The Television Thread

Discuss anything you want.
Deschain13

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Deschain13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Mindhunter season 2 drops today! One of the most criminally (no pun intended) underseen shows of this era. Season one was SO good.
Thief

Post by Thief » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Wut!!
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Awesome. I'm a clutching a woman's shoe in anticipation.
Last Great Movie Seen
Loves of a Blonde (Forman, 1965)
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 am

The new season of AMC's The Terror, which is about Japanese internment camps, seems like it will be very good based on the first episode. It's nice to see George Takei in an acting role alone.
If you haven't seen the first season, which is an adaptation of Dan Simmons' The Terror, check it out. I highly recommend it.
Last Great Movie Seen
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 pm

So I guess whatever appeal Preacher had once had when it first premiered has dissipated. I don't see too many people talking about it anymore. I suppose that second season in New Orleans was difficult to get through for a lot of people. But according to AMC this is the show's final season so I plan on finishing it out.
My heart is still and awaits its hour.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:46 am

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 pm
So I guess whatever appeal Preacher had once had when it first premiered has dissipated. I don't see too many people talking about it anymore. I suppose that second season in New Orleans was difficult to get through for a lot of people. But according to AMC this is the show's final season so I plan on finishing it out.
I blasted through the first five or six episodes and then just totally burned out on it. I do keep meaning to come back to it, but it's been just long enough that I feel like I'd need to rewatch those episodes. I did like what I saw, though.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:11 am

I love Preacher and recommend it often. I just don't have AMC so I have to wait for Blu.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:54 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:11 am
I love Preacher and recommend it often. I just don't have AMC so I have to wait for Blu.
I had been watching it on Hulu.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:07 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:54 am
I had been watching it on Hulu.
I gotta feed the Blu-ray addiction.

Unless it's airing earlier on Hulu. I don't think it is though.

The Boys is also a mostly quality Garth Ennis adaptation by Rogen and Goldberg but it's not nearly as well made.
Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:23 am

I'm two episodes into the new season of Mindhunter. The guy who plays David Berkowitz looks like if Robert Z'dar and Kenan Thompson had a baby.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:58 am

Rock wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:23 am
I'm two episodes into the new season of Mindhunter. The guy who plays David Berkowitz looks like if Robert Z'dar and Kenan Thompson had a baby.
Accurate. He's turned monstrous after his turn as Jonah Hill knock off in Project X (and likely accused Phillips of being a creep anonymously on Reddit)

Damon Herrimon kills it as Manson and it makes me wish he'd been featured more prominently in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

I think I mildly preferred s1 but that's possibly due to my familiarity with the vast majority of the cases explored and Kemper was an almost brand new revelation.
Rock

Post by Rock » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:16 am

He might secretly be Andy Kaufman.

I still have a few episodes left, but I'm finding this season more consistent so far, even though none of the killers interviewed are as strong as Cameron Britton's work as Ed Kemper. I just remember the first season taking a few episodes to find its footing (and have Holden evolve beyond somebody who just does everything his girlfriend says) and having more on-the-nose music choices.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:22 am

Finally finished up Too Old To Die Young. It is of course a Nicolas Windig Refn product so it should go without saying that it's grim and nihilistic and stylish as fuck. There were times where it seemed to me that it was literally trying to out-weird itself with each passing episode. And other times that appeared to be homages to the two Davids, Lynch and Cronenberg. I could be wrong though. And I think NWR planned on a second season where he would have expanded on his apocalyptic, the-centre-cannot-hold thesis but instead we're left with more of a half-formed impression. Or ... he said exactly what he meant to say. Can't quibble with the cast with Miles Teller, John Hawkes, and Jena Malone (who I mistook for Chloe Sevigny) doing a great job. I wish they would have given Hawkes and Malone more scenes together. All in all a solid 8/10.
Thief

Post by Thief » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Finally finishing Stranger Things 3, just have one more episode to go, and I'm loving it. Episodes 6 and 7 really amped things up quite a bit.
Stu

Post by Stu » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 pm

Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:33 pm

When I first ran across that trailer I thought it was one one of those Funny or Die creations. But I guess it's real? Anyway the guy playing Skinny Pete certainly could pass for a tweaker.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:20 am

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:22 am
Finally finished up Too Old To Die Young. It is of course a Nicolas Windig Refn product so it should go without saying that it's grim and nihilistic and stylish as fuck. There were times where it seemed to me that it was literally trying to out-weird itself with each passing episode. And other times that appeared to be homages to the two Davids, Lynch and Cronenberg. I could be wrong though. And I think NWR planned on a second season where he would have expanded on his apocalyptic, the-centre-cannot-hold thesis but instead we're left with more of a half-formed impression. Or ... he said exactly what he meant to say. Can't quibble with the cast with Miles Teller, John Hawkes, and Jena Malone (who I mistook for Chloe Sevigny) doing a great job. I wish they would have given Hawkes and Malone more scenes together. All in all a solid 8/10.
What did you see as an homage to Cronenberg? I think Lynch is very apt and not just because the only similar show to this is Twin Peaks the Return, but that Refn is very influenced by Lynch (among other surrealist filmmakers) and has many scenes that playfully toy with dreamlike absurdity the way Lynch does (virtually everything in the police office, the stretching of certain scenes to extreme lengths and the use of music, like Mandy).

I think Refn wanted to experiment with the nature of TV and see what happens when audiences are dropped into this story. It doesn't REALLY have a beginning as the first episode implies an entire history and plot that predates the film then ends with one story wrapped up and others seeming to continue without that seemingly important plot.

I think it's Refn as his most indulgent but also his most self aware and self deprecating. I love when he contrasts his Refnisms with "reality," such as every scene of Teller's detective interacting with other detectives.

It's trying at times but I think it's easily the best piece of TV I've seen all year.
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:45 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:20 am
What did you see as an homage to Cronenberg?
That whole thing with Viggo at the trailer park in episode 9. So much was happening though that I could have misinterpreted it. Plus Cronenberg is so adept at implying that there's something ominous at work under the most banal of moments. That could have had more to do with Refn's pacing. Just about every moment came off as loaded and treacherous.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:14 am

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:45 am
That whole thing with Viggo at the trailer park in episode 9. So much was happening though that I could have misinterpreted it. Plus Cronenberg is so adept at implying that there's something ominous at work under the most banal of moments. That could have had more to do with Refn's pacing. Just about every moment came off as loaded and treacherous.
I'm not saying you're misinterpreting at all, I just didn't see it myself. You are referring to when...
Viggo guns down all the pedophiles and fiends in a big send up of Americana and violence?
If so, what stood out as Cronenbergian? I can see his influence in some of the sex/violence links, like the sub/dom relationship between Jesus and Yaritza, as well as the general cold, clinical and composed feeling of the aesthetics, though I feel that connection spreads to filmmakers like Lynch, Bergman and Kitano, who feel more direct influences for Refn.
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:14 am
I'm not saying you're misinterpreting at all, I just didn't see it myself. You are referring to when...
Viggo guns down all the pedophiles and fiends in a big send up of Americana and violence?
If so, what stood out as Cronenbergian? I can see his influence in some of the sex/violence links, like the sub/dom relationship between Jesus and Yaritza, as well as the general cold, clinical and composed feeling of the aesthetics, though I feel that connection spreads to filmmakers like Lynch, Bergman and Kitano, who feel more direct influences for Refn.
Yes. I immediately flashed on Lynch but couldn't really pin it down so I thought of Cronenberg but like I said before this probably had more to do with Refn allowing scenes to play out at a calculated tempo. It wasn't the weird sex subplot that made me think of Cronenberg. It was the overall tone of the series.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Yes. I immediately flashed on Lynch but couldn't really pin it down so I thought of Cronenberg but like I said before this probably had more to do with Refn allowing scenes to play out at a calculated tempo. It wasn't the weird sex subplot that made me think of Cronenberg. It was the overall tone of the series.
Have you seen much Kitano?
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:24 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm
Have you seen much Kitano?
If you mean Takeshi Kitano I've only seen three of the movies he directed: The Outrage, Brother and Sonatine. Sonatine was my personal favorite.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:24 am
If you mean Takeshi Kitano I've only seen three of the movies he directed: The Outrage, Brother and Sonatine. Sonatine was my personal favorite.
Yup. That's who I meant. Out of those, I think Sonatine most exemplifies what I'm talking about (along with much of his early work, Violent Cop, Boiling Point and Hana-Bi as well). Kitano basically took Ozu's visual language and decided to apply it to violent, nihilistic Yakuza films.

They're slow, extremely composed yet have the sense that any moment can be interrupted by blood shed. The blood shed is usually filmed exactly like any other scene or conversation, so there's a detached quality. The mass execution in episode 2 seems to be operating from Kitano's playbook (well, the whole episode right down to the abuse of women and contradictory homoeroticism of the cartel).

I was hoping someone else saw the Kitano connection as I've yet to really hear it get brought up in conversations of Refn's work, at least not to the degree that Lynch or Jodorowsky do.
Thief

Post by Thief » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Stu wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 pm
I don't know what to say. One one hand, I still feel skeptic about this, but on the other, I love the characters and I love Gilligan's direction and aesthetics.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Here's the trailer for Netflix's The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, which comes out this weekend.
Chicago Sun-Times gives it high praise, so I'm optimistic.

Last Great Movie Seen
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:40 pm

Torgo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:09 pm
Here's the trailer for Netflix's The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, which comes out this weekend.
Chicago Sun-Times gives it high praise, so I'm optimistic.

Can't wait!!!
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Dave Chapelle: Sticks & Stones - 8/10 - Still getting used to the beefier Dave and with the added muscle his delivery has changed as well. He's not the Chapelle of Killin' Them Softly. He's more reflective and measured in his musings and he's matured and probably made peace with being successful and having grown kids. I don't know if any other comic could or would tackle the subjects he does.

Also be sure and stick around after the credits. It segues into an Easter egg of sorts, Epilogue: The Punchline which is kind of outtakes and includes a Q&A with various audiences and closes with a Barack Obama anecdote.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:03 am

Trying to find some not-too-upsetting action/thriller TV to watch (I would consider Person of Interest a good entry in this subgenre). After three episodes I feel like Human Target just isn't quite up to par. Every episode so far has to have a pretty woman character who's really into the main guy. I do like Chi McBride, and Mark Valley (from Fringe!) is decently workmanlike in his main role, but it just lacks spark.

I wish I wasn't so burned out on superheroes, because I feel like Arrow, The Flash, or Supergirl are probably along the lines of what I'm wanting.
Deschain13

Post by Deschain13 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:00 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:03 am
Trying to find some not-too-upsetting action/thriller TV to watch (I would consider Person of Interest a good entry in this subgenre). After three episodes I feel like Human Target just isn't quite up to par. Every episode so far has to have a pretty woman character who's really into the main guy. I do like Chi McBride, and Mark Valley (from Fringe!) is decently workmanlike in his main role, but it just lacks spark.

I wish I wasn't so burned out on superheroes, because I feel like Arrow, The Flash, or Supergirl are probably along the lines of what I'm wanting.
Veronica Mars season 4 let’s gooooo.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:03 am

Preacher
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:26 am

Deschain13 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:00 am
Veronica Mars season 4 let’s gooooo.
But is it going to break my heart? I've been almost watching it for like three weeks now.
ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 am
Preacher
Maybe a hair more violent than what I'm after? I watched the first three episodes about a year or two ago. Maybe I need to go back to it and see if I'm remembering it as being more intense than it really is.
Deschain13

Post by Deschain13 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:42 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:26 am
But is it going to break my heart? I've been almost watching it for like three weeks now.
Not sure why you think it would break your heart. Then again I have two episodes left and anything can happen I guess.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:26 am

Maybe a hair more violent than what I'm after? I watched the first three episodes about a year or two ago. Maybe I need to go back to it and see if I'm remembering it as being more intense than it really is.
I suppose it is very violent but it feels like it's violent in that Raimi/Jackson splashy over the top way and is usually heavily balanced with silly context and characters. Despite it's "edgy" and "extreme" content, it plays out as one of the most fun and comedic shows on TV.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:15 pm

Watching season 3 of Sleepy Hollow is becoming a fascinating exercise in watching a show fall apart.

Season 1 was really solid with a clear focus and strongly defined large story arc. The show built a great foundation with its strong relationship between the two leads, and did a pretty good job of incorporating multiple characters and subplots. The season ends on a brilliant twist/climax/cliffhanger.

Season 2 can't quite manage to cash in on the rich foundation laid in the first season. And the cracks really start to show about halfway through the season. The show brings in a totally unnecessary character (generic "hot guy" mercenary type). Rushing to tie up loose ends results in characters suddenly having radical personality changes.

And now season 3 is just racing down hill. It feels less like viewing and more like rubbernecking at this point.

And it's a strange thing to watch, having just seen the opposite trend with the two seasons of The Orville.

What do you guys think is an example of a show going from bad/okay to good/great?
Thief

Post by Thief » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 pm

I think my wife was watching that show but eventually gave up on it.

As for shows that got progressively better, The Americans comes to mind. Bates Motel is another good example.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Thief wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 pm
I think my wife was watching that show but eventually gave up on it.

As for shows that got progressively better, The Americans comes to mind. Bates Motel is another good example.
I watched two(?) episodes of Bates Motel and just didn't come back to it. But I do feel like most of what I read about the show (especially the third season) has been positive.
Thief

Post by Thief » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:21 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm
I watched two(?) episodes of Bates Motel and just didn't come back to it. But I do feel like most of what I read about the show (especially the third season) has been positive.
Season 1 and maybe the first half of season 2 are shaky and a bit all over the place, probably as they were trying to find its footing, settle characters and subplots down. Sure, there are some subplots and/or characters that are borderline cringey, but if you stay focused on the core lead characters (Norman, Norma, Dylan, and Romero) I think you'll be satisfied. They get rid of most of the filler characters as the show goes on and the performances of Farmiga and Highmore are excellent all through, and when the show focuses on those four characters, it's great.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 am

Continuing my play-by-play of the descent of Sleepy Hollow:

1) I looked up and was like "Is that . . . . David Boreanaz?" Yes, yes it was. You see, they did a CROSSOVER EPISODE with Bones. It was . . . just as awesome as crossover episodes always are when two shows are fundamentally incompatible.

2) In the current episode the villain is a giant bee woman.

3) Having mostly done a good job in the first two seasons with "Ichabod discovers the future!" jokes, the writers have now decided that 98% of those little jokes now need to be about Ichabod navigating social media, as if him calling it "The Instagram" will never not be funny.

What's really painful about this season of television is that you can actually see the actors fighting the weaker material, but mostly not being successful. They (and especially the actor playing Ichabod) are leaning more heavily on their punchlines, taking more long pauses to look ominously at each other. There's a lot more frantic scuffling around. The plots are moving farther and farther away from the colonial history context.

Also: with the character of Crane's wife no longer in play, the show could have made the choice to develop a romance between Ichabod and Abbie. But instead they choose to retroactively make Ichabod have had another romance (with Betsy Ross!), and you can't help but notice that all of the main characters are being paired up with mediocre, generic white characters who feel pushed into the narrative out of nowhere. It's noticeable because it was interesting in the first season to see a supernatural-type show with mostly minority characters (Abbie, Jenny, Irving, Brooks, Reyes, etc). In every way, the show is just sliding toward "the average" supernatural show.
Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:15 pm
What do you guys think is an example of a show going from bad/okay to good/great?
I think Halt and Catch Fire qualifies. I like the first season because of the period detail and the performances, but it has a lot of monster-I mean, crisis of the week episodes that feel pretty repetitive, and Mackenzie Davis' character feels more like an idea than an actual three-dimensional human being at that point. The writing in the second season is significantly stronger and the show sustains that high to the very end.
____
Blog!
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 pm

About 3 episodes in on The Boys and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. I don't think it reaches that level of singular that I felt when I first watched Daredevil for instance. But it's functional and meta and I like how it skewers Disney and Marvel and the whole comic book colossus in general.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Rock wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 am
I think Halt and Catch Fire qualifies. I like the first season because of the period detail and the performances, but it has a lot of monster-I mean, crisis of the week episodes that feel pretty repetitive, and Mackenzie Davis' character feels more like an idea than an actual three-dimensional human being at that point. The writing in the second season is significantly stronger and the show sustains that high to the very end.
This is another one I gave up on after an episode or two.
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:22 pm

The Boys - 8/10 - Okay, having seen the entirety of season 1 I can now say that this was at least as good as any of the Marvel/Netflix stuff. But I think that had a lot to do with it being only eight episodes long and therefore mercifully free of all that momentum crushing filler. Karl Urban is great. He basically carries the show. The little casting touches (Simon Pegg, Giancarlo Esposito, Haley Joel Osment) were fun. Even though I ended up really liking this it still doesn't mean I'll shell out extra to watch season two. I'll just find a workaround. Or wait to see if maybe other AP originals catch my eye and make it worth my while. But if anyone hasn't seen it and they like comic book movies then take the time to watch it. It's worth it.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:22 pm
The Boys - 8/10 - Okay, having seen the entirety of season 1 I can now say that this was at least as good as any of the Marvel/Netflix stuff. But I think that had a lot to do with it being only eight episodes long and therefore mercifully free of all that momentum crushing filler. Karl Urban is great. He basically carries the show. The little casting touches (Simon Pegg, Giancarlo Esposito, Haley Joel Osment) were fun. Even though I ended up really liking this it still doesn't mean I'll shell out extra to watch season two. I'll just find a workaround. Or wait to see if maybe other AP originals catch my eye and make it worth my while. But if anyone hasn't seen it and they like comic book movies then take the time to watch it. It's worth it.
My only big complaint is that the fight scenes are shockingly bad. 90’s tv bad. Coming from a team that made Preacher (exceptional fights), with a satirical take on superhero tv (Daredevil, Arrow and even Agents of SHIELD dwarf the action here) and Snyder edge (fights are among his greatest strength), it felt wildly lazy and unacceptably cheap any time characters fought (which wasn’t a rarity).

Luckily, the way superpowers were handled were generally solid. Big fan of Homelander’s heat vision.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Patrick McGroin wrote:
Karl Urban is great.
This is true for so many things. I've been on the fence about The Boys because I've got a bit of superhero fatigue. But maybe I'll check it out. Somehow I didn't realize Urban was involved.

Though I'm still waiting on my Dredd sequel, gosh darn it!
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:37 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:48 pm
My only big complaint is that the fight scenes are shockingly bad. 90’s tv bad. Coming from a team that made Preacher (exceptional fights), with a satirical take on superhero tv (Daredevil, Arrow and even Agents of SHIELD dwarf the action here) and Snyder edge (fights are among his greatest strength), it felt wildly lazy and unacceptably cheap any time characters fought (which wasn’t a rarity).

Luckily, the way superpowers were handled were generally solid. Big fan of Homelander’s heat vision.
I never really gave the fights much thought. They didn't come off as egregious enough to call attention to themselves but I suppose if I had been in a head to head comparison mode while watching I would have seen the same thing. It was only after finishing it up that I asked myself how bad it was in contrast to the Marvel/Netflix stuff and the answer was, "Not too bad actually." It's worth watching.
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:43 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:12 pm
This is true for so many things. I've been on the fence about The Boys because I've got a bit of superhero fatigue. But maybe I'll check it out. Somehow I didn't realize Urban was involved.

It lampoons the whole superhero mythos so there is that. I never got the chance to watch Brightburn but I imagine there are commonalities. I think there's enough of a difference with your typical comic book movie or series to make it worth your while. The first episode has some setting up and exposition but by the end of the second you should know if it's a good fit or not. And Urban is one of those guys I specifically watch out for ever since LOTR.
angine

Post by angine » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am

The new Chernobyl series and it’s bloody brilliant!
That and Bates motel and that’s also pretty good
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Patrick McGroin wrote:
You mean "shell out" for Amazon Prime?
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:12 pm
I know. We're never gonna get it. :(
Patrick McGroin

Post by Patrick McGroin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Wooley wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:21 pm
You mean "shell out" for Amazon Prime?
No, not exactly. See, that's one thing I'm not clear on. Why does AP only include the first season of TV shows? I assumed if you wanted more you had to pay extra.