It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 19075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next
 The Television Thread 
Post Re: The Television Thread

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
Finally finished up season 2 of Iron Fist. I had trouble getting through it and left the last two episodes unfinished for almost three weeks. But then they turned out to be more eventful than any of the previous eight and the last few minutes of the finale actually makes you sit up, take notice and want to tune in to season 3. Given the first two seasons I know that increases the chances that it's more of a bait and switch than anything but damned if it wasn't intriguing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:56 pm

kgaard. wrote:

I want a Colleen Wing and Misty Knght buddy cop spin-off.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Season 3 of Iron Fist has been cancelled, but it sounds like there's a possibility that the characters will show up in other shows.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/13/iron-fist-canceled-netflix-kills-first-marvel-series

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Season 3 of Iron Fist has been cancelled, but it sounds like there's a possibility that the characters will show up in other shows.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/13/iron-fist-canceled-netflix-kills-first-marvel-series
Not the least bit surprising. It was hard to sit through an entire season. Not that it was terrible or anything, just incredibly slooooooow and dull. But I suppose you shouldn't split hairs when it comes to terrible. It's kind of a shame though because those last closing moments of season 2 where
Colleen was some kind of supercharged samurai and Danny was halfway around the world with Ward and apparently channeling Roland Deschain from the Dark Tower were borderline gonzo. But then it kinda sorta also smacked of desperation, like they were trying (after two completely lackadaisical seasons) to stick a roman candle up the shows ass.
Never mind. I guess they're simply following the comic storyline. I collected both Iron Fist and Luke Cage when I was a kid but stopped before they teamed up as Heroes For Hire.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:45 am

Deschain13 wrote:
I want a Colleen Wing and Misty Knght buddy cop spin-off.
Daughters of the Dragon. This would surely be a better show than Iron Fist simply because of jettisoning the ultimately miscast Finn Jones.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:58 am

Well hell, looks like Netflix canceled Luke Cage as well. I blame it on the extremely cringeworthy Mariah and Shades relationship.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/luke-cage-canceled-2-seasons-netflix-1154016

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:00 pm

I finished Better Call Saul about a week ago, but as the fourth season ended I felt like sharing some thoughts on it. Honestly, I like/love the show, all the acting is superb across the board, and the story is compelling and well-written, which is why I feel this might be the last show I should complain about. That's why I rather call it a minor gripe, rather than a complaint. My "main gripe" is with the pace of the show, or the lack of energy I feel it has at times. Being a show about Saul Goodman, one would expect it to be more "energetic", but I feel the show is sometimes hindered by its own slow pace and introspectiveness.

A second minor gripe would be with the underuse of Michael Mando as Nacho. I mean, the guy can act, and still I feel like his story is the most underwritten and underdeveloped, with some long stretches of inactivity for him (he was absent from most of the second half of the season). It feels at times as if the writers are not sure what to do with him. On the other hand, as well-acted as it was, I feel like they spent too much time with the Germans. But at least the payoff with that final scene between Mike and Ziegler was worth it with its echoes of "No half measures" all over it.

Kudos also to Rhea Seehorn, who really shined all through the season. She killed it.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Thief wrote:
I finished Better Call Saul about a week ago, but as the fourth season ended I felt like sharing some thoughts on it. Honestly, I like/love the show, all the acting is superb across the board, and the story is compelling and well-written, which is why I feel this might be the last show I should complain about. That's why I rather call it a minor gripe, rather than a complaint. My "main gripe" is with the pace of the show, or the lack of energy I feel it has at times. Being a show about Saul Goodman, one would expect it to be more "energetic", but I feel the show is sometimes hindered by its own slow pace and introspectiveness.

A second minor gripe would be with the underuse of Michael Mando as Nacho. I mean, the guy can act, and still I feel like his story is the most underwritten and underdeveloped, with some long stretches of inactivity for him (he was absent from most of the second half of the season). It feels at times as if the writers are not sure what to do with him. On the other hand, as well-acted as it was, I feel like they spent too much time with the Germans. But at least the payoff with that final scene between Mike and Ziegler was worth it with its echoes of "No half measures" all over it.

Kudos also to Rhea Seehorn, who really shined all through the season. She killed it.

On a show with a lot of outstanding characters Kim really pushes her way to the forefront and is consistently awesome.

I loved all the German stuff this season and Nacho is my least favorite of the three storylines so I don’t mind when they don’t focus on him much. But yeah I agree with the pacing. It feels like there isn’t much of a change between the beggining and end of the season. I’ve been chalking that up to comparing it to the constant intensity of Breaking Bad and having to remind myself this isn’t the same show.

But otherwise this show is fantastic,

Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 am

Deschain13 wrote:
On a show with a lot of outstanding characters Kim really pushes her way to the forefront and is consistently awesome.

I loved all the German stuff this season and Nacho is my least favorite of the three storylines so I don’t mind when they don’t focus on him much. But yeah I agree with the pacing. It feels like there isn’t much of a change between the beggining and end of the season. I’ve been chalking that up to comparing it to the constant intensity of Breaking Bad and having to remind myself this isn’t the same show.

But otherwise this show is fantastic,

My issue with the German stuff is that, despite it being well acted and technically well done, I feel there was no purpose to it. I mean, we all know they are building the meth lab, but what else is there to take from that? By the finale, it felt as if it was all a big, elaborate setup for that Mike/Ziegler moment, as well as providing a solid background to why Gus trusts Mike. But dedicate more than half of the season to that?

In the other hand, Nacho is a character I'm curious to know more about and curious to know where he ends at, when the chips fall down. I don't know. I really like the way Mando treats the character, I feel he adds really subtle layers to him and sometimes I wish I could see more of him.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:10 am

I'm just posting to say that The Good Place continues to be one of the best things. It also continues to be an amazing ongoing conversation about what it means to live a meaningful life and what it means to be a good person. It's also such a great ensemble--I love them all.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
Well hell, looks like Netflix canceled Luke Cage as well. I blame it on the extremely cringeworthy Mariah and Shades relationship.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/luke-cage-canceled-2-seasons-netflix-1154016

LMAO that was indeed painful viewing, i think i actually looked away at parts :D

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:53 pm

boojiboyhowdy wrote:

It should have been set in the 70's with afro's, pimps and cool ass music

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:55 pm

The Haunting of Hill House is quite good. Although I'm not at enthused with how Netflix is producing content, sometimes they surprise....

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:24 am

Rumpled wrote:
LMAO that was indeed painful viewing, i think i actually looked away at parts :D
It just seemed so ... wrong somehow. I'm not sure if it was the casting or the age discrepancy but them as a couple was the most implausible thing in a show based on a comic book.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 am

Eminence Grise wrote:
The Haunting of Hill House is quite good. Although I'm not at enthused with how Netflix is producing content, sometimes they surprise....

The ending though ... yikes.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Evil Prevails wrote:

The ending though ... yikes.

Yep, rough ending....

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:52 am

Eminence Grise wrote:

Woohoo i'm so there :up:

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:52 am

Last night I finished Season 2 of Fargo. Overall I liked it a lot, but I don't think it was as good as the first one. Some thoughts, with spoilers...

1. During most of the season, I thought that Ed and Peggy were probably two of the most annoying characters ever :P Pretty much the Lester Nygaard's of the season. I warmed up to them a bit towards the end, but still, geez!
2. I felt that the stakes weren't as high as with Season 1, particularly because Lou Solverson, which is the character we might feel more identified with, was already in Season 1 so we know how it's going to end. Moreover when he already told Malvo the story of that hotel shootout. So it kinda felt like we were just cruising for a climax we already knew about, even if we didn't know the details.
3. Most of the antagonists were really good, but I felt that their overall impact was scattered because of how many were there. Whereas in Season 1, most of the focus was on Malvo, here you had Bulo, and then it was Mike Milligan, and all the Gerhardt's, and finally Hanzee. I think that diluted the result.
4. A flying saucer? Really? :D Seriously, it didn't bother me as much as it could, and I appreciate Hawley's comments on how the point was to highlight the "absurdity of all the violence" with something absurd like, well, a flying saucer (while also keeping up with the Coens imagery, in The Man Who Wasn't There). But still, a flying saucer??
5. I felt the last two episodes were a bit anti-climatic, perhaps because of #2. I kept expecting a bit more of a punch from everything and part of me feels like it never came.

Even though those thoughts might lead some to think I didn't like it, the truth is I really, really enjoyed it.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:58 am

Thief wrote:
Last night I finished Season 2 of Fargo. Overall I liked it a lot, but I don't think it was as good as the first one. Some thoughts, with spoilers...

1. During most of the season, I thought that Ed and Peggy were probably two of the most annoying characters ever :P Pretty much the Lester Nygaard's of the season. I warmed up to them a bit towards the end, but still, geez!
2. I felt that the stakes weren't as high as with Season 1, particularly because Lou Solverson, which is the character we might feel more identified with, was already in Season 1 so we know how it's going to end. Moreover when he already told Malvo the story of that hotel shootout. So it kinda felt like we were just cruising for a climax we already knew about, even if we didn't know the details.
3. Most of the antagonists were really good, but I felt that their overall impact was scattered because of how many were there. Whereas in Season 1, most of the focus was on Malvo, here you had Bulo, and then it was Mike Milligan, and all the Gerhardt's, and finally Hanzee. I think that diluted the result.
4. A flying saucer? Really? :D Seriously, it didn't bother me as much as it could, and I appreciate Hawley's comments on how the point was to highlight the "absurdity of all the violence" with something absurd like, well, a flying saucer (while also keeping up with the Coens imagery, in The Man Who Wasn't There). But still, a flying saucer??
5. I felt the last two episodes were a bit anti-climatic, perhaps because of #2. I kept expecting a bit more of a punch from everything and part of me feels like it never came.

Even though those thoughts might lead some to think I didn't like it, the truth is I really, really enjoyed it.
Glad you liked it.
Not much to add other than I like Ed and Peggy a little bit more than you did. I found them more funny than annoying. I also agree that there may have been too many cooks. One reason why season 1 is so good is that there are just enough good guys and bad guys.
As for the flying saucer, be sure to watch season 3. I won't say much more than that because I don't want to spoil anything.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:12 am

I liked Season 2 a lot more than Season 1. I thought Hanzee and Mike Milligan made for great Antagonists.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:28 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
I liked Season 2 a lot more than Season 1. I thought Hanzee and Mike Milligan made for great Antagonists.

I agree. I could say that Hanzee was probably my favorite character. But like I said, the overall impact of each of these characters was diluted by the amount of antagonists.

And speaking of Hanzee and Milligan, another minor gripe I would have would be...

...regarding their fates.

1. Having a notably smart, street-wise character "imprisoned" to a mundane desk job, although poetic, is something we've seen many times already (Vic Mackey, Marlo Stanfield)
2. Reading that Hanzee is supposed to become the same Fargo fat boss we see Malvo shoot to death in Season 1, again, although poetic, just didn't feel organic. It just didn't feel like the character.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:41 am

I think all three seasons of Fargo are terrific television. 2 is my least favorite though.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:57 am

Thief wrote:

I agree. I could say that Hanzee was probably my favorite character. But like I said, the overall impact of each of these characters was diluted by the amount of antagonists.

And speaking of Hanzee and Milligan, another minor gripe I would have would be...

...regarding their fates.

1. Having a notably smart, street-wise character "imprisoned" to a mundane desk job, although poetic, is something we've seen many times already (Vic Mackey, Marlo Stanfield)
2. Reading that Hanzee is supposed to become the same Fargo fat boss we see Malvo shoot to death in Season 1, again, although poetic, just didn't feel organic. It just didn't feel like the character.

Oh yeah.
I looked it as Mike Milligan go the promotion he wanted but in actually it was a demotion. Hanzee got the true promotion. But yeah him turning into that boss from Season 1 was kinda weird. I don't know why they did that. I don't think it'd fit his character but in essence it completes his arc as him losing his identity.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:19 am
Profile YIM

I've started watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix. I'm mostly liking it (especially Lucy Davis as Aunt Hilda). Some of the effects and horror sequences are pretty neat. I like the idea of the family being in the mortuary business. There's also some fun costuming and character looks.

I do have a few issues, though.

Does every other shot have to look like the camera lens was smeared with a handful of Vaseline? I also feel like the way that the show is juxtaposing witchcraft with Christianity is a bit clunky. Lastly, I have mixed feelings about the character of Susie, a young woman who is either meant to be transgender or merely masculine-appearing, who is being bullied at school. This is a side story, but there's something kind of off-putting about a young woman being sexually assaulted and then physically abused, and then being asked to care about how Sabrina is sad that she'll have to break up with her boyfriend.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:32 am

Takoma1 wrote:
I've started watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix. I'm mostly liking it (especially Lucy Davis as Aunt Hilda). Some of the effects and horror sequences are pretty neat. I like the idea of the family being in the mortuary business. There's also some fun costuming and character looks.

I do have a few issues, though.

Does every other shot have to look like the camera lens was smeared with a handful of Vaseline? I also feel like the way that the show is juxtaposing witchcraft with Christianity is a bit clunky. Lastly, I have mixed feelings about the character of Susie, a young woman who is either meant to be transgender or merely masculine-appearing, who is being bullied at school. This is a side story, but there's something kind of off-putting about a young woman being sexually assaulted and then physically abused, and then being asked to care about how Sabrina is sad that she'll have to break up with her boyfriend.

You're not the only one who's complained about that. Main complaint I've seen.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:43 am
Profile YIM

Ace wrote:
You're not the only one who's complained about that. Main complaint I've seen.

It's just weird.

Especially since in the last ten or so years the "blurry at the edges camera" look has become a visual shorthand for a dream, fantasy, or altered-reality sequence. So my brain keeps going "Oh, it's a dream! Oh, wait, no it isn't!".

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:53 am

American Vandal Canceled By Netflix After 2 Seasons:

Quote:
Netflix has opted not to renew mockumentary comedy series American Vandal for a third season. I hear producing studio CBS TV Studios is fielding incoming interest in the Funny Or Die show from other potential buyers.

“American Vandal will not return for a third season,” Netflix said in a statement. “We’re very grateful to the creators, writers, cast and crew for bringing their innovative comedy to Netflix, and to the fans and critics who embraced its unique and unconventional humor.”

True-crime satire American Vandal, CBS TV Studios’ first series for an outside streaming service, had flown under the radar with a modest budget and cast of largely unknown young actors in its first season to become a top binge-watched show for Netflix and earn an Emmy nomination and a Peabody Award.

In its first season, American Vandal dug into who was behind the spray-painted phalluses adorning the cars of faculty members at a private school. In Season 2, the series, from co-creators Tony Yacenda and Dan Perrault and showrunner Dan Lagana, followed co-creators/documentarians Peter Maldonado and Sam Ecklund as they bring their investigative skills to an elite Catholic school where someone has been taking poop-related pranks to new heights.

The show’s sophomore season, which did not get the same strong response as the first, starred Tyler Alvarez, Griffin Gluck, Travis Tope, Taylor Dearden, Melvin Gregg and DeRon Horton. The series was produced for Netflix by CBS Television Studios, Funny or Die and 3 Arts. Executive producers included Tony Yacenda, Daniel Perrault, Dan Lagana, Joe Farrell, Ari Lubet, Josh Lieberman and Michael Rotenberg.

Netflix recently also canceled two of its Marvel drama series after two seasons, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
:(

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Yeah between American Vandal and Nathan for You getting cancelled it’s a bad week for TV. :(

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Leave it to The Walking Dead to throw out yet another head fake with last night's "Rick Grimes final episode" episode.

He didn't die. He just flew away in the mysterious helicopter with Jadis. And then executive producer Scott Gimple is on Talking Dead and reveals that AMC is planning on a series of Rick Grimes movies starring Andrew Lincoln. And then on top of that they tease the next three episodes which turn out to jump six years into the future with little Judith sporting a gun and katana and wearing Rick's old Stetson.

I know it's more or less jumped the shark but maybe it'll go under in a semi-interesting manner.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:49 pm

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
Leave it to The Walking Dead to throw out yet another head fake with last night's "Rick Grimes final episode" episode.

He didn't die. He just flew away in the mysterious helicopter with Jadis. And then executive producer Scott Gimple is on Talking Dead and reveals that AMC is planning on a series of Rick Grimes movies starring Andrew Lincoln. And then on top of that they tease the next three episodes which turn out to jump six years into the future with little Judith sporting a gun and katana and wearing Rick's old Stetson.

I know it's more or less jumped the shark but maybe it'll go under in a semi-interesting manner.

I'm not reading the spoiler, but the truth is that I haven't felt like jumping back into this. I haven't seen any of the new episodes and to be honest, I don't feel compelled to. I might binge watch them towards the end, just to see how they close out the Rick arc, but I really don't care.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 am

Finished season 3 of Daredevil in record time. This was good. Really good. It just underlines what a complete shitshow Iron Fist (and to a slightly lesser degree Luke Cage) was. As always, it's all about the antagonist/villain/bad guy. And Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin again does a great job and elevates the proceedings. Plus they introduce Bullseye. There didn't seem to be many dead spots or filler episodes. Even the Karen-centric episode was surprisingly well written. Her character is still the annoyingly clueless and blithe catalyst to a lot of the shit befalling numerous people. But she's easier to stomach and even Foggy is given more to do. There's also a gratifying number of "Oh shit!" moments. Closer in quality to season 1 than season 2 and definitely worth watching.

9/10

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Deschain13 wrote:
Yeah between American Vandal and Nathan for You getting cancelled it’s a bad week for TV. :(

At least Nathan for You had one hell of a final episode.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I don't even know if you can say Nathan for You was canceled, since it was Nathan's decision. I guess he has other projects he wants to tackle, and if that final episode was any indication, they should be great.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 pm

The post-Rick Grimes Walking Dead has improved in certain respects but the plodding pace is still in evidence. I know that it's just one episode and that they've introduced certain aspects that may or may not pan out. The little girl playing Judith is a good little actress and there's characters including one played by Dan Fogler but anyone expecting marked improvement will be disappointed. Fans of the show will see enough to mollify them but I don't think it'll win over any new converts.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
Finished season 3 of Daredevil in record time. This was good. Really good. It just underlines what a complete shitshow Iron Fist (and to a slightly lesser degree Luke Cage) was. As always, it's all about the antagonist/villain/bad guy. And Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin again does a great job and elevates the proceedings. Plus they introduce Bullseye. There didn't seem to be many dead spots or filler episodes. Even the Karen-centric episode was surprisingly well written. Her character is still the annoyingly clueless and blithe catalyst to a lot of the shit befalling numerous people. But she's easier to stomach and even Foggy is given more to do. There's also a gratifying number of "Oh shit!" moments. Closer in quality to season 1 than season 2 and definitely worth watching.

9/10

I was undecided about season 3 of Daredevil, but after reading your review/recommendation, I'm going to start it this weekend. Thanks for helping make my mind.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:49 am

Anybody seen the last season of House of Cards? I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about it in the media, particularly in the aftermath of Spacey's departure and some heavy promotion focusing on Wright's "turn" as President. Even though I've always liked the show, I know with each season, it has reached new levels of absurdity, but I never found it boring. I'm surprised it seemed to went out more with a whimper, instead of a bang.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:00 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
The post-Rick Grimes Walking Dead has improved in certain respects but the plodding pace is still in evidence. I know that it's just one episode and that they've introduced certain aspects that may or may not pan out. The little girl playing Judith is a good little actress and there's characters including one played by Dan Fogler but anyone expecting marked improvement will be disappointed. Fans of the show will see enough to mollify them but I don't think it'll win over any new converts.

The ending to the most recent episode of Walking Dead. I had to rewind it three times to make sure I was witnessing what I thought I was.

And I’m 9 episodes into season 3 of Daredevil and it’s fantastic.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:28 am

JoseLee wrote:
I was undecided about season 3 of Daredevil, but after reading your review/recommendation, I'm going to start it this weekend. Thanks for helping make my mind.
You're welcome. I hope you end up liking it. Maybe my perception has been clouded by me being a fan of the show. Maybe it's a case of me cutting it slack. I didn't think season 2 was all that bad but this recent one got back to what made season 1 such a winner.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:54 am

Deschain13 wrote:
The ending to the most recent episode of Walking Dead. I had to rewind it three times to make sure I was witnessing what I thought I was.
Are you referring to
the Ringwraith zombies? I was really hoping for a "Shire" or a "Baggins".
Deschain13 wrote:
And I’m 9 episodes into season 3 of Daredevil and it’s fantastic.
It is isn't it? I've been reading how Disney is starting it's own streaming service to compete with Netflix so I've more or less accepted that might have been all she wrote for DD. If it was the last season they certainly went out on a high note.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:12 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:
Are you referring to
the Ringwraith zombies? I was really hoping for a "Shire" or a "Baggins".
It is isn't it? I've been reading how Disney is starting it's own streaming service to compete with Netflix so I've more or less accepted that might have been all she wrote for DD. If it was the last season they certainly went out on a high note.

Walking Dead spoilers
Yeah not only that but they were talking.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney lets Netflix keep Daredevil and Jessica Jones a little longer. They’re very adult shows and not very Disney. So to try to reboot them to be more family friendly might not work so well.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:57 am

Deschain13 wrote:
Walking Dead spoilers
Yeah not only that but they were talking.
Sorry. Yeah that's what I meant. It seemed like a game changing kind of bombshell for them to be dropping so nonchalantly.
Deschain13 wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney lets Netflix keep Daredevil and Jessica Jones a little longer. They’re very adult shows and not very Disney. So to try to reboot them to be more family friendly might not work so well.
That's one of the scenarios I've read. I hope so but Disney hasn't exactly been willing to play ball with anyone else, especially when it's going to be it's biggest competitor for streaming customers.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:27 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:

I don't think they're after "new converts" at this point. They're looking to keep the fans they already have.

I will say, the show is already interesting me a lot more than it has in 2-3 seasons. And this is coming from someone who loved the Saviors arc in the comics.

The new episode did a much better job of world building, and character interactions felt a lot less awkward and forced.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Latest binges...

The Haunting of Hill House 9/10
The Cry 8/10
Elementary 1-3 6/10

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Latest binges...

The Haunting of Hill House 9/10

I loved this as well. It may be the best season of TV this year and maybe even the best original series Netflix has produced so far.
Hopefully, Carla Gugino gets some awards recognition.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:21 pm

I am shocked at how much I am enjoying the She-Ra reboot. Especially given the very different tone it seems to be going for.

They did manage to keep the most essential part of the show, namely Bow's heart-embossed midriff shirt.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:59 am

I'm starting Seinfeld in the next few days, any ideas as to what I'm getting myself into?

The Confession |Gavras, 1970| +
Missing |Gavras, 1982| +
The Revenant |Inarritu, 2015| +
The Hateful Eight |Tarantino, 2015| +

+ Recommended

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:23 am

topherH wrote:
I'm starting Seinfeld in the next few days, any ideas as to what I'm getting myself into?

I personally love Seinfeld and still watch the reruns.

Season 1 is not great but stick with it.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:20 am

New MST3K (a childhood fave) is riffing Mac & Me (a childhood fave), and they just did a joke involving Fury Road (an adult fave), so my Thanksgiving is off to a good start.

Sidebar: my plan is to shoot through a lot of Netflix content in a month and detach. I'm going to watch this, I'm going to watch The Haunting of Hill House and also American Vandal.

Any absolute must-sees on the service?

[I stopped watching Bojack in Season 2 'cause it was hitting a liiiittle too close to home, so that's off the table.]

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:30 am

DaMU wrote:
New MST3K (a childhood fave) is riffing Mac & Me (a childhood fave), and they just did a joke involving Fury Road (an adult fave), so my Thanksgiving is off to a good start.

Sidebar: my plan is to shoot through a lot of Netflix content in a month and detach. I'm going to watch this, I'm going to watch The Haunting of Hill House and also American Vandal.

[I stopped watching Bojack in Season 2 'cause it was hitting a liiiittle too close to home, so that's off the table.]

I’m starting the new MST3K season tonight too. Can’t wait!

American Vandal
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
The Punisher
Stranger Things
Big Mouth
Mindhunter
Godless
Dark
F is for Family
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Peaky Blinders

are all good Netflix stuff.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:05 am

DaMU wrote:

Mindhunter is a must if you're into David Fincher and/or gritty crime drama. The Wet Hot American Summer series are also great, but I recommend watching the movie first if you haven't yet.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 19075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next