeared from my collection over the years.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Johnny Hallyday died. Sad face. :( I remember seeing him in a French film and he was ultra suave.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:20 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Image

Holy fuck.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:50 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

"Holy fuck, this is a good film that I enjoyed viewing" or "Holy fuck, this is a bad film that I did not enjoy viewing"?

_________________
"Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y. K. Kim


Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:01 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:
Image

Holy fuck.


Yeah, made my top 10 the year it came out a blew me away. I must have gotten 10 people on RT to watch it and they all loved it. I should get paid.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:05 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Oh great. Double posts on this site as well? @@@???#?@#R?@#?????


Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:05 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Rock wrote:
"Holy fuck, this is a good film that I enjoyed viewing" or "Holy fuck, this is a bad film that I did not enjoy viewing"?


Holy Fuck, as in, I'm not sure how to process my thoughts on it. Definitely very much on the 'good film' side, even though there were some stretches where I didn't think that the eerie distant tone it was going for was going to amount to much. Those initial feelings were very wrong and the early scenes that I felt didn't work that well, were ultimately only a very minor distraction. It's a film that feels completely isolated, and since it abandons you almost entirely to the viewpoint of one character, its loneliness builds to a near claustrophobia. It also has some of the most haunting, but also really upsetting and heartbreaking images, sometimes one piled right on top of the other, without seeming overly fussy or over done. It feels very artificial, but at the same time, its emotions feel very real. It is a film of many contradictions but seems to move in a determined straight line towards its conclusion, regardless of its occasional unexpected turns. Totally unique, and I'd probably rank it in the same league as my other recent favourite Calvaire, even though it at times has shakier legs than that one. I'd really love to see what the director does next though.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Holy Fuck, as in, I'm not sure how to process my thoughts on it. Also 'holy fuck' due to it ratcheting up its opening quiet discomfort to something emotionally unbearable and hard to watch. Ultimately though, the 'holy fuck' is placed very much on the 'good film' side, even though there were some stretches where I didn't think that the eerie distant tone it was going for was going to amount to much. Those initial feelings were very wrong and the early scenes that I felt didn't work that well, were thankfully only a very minor distraction.

It's a film that feels completely isolated from other characters and almost feels completely separate from other films that aim for similar goals. Since it abandons you almost entirely to the viewpoint of one character, its loneliness builds to a near claustrophobia. It also has some of the most haunting, but also really upsetting and heartbreaking images. Lots of them. Sometimes one piled right after another, yet it rarely feels overly fussy or over done because of this. It can at times feel very artificial, but at the same time, its emotions feel very real and completely vulnerable, kind of like how Douglas Sirk or Fassbinder could make worlds that don't look like the ones we live in, but can very much feel like them. It is a film of many contradictions, honest and surreal, tender and violent, personal and universal, yet in retrospect it seems to always be moving in a determined straight line towards its conclusion, regardless of how unexpected and spontaneous much of it feels. It's totally unique, and I'd probably rank it in the same league as my other recent favourite Calvaire, even though it at times has shakier legs than that one. I'd really love to see what the director does next though.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:
I'm missing at least three key Kinks albums from my collection (they are weirdly difficult to find in Toronto for some unknown reason) so there is no way I could give a proper list that wouldn't be missing what are likely essential tracks. I also will probably overlook some songs on the records I have since I'm terrible at remembering the titles of their songs. But here it goes

1) Death of a Clown
2) Lola
3) Two Sisters
4) Waterloo Sunset
5) End of the Season
6) Wait Til the Summer Comes Along
7) A Well Respected Man
8) David Watts
9) Where Have All the Good Times Gone
10) something from Muswell Hillbillys or Face to Face (I really like both of these albums, but have no idea what songs I really like from them)

I don't own Arthur, Preservation or Lola, three records that have dogged me for twenty years

Also, I think that you should look at a singles collection - there are a few of these - in order to get great non-LP stuff like "Susannah's Still Alive" (technically a Dave Davies solo single - "Death of a Clown" was originally also credited to Dave Davies solo), "Big Black Smoke", "Polly", "King Kong", "Mindless Child of Motherhood" and "Berkeley Mews". In fact, I think all of these tracks are on their double-lp Kinks Kronikles, an early 70s collection which is probably the set most common in American record bins. Or these are also scattered across several deluxe editions of the respective CDs. Anyway, have a listen at any you aren't familiar with.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Jinnistan wrote:
Also, I think that you should look at a singles collection - there are a few of these - in order to get great non-LP stuff like "Susannah's Still Alive" (technically a Dave Davies solo single - "Death of a Clown" was originally also credited to Dave Davies solo), "Big Black Smoke", "Polly", "King Kong", "Mindless Child of Motherhood" and "Berkeley Mews". In fact, I think all of these tracks are on their double-lp Kinks Kronikles, an early 70s collection which is probably the set most common in American record bins. Or these are also scattered across several deluxe editions of the respective CDs. Anyway, have a listen at any you aren't familiar with.


I wasn't aware that Kronikles had non-LP tracks on it. I generally prefer to get the full albums instead of compilations, but if there is more to be offered there than that, I could probably find Kronikles today if I chose since that is always around.

I actually did come across Preservation a few days ago, and it wasn't stupidly over priced as it usually is (often around $70 for a fucking reprint), but I felt I couldn't buy it since I had literally the day before told my father to try and find that online when he kept bugging me about what "I wanted for Christmas", as if I care at my age. I felt I was tempting fate to end up getting it twice in the same month after all of these years of looking for it. Of course, since I didn't buy, he probably won't now either, because that is the world I live in. One without Village Green Preservation Society.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

crumbsroom wrote:
I wasn't aware that Kronikles had non-LP tracks on it. I generally prefer to get the full albums instead of compilations, but if there is more to be offered there than that, I could probably find Kronikles today if I chose since that is always around.

I recommend it if you find a good, cheap copy. It's a great listen on its own.

crumbsroom wrote:
he kept bugging me about what "I wanted for Christmas", as if I care at my age.

I usually ask for cash anymore. This year I told him that he could find me a working VCR if he wanted to get me something. I still have hundreds of VHS tapes, and no working player, and I've been dreading but necessarily anticipating a long slough through them to find the essentials and reliquish the rest. First of all, he forgot what a VCR was. When I told him it's a "video cassette recorder", he only heard "cassette" and told me about some tape decks he'd seen. Basically, I'm not getting a VCR this year. I'll track one down eventually. Truly, I can't wait to spend weeks of fast-forwarding drudgery.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:12 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

I've been using en.savfrom.net like crazy. It allows you to download YouTube videos at the same quality as the upload. Also handy even if it's just audio with a still image, as there's a number of these I'm just grabbing for the audio anyway. The site required no registration, has no popups, etc. It's great.

This is Looka, btw. Hello.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:38 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Oops, that was meant for the Recent Listening thread.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:40 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Born2Scoot wrote:
This is Looka, btw. Hello.

Well, well, Looka here!

I'm currently trying to catch up on the year's music. I've been disappointed with a number of legacy acts - Deerhunter, Arcade Fire, Spoon, Grizzly Bear, St. Vincent have all put out albums that are OK, maybe pretty good, but below par for their previous work. I've been trying out the new Bjork, Kendrick and Kelela.

Have you the underground scoop?


Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

First off, would like to state that I loved this thread at the other place and nice to see the theme started here by the same originator.

With that being said, I always thought that the title should read "Watching Movies Alone IN crumbsroom". That way it gives you the vibe of watching old fodder on a Zenith late at night with a dim light and a box of Kleenez at the helm, just in case you catch a glimpse of a rogue tit.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

John Dumbear wrote:
With that being said, I always thought that the title should read "Watching Movies Alone IN crumbsroom".
You're going to have to get a lot more liquor into him for that.

Well, SOME more liquor.

_________________
"It's OK to have beliefs, just don't believe in them." — Guy Ritchie


Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:27 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thief and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.