Recently Seen

Discuss anything you want.
Ace

Re: Recently Seen

Post by Ace » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 am

DaMU wrote:
Even people who don't like the movie have told me they got sniffly when that happened.
I enjoyed it. Nowhere near as the first two JP movies.
But yeah the way it was shot. Also they said that was the very first Brachiossaurus we see from Jurassic Park kinda gives a lot of emotional heft.
Co host of the Film Raiders Podcast.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
Slentert

Post by Slentert » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 am

Charles Longboat Jr. wrote:Shoplifters was really good. It has one of the best ensembles of a 2018 release (from what I’ve seen), and its story unfolds in a way not unlike what other recent slice of life dramas have achieved, where the first half lulls you into their routines at an agreeable pace while, unbeknownst to you, winding up some effective dramatic gut punches to be volleyed at the very end of the film. It doesn’t delve deeply into the ethical issues it flirts with, but it’s still a very smart, (presumably) socially conscious film that has landed in my top ten for the year.
Great movie, it is my #3 from 2018.
I actually loved how non-judgmental Kore-Eda is of his characters, but also without glorifying them or making them seem anything they're not. I feel like that is something we don't see enough from in movies.
Charles Longboat Jr.

Post by Charles Longboat Jr. » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Slentert wrote: Great movie, it is my #3 from 2018.
I actually loved how non-judgmental Kore-Eda is of his characters, but also without glorifying them or making them seem anything they're not. I feel like that is something we don't see enough from in movies.
Yeah, I probably could have mentioned that the lack of a full on ethical meditation works here because the characters are so compelling, and because Kore-Eda allows you to think for yourself on those issues as well.

My only question is why
none of the family told the authorities that Juri/Lin’s parents were abusive when they were being questioned. Granted, I think Shota was the only one who had the opportunity to do so, but I’m not sure why he did. I guess one could say that he was too guilty about teaching her to shoplift to remain involved in her life, but he was just as cognizant of her parental abuse as the others were. The only other explanation I can think of is that even if they tried to tell them that Juri was being abused/neglected the authorities wouldn’t have believed them.
Charles Longboat Jr.

Post by Charles Longboat Jr. » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:49 pm

If you liked Moonlight, you’ll probably enjoy If Beale Street Could Talk. I haven’t read the novel (or any Baldwin books for that matter), but I was quite mesmerized by the film. It has the same stylistic inclinations that benefitted Jenkins’ precious film, and approaches the social context in a way that respects its audience’s intelligence. The ensemble is quite strong too, with Stephan James and Regina King being the standouts for me. Nicholas Britell’s score is also one of the best of the year.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Charles Longboat Jr. wrote:I haven’t read the novel (or any Baldwin books for that matter)
I enjoy his essay work the most, and they tend to be economic reads, the best being The Fire Next Time and the two volumes of Notes of a Native Son.
Stu

Post by Stu » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 pm

DaMU wrote:
Even people who don't like the movie have told me they got sniffly when that happened.
It was one of the moments in the film that left some sort of an impression on me, along with that awesomely elaborate single take of the bubble-pod thing slowly sinking into the ocean... it's just too bad that those few strong moments couldn't have been reflected by the rest of the film, which, for the most part, was some of the laziest, silliest blockbuster filmmaking I've seen in some time, which made Skull Island end up looking like effing Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Stu wrote:It was one of the moments in the film that left some sort of an impression on me, along with that awesomely elaborate single take of the bubble-pod thing slowly sinking into the ocean... it's just too bad that those few strong moments couldn't have been reflected by the rest of the film, which, for the most part, was some of the laziest, silliest blockbuster filmmaking I've seen in some time, which made Skull Island end up looking like effing Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
My main problem is that the movie liked cribbing from a lot of the previous Jurassic Park movies. It's not noticeable to new fans but if you've watched JP and TLW as much as I have it's VERY Noticeable.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Stu wrote:It was one of the moments in the film that left some sort of an impression on me, along with that awesomely elaborate single take of the bubble-pod thing slowly sinking into the ocean... it's just too bad that those few strong moments couldn't have been reflected by the rest of the film, which, for the most part, was some of the laziest, silliest blockbuster filmmaking I've seen in some time, which made Skull Island end up looking like effing Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
There was NOTHING lazy about Bayona’s filmmaking. Unfortunately, there was nothing but laziness in Trevorrow’s writing. Why are we still trusting that man with franchises?
Charles

Post by Charles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 pm

The Void, 2016 (A-)

A Lovecraftian movie very much in the John Carpenter vein. With confined spaces, a cult surrounding the protagonists and practical effects up the wazoo. The characters are the weakest point of the movie, feeling pretty stock, but this is thankfully not one of those shitty syfy movies where you get terrible character interactions with 1 full minute of monster. The mystery here is present and the movie gives you a lot of meat to chew on. Absolutely a movie that I would recommend.

Epilepsy warning.
boojiboyhowdy

Post by boojiboyhowdy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 am

Happy Death Day - 7/10 - It's not too shabby for what it is. And it doesn't reinvent the horror wheel or anything outside of the premise, which is combining Groundhog Day with a straight up slasher flick. But it's a competent piece of film making which is what Blumhouse seems to specialize in. They're also responsible for quality stuff like Get Out, Split, Upgrade and The Gift. Anyway, HDD is entertaining with just enough knowing winks at genre conventions to carry it through to it's third act where it starts to lose a little steam.
Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote: There was NOTHING lazy about Bayona’s filmmaking. Unfortunately, there was nothing but laziness in Trevorrow’s writing. Why are we still trusting that man with franchises?
This. The direction was solid. I fear if Trevorrow had directed the island segment it wouldn't have been as good as it came out.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:59 am

Ace wrote: This. The direction was solid. I fear if Trevorrow had directed the island segment it wouldn't have been as good as it came out.
Trevorrow has never and will never direct something as good as the Orphanage. He just doesn’t have the deft formal skills necessary. Bayona directed the hell out of a terrible script and I applaud him for the effort. It makes me defend his film more than the other Spielberg-less JP films.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:58 am

Split - Somebody's back/10

Man, he always was such a good director and after The Visit and now this, I'm thinking he might be back on track.
Let me not forget to mention however the hella good performances throughout this movie, starting, obviously, with McAvoy but also from The VVitch's Anya Taylor-Joy, Betty Buckley who is really convincing as the psychiatrist, and even the other two young-women who were kidnapped. I always felt Shyamalan was really good at directing actors, and he gets great performances here.
Just a good movie and yes it has me looking forward to a certain upcoming film.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:03 am

Wooley wrote:Split - Somebody's back/10

Man, he always was such a good director and after The Visit and now this, I'm thinking he might be back on track.
Let me not forget to mention however the hella good performances throughout this movie, starting, obviously, with McAvoy but also from The VVitch's Anya Taylor-Joy, Betty Buckley who is really convincing as the psychiatrist, and even the other two young-women who were kidnapped. I always felt Shyamalan was really good at directing actors, and he gets great performances here.
I saw it twice in the theater and really enjoyed it both times. It isn't without its flaws, but generally speaking I had a lot of fun with it from beginning to end.

And the shot of
him climbing the wall was such an unexpected shock--in a good way!
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:13 am

Blackkklansmen

Man. What to say? Powerful. But also a legitimately good film. I mean the narrative really works, is genuinely interested, and is expertly crafted. It's a visually strong film. The music really works extremely well, seamlessly in most scenes. The acting is uniformly excellent. I was so impressed with John David Washington, who I have never seen before, I want to cast him in everything. But also, holy shit, how did Adam Driver go from being a Marine to be one of the best actors in Hollywood? And the Harry Belafonte cameo was so powerful, I was stunned. And then there's the ending which just brought everything home. Hard.
I really, really enjoyed this, as punishing as it kinda was for me as a white man.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:14 am

Takoma1 wrote:
I saw it twice in the theater and really enjoyed it both times. It isn't without its flaws, but generally speaking I had a lot of fun with it from beginning to end.

And the shot of
him climbing the wall was such an unexpected shock--in a good way!
I would hear your flaws, good fellow movie-liker.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:25 am

Disenchantment - I can't believe how not funny this is/10

Seriously.
From the creator of The Simpsons and Futurama comes one of the least funny shows I've ever seen. There's a joke about every 10 seconds and I would say less than 1/10 land. Maybe 1/20.
This really looked promising but I'm giving up after 2 episodes. On Netflix if anyone feels like wasting their lives.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:31 am

Wooley wrote: I would hear your flaws, good fellow movie-liker.
I had one issue that was a style/tone issue, and another that was narrative.

From a tone point of view, something about the whole
flashback sequence revealing her abuse just didn't feel right. The whole movie walked this line between seriousness and totally over-the-top, and that sequence felt out of place. It's hard for me to say exactly why, but both times it just struck me that that part wasn't handled quite right.
And then narrative-wise, I had mixed feelings about
the treatment of the other girl hostages. All those shots of them in their underwear. And then her insistence that trying to fight their was out was a mistake. Like . . . no. Sorry. The three of them working against him was clearly their best chance at escape (and certainly their best chance to avoid the sexual assault that one of them almost experiences), and because she screwed up their chances early on, I felt like she was partly responsible for their ultimate deaths.

Also (and this is maybe more something that bothered me and I realize there is room for debate about the difference between a film's point of view and a character's point of view), I struggled a little with the whole thing of her scars being the reason that she is spared. It's a very common trope in film, of course, to see the physical scars of someone's past. But the idea that suffering must be marked physically just bugged me. And maybe it's because in my work I encounter a lot of children whose abuse or hardship has not left any physical marks. But something there disturbed me. Maybe it's that we can't know if the other two girls--who were both abused, stripped, hunted, and eaten--suffered in ways that didn't leave marks. For a film that's all about internal conflict, the idea that someone's true self can be seen in their physical, outward appearance seems a bit wonky.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 am

I honestly think Bayona directs JW:FK so well that he finds ways to play within the script and reconfigure some of its abject dopiness into endearing silliness (Pratt escaping the lava becomes a surprising exercise in physical comedy). And while the script's not classically "good," I like some of the ideas it's tackling, and think Bayona brings them out as honorably as possible (its Eve/Pandora angle and its back half deliberately going fairy tale).

Also, I am a total sucker for a dinosaur accidentally tail-whipping an elevator button and then eating a wide-eyed oligarch. That buys the movie so many goodwill points.

I went to see it twice in theaters, the second time just to watch the camera and how it found and built its images. It reminds me of Kael's comment about "good trash."
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:05 am

Maybe I should watch this tear-inducing Brachiosaurus movie.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 am

Rock wrote:Maybe I should watch this tear-inducing Brachiosaurus movie.
I dont know what I'd do if you didn't like it.

Respectfully disagree, I guess.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:18 am

DaMU wrote:
I dont know what I'd do if you didn't like it.

Respectfully disagree, I guess.
My opinion will cause you to shed Brachiosaur-sized tears.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:19 am

Finally saw All About Eve. It was great and was the template for so many other great films like this years Oscar front runner, the Favourite or the greatest film of all time, Showgirls.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:54 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:or the greatest film of all time, Showgirls.
Yes.,
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:57 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:Showgirls.
Wait, so is it really a good film or were you joking?
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:00 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote: Wait, so is it really a good film or were you joking?
No one jokes about Showgirls.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 am

crumbsroom wrote:
No one jokes about Showgirls.
Oxnard Montalvo

Post by Oxnard Montalvo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:21 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote: Wait, so is it really a good film or were you joking?
if you can appreciate what Verhoeven brings to Robocop and Starship Troopers then yes, you may find plenty of merit in Showgirls.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 am

Captain Terror wrote: Image
No response could say what was needed like seeing Nomi in action.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:40 am

Captain Terror wrote: Image
Nice
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:40 am

Takoma1 wrote:
I had one issue that was a style/tone issue, and another that was narrative.

From a tone point of view, something about the whole
flashback sequence revealing her abuse just didn't feel right. The whole movie walked this line between seriousness and totally over-the-top, and that sequence felt out of place. It's hard for me to say exactly why, but both times it just struck me that that part wasn't handled quite right.
And then narrative-wise, I had mixed feelings about
the treatment of the other girl hostages. All those shots of them in their underwear. And then her insistence that trying to fight their was out was a mistake. Like . . . no. Sorry. The three of them working against him was clearly their best chance at escape (and certainly their best chance to avoid the sexual assault that one of them almost experiences), and because she screwed up their chances early on, I felt like she was partly responsible for their ultimate deaths.

Also (and this is maybe more something that bothered me and I realize there is room for debate about the difference between a film's point of view and a character's point of view), I struggled a little with the whole thing of her scars being the reason that she is spared. It's a very common trope in film, of course, to see the physical scars of someone's past. But the idea that suffering must be marked physically just bugged me. And maybe it's because in my work I encounter a lot of children whose abuse or hardship has not left any physical marks. But something there disturbed me. Maybe it's that we can't know if the other two girls--who were both abused, stripped, hunted, and eaten--suffered in ways that didn't leave marks. For a film that's all about internal conflict, the idea that someone's true self can be seen in their physical, outward appearance seems a bit wonky.
Hm. I don't think I agree with any of that but I respect your feelings on this.
Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:47 am

DaMU wrote:I honestly think Bayona directs JW:FK so well that he finds ways to play within the script and reconfigure some of its abject dopiness into endearing silliness (Pratt escaping the lava becomes a surprising exercise in physical comedy). And while the script's not classically "good," I like some of the ideas it's tackling, and think Bayona brings them out as honorably as possible (its Eve/Pandora angle and its back half deliberately going fairy tale).

Also, I am a total sucker for a dinosaur accidentally tail-whipping an elevator button and then eating a wide-eyed oligarch. That buys the movie so many goodwill points.

I went to see it twice in theaters, the second time just to watch the camera and how it found and built its images. It reminds me of Kael's comment about "good trash."
The dinosaur smirks! He smirks! haha
Thief

Post by Thief » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Wooley wrote:Blackkklansmen

Man. What to say? Powerful. But also a legitimately good film. I mean the narrative really works, is genuinely interested, and is expertly crafted. It's a visually strong film. The music really works extremely well, seamlessly in most scenes. The acting is uniformly excellent. I was so impressed with John David Washington, who I have never seen before, I want to cast him in everything. But also, holy shit, how did Adam Driver go from being a Marine to be one of the best actors in Hollywood? And the Harry Belafonte cameo was so powerful, I was stunned. And then there's the ending which just brought everything home. Hard.
I really, really enjoyed this, as punishing as it kinda was for me as a white man.
I agree with everything.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:14 pm

One of my favorites of the year so far. Glad you also liked it.
Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Yeah it's up at the top of my list too. That ending was just something.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:
if you can appreciate what Verhoeven brings to Robocop and Starship Troopers then yes, you may find plenty of merit in Showgirls.
What if live RoboCop but find Starship Troopers too on-the-nose? Where does it fall on that spectrum?
____
Blog!
Oxnard Montalvo

Post by Oxnard Montalvo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Rock wrote: What if live RoboCop but find Starship Troopers too on-the-nose? Where does it fall on that spectrum?
I guess you'll have to watch Showgirls to find out!
imo it's not as blatant as Starship Troopers but your mileage could vary
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Wooley wrote: Hm. I don't think I agree with any of that but I respect your feelings on this.
That's fine. These were personal, mild annoyances, not deal-breakers. Like I said, I saw it in the theater twice, so I really liked it. But the stuff I mentioned above jumped out to me a lot more strongly the second time I saw it.
boojiboyhowdy

Post by boojiboyhowdy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Rock wrote:Maybe I should watch this tear-inducing Brachiosaurus movie.
I haven't seen it either. Mostly because of JP burnout I suppose. I found the last one uninspired and derivative and it really irked me that it made so much money while other, worthier films flew under the radar. But then again I'll probably watch it eventually and end up liking it. Damn you traitorous sensibilities!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 pm

Rock wrote: What if live RoboCop but find Starship Troopers too on-the-nose? Where does it fall on that spectrum?
Just stop being wrong about Starship Troopers and watch Showgirls already. This is ridiculous!
Charles

Post by Charles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Black Mountain Side, 2014 (B-)

Moody and very good for the most part, if you don't mind the budget, good at creating atmosphere, but damn that ending to hell. It's silly and bad enough to drop it an entire letter in rating.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:06 pm

If Ridley Scott was lazier and didn't want to reshoot ALL the Spacey footage in All the Money in the World, he could have just shot a few scenes with Plummer and introduced a nonsensical plastic surgery subplot. I say this because given the production history, the seams are not noticeable, at least to my untrained eyes. The movie is better than it should have been for that reason, but also a pretty good period thriller on its own terms with a trio of very strong performances, although Marky Mark brings it down a notch by being a bad fit for the character and era (I can see someone like Michael Shannon nailing this character, although there would be the risk of him dominating the proceedings). And given the setting and that one of the kidnappers looks like Tomas Milian, it would have been neat to see a poliziotteschi take on this back in the day.
Also, will anyone judge me for keeping an eye out for the state of John Paul Getty III's ear when I watch The Territory this weekend?
____
Blog!
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:54 am

Takoma1 wrote:
That's fine. These were personal, mild annoyances, not deal-breakers. Like I said, I saw it in the theater twice, so I really liked it. But the stuff I mentioned above jumped out to me a lot more strongly the second time I saw it.
I actually remarked during the film how delicately he handled all the
sexual-assault stuff throughout the movie, not letting the camera linger on the girls (especially when they were forced to take some clothes off, then having Patricia order Dennis that he may not do that to the girls, having whatever happened with the first girl happen on the other side of a closed door and she comes back fully clothed and unmolested, the uncle being the only one we see actually engaging in his awfulness, never even showing him take her hand or anything, I actually remarked that he was trying to handle that subject matter as gently and delicately as he could while still making it real).
As for actually
showing the scars, I think it was necessary for The Beast to understand, in one climactic moment, that she had already suffered. I thought it was maybe overdone a bit, the scars themselves (although I suspect Shyamalan paid enough attention to detail to get it close to right, it was just more than most of the "cutters" I've personally known, including myself, as I have only a few scars on my forearm), but then I thought, you really need to make the point clear to the audience because you've kind of danced around it all movie and never shown it til now. Even though it's alluded to with Hedwig's "... you wear a lot of shirts" comment, it's really a big reveal so it has to be clear. And I didn't think there was anything wrong or inconsistent with making the victim of routine childhood sexual assault suffer from an NSSI disorder. And it not only draws further attention to the problem, but also shows someone surviving and persevering through it, which I liked as a message, especially since it is implied that she finally has the strength at the end to report her uncle's crimes.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 am

Wooley wrote:I actually remarked during the film how delicately he handled all the
sexual-assault stuff throughout the movie, not letting the camera linger on the girls (especially when they were forced to take some clothes off, then having Patricia order Dennis that he may not do that to the girls, having whatever happened with the first girl happen on the other side of a closed door and she comes back fully clothed and unmolested, the uncle being the only one we see actually engaging in his awfulness, never even showing him take her hand or anything, I actually remarked that he was trying to handle that subject matter as gently and delicately as he could while still making it real).
Even having the girls undress felt unnecessary to me. I don't like when films throw in a will-he-won't-he rape element, and especially when it's not actually the point of the story.

As for the
molestation subplot, I think that his intentions were good and it was delivately handled. But something about those scenes just felt off to me. Like, almost bordering on parody. I appreciated the restraint, but the flashback parts simply didn't work for me.
As for actually
showing the scars, I think it was necessary for The Beast to understand, in one climactic moment, that she had already suffered. I thought it was maybe overdone a bit, the scars themselves (although I suspect Shyamalan paid enough attention to detail to get it close to right, it was just more than most of the "cutters" I've personally known, including myself, as I have only a few scars on my forearm), but then I thought, you really need to make the point clear to the audience because you've kind of danced around it all movie and never shown it til now. Even though it's alluded to with Hedwig's "... you wear a lot of shirts" comment, it's really a big reveal so it has to be clear. And I didn't think there was anything wrong or inconsistent with making the victim of routine childhood sexual assault suffer from an NSSI disorder. And it not only draws further attention to the problem, but also shows someone surviving and persevering through it, which I liked as a message, especially since it is implied that she finally has the strength at the end to report her uncle's crimes.
I understand the narrative importance of him
recognizing her as a kindred spirit, so to speak. And I completely agree that it makes sense that she cuts herself (or has a history of it). My point was more that there are a lot of people who suffer in ways that don't leave physical scars. And by having her survive while the other girls die (especially considering that those other girls were nice and also proactive) made it seem like somehow she was more deserving of survival--and that just irked me. Who is to say that neither of those other girls had a history of being abused? I think that the film--intentionally or not--sets up a contrast between Casey and the other girls in which she is lauded as the survivor. And I go back again to the fact that Casey's idea of "wait and watch" is so dumb. It might be a good tactic for someone in a domestic situation of abuse, but it just runs contrary to everything I've ever read or learned about defending yourself from a stranger, and especially a stranger who has taken you to a secondary location.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 am

Wooley wrote:Split - Somebody's back/10

Yep.

Yep yep yep.
Ace wrote:The dinosaur smirks! He smirks! haha
Yep, I love it. He damn near breaks the fourth wall. Gimme that cheese. Put that cheese in a dino sandwich, and I'll gobble it up with some tomato soup.
NOTE:
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:00 am

Just watched Blind Woman's Curse on Amazon Prime and ya'll should get on that ASAP.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 am

Is that the one with Meiko Kaji and the weird dude?
____
Blog!
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:14 am

Rock wrote:Is that the one with Meiko Kaji and the weird dude?
Yup.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:19 am

Remember liking that one's mix of action and horror elements (the weird dude was a big contributor to the latter). Horrors of Malformed Men from the same director is also worth a watch, if a lot weirder.
____
Blog!
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:04 am

Rock wrote:Remember liking that one's mix of action and horror elements (the weird dude was a big contributor to the latter). Horrors of Malformed Men from the same director is also worth a watch, if a lot weirder.
Amazon was strongly recommending Horrors of Malformed Men. I'll try and check it out soon.