It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest 
Post Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

John Dumbear wrote:
I liked "In Her Shoes" and arguable Diaz's best role IMO.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:00 am

Rumpled wrote:
18th
Antman and the Wasp
(2018)

In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War (2016), Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a superhero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he's confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from their past.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rTIAOohas

It's action packed but theres so much OTT tech? Also throw one of those shrinky things at Thanos and then squish him.. job done.

Spoiler =
And what the f**k did michelle pfeiffer eat and entertain herself with for 30 bloody years?

The stuff you bring up is a large part of the reason I didn't like the film. I actually thought the script was a mess, enough that I had trouble enjoying all the obviously fun parts.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:06 am

Death Proof wrote:

I believe it was either shown or insinuated that
there was a micro-city down there where she had been living.

:D Well thats handy

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 am

16th
Reservoir Dogs
(1992)

Six criminals, who are strangers to each other, are hired by a crime boss, Joe Cabot, to carry out a diamond robbery. Right at the outset, they are given false names with the intention that they won't get too close and will concentrate on the job instead. They are completely sure that the robbery is going to be a success. But, when the police show up right at the time and the site of the robbery, panic spreads amongst the group members, and two of them are killed in the subsequent shootout, along with a few policemen and civilians. When the remaining people assemble at the premeditated rendezvous point (a warehouse), they begin to suspect that one of them is an undercover cop.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vayksn4Y93A

Not so great second time around as theres hardly any action and all set virtually in a warehouse... i'm surprised this isn't a play yet?

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:36 am

15th
Gone Baby Gone
(2007)

When 4 year old Amanda McCready disappears from her home and the police make little headway in solving the case, the girl's aunt Beatrice McCready hires two private detectives Patrick Kenzie and Angie Gennaro. The detectives freely admit that they have little experience with this type of case, but the family wants them for two reasons - they're not cops and they know the tough Boston neighborhood in which they all live. As the case progresses, Kenzie and Gennaro face drug dealers, gangs and pedophiles. When they are about to solve their case, they are faced with a moral dilemma that could tear them apart.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyT0_wfQR2Y

Actress Amy Ryan looked and sounded so convincing as a low class Dorchester mom, that a security guard mistook her for a fan on the first day of location filming, and wouldn't let her on the set. - Trivia

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:43 am

I love Reservoir Dogs.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:45 am

14th
The Entitled
(2011)

Paul Dynan's life is turned upside down when he decides to kidnap three young socialites and hold them ransom to save his family. Things spiral out of control when his psychotic partners get trigger happy and his victims come with their own surprises. When blood is shed and his perfect plan goes horribly wrong, Dynan must fight to stay one step ahead of his own twisted game.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgX1pDIonac&t=37s

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:52 am

Rumpled wrote:
16th
Reservoir Dogs
(1992)

Six criminals, who are strangers to each other, are hired by a crime boss, Joe Cabot, to carry out a diamond robbery. Right at the outset, they are given false names with the intention that they won't get too close and will concentrate on the job instead. They are completely sure that the robbery is going to be a success. But, when the police show up right at the time and the site of the robbery, panic spreads amongst the group members, and two of them are killed in the subsequent shootout, along with a few policemen and civilians. When the remaining people assemble at the premeditated rendezvous point (a warehouse), they begin to suspect that one of them is an undercover cop.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vayksn4Y93A

Not so great second time around as theres hardly any action and all set virtually in a warehouse... i'm surprised this isn't a play yet?

:up:

That's funny - "Stuck in the Middle With You" just came up on my Pandora as I was reading this.

Turning into butterflies above our nation

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
I love Reservoir Dogs.

...and "Gone Baby Gone".

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 am

13th
Hell or High Water
(2016)

In Texas, after the death of his mother, the unemployed oil and gas worker Toby Howard is losing his ranch to the Texas Midlands Bank. Toby is divorced from his wife who lives with their two sons. When his brother Tanner Howard is released from the prison, they team up to rob agencies of the Texas Midlands Bank to raise money to pay the loan so that Toby may leave the real estate to his sons. Meanwhile the Texas Ranger Marcus Hamilton who is near retirement and his Indian descendant partner Alberto Parker try to anticipate the next move of the thieves.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzw4wkHtEt4

The film is dedicated to David John Mackenzie (1929-2015) and Ursula Sybil Mackenzie (1940-2015), the parents of director David Mackenzie. Both died while he was making this film. - Trivia :(

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:58 am

Death Proof wrote:

That's funny - "Stuck in the Middle With You" just came up on my Pandora as I was reading this.

When we were doing 13 Horror Movies with a Location in the Title i was going to do 10 Rillington Place after someone put 10 Cloverfield Lane, but i thought it was too obscure. Then my uncle flicked through the channels minutes later and it was on TV :shock:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:03 am

12th
Unsane
(2018)

Sawyer Valentini relocates from Boston to Pennsylvania to escape from the man who's been stalking her for the last two years. While consulting with a therapist, Valentini unwittingly signs in for a voluntary 24-hour commitment to the Highland Creek Behavioral Center. Her stay at the facility soon gets extended when doctors and nurses begin to question her sanity. Sawyer now believes that one of the staffers is her stalker -- and she'll do whatever it takes to stay alive and fight her way out.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KZrt_cHH0

It is great but why oh why is it made with that cheap film school camera style? :(

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:14 am

11th
Hold the Dark
(2018)

Retired naturalist and wolf expert Russell Core journeys to the edge of civilization in northern Alaska at the pleading of Medora Slone, a young mother whose son was killed by a pack of wolves. As Core attempts to help Medora track down the wolves who took her son, a strange and dangerous relationship develops between the two lonely souls. But when Medora's husband Vernon returns home from the Iraq War, the news of his child's death ignites a violent chain of events. As local cop Donald Marium races to stop Vernon's vengeful rampage, Core is forced on a perilous odyssey into the heart of darkness.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFAwDO6b5KI

Any one who has been to Alaska and other far regions of this Earth .....knows that Out there there are Forces aka Demons ready to posses free minds and make them do horrific things....just like what the Natives used to do. - Youtube :shifty:

Captain Terror :up:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:40 am

10th
Blue Ruin
(2013)

The film follows a mysterious outsider whose quiet life is turned upside down when he returns to his childhood home to carry out an act of vengeance. Proving himself an amateur assassin, he winds up in a brutal fight to protect his estranged family.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMs46Lg7a4

Jeremy Saulnier revealed in an audience Q and A that the reason the Pontiac has bullet holes in it at the beginning of the story is because it is the same car that Dwight's parents were murdered in by Big Wade Cleland. - Trivia

Well i never :)

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:52 am

Rumpled wrote:
21st
Gone
(2013)

In the new suspense thriller Gone, Jill Parrish (Amanda Seyfried) comes home from a night shift to discover her sister Molly has been abducted. Jill, who had escaped from a kidnapper a year before, is convinced that the same serial killer has come back for her sister. Afraid that Molly will be dead by sundown, Jill embarks on a heart-pounding chase to find the killer, expose his secrets and save her sister.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giRMhrOdVzg

11% Tomatometer :shock:

I can't believe that this one only has an 11%. That's ridiculous. I saw it in the theater with a crowd that really enjoyed it. I think that the worst you can say about it is that it's maybe kind of average? But I liked the relationship between the sisters and I thought that Seyfried was really solid in the lead role. Also, I really appreciated the PG-13 aspect to the violence. It was scary without needing any graphic torture or rape.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:52 am

9th
Mission Impossible: Fallout
(2018)

Two years after Ethan Hunt had successfully captured Solomon Lane, the remnants of the Syndicate have reformed into another organization called the Apostles. Under the leadership of a mysterious fundamentalist known only as John Lark, the organization is planning on acquiring three plutonium cores. Ethan and his team are sent to Berlin to intercept them, but the mission fails when Ethan saves Luther and the Apostles escape with the plutonium. With CIA agent August Walker joining the team, Ethan and his allies must now find the plutonium cores before it's too late.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb49-oV0F78

^ Don't you just hate those f**king trailers that have a trailer before the trailer ^ :x

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:00 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I can't believe that this one only has an 11%. That's ridiculous. I saw it in the theater with a crowd that really enjoyed it. I think that the worst you can say about it is that it's maybe kind of average? But I liked the relationship between the sisters and I thought that Seyfried was really solid in the lead role. Also, I really appreciated the PG-13 aspect to the violence. It was scary without needing any graphic torture or rape.

I think it's also lack of big stars, like everyone loves The Cell and that's certified rotten on rottentomatoes? :shock:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:05 am

8th
Cold Skin
(2017)

In 1914, just after of Franz Ferdinand's assassination that eventually caused World War I, a steamship approaches a desolate island on the edge of the Antarctic Circle, where a young nameless man is poised to take the post of weather observer, to live in solitude at the ends of the earth for an entire year until the arrival of his replacement. For the next twelve months, his entire world will consist of a deserted cabin, the surrounding sea, and dangerous strange beings that he discovers are sharing the island.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FOi4YZCDM

Spoiler =
Fish rape is so in right now
:shock:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:15 am

7th
Sicario 2: Soldado
(2018)

In this adventure/drama, FBI agent Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) enlists a mysterious operative to help investigate a Mexican drug cartel that has been smuggling terrorists into the U.S. Things escalate when the daughter of a top kingpin is abducted, forcing Graver and his partner to re-evaluate their mission.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMChzE_aCo

The first installment in the series was titled "Sicario," a Spanish word that translates to "hitman" in English. "Soldado" in English means "soldier." - Trivia

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:20 am

6th
Rob the Mob
(2014)

New York City, 1991. Small-time crooks TOMMY (Pitt) and ROSIE (Arianda) have two things in common: a crazy-passionate love for one another and-after they're caught robbing a florist on Valentine's Day-prison records. Trying to go straight, Rosie lands a job at a debt-collection agency and persuades Tommy to join her. But soon end up robbing mafia social clubs and stumble upon a score bigger than they could ever imagine, becoming targets of both the mob and the FBI in the process.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUl58PMaxIY

The fact that this is true makes it even more hilarious :P

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:32 am

5th
Bad Samaritan
(2018)

In Portland, the amateurish photographer Sean Falco works with his best friend Derek Sandoval as valet at a fancy restaurant. His girlfriend Riley Seabrook studies in a university and he is estranged of his stepfather. Sean and Derek are also smalltime burglars, stealing the houses of the costumers while they are eating in the restaurant. One day, the obnoxious client Cale Erendreich arrives at the restaurant driving a Maserati and Sean drives his car back to his house using the computer and Derek watches Cale in the restaurant. While snooping around the house, Sean finds a locked room and when he opens the door, he stumbles upon a woman tied to a chair with chains and gagged. He unsuccessfully tries to release her but he is forced to return to the restaurant with the Maserati. Sean decides to call the police, but Cale lures the police officers and turns Sean's life upside-down.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4bYRfwgQ0

Everyone :up:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:38 am

4th
Go
(1999)

Eighteen-year-old Ronna (Sarah Polley), accompanied by reluctant partner-in-crime and fellow supermarket checkout clerk Claire, is desperately looking to score some rent money before she's evicted. Simon, an impulsive Brit, is driving a stolen car with buddy Marcus during a wild night of partying on the Las Vegas strip. Adam and Zack, a pair of TV stars, find themselves in the middle of a real-life drug sting-and a very creepy Christmas dinner. Where are we? Who are these people? Welcome to the edgy comedy GO, in which the outrageous misadventures of a group of young people collide in Los Angeles' raucous underground scene.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7goCiIlF6Q

Yes it's a rewatch :up:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:43 am

3rd
Tombstone
(1993)

After success cleaning up Dodge City, Wyatt Earp moves to Tombstone, Arizona, and wishes to get rich in obscurity. He meets his brothers there, as well as his old friend Doc Holliday. A band of outlaws that call themselves The Cowboys are causing problems in the region with various acts of random violence, and inevitably come into confrontation with Holliday and the Earps, which leads to a shoot-out at the O.K. Corral.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTWYKf5hXIg

This was actually my first time :shock:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:49 am

2nd
Stonehearst Asylum
(2014)

A couple of days before 1899 Christmas, the Oxford new graduate Dr. Edward Newgate arrives at the Stonehearst Asylum to complete training for his specialty of asylum medicine. He is met by armed men who take him to Dr. Silas Lamb, who welcomes his help and takes him under his wing. Edward is shocked to see the methods that Dr Lamb uses to run this asylum. He becomes infatuated with Eliza Graves, one of the patients who is a lady of status and does not seem to belong. One night, Edward overhears a knocking from the bowels of the facility and is shocked to find that everything is not as it seems in this place and that his uneasy feelings may be justified.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rawTSQ1RKQ0

Well this sure went under the radar!!!

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:56 am

1st
Repo Man
(1984)

Frustrated punk rocker Otto quits his supermarket job after slugging a co-worker, and is later dumped by his girlfriend at a party. Wandering the streets in frustration, he is recruited in the repossession of a car by a repo agent. After discovering his parents have donated his college fund to a televangelist, he joins the repossession agency (Helping Hand Acceptance Corporation) as an apprentice "repo man". During his training, he is introduced into the mercenary and paranoid world of the drivers, befriended by a UFO conspiracy theorist, confronted by rival repo agents, discovers some of his one-time friends have turned to a life of crime, is lectured to near cosmic unconsciousness by the repo agency grounds worker, and finds himself entangled in a web of intrigue concerning a huge repossession bounty on a 1964 Chevy Malibu driven by a lunatic government scientist, with Top Secret cargo in the trunk.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

OK after 34 years... Now i get it :D

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 am

Hottie of the Month

Miss September Christina Applegate (Hall Pass)

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:08 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I'm one of the 89 percent. I concede that Seyfried was decent and it wasn't noxious in its story. But like The Call, it had some silly plot twists in the final third as our lead turns from detective to hero. I felt like The Call did a better job of establishing their lead and her heartbreak and was more realistic about what she could and couldn't do, while Gone played the game of how many crimes can she possibly commit before finding the person responsible.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 am

Rumpled wrote:
11th
Hold the Dark
(2018)

Any one who has been to Alaska and other far regions of this Earth .....knows that Out there there are Forces aka Demons ready to posses free minds and make them do horrific things....just like what the Natives used to do. - Youtube :shifty:

Um... wut?

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:12 am

Rumpled wrote:
1st
Repo Man
(1984)

Frustrated punk rocker Otto quits his supermarket job after slugging a co-worker, and is later dumped by his girlfriend at a party. Wandering the streets in frustration, he is recruited in the repossession of a car by a repo agent. After discovering his parents have donated his college fund to a televangelist, he joins the repossession agency (Helping Hand Acceptance Corporation) as an apprentice "repo man". During his training, he is introduced into the mercenary and paranoid world of the drivers, befriended by a UFO conspiracy theorist, confronted by rival repo agents, discovers some of his one-time friends have turned to a life of crime, is lectured to near cosmic unconsciousness by the repo agency grounds worker, and finds himself entangled in a web of intrigue concerning a huge repossession bounty on a 1964 Chevy Malibu driven by a lunatic government scientist, with Top Secret cargo in the trunk.
9/10

Should be higher.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:16 am

More quick hits.

I'm your huckleberry.

Saw Reservoir Dogs for the first time a couple of years ago and I'll concede that it could easily be turned into a play, outside of that one scene, The big difference between that and Free Fire is that we got the scene in the diner and in the planning meeting that these people were human and were at least somewhat likable. Which means that when we see them at their lowest post-robbery, it reveals dimensions that couldn't be told due to their pseudonyms.

Free Fire tried, oh did it try with that one John Denver song to create something memorable. But nope.

Haven't seen Go, Superbad or Repo Man. Looks like I should go for them, then.

May have also confirmed me giving Unsane a shot.

In Blue Ruin, I appreciated the part involving William and how it ties into the plot as a whole.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 am

Rumpled wrote:
11th
Hold the Dark
(2018)

Retired naturalist and wolf expert Russell Core journeys to the edge of civilization in northern Alaska at the pleading of Medora Slone, a young mother whose son was killed by a pack of wolves. As Core attempts to help Medora track down the wolves who took her son, a strange and dangerous relationship develops between the two lonely souls. But when Medora's husband Vernon returns home from the Iraq War, the news of his child's death ignites a violent chain of events. As local cop Donald Marium races to stop Vernon's vengeful rampage, Core is forced on a perilous odyssey into the heart of darkness.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFAwDO6b5KI

Captain Terror :up:

Finally! Another person who likes this movie. Everyone else seems to really hate it.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:04 am
Profile WWW

Rumpled wrote:
1st
Repo Man
(1984)

9/10

I blame... society.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:18 am

I cannot dispute Repo Man coming out on top of virtually any list it's on.

But I will contend that both Reservoir Dogs and Killing Zoe are both much better than, say, Hell or High Water. I won't deny that this was due to the quality of the "talking" in each of them, interesting words out of interesting characters' mouths, interesting words that certainly didn't taint any of the cardboard characters in HoHW.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:32 am

Rumpled wrote:
45th
The 10th Victim
(1965)

A campy futuristic tale where people hunt one another for sport. In this film, Victim and Hunter run around Italy trying to score a kill in front of the movie crews they arranged so they could make commercials from the footage.

I saw this one recently as well, and although it is very silly, I liked it a bit more than you did. I liked its parody of Swinging London, Mod Fashion, James Bond cool - all of which is done so well that it looks just as dated as its targets.

I also can't hate a film that so accurately predicted the reality game show. I mean, in most ways Survivor is still a lot more dystopian, corrupt and cynical than anything here, and that's even if we ignored Petri's not-so-subtle capitalist critique.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 am

Rumpled wrote:
[size=200][b]2nd

Well this sure went under the radar!!!

I liked this one quite a bit. It does follow Anderson's usual pattern of "build atmosphere, build atmosphere, *scene of horrific violence*, resolution". But I thought the performances were pretty good, and I genuinely appreciated the advocacy for treating mentally ill people humanely and the point it made about the people in control actually being more dangerous. Also, I liked the ending.

Apex Predator wrote:
I'm one of the 89 percent. I concede that Seyfried was decent and it wasn't noxious in its story. But like The Call, it had some silly plot twists in the final third as our lead turns from detective to hero. I felt like The Call did a better job of establishing their lead and her heartbreak and was more realistic about what she could and couldn't do, while Gone played the game of how many crimes can she possibly commit before finding the person responsible.

I can understand not loving it, but can't quite understand disliking it.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:21 am

Death Proof wrote:

I blame... society.

That's bullshit.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 am

Wooley wrote:
That's bullshit.

Plate. Shrimp. Or plate of shrimp.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:54 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I can understand not loving it, but can't quite understand disliking it.

I did dislike it, but I didn't hate it. I gave it a D+. Kinda wish I had written something down on Letterboxd because I don't remember all that much about it.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:50 am

Apex Predator wrote:

I did dislike it, but I didn't hate it. I gave it a D+. Kinda wish I had written something down on Letterboxd because I don't remember all that much about it.

D+? Ouch.

I thought the performances were good, the relationship between the sisters well portrayed, and that it was no stupider than most other thrillers of this type. I'd easily give it a B or B+. One of the more enjoyable theater experiences I had that year.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:10 am

Apex Predator wrote:

I did dislike it, but I didn't hate it. I gave it a D+

Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 am

Hate on my thoughts all you want, Rumpled. Just understand it's my opinion and you have yours and that's fine. :up:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:30 am

Apex Predator wrote:
Hate on my thoughts all you want, Rumpled. Just understand it's my opinion and you have yours and that's fine. :up:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:18 pm

October (Horror Frenzy)

83rd (2018)
Charles has purchased a vintage RV with the hopes of taking his family on a road trip to reconcile with his two sons, a promise he made to his wife before she recently passed. His oldest son, Steve, his wife Jennifer (Denise Richards), their daughter and family dog, are excited for the excursion, however, his youngest son Jay is less than enthusiastic. Along the way, the family picks up Samantha (Mischa Barton) and her brother, broken down on the side of the highway. Before they get them to a service station in the next town, however, Charles insists on taking a detour into the desert to visit a landmark and they soon get lost. Now stranded in the desert, the unsuspecting group is blindsided by the terrible secrets they discover within the walls of the RV and find themselves in the fight of their lives.
1/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAj7QnZ64o

I know the idea of a killer R.V. sounds fun, but this film is made in a serious way and just plain dreadful :down:

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 pm

82nd (1957)
Susan Winter undertakes an expedition to a remote area of Mexico, hoping to find her fiance, Bruce Barton, whos plane-crashed there some time ago. The area is suspected to have a good supply of uranium, so Susan has promoted this to wealthy Martin Melville to get money for her expenses. In addition to Melville, she is accompanied by guide Russ Bradford and pilot Lee Brand in his small-engine craft. But the plane crashes, stranding the four in an isolated valley, which they soon discover is highly radioactive and inhabited by mutated life forms - giant insects, enormous lizards, and a 25-foot-tall human male with a deformed face, just one eye, and only brute animal instincts to feed and protect its turf.
1/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKzrALaaOOE

Why did the cyclops have to close his school??? ...because he only had one pupil. :D

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 pm

81st (2018)
Young Noa and Michael are put in the care of their new nanny, Leonor, whom Noa suspects is a malicious supernatural being. Dismissed by those around her, Noa works to uncover Leonor's true identity but soon finds far more than she bargained for herself.
1/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYaGo6SGLqM

Don't get roped in by that lovely poster... it's so bad, you'll be in the fetal position by the end :shock:

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Rumpled wrote:
82nd (1957)
Susan Winter undertakes an expedition to a remote area of Mexico, hoping to find her fiance, Bruce Barton, whos plane-crashed there some time ago. The area is suspected to have a good supply of uranium, so Susan has promoted this to wealthy Martin Melville to get money for her expenses. In addition to Melville, she is accompanied by guide Russ Bradford and pilot Lee Brand in his small-engine craft. But the plane crashes, stranding the four in an isolated valley, which they soon discover is highly radioactive and inhabited by mutated life forms - giant insects, enormous lizards, and a 25-foot-tall human male with a deformed face, just one eye, and only brute animal instincts to feed and protect its turf.
1/10

Why did the cyclops have to close his school??? ...because he only had one pupil. :D

I had to fast forward this movie or mute it, can't remember, during the cyclops' appearances. The endless fucking moaning drove me insane.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Rumpled wrote:
82nd (1957)
1/10

I had to fast forward this movie or mute it, can't remember, during the cyclops' appearances. The endless fucking moaning drove me insane. Neat poster though.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 pm

80th (2012)
The story follows Dusty, a yoga instructor from Colorado, who is on a desperate rescue mission to save her crazy brother Derek, a conspiracy theorist who is convinced Osama bin Laden is still alive, despite having been buried at sea. In Afghanistan, Dusty falls in with a team of NATO special forces on a secret assignment. Turns out Derek is not so crazy after all, and that Osama has returned from his watery grave and is making an army of zombie terrorists. When the group crashes headlong into the growing zombie apocalypse, Dusty and the troops must find and destroy the root of the zombie insurgency before it infests the rest of the world.
2/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7N4dPjgvY

Yeah the manic pixie dreamgirl "cammy from streetfighter" chick is badass, but a painfully cheap film that relys on it's silly title :(

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Mischa Barton and Denise Richards made a terrible movie in 2018? I find this hard to believe. :)

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:53 pm

79th (2017)
A young woman wakes up in a seemingly evacuated hospital with a hurricane approaching and realizes the storm has awakened malevolent forces. It has caused her to be trapped in a time loop, and she must escape the hospital before the storm passes or she will be trapped there forever.
2/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3a-l0GXVOc

"Inoperable" is insufferable. - rottentomatoes :P

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next