It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest 
Post Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

rump

butt

fanny

BOTTY

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 am

Apex Predator wrote:

More notably, Vegas Vacation is better than Mother. :rotten:

That's mother!

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:59 am

ski petrol wrote:

That's mother!

You can either have lowercase letters starting a word or punctuation in a film title. You can't have both.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:40 am

Apex Predator wrote:

You can either have lowercase letters starting a word or punctuation in a film title. You can't have both.

But Aranofsky had both. mother!

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:57 am

Rump wrote:

I've finally got the internet proper today, and i'm now replacing all the photo's i've just noticed that have gone missing?

Gotcha.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:27 am

Dat azz

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:17 am

Really waiting for this to get back up and running again.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Where y'at, Rump???

Thu May 03, 2018 11:03 am

Living on my uncles sofa at the moment with no p.c. , be back when I get myself sorted out. (also couldn't remember my last login details :(

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:53 pm

:up: Thought we lost you again, buddy

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Yay, Rumpled's back!

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:45 am

Looking forward to having you back.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:46 am

We'll be waiting for you when you return. :up:

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 am

The best thread on RT is back to conquer the Corrie!!

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:40 am

Well gosh diggity, I thought you weren't on this board at all.

Also, that's a lot of movies.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:43 am

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 pm

80th
See No Evil 2 (2014)
A group of friends pays a late-night visit to the city morgue to surprise Amy (Harris) on her birthday. But the surprise is on them when the one-eyed corpse of brutal psychopath Jacob Goodnight (Jacobs) unexpectedly rises from a cold sub-basement slab. Their wild party quickly turns into a terrifying slay-fest as the sadistic mass-murderer resumes his savage rampage complete with hooks, surgical knives and power saws.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mNVk_k4-5g

During the opening credits when it says "Directed by Jen and Sylvia Soska" The actual corpses are that of both directors. - IMDB

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 am

Woot!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:33 am

And, damn, if your 80th film was a 6/10, you had a helluva run.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 am

79th
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)
In a brand new Jumanji adventure, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game's jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. What they discover is that you don't just play Jumanji - you must survive it. To beat the game and return to the real world, they'll have to go on the most dangerous adventure of their lives, discover what Alan Parrish left 20 years ago, and change the way they think about themselves - or they'll be stuck in the game forever, to be played by others without break.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKg5SZ_35I

That scene pictured above gave me the biggest laugh :D

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 am

Wooley wrote:
And, damn, if your 80th film was a 6/10, you had a helluva run.

Woot! ;)

Bear with me... as my computers really slow at the mo... may need help from D.P.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:38 am

Wait-what month are we on? You didn't finish April! :D

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:44 am

78th
Midnight Movie (2008)
A midnight showing of an early 1970's horror movie turns to chaos when the Killer from the movie comes out of the film to attack those in the theatre.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_4gKgj8i54

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 am

Where have comments gone on youtube video's?

Please don't say sign in, as i used to be able to read them without signing in :shock:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 am

77th
Flatliners (2017)
Five medical students, obsessed by what lies beyond the confines of life, embark on a daring experiment: by stopping their hearts for short periods, each triggers a near-death experience - giving them a firsthand account of the afterlife.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUDV0CUzG0k

When Courtney went in for flatlines, she mentioned no metal allowed inside the room as the scanner contains a strong magnet.... but there are laptops, and mobile phones and other medical equipment inside the room already? Nerdy Trivia

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:21 am

76th
From Hell it Came (1957)
Tabonga, a killer spirit reincarnated as a scowling tree stump, comes back to life and kills a bunch of natives of a South Seas island. A pair of American scientists save the day.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs4spGb6LRc

I bet he's got a woody 8-)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 am

Yay!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:19 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Wait-what month are we on? You didn't finish April! :D

I think he's finishing up the December to March viewings.

And yay! :up: 8-)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 am

75th
Howling V: The Rebirth (1989)
When a group of people from different walks of life converge in a Hungarian castle situated in Budapest which has been sealed for 500 years, they bring with them a werewolf which slowly begins to cut their numbers down. The movie is The Howling a la Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBePSNzYxo

Despite the fact that this film states "Based on the novels 'The Howling I, II, and III' written by Gary Brandner", this film is in no way based on any of those novels - IMDB

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:42 pm

74th
I Kill Giants (2017)
Twelve-year-old Barbara Thorson flees from reality, living in the imaginary world of fantasy and magic, where she fights with giants. Her family does not understand her, peers do not like her, and she irritates teachers. And only recently moved here Sofia, her same age, trying to make friends with her.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ0QKOR5Kgc

Almost identical to (A Monster Calls) only set in america and this time a girl, both actually novels... i'm shocked someone wasn't sued? - IMDB

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:58 pm

73rd
Marrowbone (2017)
Three brothers and a sister have just lost their mother. After her death they fear to be separated, so to protect themselves and prevent this from happening they decide to flee to an abandoned farm, a place that is not what it seems, because it hides a dark secret between its walls.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYz5sL9pbxU

Anya Taylor-Joy ("The Witch" girl) is spanish... well i never

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:07 pm

YES! The Thread Returns!

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Rump wrote:
75th
Howling V: The.Rebirth (1989)
When a group of people from different walks of life converge in a Hungarian castle situated in Budapest which has been sealed for 500 years, they bring with them a werewolf which slowly begins to cut their numbers down. The movie is The Howling a la Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians.
6/10

Despite the fact that this film states "Based on the novels 'The Howling I, II, and III' written by Gary Brandner", this film is in no way based on any of those novels - IMDB

I thought it was pretty atmospheric and tense at times. I also liked how it would often cut away from the gore. On the other hand though, the movie seemed to swap between picking a main character several times before they finally settled on one of them for the final act. Also, the sound clip they played after a character died got annoying. Still pretty good. I also saw Howling III, which I thought was a little bit better.

Also, I'm glad this thread's back.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 am

72nd
Lady Bird (2017)
Christine "Lady Bird" MacPherson is a high school senior from the "wrong side of the tracks." She longs for adventure, sophistication, and opportunity, but finds none of that in her Sacramento Catholic high school. LADY BIRD follows the title character's senior year in high school, including her first romance, her participation in the school play, and most importantly, her applying for college.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNi_HC839Wo

Saoirse Ronan learned her american accent from watching Saved by Bell :P

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 am

71st
Maximum Overdrive (1986)
When Earth passes through the tail of Rea-M rogue comet, the machines come to life and start to kill mankind. A group of survivors is under siege from fierce trucks at the Dixie Boy truck stop gas station and they have to fight to survive.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60

When asked why he hasn't directed a movie since "Maximum Overdrive", Stephen King responded "Just watch Maximum Overdrive." :P

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:16 am

Rump wrote:
See No Evil 2 (2014)

6/10

I'd give that one a 6 too. I've seen worse, but I was disappointed that it wasn't as good as American Mary. In fact, that's starting to look like an outlier in their careers. I think Popsicle Pete was my only ally on that front, but I liked it. Unfortunately nothing since then has built on that promise. Last I saw they were hosting some lame horror themed game show. (Hellevator or something?)

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:22 am

70th
Five (1951)
Five people are miraculously spared when the fall-out from a super-atomic bomb eventually kills all of the rest of humanity on earth. They are Roseanne Rogers, a pregnant woman who was in an X-ray room; Michael, a sensitive young poet and philosopher; Charles, a black man; Mr. Barnstaple, a banker; and Eric, a cosmopolitan Alpinist who was saved from the radio-active dust because he was climbing Mt. Everest at the time of the explosion and fall-out. Eventually, they all wind up in a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed house on a California mountaintop. There is a lot of symbolism, especially with the mountain climber, who represents decadent and alien fascism and the banker who brings greed and arrogance to this new Eden on Earth. Soon, only two are left.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsHDF7OCPCg

Despite electricity being off for months (after the atomic bomb fell), when Eric takes Roseanne into town in the jeep, she goes into a hospital, and then into the X-ray and Laboratory department - where a single recessed ceiling light is still on. Hah ;)

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:36 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Last I saw they were hosting some lame horror themed game show. (Hellevator or something?)

Wheel of Misfortune?

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:41 am

69th
My Big Night (2015)
Spanish film about the attempts to tape a New Years Eve program. Outside there are dozens and dozens of angry protesters due to a recent firing of 500 people at the studio. When part of the set falls on an extra, another one, Jose (Pepon Nieto) is called in just as his sister is en route to Disneyland and he has to take care of his mother. The woman (Bianca Suarez) he is sitting next to throws herself at him, but he's warned she's some sort of a jinx.
The rest of the extras have been there forever and some have formed romantic attachments. Meanwhile backstage teen idol Adanne (Mario Casas) is having some romantic attachments of his own, one from a woman who steals his semen as part of a blackmail plot. Another, over the hill super divo Alphonso (Raphael), is torturing his assistant, who turns out to be his adoptive son Yuri, with demands. Little does Alphonse know, but Yuri has brought in a hit man - a disgruntled fan - to get rid of Alphonse once and for all. During a sound check, the hit man stands in for Alphonse, as he knows every word of the song. Then Jose gets a call - his mother has set fire to the apartment building where she lives with her daughter, and the police deliver her to the set.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVkFh0Nqxk

I believe My Big Night's plot was written on the back of a serviette one drunken evening. - rottentomatoes

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am

68th
Star Quest (1994)
It is 2035 A.D. and the final countdown has begun for a voyage that will reach across the vastness of outer space -- to explore the nearest Earth-Like planet. An international crew has been placed in cryogenic suspended animation for the journey. But a century later, they awake to find that things have gone horribly wrong.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-mh2cy5nQ

That 6 is for cheesey goodness and all the bit part actors from famous films but you don't know their names :)

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 am

67th
Nightkill (1980)
The wife of a wealthy industrialist finds herself caught-up in a web of intrigue & murder which was created by her own deceit. When she tries to escape the results of her actions, she too falls victim to deception.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IldV136DRtE

The picture was notable for featuring a horrific third-act shower-scene where the device of attack is hot-steam from wall-jets. The sequence has often compared with the shower scene from Psycho.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 am

66th
Seven Blood-Stained Orchids (1972)
A woman, a survivor of a failed murder attempt by a person dubbed "The Half-Moon Killer" by the police, and her husband must find the connecting thread between herself, six other women, and the killer before the killer strikes at her again.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1vJjjd774

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 am

Rump wrote:
75th
Howling V: The Rebirth (1989)
6/10

That actually really grabs my interest.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:43 am

65th
The Princess Academy (1987)
A group of female students (consisting of Cindy, a nice American reform school girl from lower class who's part of a pilot program set up to test if girls like her can fit in, Colette, a sheltered but curious sexually repressed nubile virginal German girl, Sonia, a horny and experienced sexually liberated seductress who loves sex anytime anywhere, Lulu Belle, a folksy Texan girl with a 'don't thread on me' attitude, Isabella, a tough Italian girl from a mob family, Pam, a friendly and rebellious leftist upper class English feminist, and Sarah and Hillary, two posh, snobbish and aristocratic mean girls from England) arrives at Von Pupsin Academy, a famous elite international private finishing school in Swiss Alps, where young girls from rich and aristocratic families are taught how to behave like proper ladies and find wealthy husbands.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siPqmfQd2UA

Yikes :shock:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:45 am

Rump wrote:
68th
Star Quest (1994)
It is 2035 A.D. and the final countdown has begun for a voyage that will reach across the vastness of outer space -- to explore the nearest Earth-Like planet. An international crew has been placed in cryogenic suspended animation for the journey. But a century later, they awake to find that things have gone horribly wrong.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-mh2cy5nQ

That 6 is for cheesey goodness and all the bit part actors from famous films but you don't know their names :)

Damn, from that picture, I thought it was a remake of The Brain That Wouldn't Die.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:48 am

64th
Shutter (2008)
A newlywed couple Ben and Jane move to Japan for a promising job opportunity - a fashion shoot in Tokyo. During their trip on a dark forest road they experience a tragic car accident, leading to the death of a young local girl. Upon regaining consciousness, they find no trace of her body. A bit distraught the couple arrives in Tokyo to begin their new life. Meanwhile Ben begins noticing strange white blurs in many of his fashion shoot photographs. Jane believes that the blurs are actually spirit photography of the dead girl who they hit on the road, and that she may be seeking vengeance.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSNg47ntpt8

(at around 5 mins) It is raining when Ben and Jane drive down the road. When they hit the ghost, the scene fades to black. When the scene fades back in, it's snowing heavily, and a thick sheet of snow covers the ground. :shock: lol

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:56 am

63rd
The House (1983)
The old house acquired by Bjorg and her husband Petur slowly takes on menacing proportions once Bjorg is left alone for a few days while Petur is away on business. While she is in the house, she experiences terrible visions of faces screaming - are these ghosts, or unclear memories from her own past? The situation continues to deteriorate, until it looks as though Petur will never return in time to help Bjorg out of her terrors - if he could help at all.
6/10

The first Icelandic feature film to use a stunt double :shock:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:07 am

62nd
Silent Night Deadly Night 5 (1991)
A young boy sees his father killed by a toy that was anonymously delivered to his house. After that, he is too traumatized to speak, and his mother must deal with both him and the loss of her husband. Meanwhile, a toy maker named Joe Peto builds some suspicious-looking toys, and a mysterious man creeps around both the toy store and the boy's house...but who is responsible for the killer toys?
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na8d9Cpo-cQ

Mickey Rooney wrote a letter of protest against the first movie stating that the "scum" who made it should be "run out of town" for having sullied the sacredness of Christmas , but he co-starred in this fifth installment in the gory horror series. :D kerrr-ching

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:16 am

61st
The Premonition (1976)
This Thriller/horror movie tells the tale of a young girl who is terrified that her insane mother will take her away from her beloved foster mother. One day, the crazed real mother attempts to contact the girl at school, but her foster mother has a premonition and gets there in time to protect the girl. Eventually though, the real mother and her boy friend, a carnival clown, succeed and takes her away, leaving the bereaved foster parents to enlist the assistance of a parapsychologist to help them interpret the foster mother's terrifying dreams and psychic connection to the girl and find her before it is too late.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVE7vwNGy0

A fantastic, intriguing, fascinating and sprawling mess. - IMDB

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:35 am

60th
Crucible of Terror (1971)
An obsessed sculptor kills a young woman to make a perfect bronze sculpture of her. Years later at his secluded home a number of people become trapped in a web of revenge, murder and horror.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3c2NOOfgwM

Does featuring a most disturbing death scene at the start :shock: = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-qYBEmYgM

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next