Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Discuss anything you want.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nanners
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Nanners » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Sorry if I'm trolling but I just want to know, what movies do people think are essential viewing and that I should see. I'm asking this question as I'm relatively new to movies and I don't have Netflix. So please recommend me some movies that if I see on DVD to buy or on TV to instantly watch. I'd also like advice on which directors to look out for in future. Thanks if you help.
User avatar
Rdog
Posts: 31308
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Subspace Highway
Contact:

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Rdog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 pm

This website has a list of the 400 Greatest films of all time so look at that. It's a good list.

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_top100films.htm
Way cooler than Wil
User avatar
Nanners
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Nanners » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Rdog wrote:This website has a list of the 400 Greatest films of all time so look at that. It's a good list.

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_top100films.htm
Thanks Rdog. I appreciate it.
User avatar
Dr. F
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Dr. F » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Nanners wrote:Sorry if I'm trolling but I just want to know, what movies do people think are essential viewing and that I should see. I'm asking this question as I'm relatively new to movies and I don't have Netflix. So please recommend me some movies that if I see on DVD to buy or on TV to instantly watch. I'd also like advice on which directors to look out for in future. Thanks if you help.

http://www.icheckmovies.com/

Great lists to go through on there.Just make a account and start watching
Magnolia
Chungking Express
About Schmidt
Earth
Mary & Max
User avatar
Marktime
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Marktime » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

User avatar
Nanners
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Nanners » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Wow, so many great lists, I love it. Thanks for all your help guys.
User avatar
LEAVES
Posts: 15580
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: LEAVES come from TREES

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by LEAVES » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Watch everything by Kieslowski, then you can be a human being. I'm not yet a human being, but someday I will be.
User avatar
Blevo
Posts: 13348
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by Blevo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Great film is great.
William
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Someone Tell me Some Movies I should look out for

Post by William » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 pm

LEAVES wrote:Watch everything by Kieslowski, then you can be a human being. I'm not yet a human being, but someday I will be.
I'm the sort who would never help that old woman with the recycling bottle. I'd just sit on the parkbench and watch with bemused interest.
"Sous les pavés, la plage"
Post Reply