A Corrierino Awareness Thread

Discuss anything you want.
Smoke Bomb

Re: A Corrierino Awareness Thread

Post by Smoke Bomb » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:01 pm

I’d also like to address that “defund the police” is one of the measures that should be properly articulated and seeped into national discourse and flat out dismissing it instead of having an honest discussion of it is a mistake.
Ergill

Post by Ergill » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:38 pm

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:52 pm
Would like on the record that when I brought up European social programs it wasn’t to absolve them of their issues, but to point that investing in society instead of policing society is the direction we should be facing. That the nations with those attitudes and programs have dramatically lower instances of police violence than America.
Smoke Bomb wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:01 pm
I’d also like to address that “defund the police” is one of the measures that should be properly articulated and seeped into national discourse and flat out dismissing it instead of having an honest discussion of it is a mistake.
We're on the same page here.
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:34 pm

Trump’s first rally since March is being held in Tulsa on Juneteenth because Stephen Miller is as subtle as he is human.
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 pm

Ergill wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:38 pm
We're on the same page here.
Apologies if I got heated earlier, if there was one thing specifically I can point to as a radicalization moment was the criminology class I took at the NH state police academy in 2006. The lack of progress I’ve seen since this makes me enraged and it’s hard to disconnect from my emotions while discussing the topic.
Ergill

Post by Ergill » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:52 pm

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 pm
Apologies if I got heated earlier, if there was one thing specifically I can point to as a radicalization moment was the criminology class I took at the NH state police academy in 2006. The lack of progress I’ve seen since this makes me enraged and it’s hard to disconnect from my emotions while discussing the topic.
Hey, same. Your heart's in the right place and the indignation is earned.
Ergill

Post by Ergill » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am

Ergill wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:52 pm
Hey, same.
And to clarify that's a "same" to the "sorry". Not a "same" to the "radicalization by a criminology class" thing. That would just be in-same.
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:11 am

Ergill wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am
And to clarify that's a "same" to the "sorry". Not a "same" to the "radicalization by a criminology class" thing. That would just be in-same.
They gave out the answers to the exams a week in advance and the only homework was “Bring in an article about a crime”
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:36 pm

So India and China are in a full on engagement and Donald Trump is trying to evolve into some apolitical blob in effort to completely snuff out Joe Biden and also Mike Pence is like totally gay. Thoughts?
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm

So can we finally non-hyperbolically start linking Donald Trump with the idea of concentration camps?
Ergill

Post by Ergill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:08 am

crumbsroom wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm
So can we finally non-hyperbolically start linking Donald Trump with the idea of concentration camps?
All hyperbole about Trump is correct. Or whatever.
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 am

crumbsroom wrote:
He’s been running them.
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Ergill, set your optimism to “Cautious”!

Ergill

Post by Ergill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Ergill, set your optimism to “Cautious”!

Problem is, in the same poll, he's down 14 points to Mitch. Better than McGrath's 20 point disadvantage, but still not super heartening. I mailed my vote in the other day.
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:53 pm

That’s why I said “cautious” 😥
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 pm

crumbsroom wrote:
Beautiful. Elegant. Concentration camps. These people have never concentrated so strongly. Powerful thoughts. A '10' in gorgeous focus. If I can say, I think I can say it, so many people have told me, these camps have tits that don't quit. I didn't say that, I hear things. I sometimes have to inspect the dressing rooms of the camps, and the, you know, minds of these very young people are just spanking wet with enthusiasm. Very less than oppressed, OK?
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Oh dear lord please let that gap widen.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Oh dear lord please let that gap widen.
I know virtually nothing about Kentuckian politics. So my guess here is that Booker has the best chance against McConnell head to head? And by best chance, we mean slight chance? Which, I'm not complaining, would at least be something.
Ergill

Post by Ergill » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:33 pm

crumbsroom wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm
I know virtually nothing about Kentuckian politics. So my guess here is that Booker has the best chance against McConnell head to head? And by best chance, we mean slight chance? Which, I'm not complaining, would at least be something.
He hasn't had a lot of polling, since he was an underdog for the entirety of the campaign and mostly ignored by the media. He trailed McGrath in fundraising and endorsements largely because she was propped up by national Democrats. She's as milquetoast a candidate as you can get. Like I mentioned upthread, there was a recent poll that put him ahead of her against McConnell, but that had her 20 points under and him 14 under. I really can't guess over one poll. I'll just say that I'd rather roll the dice on him. He mainly got a boost in the wake of these protests being a black man living in the state's poorest ZIP code (a stone's throw from where Breonna Taylor and David McTee were recently killed) who's been out in the streets getting teargassed. He's also been tearing across the whole state and working hard to gin up enthusiasm in unlikely places. He seems to have integrity and is unabashedly progressive. The latter makes him an unusual candidate for statewide office however in a state that will likely go for Trump in the double digits. There will have to be split-ticket voters that are really fed up with McConnell, who's managed to survive all these years despite having terrible approval ratings. Feels good watching the returns right now, but I'm holding my breath. She may have scooped up a lot of early mail-in voters in Jefferson county before his surge.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 pm
Beautiful. Elegant. Concentration camps. These people have never concentrated so strongly. Powerful thoughts. A '10' in gorgeous focus. If I can say, I think I can say it, so many people have told me, these camps have tits that don't quit. I didn't say that, I hear things. I sometimes have to inspect the dressing rooms of the camps, and the, you know, minds of these very young people are just spanking wet with enthusiasm. Very less than oppressed, OK?
And now... thee... Democrats, oh, the Democrats, they're calling them "concentration camps," folks, it's disgusting, isn't it? And I-- people were saying, Mister President, what you're doing, it's never been done before, putting all of these people together-- it's just better, isn't it, folks, put them all together, they're all the same, it makes sense, right? And I'm hearing it more and more, people thanking me, saying, thank you, Mister President, for concentrating all of these people together into these... secure... loc... places. It's beautiful, isn't it? Just like the wall, very big camps, very beautiful. And they may be too good of camps. Maybe we should be a little harder on these people, shouldn't we?

[raucous cheering and applause]
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:16 pm

Alright, now start clapping your hands together a sing Kumbaya in unison in these concentration locations. *Shudder*, difficult times. I'm sorry not sorry for trying to soften the blow in the covid thread but yeesh, fix your shit, America