It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Willow, Kurz & Char Remember 2012.... 
Post Re: Willow, Kurz & Char Remember 2012....

Moonrise Kingdom | Le Temps de L'Amour

Ye-ye pop, young love and that sense of discovery :heart:

Podcasts: Cinema on the Road (Ep #29: CHENNAI EXPRESS et al) | They Shot Pictures (Eps #25 & 26:2013 In Review) (w/ roujin, fist & Sean) *NEW

Blog |Twitter |MUBI
Char's Cinematic Caravan | Female Gaze | We Like to Watch | Czechoslovakian New Wave | Charulata's Directors' Throwdown | Director Marathon 1: Jean Renoir

"Life affirming doesn’t mean good things happen." - James Gray

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 am

Perfect.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 am

Anna Karenina | Dance

The dramatic and artistic centerpiece of the film. Dancing is life, here. And makes people come to life, even.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 am

I measure musical moments by whether or not they make me gasp and this one so did :)

Podcasts: Cinema on the Road (Ep #29: CHENNAI EXPRESS et al) | They Shot Pictures (Eps #25 & 26:2013 In Review) (w/ roujin, fist & Sean) *NEW

Blog |Twitter |MUBI
Char's Cinematic Caravan | Female Gaze | We Like to Watch | Czechoslovakian New Wave | Charulata's Directors' Throwdown | Director Marathon 1: Jean Renoir

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:03 am

willow wrote:

Girl Walk//All Day | I'm a Creep

My favorite musical moment of the year. Girl Walk//All Day was a film I had no idea about coming into the year and it completely blew me away. I honestly came up against a lot of problems trying to pick a favorite moment, but I picked Creep/Wu-Tang Clan because it was the first time in the film that two of our characters danced together, and it comes off to me as very romantic. I could watch Girl Walk//All Day on a loop forever.

Note from char: The quality of my clip sucks. Apparently I suck at grabbing and editing streaming clips. For a better version pls watch Ep. 4 of Girl Walk//All Day online of which this clip is a part:
http://girlwalkallday.com/watch-the-fil ... -gentleman

Blog |Twitter |MUBI

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:16 am

Abrir puertas y ventanas | Back To Stay

The three girls enter the attic of their deceased grandmother (who raised them) for the first time since her death, sit down and play her old records. As they listen to Bridget St. John's Back To Stay, they interact with the song (some by singing along a bit) and each has their own memories and feelings conjured up by the song. My eyes never remain completely dry while watching this. That mournful tenderness.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:26 am

I haven't seen the film and who knows.. this might ruin the movie for me.. but even with the limited context i have from you, I am crushed every time I watch the clip.

Blog |Twitter |MUBI

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 am

willow wrote:

Pitch Perfect | No Diggity

Who knew Anna Kendrick could sing? I was sold on Pitch Perfect after watching the trailer and hearing Kendrick belt out Shorty Get Down, Good Lord from No Diggity. I thought it would be a lot of fun, but I wasn't prepared for just how good it would be musically. The acapella tracks are all pretty much great here but No Diggity is the clear standout in my opinion. Also, Rebel Wilson flips people off, and that's always fun.

Blog |Twitter |MUBI

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 am

I just love when everybody joins in.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 am

TABU | Be My Baby X 2

I can't explain these.Ppl being wrecked by cinema/music/art <3

Blog |Twitter |MUBI

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 am

No explanation necessary.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 am

So like any prestigious awards ceremony worth its salt, we clearly need to take a big break once the noms are announced. We'll be back with final winners at a latter date that will be announced with dress code and invites and such.

Blog |Twitter |MUBI

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 am

boo on taking a break :( :( :(

but for now i can rewatch matty mcconaughey singing and dancing to hold me over

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm

All of those clips are great choices.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 pm

charulata wrote:
Inti Briones | La noche de enfrente

This has perhaps been the toughest category for me to narrow down to just 3 picks even with the assistance of my lovely thread partners. But watching this film was one of the most memorable cinematic experiences from 2012 for me. There are other films I could nominate that are more overtly stylish and so on but I love the way the cinematography here embodies the surreal tone the film adopts as it goes on. There's something magical and dreamlike about the whole thing and I just can't go on without mentioning it.

Having now seen this, I wholeheartedly agree with it's nomination for cinematography. :)

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:53 am

:)

Blog |Twitter |MUBI

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:59 am

fuck every one of you who has seen ruiz's last film

next projection | twitter | frames within frames
| letterboxd

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9