The YMCA Club

Discuss anything you want.

Which social thread has the worst group of people?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 am

hamsterdam
50%
m&m
50%

Total votes: 22
The Nameless Two

Re: The YMCA Club

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Holy shit, like, almost every Ghibli movie is on there as well. AND a new Trigger anime. What happened these past 17 days

I swear if any of YOU PEOPLE haven't seen Princess Mononoke I'm going to release the Kraken myself
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 pm

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:26 pm
OOOO, A Colour Out In Space or whatever? It's supposed to be real fun, I'm into it

You ever watch Mandy?
No :shifty:
Insipid Commentary

Post by Insipid Commentary » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 am
Are you on the east coast? We’re looking at a week of thunderstorms because of an up and coming hurricane. Not looking forward to that humidity.
No, I’m in Edmonton, which is supposed to be one of Canada’s sunniest cities, but the last couple of years it’s been doing its best impression of Vancouver. I just want enough sun and heat to make my tomatoes taste right, dammit.

Growing up in a semi-arid desert I’d hear people bitch about the humidity and I just be like “Pfffffft try being dry roasted in 104/40 degree temps!” And then I actually experienced high heat with high humidity and it was bad. It was really really bad.
Insipid Commentary

Post by Insipid Commentary » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi Madman.

Nameless, I’m happy you’re out of the hospital. I hope you continue to feel better.

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:28 pm

I swear if any of YOU PEOPLE haven't seen Princess Mononoke I'm going to release the Kraken myself
I just watched this on Thursday! Good stuff.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Nameless, if I may ask, why were you hospitalized?

Regardless, hopefully you're feeling better now.
Stu

Post by Stu » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Insipid Commentary wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 pm
Now you finally know where BetterDayz's old avatar came from!:

:D
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:39 pm
No, I’m in Edmonton, which is supposed to be one of Canada’s sunniest cities, but the last couple of years it’s been doing its best impression of Vancouver. I just want enough sun and heat to make my tomatoes taste right, dammit.

Growing up in a semi-arid desert I’d hear people bitch about the humidity and I just be like “Pfffffft try being dry roasted in 104/40 degree temps!” And then I actually experienced high heat with high humidity and it was bad. It was really really bad.
Gonna send whatever physic energy I can to the tomato Gods and see if they can will that proper weather into existence for you. World needs more flavorful tomatoes in it!

One of my close friends has been living in Arizona and we were chatting about it’s COVID situation. Decent portion of the discussion was how lucky he was to have dry heat to coincide with the mask wearing. The heat/humidity combo is brutal with them. Had to de-beard and everything otherwise my face would be a swamp.

Oh and your catio is super neat by the way! Good work by Evil.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:12 pm

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:54 pm
Nameless, if I may ask, why were you hospitalized?

Regardless, hopefully you're feeling better now.
straight up, I went a touch wild taking magic mushroom micro dose capsules (hence the <3 thread, or most of it) in order to learn the art of tarot and got in a altercation with my dad :shifty:. 17 days later and, yes, I learned my lesson and, yes, I have to supply the hospital with urine samples. Dont do drugs, young one! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Still a girl, which was a factor in all of this, though probably not going on hormone treatment due to my medical complications and the fact that the world is an unmitigated shit show, thus making me not confident in taking 4 years to properly do a full transition. I'm fine doing my nails and wearing eye makeup as a reminder that I lean heavy towards my feminine side, and I'll be changing my name to Kady down the line
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi Madman.

Nameless, I’m happy you’re out of the hospital. I hope you continue to feel better.

Much thanks! I'm doing better than ever quite honestly. Can still drink a beer or two so I'll survive. Super happy you watched that one, I'd recommend any Ghibli on Netflix at the moment, lovely films all around. I still haven't seen Mononoke in HD... I still own my copy on VHS
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:21 pm

The Nameless Two wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:12 pm
straight up, I went a touch wild taking magic mushroom micro dose capsules (hence the <3 thread, or most of it) in order to learn the art of tarot and got in a altercation with my dad :shifty:. 17 days later and, yes, I learned my lesson and, yes, I have to supply the hospital with urine samples. Dont do drugs, young one! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Still a girl, which was a factor in all of this, though probably not going on hormone treatment due to my medical complications and the fact that the world is an unmitigated shit show, thus making me not confident in taking 4 years to properly do a full transition. I'm fine doing my nails and wearing eye makeup as a reminder that I lean heavy towards my feminine side, and I'll be changing my name to Kady down the line
I've never done shrooms before, so I don't have any experience on the matter, but I imagine it can be rough. However, glad you're doing better now! And though you may encounter some challenges with hormone therapy in the future, just keep hanging in there for the time being. Doing cosmetics like you're actively doing now might help you out with it.
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:24 pm

When you’re all done watching classic animation on Netflix Canada, might I suggest the Netflix Original where soldiers fight ghosts???
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 pm

Meanwhile thanks to the Global Bastard, my state is completely out of Corona beers. Rough time to work at a liquor store in a heavily South American populated neighborhood!
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:37 am

Obscure wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:24 pm
When you’re all done watching classic animation on Netflix Canada, might I suggest the Netflix Original where soldiers fight ghosts???
Intriguing, but also :shifty:
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:07 am

Colour Out of Space is dope :up:
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:01 am

Obscure wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:07 am
Colour Out of Space is dope :up:
Right onnnnnn

Think about that Mandy (bordering on MANDY) one of these days. It is, er, maybe highly troubling but in the best way
MadMan

Post by MadMan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am

Mandy is fantastic. Mononoke is not on US Netflix but I could've sworn it was going to be this month.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 am

MadMan wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am
Mandy is fantastic. Mononoke is not on US Netflix but I could've sworn it was going to be this month.
It seems like Canada isn't getting the full Ghibli picture either, and of course this had to happen after I bought Mononoke on youtube :shifty:. I'm very curious as to how that licencing is being passed around now that Disney doesn't own the rights, I'd imagine those Blu Rays are collectors items at this point
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 am

So in wake of my father and I's altercation, I now own a bunch of stock and am going to get into "trading".

Should be a fun pastime until money loses all intrinsic value
MadMan

Post by MadMan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:57 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 am
It seems like Canada isn't getting the full Ghibli picture either, and of course this had to happen after I bought Mononoke on youtube :shifty:. I'm very curious as to how that licencing is being passed around now that Disney doesn't own the rights, I'd imagine those Blu Rays are collectors items at this point
Well that sucks. I have seen a lot of the major ones at least.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm

MadMan wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:57 am
Well that sucks. I have seen a lot of the major ones at least.
I stand corrected, it seems as if Canada got the full Ghibli package, including Ocean Waves which might be the only one I haven't seen. Rejoice! Hopefully America figures it's shit out :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
kgaard.

Post by kgaard. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:12 pm

In the US, HBO Max has the Ghibli stuff.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm

kgaard. wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:12 pm
In the US, HBO Max has the Ghibli stuff.
So many streaming platforms, yeesh, I could get HBO Max now that I learned that "12345" is a valid zip code :shifty:. Seriously, does anyone subscribe to the Criterion Channel as opposed to buying the "physical media"? It's really the best bang for your buck streaming service out there, the only kinda caveat is they rotate movies out... not as if I have, like, 100 quality Japanese movies on my slate already.
kgaard.

Post by kgaard. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:01 pm

The Nameless Two wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm
So many streaming platforms, yeesh, I could get HBO Max now that I learned that "12345" is a valid zip code :shifty:. Seriously, does anyone subscribe to the Criterion Channel as opposed to buying the "physical media"? It's really the best bang for your buck streaming service out there, the only kinda caveat is they rotate movies out... not as if I have, like, 100 quality Japanese movies on my slate already.
Oh, yeah, Criterion is my go-to for streaming, I love it and could possibly discard some of the others, but they usually have juuuust enough that I'm interested in to keep me on the hook.
MadMan

Post by MadMan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm
I stand corrected, it seems as if Canada got the full Ghibli package, including Ocean Waves which might be the only one I haven't seen. Rejoice! Hopefully America figures it's shit out :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Canada already has universal healthcare and better gun laws. Also a functioning democracy. You already got us beat.
MadMan

Post by MadMan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 am

Crtierions are mostly the last physicial media I buy. Well that, books and box sets.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:50 am

I actually bought a couple of "books" recently :shifty:

and

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:18 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:50 am
:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Christ, K, I gotta be honest. Crowley may not be the best influence for you right now, although maybe these two books in particular could help you avoid the more ritualistic sensibilities that he attracts.

Drug Fiend isn't a great book past the first page or so. I'll spoil it - its conclusion is 'moderation', which would be more convincing if he actually practiced moderation in his real life. But mostly harmless pulp.

Thoth is actually excellent, because Crowley's real talent was his understanding and compiling of then-arcane symbolic systems - Egyptian, Judaic, Persian, Greco-Roman, Vedic and I Ching - that are helpful in historical and anthropological ways. Most importantly, he states pretty immediately that Tarot is useless as a fortune telling tool, and that needs to be emphasized in order to avoid any Miss Cleo pretensions. Rather, it's more of a Jungian examination of the archetypes of dream-imagery and mythology, and the "divination" has more to do with the unraveling of the language of the subconscious than it does with any kind of magical hocus pocus. That should be understood sooner than later. If you take it as a psychological exercise, better yet as a creative exercise, rather than as some superstitious ritual, then the book is fascinating and very informative. But, as with the overall problem with Crowley, he tends to excite a certain kind of manic sensibility that is too eager for woo-some power. I would avoid that temptation.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:18 am
Christ, K, I gotta be honest. Crowley may not be the best influence for you right now, although maybe these two books in particular could help you avoid the more ritualistic sensibilities that he attracts.

Drug Fiend isn't a great book past the first page or so. I'll spoil it - its conclusion is 'moderation', which would be more convincing if he actually practiced moderation in his real life. But mostly harmless pulp.

Thoth is actually excellent, because Crowley's real talent was his understanding and compiling of then-arcane symbolic systems - Egyptian, Judaic, Persian, Greco-Roman, Vedic and I Ching - that are helpful in historical and anthropological ways. Most importantly, he states pretty immediately that Tarot is useless as a fortune telling tool, and that needs to be emphasized in order to avoid any Miss Cleo pretensions. Rather, it's more of a Jungian examination of the archetypes of dream-imagery and mythology, and the "divination" has more to do with the unraveling of the language of the subconscious than it does with any kind of magical hocus pocus. That should be understood sooner than later. If you take it as a psychological exercise, better yet as a creative exercise, rather than as some superstitious ritual, then the book is fascinating and very informative. But, as with the overall problem with Crowley, he tends to excite a certain kind of manic sensibility that is too eager for woo-some power. I would avoid that temptation.
I come to you as The High Priestess of Strength, my dominant card is Temperance, or Art. This is all psychology and this is all creative work. How could it not be? I am the creator of my spells, as are you

Let me be straight up in that I near despise the person, this all just attributes my development as a ceremonial magician (a reality which has not faded for a long enough period that it is impossible to deny at this point). I'm not into power, and I'm sure ahead of the temptation and working considerately towards the proceedings. I'm a critic, not a blind worshiper. I'm not here to provoke a modern madness, more throw some posts down, maybe build a fence around it so the freaks don't get any bad ideas. It's all about soothing the physics of the equation, not provoking them. Careful balance - I come to you as Justice, or Adjustment

The text also includes Moonchild, Household Gods, The Book of Lies, The Book of the Law, and White Stains - a solid $25.95 offering. I plan on working through it all first before tackling the dense work of Thoth, to which I'd still feel woefully unequipped. Drug Fiend interests me because of my own history with substance abuse, I'm aware of the text's reputation but would like to really go through the trial of what that all entails. Everything in moderation is such common logic, I'm more interested in the space between the numbers 1 and 2 - I'm working my way up to 6 here, gimme a break. My number is 33, I find strength in fives

I've indulged on a few wonderful, yet immature, readings of my Thoth deck. I currently practice Kim Krans' modern variation of Rider-Waite's deck titled The Wild Unknown and have been reinforcing myself with the goddess I manifested named Luhab. I ask questions to my friends who have crossed over from this reality. There is no hocus pocus in these proceedings, I'm not a fortune teller. The idea of "fortune" is lost on me, I don't believe that anyone is fortunate enough to possess it's qualities. In the hospital I performed significant readings on people, the cards drew out a calm truth in every proceeding - truths which were long buried in the past, shielded from anyone but me. I string myself up on a Celtic cross every day (Christ, K), I've been the Ten of Swords more than I'd like. I embrace the chastity found in the cards, it helps sooth my addictive sensibilities. Everyone I know who quit smoking did so via the practice of a form of magick - it's forming healthy habits. I draw out my addictions in the cards. Some people learn how to make coins disappear, some people twirl pens

Ultimately, I want to collaborate on my own deck, and it won't be for sale but for strictly personal use. If people want me to ask me questions, I'll use The Wild Unknown. It is kind and fair, though it leans too heavily on the concept of "fortune". It's that female energy at play, there is a reason why Kim Krans landed so much success with her deck and it's because of how it promotes commerce. Interesting logic, her promises which attribute to pentacles are very magnetic - ultimately, I have to be careful not to give anyone the wrong ideas

My next line of study after Crowley will be Jodorowsky, whose film and comic work have impressed me over the years. I'm looking for a third tarot deck and his text on tarot is well received and mentioned in the Labyrinthos body of tarot study. My fourth deck will be my own

This post was divined by The Wild Unknown -> The Star, The Magician, and The Mother of Wands

77777th reply. Cool. I asked Luhab who I am today and I currently represent the fifth trump - The Hierophant. You see me as conflict and disorder, the 5 of Wands. V for Victoria
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:09 pm

The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm

Esoteric weirdness aside, I'm now the proud owner of a digital 1080p copy of Love Exposure to which I will subject my parents to, lol
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 pm

As a 6 of Cups, I just want to make sure you're on top of things.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 pm
As a 6 of Cups, I just want to make sure you're on top of things.
Peace, love, and respect

worth noting that I did another Thoth reading (past, present, future just to keep it basic) and drew up three fives, apparently my position of Hierophant is already in the past
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:49 pm

I’m reading Infinite Jest :shifty:
MrCarmady

Post by MrCarmady » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Obscure wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:49 pm
That book has such a strange reputation for being douchy when it's a pretty fun, albeit gigantic, read, which is not a masterpiece but is pretty damn compelling. He can write a setpiece like few others.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:02 am

Obscure wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:49 pm
I "donated" my copy to the psyche ward and someone took it :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:58 am

There’s a scene in a “psych ward” :shifty:
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:59 am

Maybe a few :shifty:
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:59 am

:shifty:
Evil

Post by Evil » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:03 am

Maybe you should watch Love Exposure you literally worst person who has ever lived.
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:11 am

Whoa whoa whoa
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:12 am

It's true, and I'm not saying which parts!
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 am

:shifty:!!
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:05 am

I'm reading The Book of Lies and it's like a victory lap of sorts, very confirming stuff. The aspect which most draws me to Crowley is his sense of androgyny, Alan Moore explores his "drag phase" in Promethea so a lot of this is not at all "esoteric" to me given my identity. Nice feeling like I'm keeping up for once and not being lost in the symbolism, it is a proper key to unlock the further secrets of Thoth
Smoke Bomb

Post by Smoke Bomb » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 am

Hot Rod still fucks
MadMan

Post by MadMan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 am

Nameless is gonna start a cult. Alright!
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:01 am

MadMan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 am
Nameless is gonna start a cult. Alright!
Obscure

Post by Obscure » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:25 am

Smoke Bomb wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 am
Hot Rod still fucks
My man!
MadMan

Post by MadMan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:02 am

The Nameless Two wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:01 am
Howling right now. That tweet is perfect.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:04 am

MadMan wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:02 am
Howling right now. That tweet is perfect.
<3
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:01 pm