The YMCA Club

Discuss anything you want.
Post Reply

Which social thread has the worst group of people?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 am

hamsterdam
11
50%
m&m
11
50%
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 am

The Nameless One wrote:he's a fucking pedophile
Let's not get crazy here.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 am

The Nameless One wrote:he's a fucking pedophile
Was that a Brand New reference? I'm not familiar with that band.
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:02 am

you'd think it would be a goof like Tom Delonge who gets outted for soliciting with 15 year olds. Post-punk is a huge mistake, except for Jimmy Eat World
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:03 am

The Nameless One wrote:you'd think it would be a goof like Tom Delonge who gets outted for soliciting with 15 year olds. Post-punk is a huge mistake, except for Jimmy Eat World
Is Delonge the normal one or the crazy UFO one? Because that guy is bonkers.
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 am

Obscure wrote: Is Delonge the normal one or the crazy UFO one? Because that guy is bonkers.
The UFO one. Seriously, dude has weirdo sex pervert written all over him and here he is getting actual success and credibility from his endeavors. This world!
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:06 am

The music is fucking amazing, he only got taken down cause we invested and overlaid all these mythic impossible qualities onto him. It's why Pete Wentz gets away with literally fucking 15 year olds every show back in the day, cause no one was expecting that guy to show his generation the way forward.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 am

The Nameless One wrote:getting actual success and credibility from his endeavors
uhhh
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:09 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Let's not get crazy here.
I found the Pitchfork article to be one of the most damning in this whole sexual harassment apocalypse we're going through. It all bleeds into his writing and it's kinda gross to pick it all apart, and I have tried. Being a victim of grooming it's, like, yeah... it hasn't been easy having this storm play out because I'm just TRIGGERED
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
uhhh
way more than he has any right to be, I mean, by which I mean any
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:15 am

Has anyone seen The Last Man On Earth? This might be the cringiest show I've ever seen.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 am

The Nameless One wrote:I found the Pitchfork article to be one of the most damning in this whole sexual harassment apocalypse we're going through. It all bleeds into his writing and it's kinda gross to pick it all apart, and I have tried. Being a victim of grooming it's, like, yeah... it hasn't been easy having this storm play out because I'm just TRIGGERED
He kept some 15 year olds on the hook when he was in his early twenties. I don't buy this grooming shit or anything else, the girls were into him and he was into them, everyone should have known better, but come the fuck on. This ain't pedophilia or sex abuse or anything other than being young and dumb and having way too much on offer for you. Now everybody is grown and looks back on it with a sense of ill ease, rightfully so, but let's not inflate this shit beyond what it is, being young and successful and the usual amount of shitty.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:17 am

Obscure wrote:Has anyone seen The Last Man On Earth? This might be the cringiest show I've ever seen.
I liked the first episode and then literally nothing after that. It's no Good Place, that's for sure.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:17 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I liked the first episode and then literally nothing after that. It's no Good Place, that's for sure.
How much did you watch?

I was also going to watch The Good Place at s ome point
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:19 am

Obscure wrote: How much did you watch?

I was also going to watch The Good Place at s ome point
Like eight episodes or something, until I just couldn't take it. Insipid has watched all of it and liked it though. We have only seen the Good Place S1, it's ending gave me pause, but people seem to still be on board so I am excited for S2.
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:25 am

Evil Prevails wrote:He kept some 15 year olds on the hook when he was in his early twenties. I don't buy this grooming shit or anything else, the girls were into him and he was into them, everyone should have known better, but come the fuck on. This ain't pedophilia or sex abuse or anything other than being young and dumb and having way too much on offer for you. Now everybody is grown and looks back on it with a sense of ill ease, rightfully so, but let's not inflate this shit beyond what it is, being young and successful and the usual amount of shitty.
I knew a loooot better at 24, christ, enough with the "boys will be boys" bullshit
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 am

The Nameless One wrote:I knew a loooot better at 24, christ, enough with the "boys will be boys" bullshit
Everybody wants everybody to be perfect. It's the same justification my fucking dad uses to shut down all the hollywood sexual harrassement, "who goes to a directors hotel room, who takes their top off for an audition, they could've stopped it whenever they want." So yeah, our boy Jesse had the world on offer when he was young as fuck and didn't behave that great, but not that bad either, wah fucking wah.
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:34 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
Everybody wants everybody to be perfect. It's the same justification my fucking dad uses to shut down all the hollywood sexual harrassement, "who goes to a directors hotel room, who takes their top off for an audition, they could've stopped it whenever they want." So yeah, our boy Jesse had the world on offer when he was young as fuck and didn't behave that great, but not that bad either, wah fucking wah.
Shut the fuck up, cunt
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 am

The Nameless One wrote:Shut the fuck up, cunt
Not a very nice sentiment to someone who has always listened and tried to see your point of view, no matter how difficult, over the course of ... seven fucking years? Ah well, everything ends.
User avatar
The Nameless One
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless One » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:42 am

Let's all go play fucking nagasaki then!
User avatar
MadMan
Posts: 10576
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: RT FOREVER
Contact:

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by MadMan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 am

Image
This Is My Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)
User avatar
Stu
Posts: 25108
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:49 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Stu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:23 am

Obscure wrote:Trenchcoat, as a man about town, what do you do with all the screenplays you write?

Same question to anyone else who's a man about town with screenplays.
This might help:

Evil Prevails wrote:
Like eight episodes or something, until I just couldn't take it. Insipid has watched all of it and liked it though.
Tell her that she has good taste, then 8-) Speaking of whom, I do miss seeing *Jeff Lynne voice* Eee-eee-vil's woman around here, y'know?

:oops:
Last Movie Seen:
John Wick Chapter 3: 8

Recently Reviewed
User avatar
Joss Whedon
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Joss Whedon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... c6j1IAK19k

I predict plenty of screaming and overacting. Pacino's subtlety in The Godfather was a little odd when you consider how his career turned out.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 am

I downloaded Google Keep to my Apple iPhone and now I can take notes by talking into my phone, what a crazy technohellscape, goddamn
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:17 am

I have Microsoft One Note on my android device and it lets me ... write notes. It's pretty useful with all the life and work shit I and trying to keep track of at any given moment.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 am

It's cool that we can talk shop about our favourite apps now, now that we're both men about town with phones and so forthe.
User avatar
Quite-Gone Genie
Posts: 22840
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:51 am

I still carry a notepad, because of course.
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 am

Do you have other apps you are partial to? I can't say I've really gotten into much, I use Google hangouts to talk to Insipid when I am way out here in the frozen north with Wi-Fi but no cell signal, a couple games to waste time, roundhouse once a year or so, my previously mentioned note app, and that's about it. Oh yeah and the reddit app to track bitcoin.
User avatar
Rock
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:48 am
Location: From beyond the moon

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Rock » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:I still carry a notepad, because of course.
I feel like I should start doing this (mostly because I hate writing on a phone), but I'd also need to actually have some creative thoughts in order to write them down.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote:I still carry a notepad, because of course.
I have one of those too, a Dewalt portfolio, because of course. I also have a nice leather bound journal thing for my fancier private notes.
User avatar
Quite-Gone Genie
Posts: 22840
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:55 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I have one of those too, a Dewalt portfolio, because of course. I also have a nice leather bound journal thing for my fancier private notes.
I got a sandblaster because a customer paid for it, and a Dewalt 20v circular saw. Because a customer paid for it.
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
User avatar
Quite-Gone Genie
Posts: 22840
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:55 am

I don't take with notes with those, obviously.
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:56 am

Rock wrote: I feel like I should start doing this (mostly because I hate writing on a phone), but I'd also need to actually have some creative thoughts in order to write them down.
Or you could just write practical shit, shopping and to do lists and reminders. That's basically my whole life as far as the written word goes.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:58 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote: I got a sandblaster because a customer paid for it, and a DeWalt 20v circular saw. Because a customer paid for it.
I have two of those 20v circular saws, a work one and a home one, they are bad ass. I also have a dewalt 20v with the 5.5 inch metal cutting blade, because I am a completist. Just need the flexvolt with the full 7.25 blade to finish off the collection.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:03 am

Evil Prevails wrote:Do you have other apps you are partial to? I can't say I've really gotten into much, I use Google hangouts to talk to Insipid when I am way out here in the frozen north with Wi-Fi but no cell signal, a couple games to waste time, roundhouse once a year or so, my previously mentioned note app, and that's about it. Oh yeah and the reddit app to track bitcoin.
I basically just use a lot of Google apps because they work well, although it feels weird to mostly use Google softward on Apple hardware. :shifty:
User avatar
Quite-Gone Genie
Posts: 22840
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:03 am

Evil Prevails wrote:
I have two of those 20v circular saws, a work one and a home one, they are bad ass. I also have a dewalt 20v with the 5.5 inch metal cutting blade, because I am a completist. Just need the flexvolt with the full 7.25 blade to finish off the collection.
Speaking of Flexvolt, that table saw looks like the apex of the vortex of tool technology. I said "What the fuuuuuuuuu" when I first saw it. I've been stuck at a few jobs without power, and I don't have a generator yet.
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:10 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote: Speaking of Flexvolt, that table saw looks like the apex of the vortex of tool technology. I said "What the fuuuuuuuuu" when I first saw it. I've been stuck at a few jobs without power, and I don't have a generator yet.
The 12 inch double bevel sliding miter saw that runs on two batteries is the holy grail for me if I was a carpenter. I bought the 20v 7.25 single bevel sliding miter cause you can't get a bigger steel cutting blade that will handle 5000 rpms, and it's fucking light and doesn't take up half my garage and will cut 90% of the sizes of heavy gauge steel I am looking to cut. If I had a bigger garage and a bunch of decks or sheds to build though, I might have to get that big boy.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:12 am

Wouldn't you rather have a tracksaw then a table saw, Genie?
User avatar
Quite-Gone Genie
Posts: 22840
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:12 am

Some apps I've added to my Android phone that didn't come with it:

CameraMX - easy photo editing
Torque - the only app I've ever bought; vehicle diagnostics, OBD2
GPS Status - no BS compass and Lat/Long/Alt
Wifi Analyzer - great for network setup
Brave - Chrome clone with built-in ad-blocking
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
User avatar
Quite-Gone Genie
Posts: 22840
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:14 am

Evil Prevails wrote:Wouldn't you rather have a tracksaw then a table saw, Genie?
I'm still doing the clamped straightedge + circular saw combo, which is nuts. I do indeed need a track saw.
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
██████████████████████████████████████████The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:15 am

Did you see the bitcoin subreddit had to sticky a suicide hotline again? Does your bitcoin app show that, Evil, huh
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:17 am

I think I've built up my cringe tolerance and now I'm just plowing through episodes left and right!
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:21 am

Quite-Gone Genie wrote: I'm still doing the clamped straightedge + circular saw combo, which is nuts. I do indeed need a track saw.
Yeah I've done that a few times too, and then it binds and kicks back and woah nelly, you picture what the next thirty years of your life would be like missing a part of your hand.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:26 am

Fuck, it just hit a new gear of cringe and now I can't watch
User avatar
MadMan
Posts: 10576
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: RT FOREVER
Contact:

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by MadMan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 am

I mostly use my phone for message boards, fantasy sports, and Twitter.
This Is My Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)
User avatar
Neclord
Posts: 1038
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:36 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Neclord » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:32 am

Future Man is good.
User avatar
Firebender
Posts: 2900
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 am
Location: Glee Club
Contact:

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Firebender » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:01 pm

I can't believe we're living in a world where Obscure not only has a smartphone, but uses apps.

Also, I finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night and I loved it.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:04 am

Firebender wrote:I can't believe we're living in a world where Obscure not only has a smartphone, but uses apps.

Also, I finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night and I loved it.
I'm plugged into the zeitgeist! I'm talking to robots, I'm streaming content, I'm casting content, I'm syncing, I'm cloud-based.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:10 am

I hate everything about the new England patriots so much, like if i had two bombs, and knew the location of the Patriots, Isis, and could travel back in time and bomb the Nuremberg rally in 1936, I would bomb the Patriots twice.
User avatar
Evil Prevails
Posts: 12382
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Evil Prevails » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:15 am

8 Superbowl appearances in 17 years. Fuck everything.
User avatar
Obscure
Posts: 19220
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Nerdraging about LOST

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by Obscure » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 am

Evil Prevails wrote:I hate everything about the new England patriots so much, like if i had two bombs, and knew the location of the Patriots, Isis, and could travel back in time and bomb the Nuremberg rally in 1936, I would bomb the Patriots twice.
You should get a Apple Watch and use some relaxed breathing!
Post Reply