It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest 
Post Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Rumpled wrote:
11th (2016)
As midnight falls, all manner of terror invades the Earth. Demons, cannibals, killers, ghosts and monsters swarm the world in these tales of the supernatural, the fantastic, and the just plain horrific. Featuring nine stories hand-picked through Rue Morgue and Unstable Ground's long-running genre film festival Little Terrors, prepare to see some of the finest the world of fright has to offer. Be warned: these tales are not for the faint of heart.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqbGypde40&t=38s

Best horror anthology i've seen for a loooooong while :up:

Definitely added to next October queue.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:38 am

Would You Rather definitely made me squirm but it wasn't unbearable. And I'm pretty squeamish.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:43 am

Wooley wrote:
Nope. Not for me.

Ok ok ok
the only squemish bit is a guy slits his own eyeball in a bid to win
:(

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:48 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Ultimately, In Fear was a bit too mean spirited for me to enjoy it. And I actually didn't find it that scary.

I like the fact that that film must have cost like £350 to make and still had me intrigued ;)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:55 am

Rumpled wrote:

I like the fact that that film must have cost like £350 to make and still had me intrigued ;)

I was intrigued and wanted to see how it all played out, but I remember having several issues with plot points. And then to end the film with the
shot in the trunk
was just to much for me.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:12 am

Nope, not watching the modern remake of Last House on the Left again.

It's not so much the gleeful pleasure they take in going after those that deserve it that bothered me so much, it's the whole

Hey, you know, your kid is dying...can't you stop your game to get her to a hospital or something first?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:55 am

Deleted, wrong thread.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm

10th (1987)
A family-values man named Jerry Blake marries widows and divorcées with children in search of the perfect family. As soon as his new family members show signs of being human and not robots who will march unquestioningly to his tune, his dreams of domestic bliss begin to crumble, and he kills them. Then he alters his appearance, assumes a new identity, and skips to another town to begin the deadly ritual all over again. He marries Susan Maine, who sees him as the ideal surrogate father for her teenage daughter Stephanie, and he is soon up to his old tricks when she proves to be too much of a troublesome teen to handle.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6dg84FhA9k

"Every time his finger writes on the glass it sounds like the alarm from the Rogue One trailer" - youtube :D It does as well

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 pm

9th (2018)
Five emotionally fragile teens are committed to Blackwood, a mysterious school for gifted girls. Mesmerized by the intense head mistress Madame Duret, they think they have found a place where they can finally flourish academically and artistically. The mystery deepens as they break through layer after layer of misdirection to discover the true, horrifying purpose of the school.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwHoY2dVZLE

"No one survries this place" Seems like something they might want to put in the brochure." - youtube :D

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:35 pm

8th (2012)
In an isolated, slowly dying mining town, children are vanishing without a trace - abducted, the townsfolk whisper, by a mysterious entity known locally as The Tall Man. Town nurse Julia Denning (Jessica Biel) seems skeptical...until her young David disappears in the middle of night. Frantic to rescue the boy, Julia lives every parent's darkest nightmare in this twisting, shock-around-each-corner thriller
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nB_2lTp5s

A rewatch.. cause i love it's most questionableness :P

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:42 pm

7th (2012)
This movie is about A cab driver called Bob (Vincent D'Onofrio) who picks up women and takes them to his house where he kills them. But on this one day he picks up a woman and her 9 year old son Tim. Bob then makes Tim live in the house with him all while he keeps killing women. Tim grows up there, watching, seeing all that happens. Bob wants to make him his protégé. Will Tim carry on the legacy?
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uney3BbKyjU

"I will never take a cab again" - youtube

This one really does get under your skin thanks to vincents performance.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:52 pm

6th (2001)
The time is 1979. Jimmy Bones is respected and loved as the neighborhood protector. When he is betrayed and brutally murdered by a corrupt cop, Bones' elegant brownstone becomes his tomb, Twenty-two years later, the neighborhood has become a ghetto, and his home has turned into a Gothic ruin. Four teens renovate it as an after hours nightclub, unknowingly releasing Jimmy's tortured spirit. Its thrills and chills when blood spills when Jimmy's ghost sets about its frightful revenge, his killers unaware of the gruesome fate that awaits them. With each new victim, the terror mounts, and Bones' vengeance spins out of control, threatening everyone in his path, including his former lover, Pearl. Get ready for Bones!!!
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmnAVbpbLIA

My high rating is really cause i thought it would suck butt, but found it a great kinda silly film perfect for halloween night :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 pm

5th (1983-1990)
In Richard Franklin's 'Psycho 2' (1983), ex-motel owner Norman Bates (Perkins reprising the role) has spent most of his adult life in a secure prison, following the murders he committed some 20 years before. Judged sane by a psychiatric report, Norman is released and returns to his gothic family home. However, when he takes in a young, female lodger, the old demons seem about to resurface. 'Psycho 3' (1986) was directed by Perkins. A runaway nun seeks refuge at the Bates Motel, where Norman (Perkins) is still in charge. Unfortunately for her, she has the same initials as Marion Crane, the woman he stabbed to death in the original film, and she triggers off some shower-related memories in him. A fledgling love affair begins between the two, but his demanding 'mother' is not happy with her son's choice of partner and is determined to exert her parental influence. Finally, 'Psycho 4' (1990) sees Joseph Stefano, the screenwriter of the original 'Psycho', return to script this instalment. Perkins again revives Norman Bates, apparently completely reformed and happily married to a psychologist. However, a phone-in show on matricide stirs up all his old problems and he embarks on another stalk and slash crusade.
8/10
Well i never... = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULOCG0YXPwY

OK i actually rewatched 2, 3 & 4 cause it's been awhile and yep i still love em :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:12 pm

4th (2018)
A lonely 18-year-old high schooler opens up to her reflection because of the lack of support she has from family and her peers. She switches place with her supportive, but evil, twin that she discovers in the mirror's reflection, but the newfound freedom unleashes suppressed feelings.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKborq8FgM0

2 extra points for India pleasuring herself in the bathroom :up:

She's 25 btw :shifty:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:18 pm

3rd (2016)
A couple's romantic camping trip becomes a desperate fight for survival in this ultra-raw, unhinged kill ride. In need of a break from the pressures of their life in the city, Sam (Harriet Dyer) and Ian (Ian Meadows) head to a remote beach for a weekend getaway. When they come across an abandoned campsite, with no trace of its occupants, they're concerned. When they discover a lone, traumatized child nearby, they're scared. And when they encounter two local weirdos, they're in for a hell of a bad time. Unfolding in an innovative, time-scrambling structure, Killing Ground delivers both nerve-shredding suspense and gut-punching realism.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7EpeeGkkt0

Tell me someone else has seen this so we can discuss how awesome that scene with the baby was (you know the one) :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:29 pm

2nd (2017)
Victorian London is gripped with fear as a serial killer is on the loose and leaving cryptic messages written in the blood of his victims. With few leads and increasing public pressure, Scotland Yard assigns the case to Inspector Kildare, a seasoned detective who has a sneaking suspicion that he's being set up to fail. Faced with a long list of suspects, Kildare must rely on help from a witness to stop the murders and bring the maniac to justice.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8EJAyk01kk

A Rewatch.. what can i say i'm a sucker for these victorian london Jack the bodice rippers :)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:36 pm

1st (2011)
One of the smartest and most terrifying films in years, YOU'RE NEXT reinvents the genre by putting a fresh twist on home-invasion horror. When a gang of masked, ax-wielding murderers descend upon the Davison family reunion, the hapless victims seem trapped...until an unlikely guest of the family proves to be the most talented killer of all.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez0YcXsWL8I

A Rewatch.. yep it's still brilliant and aussie women really are like that :D

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Hottie of the Month

Miss October India Eisley (Look Away & My Sweet Audriana)

Holy shit her mom's Olivia Hussey.. this explains a lot :up:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 pm

Wooley wrote:
Ok, who failed to tell me about The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina?
Who dropped the ball?

I told you all about it in the Horrorcram thread.

Rumpled wrote:

This one really does get under your skin thanks to vincents performance.

I think that the performances are definitely its strength (I thought that the boy and the girl were also pretty good). I watched it because of D'Onofrio, despite my hesitations about yet another rape/torture type film. I appreciated the end in terms of some unexpected parts to the plot (especially when the
new wife finds out about what the husband did)

I did have mixed feelings about how at the end
we don't know what happened to the girl. Did he let her go? Or is he keeping her prisoner? It seemed pretty much like the film was showing that Rabbit was rejecting the idea of hurting people, so why not even one shot to show us that Angie has escaped or that Rabbit is leaving with her? Why leave that ambiguous? It just felt unnecessary leaving the audience hanging on that point.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Takoma1 wrote:

I think that the performances are definitely its strength (I thought that the boy and the girl were also pretty good). I watched it because of D'Onofrio, despite my hesitations about yet another rape/torture type film. I appreciated the end in terms of some unexpected parts to the plot (especially when the
new wife finds out about what the husband did)

:up:

I did have mixed feelings about how at the end
we don't know what happened to the girl. Did he let her go? Or is he keeping her prisoner? It seemed pretty much like the film was showing that Rabbit was rejecting the idea of hurting people, so why not even one shot to show us that Angie has escaped or that Rabbit is leaving with her? Why leave that ambiguous? It just felt unnecessary leaving the audience hanging on that point.

Those endings are all the fashion nowadays.. Captain Terror will love it :up:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:07 am

Rumpled wrote:

When an ending confuses everybody, I don't feel so dumb for not getting it. :D

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I was intrigued and wanted to see how it all played out, but I remember having several issues with plot points. And then to end the film with the
shot in the trunk
was just to much for me.

The trunk reveal was rather disturbing ;)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 am

Rumpled wrote:

What was your take on the end? It seemed like they were strongly implying that he
wanted to save her or let her go. Nothing that happened in the house with his dad seemed to "turn" him into a killer. So why leave that ambiguous? I felt like it was obvious that he wasn't going to keep her captive, so why not show that?

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:58 am

Takoma1 wrote:

What was your take on the end? It seemed like they were strongly implying that he
wanted to save her or let her go. Nothing that happened in the house with his dad seemed to "turn" him into a killer. So why leave that ambiguous? I felt like it was obvious that he wasn't going to keep her captive, so why not show that?

I assumed he...
was gonna keep her captive

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:18 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I've been meaning to ask if any familiarity with the current Riverdale series is a requirement to enjoy Sabrina. Because I have none.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 am

Rumpled wrote:

I assumed he...
was gonna keep her captive

Boo! Boo I say!!!

What do you think
would have changed his mind about that? It just never seemed to me like his anger would be directed at her, and he was always sympathetic towards her.

Captain Terror wrote:
I've been meaning to ask if any familiarity with the current Riverdale series is a requirement to enjoy Sabrina. Because I have none.

That's fine. There are a few little winks (like at one point a character mentions someone going to school in Riverdale), but it's like how you can watch Thor without having seen Iron Man. Even more so.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:37 am

Rumpled wrote:
9th (2018)
Five emotionally fragile teens are committed to Blackwood, a mysterious school for gifted girls. Mesmerized by the intense head mistress Madame Duret, they think they have found a place where they can finally flourish academically and artistically. The mystery deepens as they break through layer after layer of misdirection to discover the true, horrifying purpose of the school.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwHoY2dVZLE

"No one survries this place" Seems like something they might want to put in the brochure." - youtube :D

Oh wow, this movie came and went didn't it?
I was kinda marginally interested in seeing it and didn't even realize it had already come through theaters.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:42 am

Rumpled wrote:
8th (2012)
In an isolated, slowly dying mining town, children are vanishing without a trace - abducted, the townsfolk whisper, by a mysterious entity known locally as The Tall Man. Town nurse Julia Denning (Jessica Biel) seems skeptical...until her young David disappears in the middle of night. Frantic to rescue the boy, Julia lives every parent's darkest nightmare in this twisting, shock-around-each-corner thriller
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nB_2lTp5s

A rewatch.. cause i love it's most questionableness :P

Can you elaborate on this?

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 am

Rumpled wrote:
2nd (2017)
Victorian London is gripped with fear as a serial killer is on the loose and leaving cryptic messages written in the blood of his victims. With few leads and increasing public pressure, Scotland Yard assigns the case to Inspector Kildare, a seasoned detective who has a sneaking suspicion that he's being set up to fail. Faced with a long list of suspects, Kildare must rely on help from a witness to stop the murders and bring the maniac to justice.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8EJAyk01kk

A Rewatch.. what can i say i'm a sucker for these victorian london Jack the bodice rippers :)

I'm in.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:47 am

Rumpled wrote:
1st (2011)
One of the smartest and most terrifying films in years, YOU'RE NEXT reinvents the genre by putting a fresh twist on home-invasion horror. When a gang of masked, ax-wielding murderers descend upon the Davison family reunion, the hapless victims seem trapped...until an unlikely guest of the family proves to be the most talented killer of all.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez0YcXsWL8I

A Rewatch.. yep it's still brilliant and aussie women really are like that :D

Ok, this is MY surprise of the month.
I would give this movie like somewhere between a 6 and a 7.
Everything it does well early it seems to undermine late.
The story surrounding the central character is great but they do not put that good a movie around it.
Sorry, I must be cranky this morning, but that was how I felt when I saw it.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 am

Wooley wrote:
Can you elaborate on this?

Well i can't without ruining major plot points :(

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:50 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I don't feel like you stressed how this lands in the center of my wheelhouse like The Hulk fell from the sky through the roof of my Sanctum Sanctorum.
And everybody else just failed.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:52 am

Captain Terror wrote:

I don't know what Riverdale is. And I'm right in on this. I was trying to get away from the genre for a while, but I'm just enjoying this too much. Like they came to my house and said, "Hey, Logan, write a screenplay for us about everything you think is awesome in the universe of Halloween."
I mean, to be honest, I'm just wrapping up the first episode, but I've bought my ticket for this ride.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:55 am

Rumpled wrote:

Well i can't without ruining major plot points :(

Gotcha.
I liked the movie, I thought it was a real surprise. I thought it was gonna be one thing, which would have been crap, but then it was another thing, which was really refreshing and really won me over to the film. Also I thought Biel showed again that she is good and deserves work. I feel like she got labelled because of her looks and therefore doesn't get the opportunities she should. Like how Hemsworth took forever to convince people he could do comedy because he was just the big pretty boy.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:58 am

Wooley wrote:
Gotcha.
I liked the movie, I thought it was a real surprise. I thought it was gonna be one thing, which would have been crap, but then it was another thing, which was really refreshing and really won me over to the film. Also I thought Biel showed again that she is good and deserves work. I feel like she got labelled because of her looks and therefore doesn't get the opportunities she should. Like how Hemsworth took forever to convince people he could do comedy because he was just the big pretty boy.

Oh ok you've seen it :)
I just like the debatable is what her and her husband doing really for the greater good and like you say how it suddenly changes into a completely different film.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:02 am

Wooley wrote:
I liked the movie, I thought it was a real surprise. I thought it was gonna be one thing, which would have been crap, but then it was another thing, which was really refreshing and really won me over to the film.

This was my reaction as well. I almost turned it off early in fact, thinking I knew everything that was going to happen. Then that first curve ball happens and I was like "wait what?"

Check out Incident In a Ghostland by the same director because it does a similar thing. You think you know what you're watching until you realize you don't. :)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 am

Wooley wrote:
I don't know what Riverdale is.

They turned the Archie comics into a broody soap opera.

At least Sabrina has Kiernan Shipka, of the criminally underappreciated Blackcoat's Daughter.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:41 am

Jinnistan wrote:

I watched the first two episodes of Riverdale and I kinda hated it.

When they first announced that show, I thought it would be an adaptation of the comic series Afterlife with Archie (this is to this day the only thing I've ever read of Archie. I grew up on European comics and when I finally learned English I went straight to Watchmen and Transmetropolitan, I missed out on a lot of American classic comic book heroes)

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina sounds like a lot of fun.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 am
Profile WWW

Ya'll are crazy. Riverdale is over the top and hilarious and I think that like 80% of that is intentional. The colors and costumes are fabulous. It's the kind of show that packs two or three major plot twists into every episode. And the actor who plays Jughead is great.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:30 am

Slentert wrote:
When they first announced that show, I thought it would be an adaptation of the comic series Afterlife with Archie (this is to this day the only thing I've ever read of Archie. I grew up on European comics and when I finally learned English I went straight to Watchmen and Transmetropolitan, I missed out on a lot of American classic comic book heroes)

Here's the thing: Archie Comics have been around forever but in all my years I've yet to meet a solitary soul that ever bought them. To this day the supermarket next door has a stack of them in the checkout line. Who is buying them? That's a sincere question. If any of you are or ever were Archie readers I'd like to hear about it because it's something that's intrigued me forever.
(Granted, the current series has probably inspired some new interest but that doesn't explain how it hung on for so many decades before now).

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:48 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Ya'll are crazy. Riverdale is over the top and hilarious and I think that like 80% of that is intentional. The colors and costumes are fabulous. It's the kind of show that packs two or three major plot twists into every episode. And the actor who plays Jughead is great.

Cole Sprouse? One of the two kids from Big Daddy? OK.

No, haven't seen Riverdale. But it's not like I'm a huge fan of the source, so I might get with this one.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:00 am

Apex Predator wrote:

Cole Sprouse? One of the two kids from Big Daddy? OK.

No, haven't seen Riverdale. But it's not like I'm a huge fan of the source, so I might get with this one.

A good barometer might be how you felt about Brick, only Riverdale tips a little more toward soap opera than noir.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am

Captain Terror wrote:
This was my reaction as well. I almost turned it off early in fact, thinking I knew everything that was going to happen. Then that first curve ball happens and I was like "wait what?"

Check out Incident In a Ghostland by the same director because it does a similar thing. You think you know what you're watching until you realize you don't. :)

Great film Cap, you'll wet your bloomers wooley ;)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 am

Jinnistan wrote:

At least Sabrina has Kiernan Shipka, of the criminally underappreciated Blackcoat's Daughter.

Wait, that's HER?!!!
She was the bomb in BD, yo!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:35 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Here's the thing: Archie Comics have been around forever but in all my years I've yet to meet a solitary soul that ever bought them. To this day the supermarket next door has a stack of them in the checkout line. Who is buying them? That's a sincere question. If any of you are or ever were Archie readers I'd like to hear about it because it's something that's intrigued me forever.
(Granted, the current series has probably inspired some new interest but that doesn't explain how it hung on for so many decades before now).

Seriously, when my mom used to go to the used-book store on Aurora in Metairie (offa Veterans just a couple blocks before you get to Bonnabel), I would sit and go through their used comics while my mom went through the books (we did this together every weekend, which is partly where my love of books came from). The lady was nice and would really kinda let me just read 'em all as long as my mom bought some books. I would go through any Marvel stuff I could find but people tended not to trade that stuff in, usually skipped the DC cause it was candy-ass compared to Marvel, would sometimes read things like The Two-Gun Kid, or some of the DC war stuff like Sgt. Rock and Unknown Soldier, and, of course, any and all Horror comics she had.
And then there'd be the Archie comics. To me, they might well have been covered in visible leprosy. I was incredulous that anyone would want any of that awfulness. So childish (and I mean I was like 7 maybe 8 years old tops) and corny and... just... echhh.
I couldn't imagine anyone wanting them.
It should come as no surprise that she had a lot of 'em. Cause who would want them?

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 am

Takoma1 wrote:

I have to admit that I haven't seen the show, but some of the trailers for it looked like a failed SNL sketch. Like, not quite as unintentionally funny as the Twilight-ization of Teen Wolf, but along those lines. We'll be seeing an R-rated Casper and a Wolf of Wall Street-style Richie Rich before too long.

I can only pray that they get Todd Solandz to do Family Circle.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Wooley wrote:
Unknown Soldier

Man, this was a great comic. I also had his Brave & the Bold matchup with Batman.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
I have to admit that I haven't seen the show, but some of the trailers for it looked like a failed SNL sketch.

I think that it's worth watching one or two episodes to see the vibe they are going for. I haven't watched the second season, but the first season was a pretty interesting murder mystery. A huge plot point revolves around a family called the Blossoms whose legacy is that they produce amazing maple syrup. One character (a teenager) constantly wears a GIANT brooch that is shaped like a spider.

It's the kind of show that's hard to defend as being "good," but I enjoyed almost every minute of the season I watched. Archie is kind of lame, though. And he writes angsty teen boy rock songs that everyone in the show's universe seems to think are good. They are not. But the ladies who play Josie and the Pussycats are pretty great.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Wooley wrote:
And then there'd be the Archie comics. To me, they might well have been covered in visible leprosy.

Hilarious. Same here, I bought comics all the time but Archie just seemed so old-fashioned to me. The TV shows were off the air by the time I was old enough to be aware of such things, the "band" was no longer making records, and even when the MJ Hart series showed up I was unaware or had forgotten that it was an Archie spinoff. Then one day as an adult I noticed the Archie comics at the grocery checkout counter and was flabbergasted that it was still in production, and just sort of became fixated on it ever since.
My mom has worked with children all my life, as a teacher and a nanny. My best friend has been a teacher for 25 years. Many of my friends are parents, and even grandparents. Not ONE Archie reader have I ever known. ONE TIME at the grocery store I saw a young girl grab an Archie comic and bring it to her mother, and it was all I could do to refrain from grabbing her and interrogating her about it.
And listen, I've never read one in my life so I'm not even making a comment on its quality or appeal. It might be great for all I know. I'm just astounded that something can be so popular while showing absolutely no evidence that anyone reads it.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Captain Terror wrote:
Hilarious. Same here, I bought comics all the time but Archie just seemed so old-fashioned to me. The TV shows were off the air by the time I was old enough to be aware of such things, the "band" was no longer making records, and even when the MJ Hart series showed up I was unaware or had forgotten that it was an Archie spinoff. Then one day as an adult I noticed the Archie comics at the grocery checkout counter and was flabbergasted that it was still in production, and just sort of became fixated on it ever since.
My mom has worked with children all my life, as a teacher and a nanny. My best friend has been a teacher for 25 years. Many of my friends are parents, and even grandparents. Not ONE Archie reader have I ever known. ONE TIME at the grocery store I saw a young girl grab an Archie comic and bring it to her mother, and it was all I could do to refrain from grabbing her and interrogating her about it.
And listen, I've never read one in my life so I'm not even making a comment on its quality or appeal. It might be great for all I know. I'm just astounded that something can be so popular while showing absolutely no evidence that anyone reads it.

It's a mystery.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next