It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Obituaries 
Author Message
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Australian disability advocate and actor Quentin Kenihan has died at the age of 43.


He was born with osteogenesis imperfecta, a bone disease.


Kenihan was the focus of a documentary by Australian journalist Mike Willesee. He later hosted a Ten Network television show, Quentin Crashes.


Kenihan appeared in a few films, including Thunderstruck, Dr. Plonk, and arguably his most well known role as Corpus Colossus in Mad Max: Fury Road. He had also published a book in 2016.


Image

_________________
I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole.


Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Veteran actor Scott Wilson has died at the age of 76.

Born in Thomasville, Georgia, Wilson began his career as a murder suspect in In the Heat of the Night in 1967. In the same year he appeared as another murder suspect, Richard Hickock, in the adaptation of Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.

Wilson would go on to appear in over 70 films and television shows, often gravitating to westerns or military roles. Some of Wilson's other film roles included The Great Gatsby (1974), The Ninth Configuration, The Right Stuff, Judge Dredd, Dead Man Walking, G.I. Jane, The Way of the Gun, Monster (2003), The Host (2006), and Hostiles.

Wilson's television roles included The X-Files, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (as Sam Braun, casino owner and father of Catherine Willows), Law & Order, The OA, and The Walking Dead as Hershel Greene.

Wilson had been married since 1977 but had no children. He died on October 6, 2018, from Leukemia.

_________________
I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole.


Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:34 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Death Proof wrote:
Veteran actor Scott Wilson has died at the age of 76.

Born in Thomasville, Georgia, Wilson began his career as a murder suspect in In the Heat of the Night in 1967. In the same year he appeared as another murder suspect, Richard Hickock, in the adaptation of Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.

Wilson would go on to appear in over 70 films and television shows, often gravitating to westerns or military roles. Some of Wilson's other film roles included The Great Gatsby (1974), The Ninth Configuration, The Right Stuff, Judge Dredd, Dead Man Walking, G.I. Jane, The Way of the Gun, Monster (2003), The Host (2006), and Hostiles.

Wilson's television roles included The X-Files, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (as Sam Braun, casino owner and father of Catherine Willows), Law & Order, The OA, and The Walking Dead as Hershel Greene.

Wilson had been married since 1977 but had no children. He died on October 6, 2018, from Leukemia.


Didn't even know he had leukemia :( I obviously know of him from The Walking Dead, but I'm looking at his filmography and I'm seeing he was in a lot of films I've seen. I'm glad he had a chance to had such a showcase role near the end of his career. He had a brief role on Season 1 of Bosch, and it was very pleasant seeing him. Seemed like a real affable, down-to-earth guy.

_________________
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---


Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:42 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Thief wrote:

Didn't even know he had leukemia :( I obviously know of him from The Walking Dead, but I'm looking at his filmography and I'm seeing he was in a lot of films I've seen. I'm glad he had a chance to had such a showcase role near the end of his career. He had a brief role on Season 1 of Bosch, and it was very pleasant seeing him. Seemed like a real affable, down-to-earth guy.



I knew him mostly from CSI. I never watched the other spin-offs, but I watched pretty much every episode of the main series.

I didn't even realize that was him in The Host. I'll have to go back and watch that for Halloween.

_________________
I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole.


Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Death Proof wrote:


I knew him mostly from CSI. I never watched the other spin-offs, but I watched pretty much every episode of the main series.

I didn't even realize that was him in The Host. I'll have to go back and watch that for Halloween.


I never got into any of the CSI's other than scattered episodes here and there, but I saw The Host recently and I think I got back to the scene thinking "is that him?".

_________________
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---


Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:54 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Death Proof wrote:
Wilson began his career as a murder suspect in In the Heat of the Night in 1967. In the same year he appeared as another murder suspect, Richard Hickock, in the adaptation of Truman Capote's In Cold Blood.

Huh. Never made that connection.


Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Jinnistan wrote:
Huh. Never made that connection.



Originally the producers wanted to get Paul Neuman and Steve McQueen to play the accused killers but Neuman decided to star in Cool Hand Luke and Hombre while McQueen made Bullitt and The Thomas Crown Affair. Sidney Poitier personally recommended Wilson for his role after working with him in In the Heat of the Night. Wilson didn't find out about that until after the production.

_________________
I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole.


Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:54 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Damn. RIP Mr. Wilson. The first thing I remembered seeing him in was Macon County Line with another great character actor, Jesse Vint. I remember Max Baer Jr.(Jethro from The Beverly Hillbillies) played a deputy sheriff. Wilson and Vint played brothers who ended up getting on his bad side. Plus he was Hershel. He's gonna be missed.


Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:43 am
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/microsoft-co-founder-paul-allen-dies-at-65/ar-BBOqYFg?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Cancer wins again. RIP, Paul.


Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:34 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries



He had announced the cancer was back about two weeks ago. Didn't even give him a break. :(

_________________
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---


Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:15 pm
Profile
User avatar
Reply with quote
Post Re: Obituaries

Former pro wrestler 'Dirty' Dick Slater dead at 67. I don't remember this guy but I'm not passing up the chance to post a dirty dick reference.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-former-wwe-wrestler-dick-slater-passes-away-20181018-story.html


Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.