It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest 
Post Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Rumpled wrote:

But.. but... there was no demon!!! :(

The basis for the possession is a Jewish mythology. Here are some excerpts about them that might make more sense of why the film would be called that:

In Jewish folklore and popular belief an evil spirit which enters into a living person, cleaves to his soul, causes mental illness, talks through his mouth, and represents a separate and alien personality is called a dibbuk.

Later, an explanation common among other peoples was added, namely that some of the dibbukim are the spirits of dead persons who were not laid to rest and thus became demons.

The entry of a dibbuk into a person was a sign of his having committed a secret sin which opened a door for the dibbuk.

Rumpled wrote:
lol i don't even know who nick cannon is? :D

He was considered an up-and-coming talent in the early 2000s after he starred in a film called Drumline. Didn't really hit the big time and was mostly famous for the fact that he married Mariah Carey.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:44 pm

48th (2004)
When the brilliant but unorthodox scientist Dr. Victor Frankenstein rejects the artificial man that he has created, the Creature escapes and later swears revenge.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45VJXmLRIM

Or Watch it free on youtube = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkVR8x1Eorw&t=3s & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5xpDqQ-pbw&t=1s

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Takoma1 wrote:

The basis for the possession is a Jewish mythology. Here are some excerpts about them that might make more sense of why the film would be called that:

In Jewish folklore and popular belief an evil spirit which enters into a living person, cleaves to his soul, causes mental illness, talks through his mouth, and represents a separate and alien personality is called a dibbuk.

Later, an explanation common among other peoples was added, namely that some of the dibbukim are the spirits of dead persons who were not laid to rest and thus became demons.

The entry of a dibbuk into a person was a sign of his having committed a secret sin which opened a door for the dibbuk.

He was considered an up-and-coming talent in the early 2000s after he starred in a film called Drumline. Didn't really hit the big time and was mostly famous for the fact that he married Mariah Carey.

Ah ha it's the got talent guy ;)

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:00 pm

47th (2018)
Criminal psychologist Kate Fuller is assigned to the murder of a man who has seemingly been strangled in his sleep by his wife and the only witness is their eight-year-old daughter, Sophie. As Kate digs into the mystery of an ancient demon which kills people in their sleep, she experiences the same petrifying symptoms as all previous victims and spirals through a chilling nightmare to save herself and Sophie before she dares fall asleep again.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wRPdld44M

Just watched this over the weekend, it was very good. Sucks she ended up being killed by Mara. - youtube

stupid bitch.. you fucking scum - youtube

Lucky i saw the film before reading that :shock:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm

46th (2015)
When Danni, a burnt-out former hospice nurse, moves into a new apartment, she thinks she's finally found the key to a simple, less traumatic life. But when things start to disappear through a strange portal in her bathroom wall, Danni realizes she's discovered a gateway to the unknown that brings unimaginable horrors to this quiet apartment. Along with her co-worker Tim, Danni begins an investigation that leads to an unforgettable conclusion.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCGpX7QnF3Q

AKA Curtain

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:23 pm

45th (2017)
Troubled teen Samantha's position in her new foster family is jeopardized when her new sister Olivia goes missing in the woods, only to reappear, apparently unharmed, days later. But when Sam begins to suspect that what emerged from the woods is not Olivia, her investigation will bring her face to face with an evil presence which has haunted the town for generations.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PI3KSJr1c

0:54 anyone notice the face in the grey pillow?? - youtube :shock:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm

44th (2004-2010)
This collection brings together all seven films in the horrifying SAW series. Saw centres on sick, twisted Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), a damaged man at odds with humanity: a man who has made it his life’s mission to lay traps for unsuspecting sinners and in doing so, sets the ball in motion for a series of terrifying games in which the ultimate prize is your life
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VcVIRuzz6c

Yes i binged the lot, it also looks like they filmed the whole lot in one go and then just released one every halloween

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:45 pm

43rd (2018)
A chilling, psychological thriller from the producers of Split and Get Out, Topher Grace (Black Klansman, Spider-Man 3, Interstellar) stars as Tom, recently released from a mental institute, living under house arrest under the watchful eye of a hard-boiled parole officer (Patricia Clarkson). With the help of medication, Tom enjoys his freedom in the vacant home, until he finds mysterious passages to hidden rooms, receives mysterious calls, and sees horrifying visitors. Tom faces down his demons as he attempts to figure out if these happenings are real or Delirium.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTXvB2DW2bg&t=41s

Entertainment Weekly once predicted Topher Grace would be the next Tom Hanks. - Trivia :shifty:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 pm

42nd (2013)
Haunted house film about a pair of sleep deprived parents who begin to experience disturbing visions after moving from the city to a country estate. Alex and Penny have just become parents of a baby boy when they decide that the city is no place to raise a child. Relocating to a farmhouse, the couple finds their relationship deteriorating due to the demands of caring for a newborn, including a lack of sleep. When Alex and Penny begin seeing a mysterious woman around the house, they at first dismiss the sightings as hallucinations brought on by sleep deprivation. But as the visions appear more often, the parents are forced to consider that evils are at work in their home. By the time the truth about their new home is revealed, their tenuous grip on sanity has already begun to slip.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0HVeqjqs9E

Does have a bed wettingly scary scene with the woman by the cot :shock:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm

41st (2017)
A wild animal attacks six medical students on a weekend hike in the woods. One by one, they become infected with a "feral disease", turning them into rabid, bloodthirsty creatures, and the vacation becomes a nightmare as they fight to survive each other.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDft9Aw2NHo

I want to see a movie where humanity purges every single Jew from the Earth
- youtube

Yeah, the "Jews" are the problem not the child raping muslims running around murdering everyone and saying they will dominate the world!! - youtube

Feminist horror...the SJW`s must be creaming in their jeans. - yoytube

Insecure, angry “men” who’re likely unemployed and constantly rejected by women can’t deal with strong females. They flock to comment sections of movies like this like flies on shit. It’s pathetic and truly highlights how many of them have been completely left behind by civilized, higher thinking people. - youtube

You sound like a feminist. That means you sound insane and like a professional victim. I'm a military veteran and health care professional. People like you love to think you are smarter than others. It is rarely the case. Feminism is why over 72% of black people are now raised by single black women and why men are FORCED to pay for a kid they may not want or be at risk of jail while women kill off 300,000 babies a year at planned parenthood. - youtube

Ya gotta love youtube :D

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm

40th (2018)
Inspired by true events. On an isolated stretch of land 50 miles outside of San Francisco sits the most haunted house in the world. Built by Sarah Winchester, (Academy Award®-winner Helen Mirren) heiress to the Winchester fortune, it is a house that knows no end. Constructed in an incessant twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week mania for decades, it stands seven stories tall and contains hundreds of rooms. To the outsider it looks like a monstrous monument to a disturbed woman's madness. But Sarah is not building for herself, for her niece (Sarah Snook) or for the brilliant Doctor Eric Price (Jason Clarke) whom she has summoned to the house. She is building a prison, an asylum for hundreds of vengeful ghosts, and the most terrifying among them have a score to settle with the Winchesters.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Juc2cL26mg

Was heading for a healthy 8/10 til the CGI frenzy at the end :(

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Rumpled wrote:

Was heading for a healthy 8/10 til the CGI frenzy at the end :(

I feel like that's a pretty common story these days.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:50 am

Rumpled wrote:
53rd (2018)
In a remote hill top mansion, a mysterious stranger emerges from a thunderstorm in the night, seeking refuge with the Whipley family; four young adults ruled by their strict religious mother, and their troubled father, who has vanished the previous night - But perhaps the 'stranger' is more connected to this family and to the dark unknown history of the house than they could ever suspect, and as the visitor begins to cultivate sexual tensions and paranoia within the house, the devilishly erotic history of the Whipley family threatens to lure them deep into its lustful, violent madness once again.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f25dKi7TVk

Apex :up:

Noted.

Although I won't argue that the new Day of the Dead is all that good, I think it did have a take charge heroine plus the novelty of a vegan zombie that keeps it going for a while.

Cannon did All That in the 1990s and following the relative successes of Drumline and Love Don't Cost a Thing, he hosted Wild n Out in the 2000s before he married Mariah Carey and hosted America's Got Talent for a while.

Creep had its moments as a thriller, but yeah, that one character was a bit of an idiot.

You certainly liked Winchester better than Dr. Mark.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 am

Rumpled wrote:
lol i don't even know who nick cannon is? :D

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:26 am

Stu wrote:

I had to google him as well. And I still, pretty much, don't know who he is.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:06 am

39th (2006)
When the Vatican observatory priest sees the appearance of a comet, the Church is sure that it confirms the eve of the Armageddon. Meanwhile, the USA President's godson Robert Thorn is informed in the maternity in Rome by Father Spiletto that his wife Katherine has just lost her baby and she had troubles with her uterus and would not have another pregnancy. Spiletto suggests Robert that another just born child that lost his mother could be the substituted for his son, and Robert accepts the child and gives the name of Damien. Robert is promoted to ambassador in London after a tragic accident. When Damien's nanny commits suicide in his birthday party, a substitute, Mrs. Baylock, comes to work and live with the family. Along the years, Katherine realizes that Damien is evil, while Robert is contacted by Father Brennan, who tells him that Damien is the son of devil.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxEtoTXZE0&t=28s

Does this kid ever smile? His only emotions seem to be serious and super serious. At least Harvey (original actor in the 1976 movie) had an actual emotional range. - youtube

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 am

38th (2015)
WRITERS RETREAT is a horror film written by Jeremy Sheldon & C.M. Taylor set on fictional Kilton Island where strangers come together to develop their writing. Mark Twain famously said: "Write what you know". But how far would you go to find material for the ultimate bestseller? At a writer's retreat on an isolated island, novelist Zandra finds herself amongst a group of strangers confronting their darkest secrets as they write. When a member of the party mysteriously disappears, Zandra fears there is a more sinister presence trapped on the island with them. WRITERS RETREAT is filmed in a classic British Hammer Horror style using the strange features of its location to create a hauntingly terrifying film with atmosphere and menace. The script delves deep into human emotions and honesty, causing the characters to ask questions about themselves that they didn't know they had and question the audience as to whether things are quite what they seem.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZu4aoMZ0A

It looks like the same place where the woman in black 1989 was filmed ;)

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:33 am

37th (2011)
Fiona Wagner is studying for a master's degree in journalism and still grieves for her mother Samantha who committed suicide at the Crescent Hotel three years ago. Her father, Detective Tom Wagner, is investigating the brutal death of lawyer Elliot Vincent, who was murdered by his teenager daughter. His daughter was forced to choose between killing him or having her mother, little brother and herself killed by a sadistic criminal that had broken in their house. When pianist Simon Campbell is forced to choose between losing his fingers or his hearing, Tom realizes that a deranged serial-killer is attacking people. Meanwhile, Fiona is contacted by the criminal through the codename ISO_17. Fiona recalls that her mother had mentioned something about choice in her suicide note and she decides to investigate the sadistic man further.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifstDOzF5bg

I "choose" to not watch this movie - youtube :P

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 am

36th (2002-2016)
Something terrible is lurking in the Hive, a vast underground genetic research facility run by the Umbrella Corporation, a faceless bio-engineering conglomerate. A deadly viral outbreak occurs, and in response, the Red Queen - a vast super computer that controls and monitors the Hive - infects the entire facility to contain the leak, killing all the trapped employees. Alice (Milla Jovovich) and Rain (Michelle Rodriguez) must lead fellow commandos to isolate the virus that has wiped out Umbrella's entire research staff. The team soon discovers, however, that the workers are not really.dead. They are now ravenous, zombie-like undead prowling the hive. Will the team defeat the Red Queen and find the anti-virus in time? Or are they doomed to turn Undead? Who, if anyone, will escape the evil Hive alive? And so on and so on...
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdUGT0HOvY

My uncle forced me to binge watch the lot... again :P

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:50 am

35th (2015)
Five years after an unexplained malfunction causes the death of 15 tour-goers and staff on the opening night of a Halloween haunted house tour (Hell House), a documentary film crew visits the scene of the tragedy to investigate what really happened that night.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYyWAXF5bA

Definitely one of the better FF films :up:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 am

34th (2015)
An undead teenage girl befriends a blind boy that she meets in a forest she haunts and hunts in. Both have been victims of unimaginable abuse, and each finds solace in the other. There may be a chance of light at the end of their tunnel, but it will come with a body count.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWAeb5CMZK0

This is no "Let the Right One In" but it's entertaining enough

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:03 am

Rumpled wrote:
36th (2002-2016)
Something terrible is lurking in the Hive, a vast underground genetic research facility run by the Umbrella Corporation, a faceless bio-engineering conglomerate. A deadly viral outbreak occurs, and in response, the Red Queen - a vast super computer that controls and monitors the Hive - infects the entire facility to contain the leak, killing all the trapped employees. Alice (Milla Jovovich) and Rain (Michelle Rodriguez) must lead fellow commandos to isolate the virus that has wiped out Umbrella's entire research staff. The team soon discovers, however, that the workers are not really.dead. They are now ravenous, zombie-like undead prowling the hive. Will the team defeat the Red Queen and find the anti-virus in time? Or are they doomed to turn Undead? Who, if anyone, will escape the evil Hive alive? And so on and so on...
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdUGT0HOvY

My uncle forced me to binge watch the lot... again :P

The 5th one is probably the "best" (or at least the best made), but the 2nd one is the one that most owns up to its stupidity and is probably the most entertaining as a result. Never saw the 6th though.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm

33rd (2018)
Hardworking student Kate takes a well paying summer job as a nanny at a winery to offset tuition expenses. Soon she realizes that something is off with the children she cares for.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXhdvafelr4

Lifetime movie of 2018 - IMDB

Lifetime movies rock ;)

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 pm

32nd (2018)
A decade after a tragic mistake, family man Chas and occult investigator John Constantine (voiced by Matt Ryan) set out to cure Chas's daughter Trish from a mysterious supernatural coma. With the help of the mysterious Nightmare Nurse, the influential Queen of Angels, and brutal Aztec God Mictlantecuhtli, the pair just might have a chance at outsmarting the demon Beroul to save Trish's soul. In a world of shadows and dark magic, not everything is what it seems, and there's always a price to pay. The path to redemption is never easy, and if Constantine is to succeed, he must navigate through the dark urban underbelly of Los Angeles, outwit the most cunning spawns of hell, and come face to face with arch-nemesis Nergal - all while battling his own inner demons!
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgujmtdj_3c

Excuse me but demon is a offensive term please use mortally challenged instead. - youtube

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 pm

31st (2013)
Tom and Lucy are both happy young adults eager to set out on their first weekend getaway as a couple. They set off for a planned stay at a remote hotel but quickly find themselves getting lost in a maze of backwoods roads. However they soon discover that they are at the mercies of an unknown tormentor that is eager to take advantage of their vulnerability and distance from civilization.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4RPweLlhQ

Watched this at film festival - One guy in audience came out with visible skid marks, he had light coloured trousers on; word got round later who he was & everyone passed his name around, some even took photos of him with skid marks as he left cinema. He admitted the film scared the hell out of him but claimed he did not realise he had did a jobby, even though people near him in cinema said the smell was horrendous. - youtube :D

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm

30th (2018)
When a single father Michael (Mark Ghanimé) stumbles across an escape room attraction built into an old manor, he reckons it’s the perfect activity to help him bond with his teenage daughter Karen (Jeni Ross). Grouped with two escape room veterans, they find themselves solving elaborate puzzles in the antiquated setting. The group’s initial fun quickly turns to anxiety, and from anxiety to outright fear as they realise that nothing is what it seems and they’re no longer playing a simple game. A supernatural spirit is out for vengeance, and determined to claim their lives as penance for its tortured past. Will they be able to escape in time or will their souls be trapped forever?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh3tp39sao8

Went into this thinking it would be "so bad, it's good"... but no... i was most pleasently surprised :shock:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 pm

29th (2017)
Featuring shades of Edgar Allen Poe's ["A Tell-tale Heart" and] "The Black Cat", 1922, with a Bonny and Clyde sub-plot, based on the Stephen King novella of the same name, centers on simple but proud farmer, Wilfred James, who, with the reluctant help of his teenage son, murders his wife to gain ownership of her inherited land. Shortly after, however, strange and supernatural occurrences begin to plague both James and his farm. Is it just simple bad luck, or is it the work of something much more sinister?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_fT0aTsjI&t=41s

"Wow the quality was good back in 1922" - youtube
"This is perhaps the most obvious joke in the history of YouTube comments." - youtube

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 pm

28th (2007)
A handful of tourists looking for adventure get more than they bargained for when they cross paths with a massive man-eating beast in this thriller. Pete McKell (Michael Vartan) is a writer for an American travel magazine who has been assigned to write a story about vacationing in rugged Northern Australia. Pete signs up for a cruise along a river that's home to a large crocodile population, with tough but pretty Kate Ryan (Radha Mitchell) serving as guide. Pete soon finds he's roughing it in the Aussie wilds with an eclectic variety of travelers, including Russell (John Jarratt), who is dealing with the death of his wife; Simon (Stephen Curry), a tactless amateur photographer; and Allen (Geoff Morrell), a member of the British upper crust making the trip with his ailing spouse (Heather Mitchell) and their rambunctious daughter (Mia Wasikowska).
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFx00dpfApQ

Yep it's a rewatch, takes a while.. but still a goodie ;)

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:31 pm

27th (2018)
Horror is back in the hood! The sequel to the ground-breaking original film Tales From the Hood reunites Executive Producer Spike Lee (Honorary Academy Award® winner) and Writers/Directors/Producers Rusty Cundieff and Darin Scott for an all-new gripping, horrifying and oftentimes devilishly comical anthology. Keith David stars as a contemporary Mr. Simms to tell bloodcurdling stories about lust, greed, pride and politics through tales with demonic dolls, possessed psychics, vengeful vixens and historical ghosts. Mr. Simms's haunting stories will make you laugh...while you scream.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-3lWV9-1A

Another cheap, tacky and trashy movie, but i love it :up:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 pm

26th (2016)
Living in her family's secluded mansion, Audrina is kept alone and out of sight and is haunted by nightmares of her older sister, First Audrina, who was left for dead in the woods after an attack. As she begins to question her past and her disturbing dreams, the grim truth is slowly revealed.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkdcCJC7nE&t=4s

It's those lifetime folks again ;)

Takoma :up:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:46 pm

25th (2012)
Arkin escapes with his life from the vicious grips of "The Collector" during an entrapment party where he adds beautiful Elena to his "Collection." Instead of recovering from the trauma, Arkin is suddenly abducted from the hospital by mercenaries hired by Elena's wealthy father. Arkin is blackmailed to team up with the mercenaries and track down The Collector's booby trapped warehouse and save Elena.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08aIH-Bhcc&t=60s

"Man, can't he just collect baseball cards or something... jeez" - youtube :P

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 pm

24th (2009)
After kidnapping and torturing two innocent teenage girls, a group of people seek refuge in the home of the parents of one of the victimized girls. When the parents find out what happened to their daughter, they plot and carry out revenge on those that hurt their daughter.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZyJxabVck&t=23s

Well i thought it was fine apart from =
Them copping out on killing both girls unlike the original

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:01 pm

22nd (1999)
Seventeen year old slacker Anton Tobias wakes up one Halloween morning to discover that both of his parents have been turned into two headless Halloween decorations. After speaking to his equally irresponsible friends, Mick and Pnub, he discovers that his right hand has a blood-thirsty mind of its own and is hell-bent on wreaking havoc whether he likes it or not.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcVrp--9UUc

"A movie of low quality and excessive show of fake death. There is no way that a glass bottle will penetrate a human brain in such a way. Therefore the makers of this movie have no cognition at all of any law of physic nor they have the math to compute the screen scenes. Basically, a movie done for the foul canadian witch like Devon Sawa that in Final Destination becomes the witch actuator and kills his friends." - youtube

"What?" - youtube

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 pm

21st (2017)
Several tenants have mysteriously vanished at a luxury New York City apartment building, Phil Lodge (Patrick John Flueger), the building’s new superintendent and a former NYPD officer, immediately suspects Walter (Val Kilmer), the strange maintenance man. With his daughters’ lives on the line, Phil must decipher the cryptic riddles in which Walter speaks to solve the disappearances before it’s too late….
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjCY9OtfKUw

Nice twist :up:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:13 pm

20th (2018)
Taking place in 1983, Red is a lumberjack who lives in a secluded cabin in the woods. His artist girlfriend Mandy spends her days reading fantasy paperbacks. Then one day, she catches the eye of a crazed cult leader, who conjures a group of motorcycle-riding demons to kidnap her. Red, armed with a crossbow and custom Axe, stops at nothing to get her back, leaving a bloody, brutal pile of bodies in his wake.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGmnfy6VoJI

Could've done without the slow trippy pace and that embarrassingly animated bug thing? :P

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 pm

19th (1940)
Four explorers are summoned to Peru by the brilliant physicist Dr Thorkel. They discover a rich source of radium and a half-mad Thorkel who shrinks them down to one-fifth their normal size when they threaten to stop his unorthodox experimentation.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz2ChHGknUw

Captain Terror :up:

And why is that mexican in a nappy :D

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 pm

18th (2007)
While driving through the New Mexico Desert during a rainy night, the college students Jim Halsey and his girlfriend Grace Andrews give a ride to the hitchhiker John Ryder. While in their car, the stranger proves to be a psychopath threatening the young couple with a knife, but Jim succeeds to throw him out of the car on the road. On the next morning, the young couple sees John in another car with a family, and while trying to advise the driver that the man is dangerous, they have an accident. While walking on the road, they find the whole family stabbed in the car, and John sees that the driver is still alive. He drives to a restaurant seeking for help, but the police blame Jim and Grace to the murder and send them to the police station. However, John kills the policemen and pursues the couple, playing a tragic and violent mouse and cat game with Grace and Jim.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVOkIzO-dA

Yeah not as good as the original, but it's still a good movie as the story is great and Sean Bean oozes scumbaggyness :up:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 pm

17th (2017)
After an apocalypse where most of the population in a small location in the woods has turned into ravenous zombies, survivors join forces expecting to go to the protection of the big city. However their journey becomes hopeless when they learn what happened in other locations.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5B5ZmD7ME

One of those you'll love it or hate it!!!

Captain Terror :up:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 pm

Ultimately, In Fear was a bit too mean spirited for me to enjoy it. And I actually didn't find it that scary.

I do like The Collection, which way tones down the torture stuff from the first film.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:10 am

16th (2014)
Ten people arrive at a secluded mountain resort to find it completely deserted. With no gas for the return trip, the visitors are forced to stay and investigate the mystery surrounding the abandoned lodge.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1cRC0qtXkw

A rewatch and i thought it's a great idea so 4.8 /10 IMDB can be damned :-| hmph!!!

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 am

Rumpled wrote:
24th (2009)
After kidnapping and torturing two innocent teenage girls, a group of people seek refuge in the home of the parents of one of the victimized girls. When the parents find out what happened to their daughter, they plot and carry out revenge on those that hurt their daughter.
7/10
Clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZyJxabVck&t=23s

Well i thought it was fine apart from =
Them copping out on killing both girls unlike the original

From the glut of all the recent horror remakes, this is one of the few that I don't completely hate. Maybe it's because I don't like the source material very much, or that I simply had no expectations for it. But it is so significantly better than something like the completely pointless F13 remake or...pretty much all of them.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:27 am

15th (2018)
A father is forced to question everything he thought he knew about his daughter when he believes she may have played a role in the tragic death of a classmate at her school.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bUqu1xmDQ

Lifetime again and not ashamed of this remake especially featuring the rising talent of McKenna Grace

"Patty McCormack plays the psychiatrist, and at one point tells the girl "I was just like you when I was your age." (Who was in the original at her age) - Trivia

Oh and they change stuff as well :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:33 am

14th (2012)
A young woman, desperate to help her sickly brother, accepts a dinner invitation to what seems to be easy money. As soon as she arrives to dinner, she realizes that playing the "game" is deadly for its losers. She and several others spend the night being terriorized in a game of would you rather.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5XICr93wU

Yeah the ending was kinda shitty... not really for the outcome, but the way it was rushed, but great up til that :up: and jeffrey combs godammit.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:55 am

Rumpled wrote:
14th (2012)
A young woman, desperate to help her sickly brother, accepts a dinner invitation to what seems to be easy money. As soon as she arrives to dinner, she realizes that playing the "game" is deadly for its losers. She and several others spend the night being terriorized in a game of would you rather.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5XICr93wU

Yeah the ending was kinda shitty... not really for the outcome, but the way it was rushed, but great up til that :up: and jeffrey combs godammit.

How torture-y is it? I'm not really interested in watching people gouge out their own eyes or cut off their own fingers for 90 minutes.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 am

13th (2015)
In Victorian England, sexual repression opens a rift between young couple Constance and Joseph after the birth of their daughter Angelica. As Constance becomes more and more protective of little Angelica, a ghostly predator begins to make its way through the house late at night... Angelica is a spellbinding ghost story about desire, repression and its consequences...
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teoSJwddzks

Takoma, Takoma and Takoma :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:06 am

Takoma1 wrote:

How torture-y is it? I'm not really interested in watching people gouge out their own eyes or cut off their own fingers for 90 minutes.

Well...
that unfortunately does happen but it was just fascinating to see how far people will take it... plus some unexpected results

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:08 am

12th (1963)
Gerald and Marianne Harcourt are traveling by car when the car breaks down and they have to spend a few days in a small, remote village. It doesn't take long before they are invited to Dr. Ravna's castle. Without their knowledge, Dr. Ravna is the leader of a vampire cult, and he has become astonished by Marianne's beauty...
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2o6kAagcDY

A rewatch and still in love with the most different comeuppance ending :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:15 am

11th (2016)
As midnight falls, all manner of terror invades the Earth. Demons, cannibals, killers, ghosts and monsters swarm the world in these tales of the supernatural, the fantastic, and the just plain horrific. Featuring nine stories hand-picked through Rue Morgue and Unstable Ground's long-running genre film festival Little Terrors, prepare to see some of the finest the world of fright has to offer. Be warned: these tales are not for the faint of heart.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqbGypde40&t=38s

Best horror anthology i've seen for a loooooong while :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:28 am

Takoma1 wrote:

Same, which is why I never get a run.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:35 am

Rumpled wrote:

Well...
that unfortunately does happen but it was just fascinating to see how far people will take it... plus some unexpected results

Nope. Not for me.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next