Recently Seen

Discuss anything you want.
Wooley

Re: Recently Seen

Post by Wooley » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:41 am
It largely applies to Rita Skeeter and her descriptions in Goblet of Fire, particularly. Arguably, she's a non-passing trans woman. She's often described as having a "heavily jawed face", "mannish hands", and "a surprisingly strong grip". She also transforms her body to spy on children in the novel. These details seem to reveal Rowling's transphobia.
Wow, that seems like a pretty deep dive to try to make a point.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Charles wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 am
With all that said, think we can at least all be appalled by how everyone seems to look past Wesley Snipes' tax evasion. How easy it is for him to find roles now is nauseating.
:up:
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Wooley wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:01 pm
Wow, that seems like a pretty deep dive to try to make a point.
It's not. A layer of transphobia does persist for her character. What I mentioned in regards to her appears quite heavily throughout Goblet of Fire and, if this may not have been clear before she became known as a TERF, I think it's definitely fair now to say that her transphobia is reflected in Skeeter. Awfulness of the artist reflected in their work isn't uncommon and it definitely applies here.
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:13 pm

If J.K. had remained 100% politically correct, you would not be so finely interpreting her texts looking for evidence of heresy. I can still remember the faithful doing cartwheels when she retconned(?)/unveiled(?) Dumbledore as gay in extra-textual pronouncements. Now she has an opinion which is not 100% on message and the hunt is on.

If you go looking for a pattern, you will generally find evidence for that pattern. And a literary work of art is a giant petri dish for generating the images and ideas which are needed to create the illusion of a living world will offer a surfeit of "evidence" for the inquisition. The character is racist, is she racist? Characters don't use a Baskin Robbins list of pronouns? Is she transphobic? A character is depicted with physical features which can be interpreted as "offensive." Was it mean to give offense? Would a reasonable person of goodwill who was part of the original audience which was part of the context of its presentation have taken offense to it? If not, your accusation is that the age itself is at fault. Is an unreliable narrator a portal into the mind of the personal politics of the author? Is a seemingly reliable narrator a portal into the mind of the author? The omniscient narrator very often is not reliable or omniscient. Indeed, the most common style of writing today is neither a purely subjective 1st person or austerely objective 3rd person, but rather a free indirect style. James Wood (2009), in his book How Fiction Works, offers the example "Ted watched the orchestra through stupid tears." Wood explains,
What is so useful about free indirect style is that in our example a word like "stupid" somehow belongs to both the author and the character; we are not entirely sure who "owns" the word. Might "stupid" reflect a slight asperity or distance on the part of the author? Or does the word belong wholly to the character, with the author, in a rush of sympathy, having "handed" it, as it were, to the tearful fellow? (p. 11)
So now we have to parse the style of Rowling to determine what part of her writing is just there, which portion implies the politics of a character, which portion implies the politics of a narrator who is neither "in the scene" nor the author herself, or which aspect of this mixture reflects the pure politics of the author speaking to us through fiction. None of this is to say that are not very obvious cases of political writing through fiction (fiction is inevitably rhetorical), but to say that given the abundant resources for misinterpretation, over-interpretation, reader-response completion of the meaning of the text (the enthymatic function by which the reader completes the text in his own mind), etc., we should be cautioned that when we set out to find heresy in ten thousand words of prose writing we will undoubtedly find it.

And why are you looking for it? And are you an impartial investigator or an inquisitor? And how much do you really think you can prove by all this?

And what exactly, pray tell, is her crime? Do you really know what her official public opinion is? And can you establish that her position is so out of step that it deserves to be characterized as "hate" or "fear"? The "everyone's a Nazi that I don't like" shtick has been wearing thin for sometime now.
Charles

Post by Charles » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 pm

The Gallows Act II, 2019 (F)

A sequel to a found footage movie from 2015 called The Gallows about a play called The Gallows, in which some kid died in the 90s.

This is complete shit.

First off, it's absolute peak Hollywood teenagers. It's like someone learned about teenagers from reading a book by someone who only saw teenagers in Hollywood movies. Then, the horror scenes are absolute garbage. The jump scares don't even work, and that's all the movie has. The first movie was about a ghost in a school or something, but this one is about a play being haunted. It's very much like The Bye Bye Man, except that movie has something to offer. Complete with the scene where someone reads something in the library, loses time and gets told that the library is closing. The ending is a last-ditch attempt to make the movie interesting, but it was such garbage up to that point that you just can't be bothered to care.
WHIT BISSELL!

Post by WHIT BISSELL! » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 pm

The Way Back - 8/10 - As far as troubled-protagonist-finds-redemption-through-coaching/mentoring movies go this isn't bad. While it's not as good as something like Hoosiers, McFarland, USA or Win Win I thought it was better than The Winning Season and a lot of others for instance. The main draw has to be Ben Affleck's starring performance as Jack Cunningham, a once promising high school basketball phenom who now does construction work and drinks. Heavily. He's a barely functioning alcoholic, separated from his wife and struggling to come to terms with personal tragedy. He gets his chance after getting a call from his old parochial high school. They're in need of a coach after theirs has a heart attack. Jack can't think of a good enough reason to turn them down and the rest of the film travels along familiar ground. And it's disappointing in a way because of Affleck turning in such an affective performance. Maybe it's because he was going through his own real life struggles with alcohol while filming this but he elevates what would have otherwise been an average story into something much more.
I want people to know that it's Whitner Nutting Bissell who's kicking in their door - WHIT BISSELL!
replican

Post by replican » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Portrait of a Lady on Fire - 5/5

This lived up to the hype for me. It starts off slow. But considering all the accolades heaved upon it last year, I was like this has to be going somewhere. My fear was that it would be one of those period pieces that mistook ambiguity, shadows, echoes and muted emotions for great art. This movie is fucking great. So many themes/ideas explored here. And to be honest, most of the ideologies and politics in this movie isn't my cup of tea. BUT the movie is so good that it allows you to see the humanity in the midst of it all.

This is the best feminist, humanist movie I have seen in a long time. And that's coming from someone with a bad track record on the former.

It doesn't take a wrong step. I thought the ending was going to be botched when it didn't stop at that turn around scene but nope, continued on brilliantly. And you know there's no misstep because you never get taken out of the world. I was firmly ensconced in that time and place for the duration of the film.

First class acting.

I mean this is the type of movie that makes you realize how subpar mainstream Hollywood. Or maybe just how difficult it is to get the mass audience to appreciate something like this.
WHIT BISSELL!

Post by WHIT BISSELL! » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:07 am

Picnic at Hanging Rock - 7/10 - A pretty good Aussie Gothic mystery with above average cinematography and a steady directorial hand by Peter Weir. I still prefer The Last Wave as far as his strictly Australian efforts go but Master and Commander: Far Side of the World will always be his best work to me.
I want people to know that it's Whitner Nutting Bissell who's kicking in their door - WHIT BISSELL!
Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:27 am

replican wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:56 pm
I mean this is the type of movie that makes you realize how subpar mainstream Hollywood. Or maybe just how difficult it is to get the mass audience to appreciate something like this.
Yip yip. I haven't seen it in full yet, but I've almost completely given up on mainstream Hollywood. There's a very clear difference between those by-the-number movies, those that have to have a love story because it tests well with audiences, etc, and movies that were made because someone had something to say.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Melvin Butterworth wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:13 pm
Now she has an opinion which is not 100% on message and the hunt is on.
It's more than an opinion, she's making this an international discussion. You people are so bad with your magnifying lenses and microscopes, seriously.
If you go looking for a pattern, you will generally find evidence for that pattern.
How convenient. End of discussion!
And a literary work of art is a giant petri dish for generating the images and ideas which are needed to create the illusion of a living world will offer a surfeit of "evidence" for the inquisition. The character is racist, is she racist? Characters don't use a Baskin Robbins list of pronouns? Is she transphobic? A character is depicted with physical features which can be interpreted as "offensive." Was it mean to give offense? Would a reasonable person of goodwill who was part of the original audience which was part of the context of its presentation have taken offense to it? If not, your accusation is that the age itself is at fault. Is an unreliable narrator a portal into the mind of the personal politics of the author? Is a seemingly reliable narrator a portal into the mind of the author? The omniscient narrator very often is not reliable or omniscient. Indeed, the most common style of writing today is neither a purely subjective 1st person or austerely objective 3rd person, but rather a free indirect style. James Wood (2009), in his book How Fiction Works, offers the example "Ted watched the orchestra through stupid tears." Wood explains,
Oh, YARN decided to keep going

So now we have to parse the style of Rowling to determine what part of her writing is just there, which portion implies the politics of a character, which portion implies the politics of a narrator who is neither "in the scene" nor the author herself, or which aspect of this mixture reflects the pure politics of the author speaking to us through fiction. None of this is to say that are not very obvious cases of political writing through fiction (fiction is inevitably rhetorical), but to say that given the abundant resources for misinterpretation, over-interpretation, reader-response completion of the meaning of the text (the enthymatic function by which the reader completes the text in his own mind), etc., we should be cautioned that when we set out to find heresy in ten thousand words of prose writing we will undoubtedly find it.
And why are you looking for it? And are you an impartial investigator or an inquisitor? And how much do you really think you can prove by all this?
This forum has a couple to a few trans people including myself. It's well within the boundaries of what's relevant here
And what exactly, pray tell, is her crime? Do you really know what her official public opinion is? And can you establish that her position is so out of step that it deserves to be characterized as "hate" or "fear"? The "everyone's a Nazi that I don't like" shtick has been wearing thin for sometime now.
You are a profoundly stupid person
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:53 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:19 am
I apologize. I’m sorry about your friend and what you’re having to do. I hope you see much better days and soon.
Apology accepted, though I'm still not done. People do like to turn to my fits in some twisted form of time-travel argument but I'm going to slap that notion down and say it takes two to tango, what was it YOU were saying to inspire that response out of me? I have rules of thumb when it comes to taking out the big guns, and you have been a shitheel in the past so spare me this idea that you weren't in someway off

I'm an aspiring dominatrix so when people, especially straight males, are acting out of order I will rub their faces in the mud. I'm especially attracted to married couples where I can dominate the man and submit to the woman. This forum experience has had a lot of disobedient little brats through it's days and I'm an enforcer. I'm very self-aware in how I go in on someone, I don't want it to be some pleasant experience which bares repeating. I don't discriminate - from the three rapemigos to my very best forum friends, if you step out of line you get the bitch
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:39 pm

I watched Lost Soul on Prime Video, which is another satisfying entry in my new favorite documentary subject: the troubled movie production (or non-production such as Jodorosky's Dune). This one shows what happened during the definition of Murphy's law that was The Island of Dr. Moreau's shoot. Like Jodorosky's Dune, it's about something that initially seemed like a masterpiece or at least would have greatly deviated from the norm, but as the documentary indicates, the stories about what happened from planning to conception are more entertaining than the end results. Besides Stanley, I enjoyed the accounts from everyone including people you would not expect to participate like Rob Morrow, who understandably quit over safety concerns. Val Kilmer, on the other hand, is understandably absent given the complete lack of nice things said about him. The highlights are the commentaries from Fairuza Balk, whose angry departure over Stanley's dismissal and eventual return reveal the dark side of being an actress in Hollywood and those from production assistants Lewis and Oli Dickson, who surprisingly admit that they would do it all over again if they could. Stanley is absent from the middle of the documentary for obvious reasons, and while he returns for the final third, you could argue that there’s too much from him given his limited involvement on the whole and the plethora of other horror stories on which the documentary could focus. I didn’t have a problem with this, especially since the project was his (stolen) baby, the attention it gives to those other stories is more than sufficient and the reason for his late return which I will not divulge warrants it and then some.

Since watching it, I've gone down a Stanley rabbit hole. Besides watching Color Out of Space and his music videos for Fields of the Nephilim, which are awesome, I ordered the director's cut of Hardware. I look forward to being mind-f***ed.
Last Great Movie Seen
Razorback (Mulcahy, 1984)
WHIT BISSELL!

Post by WHIT BISSELL! » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:23 pm

The Window - 9/10 - This is a 1949 RKO release and involves a 9 year old boy named Tommy Woodry (Bobby Driscoll) with a predilection for tall tales. So much so that when, while sleeping on his buildings fire escape in the middle of a NYC heat wave, he witnesses his upstairs neighbors murder a man. Because of his past history no one will believe him, including his parents (Arthur Kennedy & Barbara Hale). He sneaks out and tries to tell the police as well but their visit to his neighbors apartment leads nowhere. It does however raise their suspicions which lead them to Tommy. This is a concise (73 minutes) and efficient B&W thriller which manages to incorporate myriad elements on a spare budget. It's anchored by a skillful performance by child actor Driscoll who, as the opening credits explain, was on loan from Disney who had him under contract. He starred in some of their classic features like Song of the South and Treasure Island. His backstory turns out to be a tragic one. Married and divorced by 21, he ended up dying at the young age of 31 from complications resulting from a long history of drug abuse. He was buried in a mass, unmarked, paupers grave after being found in an abandoned tenement in Manhattan's East village. You'll find that significant after watching the opening minutes of this movie.
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:08 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:37 pm
This forum has a couple to a few trans people including myself. It's well within the boundaries of what's relevant here
"I am trans" is not an argument. It's not a reason why we should legislate for or against a topic. Sure, let's explore all topics, but be prepared to make your case. There is too much lazy "Well, she's a TERF, so fuck her!" knee-jerking going on here. In interviews I've seen with Rowling, she does not seem to be anti-trans, but rather sees other interests competing with the claims of the trans community. I know that in the present hierarchy of identity politics trans trumps all (the "me too" movement, did allow women to gain on the pack), but if our analyses of these topics is to go beyond the rock-paper-scissors of our identitarian hierarchy, we must fairly consider the interests and claims of other parties. She does not appear to be the monster that some people make her out to be and psychoanalyzing her texts looking for proof of heresy is rather pathetic.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:24 am

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:08 am
"I am trans" is not an argument.
Is your identity a fucking argument? Shut up
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:55 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:53 pm
Apology accepted, though I'm still not done. People do like to turn to my fits in some twisted form of time-travel argument but I'm going to slap that notion down and say it takes two to tango, what was it YOU were saying to inspire that response out of me? I have rules of thumb when it comes to taking out the big guns, and you have been a shitheel in the past so spare me this idea that you weren't in someway off

I'm an aspiring dominatrix so when people, especially straight males, are acting out of order I will rub their faces in the mud. I'm especially attracted to married couples where I can dominate the man and submit to the woman. This forum experience has had a lot of disobedient little brats through it's days and I'm an enforcer. I'm very self-aware in how I go in on someone, I don't want it to be some pleasant experience which bares repeating. I don't discriminate - from the three rapemigos to my very best forum friends, if you step out of line you get the bitch
What would warrant you telling me to kill myself repeatedly?
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:59 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:55 am
What would warrant you telling me to kill myself repeatedly?
I dunno bipolar induced mania, I have a lot of boxes checked regarding mental illness and you aren't clean from picking at what I cannot help mr Holier than thou, you are well aware of what you are doing and frankly you have easily descended into sociopathic territory yourself. Honestly, if we were to go tit for tat for terrible things we've said it we would largely cancel each other out so why go down that route when it's well in the past? I'm a completely different person
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:14 am

Nameless, you're a frustrating character. There are times when it seems like you just need a hug. At other times it seems that you're raving mad. At other times you just seem like a jerk using mental illness to get a pass. Serious engagement in civil discourse is not grounded in dominatrix fantasies. You could just reciprocate and say that you're sorry for telling people to kill themselves. For my part, I sincerely regret those moments when I've crossed the line with you.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:23 am

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:14 am
Nameless, you're a frustrating character. There are times when it seems like you just need a hug. At other times it seems that you're raving mad. At other times you just seem like a jerk using mental illness to get a pass. Serious engagement in civil discourse is not grounded in dominatrix fantasies. You could just reciprocate and say that you're sorry for telling people to kill themselves. For my part, I sincerely regret those moments when I've crossed the line with you.
Dude I've already apologized more than I can count for my bullshit, yeesh. The fuck are you to judge you absolute piece of shit
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:23 am

Like, no actually apology not accepted YARN, you have straight up made me want to kill myself so go fuck yourself
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:23 am
Like, no actually apology not accepted YARN, you have straight up made me want to kill myself so go fuck yourself
You've hurt my feelings too Nameless. You've called me a racist, rapist, and every other name in the book. You've told me to kill myself explicitly and repeatedly. You've said horrible things about my family. You pissed me off once, and so I "played the dozens" with you. Again, I regret getting mean to even the score.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:45 am

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 am
You've hurt my feelings too Nameless. You've called me a racist, rapist, and every other name in the book. You've told me to kill myself explicitly and repeatedly. You've said horrible things about my family. You pissed me off once, and so I "played the dozens" with you. Again, I regret getting mean to even the score.
Oh boo fucking hoo
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:47 am

You all want to just go have a party in front of St. Peter and argue our ways into heaven? Actually get fucked
topherH

Post by topherH » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:20 am

Nameless is a dominatrix?
--Whether you think you can or can't, you're probably right--
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:59 am
I dunno bipolar induced mania, I have a lot of boxes checked regarding mental illness and you aren't clean from picking at what I cannot help mr Holier than thou, you are well aware of what you are doing and frankly you have easily descended into sociopathic territory yourself. Honestly, if we were to go tit for tat for terrible things we've said it we would largely cancel each other out so why go down that route when it's well in the past? I'm a completely different person
What specifically have I said to you that makes you feel like I’ve been a comparable aggressor to you?

Actually, it’s cool. I don’t think this conversation will go anywhere productive. Take care of yourself!
replican

Post by replican » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:55 am

I remember my first message board meltdown
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:09 am

Doctor Sleep is very slowly becoming a new favorite film of mine. Imperfect, no doubt-- the Overlook stuff at the end doesn't quite have the pop and zing of the prior two hours, maybe because there's no way you can use that location and those characters without conjuring the specter of Kubrick's impeccable craft. But the film on rewatch becomes a treat, watching these disparate threads at the beginning, knowing they will converge, but being allowed the time to see these characters live and breathe in their own circumstances. It's very reminiscent of how careful Darabont was in his first two King pictures to take it slow, trust the material, and let the characters live. (Reiner's probably been the best at transmuting King's sometimes-wandering prose into a zippier, audience-friendly pace without losing the essence of the stories.) Rose the Hat 4ever.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:19 am

DaMU wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:09 am
Doctor Sleep is very slowly becoming a new favorite film of mine. Imperfect, no doubt-- the Overlook stuff at the end doesn't quite have the pop and zing of the prior two hours, maybe because there's no way you can use that location and those characters without conjuring the specter of Kubrick's impeccable craft. But the film on rewatch becomes a treat, watching these disparate threads at the beginning, knowing they will converge, but being allowed the time to see these characters live and breathe in their own circumstances. It's very reminiscent of how careful Darabont was in his first two King pictures to take it slow, trust the material, and let the characters live. (Reiner's probably been the best at transmuting King's sometimes-wandering prose into a zippier, audience-friendly pace without losing the essence of the stories.) Rose the Hat 4ever.
It's a little saccharine. I wish it had had the courage to go darker -
more zombie dead baby moments and fewer "You should know that you're in the mind of Danny Torrance, who is super-great!" moments of affirmation.
I would've like a tone that suggest that just maybe things were going to go really badly. I never really got the sense of that "risk." It felt too safe.

McGregor does a fine job. Ferguson is the highlight of the movie even though she gets stuck in some cheesy "foiled again!" moments.

I wish it had more time to unfold - a mini-series on HBO or Netflix could've let the narrative have more chance to "settle in."

Definitely worth the watch despite the flaws. Kind of a B-side to the Kubrick film.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 am
What specifically have I said to you that makes you feel like I’ve been a comparable aggressor to you?
Do you honestly think I keep track of my 200k or whatever posts (in particular my petty grievances which amount to maybe 1/1000th of my real life's concerns), 90% of which exist on a forum which no longer exists? All I stand by are my rules of thumb, you'd wonder why I've never been banned yet how many accounts has YARN gone through? The YARN stuff is still fresh on my memory but none of my fights with you are, like uh congrats on getting married?
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:56 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am
Do you honestly think I keep track of my 200k or whatever posts (in particular my petty grievances which amount to maybe 1/1000th of my real life's concerns), 90% of which exist on a forum which no longer exists? All I stand by are my rules of thumb, you'd wonder why I've never been banned yet how many accounts has YARN gone through? The YARN stuff is still fresh on my memory but none of my fights with you are, like uh congrats on getting married?
Nameless, I was never banned. I was never banned on RT. I was never banned here. I remember when you were Nameless Court Wizard and The Nameless One. Now you're The Nameless Two. How many other monikers have you gone by? More than me to be sure. I went from YARN to Melvin. That's it.

Indeed, I left it up to you whether I would continue to post here. When I asked, you said, "Do as thou wilt and let that be the whole of the law." If you had said something else, I wouldn't be here.

So again, I'll leave to you. Say the word and I shall permanently abandon this account so that you can rant in peace.

What say you?
Thief

Post by Thief » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm

replican wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:56 pm
Portrait of a Lady on Fire - 5/5

This lived up to the hype for me. It starts off slow. But considering all the accolades heaved upon it last year, I was like this has to be going somewhere. My fear was that it would be one of those period pieces that mistook ambiguity, shadows, echoes and muted emotions for great art. This movie is fucking great. So many themes/ideas explored here. And to be honest, most of the ideologies and politics in this movie isn't my cup of tea. BUT the movie is so good that it allows you to see the humanity in the midst of it all.

This is the best feminist, humanist movie I have seen in a long time. And that's coming from someone with a bad track record on the former.

It doesn't take a wrong step. I thought the ending was going to be botched when it didn't stop at that turn around scene but nope, continued on brilliantly. And you know there's no misstep because you never get taken out of the world. I was firmly ensconced in that time and place for the duration of the film.

First class acting.

Yeah, this was masterful.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:56 am
So again, I'll leave to you. Say the word and I shall permanently abandon this account so that you can rant in peace.

What say you?
Yeah, can you do us all a favor and never post here again? Kthxbye

Like, who is ranting here after going on for four paragraphs about protecting a white woman who is richer than the Queen of England in favor of an entire group she is disparaging? You don't even realize how much of a piece of shit you are
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Take replican with you
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:16 pm

topherH wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:20 am
Nameless is a dominatrix?
You either die a hero or live long enough to see it become your fetish
Melvin Butterworth

Post by Melvin Butterworth » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:00 pm

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm
Yeah, can you do us all a favor and never post here again? Kthxbye

Like, who is ranting here after going on for four paragraphs about protecting a white woman who is richer than the Queen of England in favor of an entire group she is disparaging? You don't even realize how much of a piece of shit you are
As you wish. Take this as my final sincere apology.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:24 pm

DaMU wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:09 am
Was this rewatch the DC or theatrical? I’ve been curious about the DC.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:25 pm

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am
The YARN stuff is still fresh on my memory but none of my fights with you are, like uh congrats on getting married?
Thanks, amiga! It’s been nice thus far.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:57 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:24 pm
Was this rewatch the DC or theatrical? I’ve been curious about the DC.
The original theatrical, but I have the 3-hour version now, so will give that a shot at some point.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Thief

Post by Thief » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:08 pm

MKS got married? Congrats!
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:10 pm

I vaguely remember MKS saying he got married on RT, but congrats to you!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Thanks, guys! It overlapped with when RT crumbled and crashed into the sea and every other thing that went bananas in 2016 but I look at is one of the few good things since that year.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:17 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:25 pm
Thanks, amiga! It’s been nice thus far.
No problem! It genuinely makes me happy that you seemingly have it going on and sad that I said a bunch of shitty things to you in the past.

I grew up with rough people, including my best friend here who I'm still writing that eulogy for. All of my relationships have been dark where it's a sign of affection more than anything, we're all weird occultists who like to push boundaries. A bunch of punks and metalheads screaming bloody murder at each other, often with a head full of whatever drugs. You know that one Wu-Tang intro on 36 Chambers about the torture methods? That kinda stuff, and most often with our tongue in cheek, we're accumulated to having our beings shred down to their last atoms. That's not to excuse my angry outbursts, just providing context to where exactly this all comes from

This so called music career was 75% best friend, he had the studio and jam space which has so thoroughly gifted my life for so long. There is so much life we had interwoven - getting cancelled is the least of my concerns - I lost the best musician I ever knew, my musical compatriot and partner in crime since grade 2. I'm guessing 1000 hours of good recorded jams along with his solo work which my friends and I are going to go into and master. We've never made a dime doing this, it's all passion. We split 50 bucks one time for managing the CDs at a friend's wedding

One day, on shrooms, up near the water tower on the grass leading up to the cement platform where the tower loomed, we saw Samuel L Jackson in the sky and determined that He was our lord, so I rest easy knowing that he's with the Big Guy and all of our other lost stars. I'm sure he's having a better time drumming with the likes of Tony Allen and Ginger Baker than he ever did with me. Maybe Aleister Crowley will have a proper word with him about being a drug fiend as they chill in the great opium den in the sky and help imagine our future via the vastness of idea space
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Once again, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, Nameless. It's really rough to lose a best friend like that, and I hope that you see better days in the future. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to reach out to me via dms.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Once again, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, Nameless. It's really rough to lose a best friend like that, and I hope that you see better days in the future. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to reach out to me via dms.
Thank you buddy. I think the best we can do is just do what we love because, well, that's what we did. Love the process, love the practice, it's all zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. I'm focusing hard on making my eulogy as perfect as possible before Saturday, written and spoken word is very important to the likes of us. I'll share it with you when I'm done
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:46 pm

If anyone wants to summon YARN just say his name three times, but he's completely your responsibility at that point
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:49 pm

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:31 pm
Thank you buddy. I think the best we can do is just do what we love because, well, that's what we did. Love the process, love the practice, it's all zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. I'm focusing hard on making my eulogy as perfect as possible before Saturday, written and spoken word is very important to the likes of us. I'll share it with you when I'm done
Ok, thanks. I'll be happy to read it.
Kayden Kross

Post by Kayden Kross » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:09 pm

is it a good time to tell everyone that Polanski did, in fact, serve time in prison?
yours truly,
kayden kross.
Charles

Post by Charles » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm

Always a good time to talk about prison. Shame we lost a poster though.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Charles wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm
Always a good time to talk about prison. Shame we lost a poster though.
Wait, so a former Corrie/RT poster is in prison?
Charles

Post by Charles » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 pm
Wait, so a former Corrie/RT poster is in prison?
There's a notorious RT poster from way back called Fabfunk that's in jail for grooming a minor. I was talking about Melvin apparently saying he won't come back though.