The Television Thread

Discuss anything you want.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ace
Posts: 23721
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Ace » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:39 am

Season 2 is where it's at for Castlevania. The character development is top notch. You really get a sense for what Dracula was going for and you get some depths into his psyche. When he describes how he used to relish the details. So good.
Co host of the Film Raiders Podcast.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
User avatar
Stu
Posts: 25044
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Stu » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:25 am

And speaking of Spike Lee...

User avatar
boojiboyhowdy
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by boojiboyhowdy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

So far the third season of True Detective seems to be leaning kind of heavily on season one. Still too early to tell after Sunday's two episodes. But it does feature
1. the flashback to an old case format 2. hand crafted totems, this time in the form of straw dolls and 3. mentions of pedophilia.
That last one may or may not be a red herring though.
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Deschain13 wrote: I loved the first season. It did a great job of making me empathize with each character, especially and surprisingly Dracula. I thought it was dripping with atmosphere and lore while staying true to the source material and rerferencing the games without being cheesy or winky. Season 2 starts off slow as it introduces some new characters and spends a lot of time developing them but the payoff was worth it for me.
I'm just realizing that my write-up sounded a bit more harsh than I intended, so I might have to say that, overall, I enjoyed it despite the flaws I mentioned. I guess I was expecting a bit more, but perhaps as I continue with the second season, most of its setup will come to focus.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 pm

I've just discovered theres a season 3 of Daredevil!!!

Should i be excited?
User avatar
Deschain13
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Deschain13 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Rumpled wrote:I've just discovered theres a season 3 of Daredevil!!!

Should i be excited?
I liked it a lot. :)
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Deschain13 wrote: I liked it a lot. :)
Phew :up:
User avatar
boojiboyhowdy
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by boojiboyhowdy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 pm

Season 3 of DD is great.
User avatar
Ace
Posts: 23721
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Ace » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 am

boojiboyhowdy wrote:Season 3 of DD is great.
Yes season 3 of true DeteciveD is great. :p
Co host of the Film Raiders Podcast.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 am

I started the second season of Future Man and I can't stop watching.

I'm not sure it's quite as good as the first season, but it's still really funny and also develops some solid emotional payoffs. Eliza Coupe shines in this season. She's amazing.

The series pursues a different plot structure than the first season. It's a little more scattered feeling, but it's nice that they don't simply repeat the dynamics from the first season.

My only complaint is that the boisterous, kind-hearted presence of Keith David is much missed.
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 am

Takoma1 wrote:I started the second season of Future Man and I can't stop watching.

I'm not sure it's quite as good as the first season, but it's still really funny and also develops some solid emotional payoffs. Eliza Coupe shines in this season. She's amazing.

The series pursues a different plot structure than the first season. It's a little more scattered feeling, but it's nice that they don't simply repeat the dynamics from the first season.

My only complaint is that the boisterous, kind-hearted presence of Keith David is much missed.
I was about to ask you if you had seen it. I've only seen two episodes, but I'm enjoying it so far.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:52 am

Thief wrote:
I was about to ask you if you had seen it. I've only seen two episodes, but I'm enjoying it so far.
Much like the first season, it continues to surprise and delight me with the way that the plot twists and turns and the integration of stand-alone plots and the long-form plot arc. They really make the most of the actors in the main ensemble.

Also: kudos for its portrayal of bisexuality and its dumb-smart critique of the current USA climate. ("These strays just want to come in and live off of our system and take our jobs!" "Wait . . .so they're lazy AND they want to work?").
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Torgo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:25 pm

I enjoyed Killing Eve. The show is nearly as chaotic and unpredictable as its antagonist, the international assassin Villanelle (Jodie Comer), who deserves the same amount of recognition for her performance that Sandra Oh has received. While that unpredictably is sometimes frustrating because it comes across as misleading and/or just plain bad writing, I tolerated it because it provides a unique edge-on-your-seat sensation throughout.
The entire first season is on Hulu.
Last Great Movie Seen
Kind Hearts and Coronets (Hamer, 1949)
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 am

I finished the second season of Future Man and thought that it did a really nice job (as with the first season) of building to a satisfying "conclusion", yet leaving room for another story (in a totally different direction).

I regret speeding through it so fast, but it did a really nice job of continuing to build its characters and the dynamics between them.
User avatar
Captain Oats
Posts: 28928
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Captain Oats » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:19 pm

User avatar
Deschain13
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Deschain13 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am

Because CBS did great work with Under the Dome. :roll:
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 am

Takoma1 wrote:I finished the second season of Future Man and thought that it did a really nice job (as with the first season) of building to a satisfying "conclusion", yet leaving room for another story (in a totally different direction).

I regret speeding through it so fast, but it did a really nice job of continuing to build its characters and the dynamics between them.
I saw episode 7 last night and, boy...
that bit at the end of season 1 about Tiger being a Biotic really flew way over my head. Don't remember "getting" that, so when they ended episode 7 with Wolf realizing that, I was like "What?"
Guess I'll see how they develop that in the next episodes.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 am

Deschain13 wrote:Because CBS did great work with Under the Dome. :roll:
Oh boy, did that suck or what? I gave up halfway through season 1, but as far as I remember, Dean Norris was the only thing worth watching there.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:20 am

Thief wrote:
I saw episode 7 last night and, boy...
that bit at the end of season 1 about Tiger being a Biotic really flew way over my head. Don't remember "getting" that, so when they ended episode 7 with Wolf realizing that, I was like "What?"
Guess I'll see how they develop that in the next episodes.
Well, the first episode of the second season does
show that critical flashback of her not being affected by the gas and Wolf going "What?" or "How?", then she pretends to cough (this is after they land in the fountain).
I really like how they developed . . . everything in the second season.

And I think that the way they end the second season has potential for other, different awesomeness.
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:04 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Well, the first episode of the second season does
show that critical flashback of her not being affected by the gas and Wolf going "What?" or "How?", then she pretends to cough (this is after they land in the fountain).
I really like how they developed . . . everything in the second season.

And I think that the way they end the second season has potential for other, different awesomeness.
I don't know why I didn't connect the dots. I think I probably thought "Ahh, she's tough" or something, but that just didn't stick with me :shifty:
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:29 am

Thief wrote:
I don't know why I didn't connect the dots. I think I probably thought "Ahh, she's tough" or something, but that just didn't stick with me :shifty:
Not to make you feel bad, but they had kind of loaded that reveal with all of the talk about how
biotics were resistant to the gas
, and it was one of the "big moments" for me in the first season finale.

To be fair, though, I'd actually forgotten about that reveal until they reminded us in the flashback.

You know what I'd also forgotten: the ridiculously large penis. I think I just repressed it.

JOOSH.
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Not to make you feel bad, but they had kind of loaded that reveal with all of the talk about how
biotics were resistant to the gas
, and it was one of the "big moments" for me in the first season finale.

To be fair, though, I'd actually forgotten about that reveal until they reminded us in the flashback.

You know what I'd also forgotten: the ridiculously large penis. I think I just repressed it.

JOOSH.
I'm feeling bad without you making me feel bad, LOL. That's why I had the shifty face :shifty:

Damn, I feel dumb.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:14 am

Anyway, I just finished TNT's The Last Ship. I started watching this show back when it started in 2014 and, although it never was groundbreaking in any way, shape, or form, for most of its duration I thought it was consistently entertaining. Many times it sinks into dumb action show tropes, but I still think it succeeded in being fun and thrilling. Action scenes were well handled and most of the characters were engaging.

I sorta lost track of it at the end of season 3, but I decided to pick it up again about a month ago. Binge-watched the last two seasons, and I was very pleased with the overall result. There was a stretch of episodes in the backend of the last season that had me on the edge, and I think it had a season finale that was as satisfying as it could've been for a seemingly dumb action show with a moderate budget. The writers kinda balked at what could've been a very poetic ending at the last second, but I still enjoyed it.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Jinnistan
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Jinnistan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm

When did Stephen Dorff turn into Dennis Quaid?
User avatar
boojiboyhowdy
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by boojiboyhowdy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Umbrella Academy trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DAmWHxeoKw

Coming up on Netflix in a couple of weeks. Looks...interesting. The problem being that I've never heard of or read the comic book it's based on. And a major part of enjoying an adaptation is seeing how it measures up to your familiarity of it. Although it is just as likely to end up disappointing you. And I don't think something like this lends itself to being seen cold.
User avatar
Slentert
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:23 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Slentert » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 pm

I really liked the first volume of Umbrella Academy. I wasn't so hot on the second one. Have not read the new series that is currently being published.
I'll probably watch the show on Netflix. It looks fun (but also has the potential of becoming a real stinker).
User avatar
Captain Terror
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Captain Terror » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm midway through Daredevil S3 and really enjoying it. I'm more convinced now than ever that this version of Kingpin is my favorite live-action Marvel villain. Boy, do I hate this guy! If you're like me and gave up on this universe after some middling entries, I recommend watching DD3 at least. I'd say it's safe to skip the other series if you'd rather not bother with them all. Can't think of anything that is dependent on familiarity with the other shows.
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:06 am

I enjoyed the most recent episode of Brooklyn-99, the last Gina episode as Chelsea Paretti departs the show.

"Hello, daddy?! Yes, daddy! No, daddy! DADDY?!?!?!? Daddy wants the young man fired. What is your first and last name??
AnthonyDo
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:55 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by AnthonyDo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:58 am

Thief wrote:I recently started watching TNT's Animal Kingdom and I have to say read about the Dbal max solution it's pretty darn good. Finished season 1 last night and all of it was pretty intense and well acted.
I've watched the movie the show is based on and this was the reason I did not watch the show as normally the shows don't do justice to the movie. However, after your recommendation, I'll give first few episodes a try.
User avatar
Ace
Posts: 23721
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Ace » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:45 am

Takoma1 wrote:I enjoyed the most recent episode of Brooklyn-99, the last Gina episode as Chelsea Paretti departs the show.

"Hello, daddy?! Yes, daddy! No, daddy! DADDY?!?!?!? Daddy wants the young man fired. What is your first and last name??
And Mario Lopez! So good.
Co host of the Film Raiders Podcast.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:02 pm

The Animal Kingdom TV series has Dennis Leary in it, so that's a hard pass from me.

I'm now done with two episodes of Russian Doll on Netflix and really enjoying it. Natasha Lyonne plays a grungy code-writer who gets trapped in some sort of time loop on the night of her 36th birthday, continuously dying and being zapped back to the same moment as she washes her hands at a bathroom sink.

I'm not going to say much more about the plot. I think that Lyonne is doing a hell of a job in the lead role. It took me a while to figure out, but a lot of her physical gestures and timing make me think of if Columbo had three too many cups of coffee. There are some really excellent, absurd lines of dialogue. There are also intriguing ambiguities about the extent to which each repetition has moments that are set in stone, or if they can be altered.

The episodes are only ~25 minutes each, with a season of 8 episodes, so this should be a pretty quick one to get through, though I'm trying to pace it out a bit.
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Ace wrote: And Mario Lopez! So good.
"Hey, uh, it's raining out here, so could I just like ----"
"Get lost, Slater!"
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Latest Binges....

You 9/10

Happy Valley S01-02 9/10

Luther S01-04 8/10

Bleak House (2005) 8/10

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina 8/10

The Last Kingdom 8/10

Daredevil S03 7/10

The ABC Murders 7/10

The Blacklist S01 7/10
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:28 pm

AnthonyDo wrote:
I've watched the movie the show is based on and this was the reason I did not watch the show as normally the shows don't do justice to the movie. However, after your recommendation, I'll give first few episodes a try.
I haven't seen the film, so I don't have that frame of reference; but overall, it's a solid show.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
boojiboyhowdy
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by boojiboyhowdy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:39 pm

Adult Swim's Tropical Cop Tales makes The Heart, She Holler look downright Shakespearean by comparison. TH,SH was, IMO, probably the worst live action show AS ever greenlighted until last nights premiere of TCT. But maybe that's not an apt comparison. TH, SH was firmly grounded in it's grossness while TCT is going for more of an unrelenting (and ofttimes labored) surrealism. It reminded me of the trailer for The Greasy Strangler which makes sense since it's by the same writing/directing team of Toby Harvard and Jim Hosking. It's filmed in the Dominican Republic which is prominently mentioned several times in the end credits. I don't know if it'll get any better but did I watch both 15 minute episodes. That's gotta count for something. In Dominican Republic currency I'm assuming.
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:26 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Happy Valley S01-02 9/10

The Blacklist S01 7/10[/b]
I liked ("enjoyed" doesn't seem like the right word) the first season of Happy Valley, but the sequence with the
sadistic rape and torture with the drugs
was right on the edge of too much for me. After finding out that
that character
would be in the second season, I decided to skip it.

Months after watching the show, some family and I were scrolling for something benign to watch while cooking and we came on Grantchester which is like "priest and journalist solve crimes", but just seeing the men on the cover I got incredibly anxious and realized after a beat that it was James Norton. I still can't look at him without feeling a little sick.

As for The Blacklist/b], a 7 sounds about right. I like James Spader a lot (and there are some really neat guest stars, including the fabulous Jennifer Ehle), but the show is pretty dumb. I think I made it through the second season and a few episodes into the third. Spoiler: it gets dumber as it goes.
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
I liked ("enjoyed" doesn't seem like the right word) the first season of Happy Valley, but the sequence with the
sadistic rape and torture with the drugs
was right on the edge of too much for me. After finding out that
that character
would be in the second season, I decided to skip it.

As for The Blacklist/b], a 7 sounds about right. I like James Spader a lot (and there are some really neat guest stars, including the fabulous Jennifer Ehle), but the show is pretty dumb. I think I made it through the second season and a few episodes into the third. Spoiler: it gets dumber as it goes.


Well hate to be sadistic but...
that's why i loved it the show was so gritty and not wussy like so many other shows in england... not that i condone rape or anything.
:(

And as for The Blacklist... i'm staying on my uncles sofa at the moment.. he's now starting season 2 to 5 and i can see myself getting sick of James Spaders shtick :x It looks like he knows everyone every episode and he's such a rip-off of hannibal lector!
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Well hate to be sadistic but...
that's why i loved it the show was so gritty and not wussy like so many other shows in england... not that i condone rape or anything.
:(
Well, like I said, it was right on the edge for me.

It was such a relief when
it seemed like he was going to die in the houseboat fire. But when he didn't and I realized he'd still be around, I just couldn't do it. I think it's really well-acted and the story is very compelling (especially the way that it shows how so many of the other men--the guy who hires them, the other kidnappers--like to think of themselves as good guys, but are also peripherally guilty of everything that happens to her). But his character was too awful. He's a sadist and he has this leverage over the main character because of the child. It was okay for one season, but I think that anything to do with him isn't something I'd want to see any more of.
And as for The Blacklist... i'm staying on my uncles sofa at the moment.. he's now starting season 2 to 5 and i can see myself getting sick of James Spaders shtick :x It looks like he knows everyone every episode and he's such a rip-off of hannibal lector!
I think that the writing is a lot to blame. I watch with captions, and it makes me very aware of what the actors are being given to say. The character is written as being pretty formulaic (they say something, he says "That sounds like the Mangler--Ukranian heavy who disfigures the wealthy who don't pay their debts"). The whole show basically rests on Spader and I think that the actress who plays the lead is pretty bad. Generally speaking the show (of what I saw) never manages to do anything compelling with the other secondary characters, which means that as a whole the dynamics are never allowed to evolve. And all of the subplots with Tom (is he good or bad?!) just make your head spin.
User avatar
Thief
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Thief » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:44 pm

I got tired of The Blacklist somewhere during the first season. It was all the same formula, rinse and repeat. To make matters worse, most of the actors, Spader aside, couldn't act. The lead actress was horrible.

Here's something I wrote about it a while ago...

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/The- ... -blacklist
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:03 am

Finished Russian Doll and thought it was pretty great. Wish they'd fleshed out one plot element a little more, but overall a really funny, dark, interesting series.
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
Well, like I said, it was right on the edge for me.

It was such a relief when
it seemed like he was going to die in the houseboat fire. But when he didn't and I realized he'd still be around, I just couldn't do it. I think it's really well-acted and the story is very compelling (especially the way that it shows how so many of the other men--the guy who hires them, the other kidnappers--like to think of themselves as good guys, but are also peripherally guilty of everything that happens to her). But his character was too awful. He's a sadist and he has this leverage over the main character because of the child. It was okay for one season, but I think that anything to do with him isn't something I'd want to see any more of.
Season 2 is good he's in jail and has one of them loony women who have relationships with psycho prisoners and uses her to do evil

oh and Super Spoiler =
He survives
:shifty:

Image
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:31 pm

^ Just realized she was Moaning Myrtle the bathroom school girl in harry potter... played at the age of 40 that must be a record!!! :shock:

Take that stockard channing
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Season 2 is good he's in jail and has one of them loony women who have relationships with psycho prisoners and uses her to do evil

oh and Super Spoiler =
He survives
:shifty:

Image
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of extension to that storyline that I'm not interested in.
User avatar
Rumpled
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Rumpled » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of extension to that storyline that I'm not interested in.

Ewwww :( = https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/ ... ans-hot-tv
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Torgo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 pm

I wish Donner's Star Trek reviews were still available so I could read his thoughts on "Friday's Child." In the immortal words of Krusty the Clown, "what the hell was that?" Highlights include a male pattern baldness Klingon who everyone just calls "Klingon" and Spock questioning the meaning of the phrase "goochie goochie goo."
Last Great Movie Seen
Kind Hearts and Coronets (Hamer, 1949)
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 am

Gross. I mean, he's an attractive person physically. And I guess that I can't condemn people for having their fantasies. But, like, find some other role that he's played and build a fantasy around that. His character is pretty far beyond what I'd consider lust-able bad boy territory.
User avatar
Deschain13
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Deschain13 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:07 am

Takoma1 wrote:Finished Russian Doll and thought it was pretty great. Wish they'd fleshed out one plot element a little more, but overall a really funny, dark, interesting series.
Just finished it, I liked it too. It got positivitely Lynchian there for a little bit. Don’t think it needs a season 2.
User avatar
Takoma1
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 pm

Deschain13 wrote: Just finished it, I liked it too. It got positivitely Lynchian there for a little bit. Don’t think it needs a season 2.
Agreed. I think it makes for a great capsule story.
Post Reply