Recently Seen

Discuss anything you want.
LEAVES

Re: Recently Seen

Post by LEAVES » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:19 am

DaMU wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:43 am
Unsure why this forum is descending into satire when you could all instead be watching Vera Chytilova's seminal 1966 Czech satire Daisies.
...but why Daisies when all of the Czechoslovak films listed in this post are better than Daisies, and most of them satires or black comedies?

I know why - because you spent your time watching Jarmusch instead of better filmmakers lolololol ZING
LEAVES

Post by LEAVES » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:36 am
I would've given an indication of what you were going for a while ago since it was clear that none of us were picking up on what you were giving us.

What we said was a normal reaction to your posts.
Only if you take life seriously. It’s never been a skill of mine, and I don’t presume that others do because it would sadden me to think that they did.

Communication is fun, why be burdened by clarity when you can be bolstered by ridiculousness?

I’ve been posting here for like 10 years and thousands of posts. If my style isn’t apparent then...
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Wooley wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:18 am
One question before I watch this... did you like The Heat?
I did like The Heat. I think that Sandra Bullock is really funny and I will never find her combination of uptight/befuddled not funny.

I would say that I liked The Spy Who Dumped Me a bit more than The Heat. It more frequently goes for a more subdued humor (largely thanks to McKinnon and her ability to deliver a low-key aside). And it's just got a lot of strangeness that is at the same time relatable, like Morgan being excited to climb up a trapeze tower because of her childhood training at the "New Jersey Circus Academy", but as soon as she actually gets up there she grips the platform and reports that she's "about 2000 feet in the air". Often the "loud one" in these kinds of movies are way too much for me (a la the McCarthy character in The Heat who was funny but also kind of a nightmare), but I really liked Morgan. All of her "too much" feels like it's embedded in real emotion and a genuine desire for the people she cares about to be happy.

Mostly I would say that this was the best version I've seen of a comic exaggeration of the kind of ride or die friendships you can have with your best friends.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:16 pm

I'm getting bored with this discussion. Moving on...
The Nameless One

Post by The Nameless One » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:17 pm

LEAVES wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 am
lol I don’t argue my opinions, I share them.

I’m also waaaaaaaaaaaay more drawn to expressionism than realism. Hence, Zulawski, Greenaway, Sokurov being my favorites. Schanelec is not to my most prominent tastes. She just happens to be too good to ignore. And there are many more like her - Germany was a random selection.

Schanelec is perhaps the best filmmaker in the world at using ellipsis, narrative schisms, and opaquely parallel narratives. She’s far more of an experimental formalist than a realist - she was called the “poetess of emptiness”, after all, not the “realest realist”. She also happens to be the best realist filmmaker I know of at the same time, but that’s just a side element. Girl’s got skills.

As for what there is to like about that sort of thing, I’ll direct you to “the internet”. Lots of people have written a lot of fascinating things. I see absolutely no hope of having an interesting conversation with you on the topic given your statements, and since you’re not paying me you’ll just have to settle for that. Or use the search, since I have written about her work several times...
I respect all of this, thank you for informing me
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 pm
I did like The Heat. I think that Sandra Bullock is really funny and I will never find her combination of uptight/befuddled not funny.

I would say that I liked The Spy Who Dumped Me a bit more than The Heat. It more frequently goes for a more subdued humor (largely thanks to McKinnon and her ability to deliver a low-key aside). And it's just got a lot of strangeness that is at the same time relatable, like Morgan being excited to climb up a trapeze tower because of her childhood training at the "New Jersey Circus Academy", but as soon as she actually gets up there she grips the platform and reports that she's "about 2000 feet in the air". Often the "loud one" in these kinds of movies are way too much for me (a la the McCarthy character in The Heat who was funny but also kind of a nightmare), but I really liked Morgan. All of her "too much" feels like it's embedded in real emotion and a genuine desire for the people she cares about to be happy.

Mostly I would say that this was the best version I've seen of a comic exaggeration of the kind of ride or die friendships you can have with your best friends.
Hmmm... I'll have to think about this then. I thought The Heat was pretty weak, couldn't believe how formulaic it was given the praise it got. And I really like Bullock, but I thought she was just recycling past roles. Hmmm...
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Wooley wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Hmmm... I'll have to think about this then. I thought The Heat was pretty weak, couldn't believe how formulaic it was given the praise it got. And I really like Bullock, but I thought she was just recycling past roles. Hmmm...
The Spy Who Dumped Me has a really different vibe than The Heat. Watch 15 minutes of (I know it's on Hulu, not sure about other services) and you'll know exactly what the tone is.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:41 am

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:35 pm
Oh and just in case anyone was unaware Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was recently added on Netflix.
Saw this at the theater, so I put it on yesterday just to see how it looked in 2D on a small screen and next thing I knew an hour had passed. So good.

My fantasy is for this animation team to tackle Ghost Rider one day. A boy can dream.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 am

Super-psyched, think it was MKS who said something recently about the B&N Criterion sale, so I used a birthday gift card and finally picked up a blu of A Matter of Life and Death. Going to invite friends over to watch it, cannot wait, love it so much.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am

DaMU wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 am
Super-psyched, think it was MKS who said something recently about the B&N Criterion sale, so I used a birthday gift card and finally picked up a blu of A Matter of Life and Death. Going to invite friends over to watch it, cannot wait, love it so much.
So what you're saying is I should buy A Matter of Life and Death?

I've picked up Berlin Alexanderplatz and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls thus far.
Macrology

Post by Macrology » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:31 am

Regarding Haneke (as per our earlier discussion), I watched Code Unknown last night, and it definitely struck me as one of his more complex and nuanced films. Loved the formal structural conceit.

As for the B&N sale, I grabbed seven films. Four I haven't seen (To Sleep With Anger, Scenes from a Marriage, La Cage aux folles, and Sansho the Bailiff) and three I have seen (for Samurai Movie Night: Three Outlaw Samurai, Kuroneko, and Sword of Doom).
Ma`crol´o`gy
n. 1. Long and tedious talk without much substance; superfluity of words.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:55 am

Macrology wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:31 am
Regarding Haneke (as per our earlier discussion), I watched Code Unknown last night, and it definitely struck me as one of his more complex and nuanced films. Loved the formal structural conceit.

As for the B&N sale, I grabbed seven films. Four I haven't seen (To Sleep With Anger, Scenes from a Marriage, La Cage aux folles, and Sansho the Bailiff) and three I have seen (for Samurai Movie Night: Three Outlaw Samurai, Kuroneko, and Sword of Doom).
I need to rewatch Code Unknown. The only thing I recall with clarity is...
the cattle gun scene.
That stuck with me in a way almost exclusively reserved for Haneke films.

Scenes from a Marriage is great but, huge surprised, emotionally draining. I have Le Cage and Sansho but have not watched them. Love those jideigeki flicks. Especially Sword of Doom. One of the greatest unintentional endings ever.

Last two Criterions I watched were Stalker and Magic Flute. The former was indeed brilliant but I think Solaris and Andrei Rublev had painted my expectations just a tad too high or perhaps a tad too different for it to resonate quite as much as they did. That said, there are still things that have stuck with me and may bring me back for a second viewing sooner than usual.

Magic Flute showed a great deal of ingenuity in Bergman's choice to capture it as a play, while using those limitations to toy with the mise-en-scene in very interesting ways. The music is also Mozart, so of course it is wonderful to listen to. That said, I'm an uncultured swine and I did find my attention drifting from time to time and didn't connect with it beyond aesthetics and superficial "this sound pretty" manners.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:22 am

Macrology wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:31 am

Sansho is quite outstanding. You're in for a great treat with that one.

As for recent viewings, I watched Chimes at Midnight, and I thought it was an effective film which contained the strengths of Shakespeare's plays as well as Welles' effective stylistic strategies. No doubt I'll revisit it shortly.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:41 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am
So what you're saying is I should buy A Matter of Life and Death?
Only if you like movies that are good.

Honestly, I need to watch more Powell/Pressburger. I loved Peeping Tom, which is just Michael Powell, but also loved this film and Black Narcissus.

Might make that a 4th of July weekend goal: watch a couple of new ones from them. The Red Shoes and A Canterbury Tale are both on Amazon for HD $4 rentals.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:35 pm

DaMU wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:41 pm
Only if you like movies that are good.

Honestly, I need to watch more Powell/Pressburger. I loved Peeping Tom, which is just Michael Powell, but also loved this film and Black Narcissus.

Might make that a 4th of July weekend goal: watch a couple of new ones from them. The Red Shoes and A Canterbury Tale are both on Amazon for HD $4 rentals.
I too need to see more P&P. I've only seen Peeping Tom and the Red Shoes and loved both. The Red Shoes criterion transfer is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. I also own the Life and Death of Colonel Blimp but haven't watched it yet.

I think I'm going to try to buy more movies that I've seen and love in the collection this time than blind buys as that number has become ridiculous.

Just watched Ozu's Good Morning last night. What a quaint, charming and heart warming thing that was. Definitely the most accessible Ozu that I've seen and in color! I wish I had the Blu of it rather than the antiquated DVD but we don't get to choose what Criterions we find at Goodwill for $2.
Macrology

Post by Macrology » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Chimes at Midnight and A Canterbury Tale are two of my all-time favorites, although both are peculiar films. Especially A Canterbury Tale.
Ma`crol´o`gy
n. 1. Long and tedious talk without much substance; superfluity of words.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Small Back Room is another good Powell.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Don't forget Black Narcissus and The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp.
Last Great Movie Seen
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Hooper, 1974)
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Has anyone seen Tales of Hoffmann? I'd love to watch that at some point, since that was the film that made Romero want to make movies.
NOTE:
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:58 pm

DaMU wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:41 pm
The Red Shoes is really something special. The emotions are so deeply felt that it manages to shrug off some of the more dated elements of the "have a career or have a man?" quandary that the main character faces. Instead it becomes almost a timeless look at someone being torn between two passions, and specifically the consuming dedication of artists/athlets who want to be at the top of their game.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:19 pm

DaMU wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:55 pm
Has anyone seen Tales of Hoffmann? I'd love to watch that at some point, since that was the film that made Romero want to make movies.
Yes, it isn't one of my favorites, but it's at least an incredible thing to look at.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:54 am

DaMU wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:55 pm
It is visually awesome, but I found that I liked The Red Shoes quite a bit more, especially the way that the plot and the dancing are intertwined.
Rock

Post by Rock » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 am

Yeah, I found that while The Tales of Hoffmann was very impressive in terms of its craft, the whole thing was pitched a little too baroquely for me to really get into. (Which I realize is the point, being opera and all, but a little in that mode goes a long way.) I was much more moved by the opera sequence in The Red Shoes, which is similar in style but grounded by the movie around it.

That being said, the movie is probably at least a 7/10 in my book and still worth watching, just that almost everything else I've seen from Powell/Pressburger is an easy 9 or 10.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:02 am

Criterions are wonderful (bought Blue Velvet and Notorious today) but that Spiderman Far From Home has me geeking out and eagerly wanting Phase 4, even after what felt like wholly satisfying finality with Endgame. Fanboy time!!!
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:42 am

Just finished The Maids. I loved every heightened minute of it.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:18 am

Petulia

Still processing my thoughts about it. The kind of film where I was head over heels for the style and I'm trying to parse those feelings from how I felt about the narrative itself.
Rock

Post by Rock » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:48 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:18 am
Petulia

Still processing my thoughts about it. The kind of film where I was head over heels for the style and I'm trying to parse those feelings from how I felt about the narrative itself.
Been a while since I've seen it, but I remember finding it pretty engaging as a sort of halfway point between Antonioni and Roeg, with the former's coldness and almost sci-fi approach to Americana a la Zabriskie Point and the latter's narrative and visual fracturing. (Roeg was DP on the movie, I believe.)
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:56 am

Rock wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:48 am
Been a while since I've seen it, but I remember finding it pretty engaging as a sort of halfway point between Antonioni and Roeg, with the former's coldness and almost sci-fi approach to Americana a la Zabriskie Point and the latter's narrative and visual fracturing. (Roeg was DP on the movie, I believe.)
It was incredibly engaging and also horribly depressing. I just earlier today was listening to the news story about the judge who was making all the excuses for the teenager who raped a classmate (and filmed it, and shared that film with his friends, and texted them "when your first time is rape", etc), including telling the victim that she should think about how her bringing chargers was going to affect the guy who raped her. And so on and so on. So the scene where
the father explains to Petulia why David would never be blamed for beating her unconscious
was really hard to watch. Like, dang, 50 years later and we still think this way.

Just generally I think that on a rewatch I'd be interested to pay attention to the way that the point of view shifts as the film goes on. Petulia is the kind of character (QUIRKY!) who can get really old really quickly, and I thought that the film did a really good job of humanizing her so that her behavior feels more like survival/escapism. And on the flip side, we get enough depth from the Archie character to understand his reactions to Petulia--both why he is drawn to her and why he pushes her away. I really liked the scenes with him and his sons. I did feel like I was missing more of Petulia's past, though the sense that she's adrift is exacerbated by the fact that he doesn't have anyone to fall back on.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:30 am

I'm trying to make the most of my Criterion Channel subscription and All About My Mother is excellent. Definitely ascending to the top of my list of favorite Almodovars. The colors alone are breathtaking.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:53 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:56 am
Petulia is the kind of character (QUIRKY!) who can get really old really quickly, and I thought that the film did a really good job of humanizing her so that her behavior feels more like survival/escapism.
I will not have you TGBATU the great Julie Christie, Takoma.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:56 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:30 am
I'm trying to make the most of my Criterion Channel subscription and All About My Mother is excellent. Definitely ascending to the top of my list of favorite Almodovars. The colors alone are breathtaking.
I saw it earlier this year, and I agree that it's an excellent film. Regardless of how much flashy colors and flamboyant shots fill the scene, there's a great deal of emotional appeal and sympathy for the characters and the plights they undergo which keeps you thoroughly invested in the plot. It's a really great balance.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:07 am

Jinnistan wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:53 am
I will not have you TGBATU the great Julie Christie, Takoma.
She plays the character just fine, but the initial impression of the character takes a lot to work through. "I'm flirty! I'm not wearing a bra! Look at me--I'm stealing a tuba!!!!!"

Quickly introducing an unsettling element (her cracked rib) saves the character and the film from Manic Pixie Dream Girl territory.
Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:56 am
I saw it earlier this year, and I agree that it's an excellent film. Regardless of how much flashy colors and flamboyant shots fill the scene, there's a great deal of emotional appeal and sympathy for the characters and the plights they undergo which keeps you thoroughly invested in the plot. It's a really great balance.
Yes--all of the characters feel like they come from a real place, emotionally. It's a real credit to the script that so many characters (Manuela, Huma, Rosa, Nina, Agrado, Rosa's mother, Lola, etc) can share a story and have the overlap and intersection of their lives feel so real and lived in. And considering that the film was made in 1999, it's treatment of trans characters as being people apart from their gender identities is really something. Especially the portrayal of Lola as a transwoman who is attracted to other women. Lola's selfishness and recklessness co-exists with being trans, but is not directly linked to her trans status, and Agrado is there to bolster the idea that these are characters with depth.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:30 am
I'm trying to make the most of my Criterion Channel subscription
I'm enjoying it so far, but have been befuddled by some things. For example, in my quest to watch every Fellini film, I'm having to rent Criterion discs (Satyricon) from Netflix because the CC isn't streaming them. But at the same time I'm streaming films (Spirits of the Dead) on the CC that are not available as Criterion discs. I don't expect you to have an answer, just an observation.
Other than that, I consider it worth my $10/month or whatever.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 am
I'm enjoying it so far, but have been befuddled by some things. For example, in my quest to watch every Fellini film, I'm having to rent Criterion discs (Satyricon) from Netflix because the CC isn't streaming them. But at the same time I'm streaming films (Spirits of the Dead) on the CC that are not available as Criterion discs. I don't expect you to have an answer, just an observation.
Streaming rights and DVD publishing rights are different. It's why Netflix can lose the right to stream something without the Blu-ray going out of print.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:25 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 am
I know what you mean. There are films in my Netflix queue that are Criterions that are not on the service.

But honestly I have so many films to catch up with that the hit-or-miss nature of the channel isn't much of an impediment to me.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:32 am

So, in conclusion...bring back Filmstruck!
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:39 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 am
Streaming rights and DVD publishing rights are different. It's why Netflix can lose the right to stream something without the Blu-ray going out of print.
Yeah, I'm aware of that part, I guess I just figured that if Criterion licensed the film for disc that they would've done it for streaming as well.
But like Takoma said, the amount of stuff that IS there more than makes up for the few missing titles. I intend to continue my subscription for the foreseeable future.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:41 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:39 am
Yeah, I'm aware of that part, I guess I just figured that if Criterion licensed the film for disc that they would've done it for streaming as well.
But like Takoma said, the amount of stuff that IS there more than makes up for the few missing titles. I intend to continue my subscription for the foreseeable future.
That's likely the plan now but when they didn't have a channel, I doubt they negotiated streaming rights along with publishing rights. They also probably had some sort of split deal with Warner with their first run of Filmstruck that led to films in limbo.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:41 am
That's likely the plan now but when they didn't have a channel, I doubt they negotiated streaming rights along with publishing rights. They also probably had some sort of split deal with Warner with their first run of Filmstruck that led to films in limbo.
That makes sense
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:48 am

Jaws - 10/10
If I am the Phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I shall be saved, it will be because your love redeems me.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:22 am

Death Proof wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:48 am
Jaws - 10/10
I might rewatch that one tomorrow, in celebration of the fourth of July. I got it on DVD a year or whenever ago, and I found it to be even greater than I had remembered it being as a kid (which is saying quite a lot for me as I loved it back then as well). It's really rewatchable. One thing that really strengthened the movie was how Quint was developed throughout the film. The scene with him explaining how he survived the USS Indianapolis is a really great moment. As a result, his death is definitely one of the most memorable movie deaths I've ever seen. It's just so horrifying to watch it considering how much you come to care for him.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:58 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:22 am
I might rewatch that one tomorrow, in celebration of the fourth of July. I got it on DVD a year or whenever ago, and I found it to be even greater than I had remembered it being as a kid (which is saying quite a lot for me as I loved it back then as well). It's really rewatchable. One thing that really strengthened the movie was how Quint was developed throughout the film. The scene with him explaining how he survived the USS Indianapolis is a really great moment. As a result, his death is definitely one of the most memorable movie deaths I've ever seen. It's just so horrifying to watch it considering how much you come to care for him.
The Blu-ray had an exceptional transfer and is well worth the upgrade from DVD if you're going to give it another go.
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:22 am

It's a tradition. Never miss it this time of year.
If I am the Phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I shall be saved, it will be because your love redeems me.
topherH

Post by topherH » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Death Proof wrote:
Jaws - 10/10
You're up awful early.
State of Siege |Gavras, 1972| +
Deadpool |Miller, 2016| +
Z |Gavras, 1969| -
The Confession |Gavras, 1970| +
Missing |Gavras, 1982| +
The Revenant |Inarritu, 2015| +
The Hateful Eight |Tarantino, 2015| +

+ Recommended
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 pm

topherH wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:00 pm
You're up awful early.
I don't really sleep any more. I'm pretty sure I'm in my last days.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:05 pm

Death Proof wrote:
Jaws - 10/10
Truth.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Spider-Man: Far From Home

If you like these movies, then you will probably like this one. If not, then I don't know.
Slentert

Post by Slentert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Wooley wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm
Spider-Man: Far From Home

If you like these movies, then you will probably like this one. If not, then I don't know.
This means I probably won't.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Slentert wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:02 pm
This means I probably won't.
How'd you feel about Homecoming?
Slentert

Post by Slentert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:13 pm
How'd you feel about Homecoming?
I think it probably is one of the worst MCU films. I liked the trailer for Far From Home, so I had a tiny bit of hope, but considering everyone's reactions to it, I'm quite certain I won't like it either.
The only way I see myself seeing it in a theater is if my friends would ask me to come along, like with most Marvel movies.