Post by Torgo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Uncut Gems, the latest from the Safdie brothers:

Last Great Movie Seen
Foreign Correspondent (Hitchcock, 1940)
Jinnistan

Re: Upcoming Films Worth Knowing About

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:37 pm

U.S. Military Issues Warning to Troops About Incel Violence at Joker Screenings

I'm confident that this won't lead into any false flag conspiracy theories.

Also, U.S. Military? Good looking out for the rest of us collateral distractions.
Slentert

Post by Slentert » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:12 am
The reviews out of TIFF (or was it Venice? *shrug*) weren't exactly terrific, but I suspect there's probably some Netflix-hating going on with that, so fashinable in today's festival scenes. I'm going to watch this regardless of whatever the fuck Alonso Duralde can dredge up to think.

Having seen it now, I can honestly say this wasn't some Netflix-bias, it was just trash. I rather watch Ocean's Twelve 10 times more than this again.
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Stu

Post by Stu » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:46 am

Stu

Post by Stu » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 am

Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Slentert

Post by Slentert » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Rump wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 pm
Saw that one at a festival earlier this year. It was fine, but in the second half it leaves the main subject to become a more didactic document about the history of taking down the mob, therefore losing the personal charm the first half had.
Stu

Post by Stu » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:19 am

Stu

Post by Stu » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 am

Torgo

Post by Torgo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:41 pm

I was skeptical when I heard they were making a sequel because one seemed unnecessary, but it looks like it will be pretty darn good:

Last Great Movie Seen
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Yeah, I was a bit skeptical about this one as well when I heard about it. The trailer looks fine, but I'll probably just wait to see what kinds of reviews it gets.
Oxnard Montalvo

Post by Oxnard Montalvo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:15 pm

was not aware until now but there is a new Raul Ruiz movie coming soon!

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/01/berli ... 202204686/
Included in the selection is late Chilean director Raúl Ruiz and his widow Valeria Sarmientos’ “The Tango of the Widower and Its Distorting Mirror,” which opens this year’s Forum. Ruiz, who died in 2011, shot the material in Chile in 1967, but was unable to complete it before going into exile in 1973. His widow Sarmiento has now transformed the footage into a finished film.

The film would’ve been a then-27-year-old Ruiz’s debut feature, were it completed in 1967, but he was forced to abandon the project due to lack of post-production funding.

Per his own synopsis, the film follows “a man whose wife has committed suicide and appears to him as a ghost. The ghost follows him everywhere… After seeing the ghost so frequently, the man begins to resemble her, becoming more and more feminine, in a spiral in which we discover that he was never really married, and that what is really going on is his personality doubling and a schizophrenic game.”

According to production notes, Sarmiento used Ruiz’s handwritten notebooks to understand the film’s structure.
Macrology

Post by Macrology » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:09 pm

God, I fucking love Ruiz. I feel like his ghost will go on making films for decades.
Ma`crol´o`gy
n. 1. Long and tedious talk without much substance; superfluity of words.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:29 pm

I hope this is real. This is the description of Pig (2020), which will star Nicolas Cage:

"A truffle hunter who lives alone in the Oregonian wilderness must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig after she is kidnapped."
Last Great Movie Seen
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:51 pm

I'd watch that.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:51 pm

The Jesus Rolls, a Big Lebowski spin-off about Jesus Quintana.

It's a teaser trailer, so there's not much to see, but what a cast!

Last Great Movie Seen
undinum

Post by undinum » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:00 pm

Conspicuously absent from almost all promotional materials is the most interesting thing about it, namely that it's also a remake of Bertrand Blier's hilarious and completely filthy Going Places. Which if you've seen it, really makes one wonder how they're going to treat the character's, ahem, predilections...
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:44 pm

I looked up Going Places. The alternate title is The Waltzers, which is another term for testicles.
"Cojones" will be uttered and/or figure into the plot. You heard it here first.
Last Great Movie Seen
Oxnard Montalvo

Post by Oxnard Montalvo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm going to take this with a grain of salt for now cuz I know he's still working on that other movie with Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba and a lot could happen in between then.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:52 pm

I can get behind that.
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:09 pm

For you, Mad Max: Fury Road was the most important day of your life. But for Australians, it was Tuesday.
Ain't no grave gonna hold this body down
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:21 pm

VFW, a horror movie set in a VFW bar, comes out this weekend:

Last Great Movie Seen
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:22 pm

It's a Wes Anderson movie, that's for sure.
Last Great Movie Seen
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:27 pm

Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:33 pm

RIP Rene Auberjonois

Torgo

Post by Torgo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 am

Jinnistan wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:27 pm
In the immortal words of RIc Ocasek (R.I.P.), this is just what I needed.
Should I watch the 1973 and/or the 1984 versions first?
Last Great Movie Seen
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:55 am

Torgo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 am
Should I watch the 1973 and/or the 1984 versions first?
I haven't seen the '73 version, but Sword of the Valiant? Ooof. I guess it has its Globus/Golan charms, but I find it difficult to recommend anything with Miles O'Keefe with a clear conscience. So definitely do that one with a side of A1.
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:08 pm

This sounds sorta badass:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_War

"The fate of a futuristic war rests upon one man's abilities to confront the ghosts of his past. Humanity is losing to an alien invasion, so to fight back, scientists develop a way to draft soldiers from the past to fight the war."
Ain't no grave gonna hold this body down
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Peter Jackson has assembled a new documentary of The Beatles' ill-fated Get Back/Let It Be Sessions to be released this September (covid willing), hopefully with an accompanying holiday physical release with expected swag (extra footage; deluxe CDs; fat coffee table book, etc), and an eventual restored version of Michael Lindsay-Hogg's original 1970 film. No word yet on the film's length, but it will include the entire 42 minute rooftop performance.

In lieu of a contrived "winding road" cutism, I'll just say that I respect Hogg's original effort enough to be happy to see it (eventually? whenever) publicly available after its brief VHS appearance some 35 years ago. It's not that bad to deserve such obscurity, although it's arguably faithfully sloppy and dour. It looks like Jackson's film will attempt to rectify this reputation. I suspect that much of McCartney's condescension and Lennon's friedballs stammering will be kept to a minimum.

Last year, the boot world produced perhaps the definitive collection for casual listeners called Nagra Gold, 8 CDs culling the highlights from these sessions, sourced, like most Get Back boots, from the 100+ hours of camera synch-tapes. The sound quality is excellent, and careful editing and sequencing eliminates the camera beeps and announcements, obscures the bum notes, and threads the more ramshackle rough takes into listenable performances. Hopefully Jackson's film will involve previously unheard multi-track soundtrack recordings of higher quality.
OOHydraOO

Hydra Актуальные ссылки на Гидру!

Post by OOHydraOO » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:33 am

Освещающий события криптосферы онлайн-журнал ForkLog рассказал своим читателям о новой инициативе запрещенного на территории России сайта запрещенных товаров Hydra. Редакция портала отмечает, что ресурс осуществляет противоправную деятельность, а анонсированный маркетплейсом краудсейл может быть мошеннической схемой, экзит-скамом, в ходе которого организаторы проекта похитят инвестиции.
Онлайн-площадка действует в пределах даркнета, она осуществляет продажу запрещенных товаров преимущественно в России. Стало известно, что Hydra планирует запустить международную децентрализованную площадку, таким образом расширить охват рынка. Для финансирования проекта организаторы намерены провести ICO. (Напомним. этот инструмент привлечения инвестиций практически прекратил существование в 2019 году, поскольку дискредитировал себя).
Руководство Hydra, скорее всего, выставит на продажу 49% доли проекта в токенах.
Компания известна как крупнейший маркетплейс, специализирующийся на продаже наркотических средств, прочих запрещенных веществ, реализации фальшивых денег.
100% абсолютно всех без исключения юзеров, приобретающих продукт для Hydra полностью довольны сервисом. Подавляющее большинство online магазинов внутри платформы имеют великолепный рейтинг. Это вероятно, что покупателям очень нравится Hydra!

Однако разработчики магазина пришли к данному не вдруг же. Был выполнен головоломный согласие процессов через исследования предварительно старта интернет магазина, а затем и сообразно поддержании веб-сайта. Сколько представляет собой лабаз Hydra в данном году:

-много лет отличной работы;
-множество продавцов;
-лучший функционал.

Hydra исстари функционирует для реализации не разрешенных изделий в даркнете. И абсолютно постоянно данное эпоха клиент мог забежать на интернет-сайт и приобрести то, сколько ему необходимо.

Hydra – превосходнейшая во всем и продавцы им оказывают доверие. После сезон формирования магазина создатели спроектировали державный перечень возможностей, который сегодня даёт возможность тебе выбирать, овладевать, получать изделие скорее, спокойнее и не бояться, сколько тебя сам бросят.

Почему этот магазин лучший?

Лицезрели интернет-магазины с бедным оформлением, малюсеньким набором и никакой защищенностью? Ты доверяешь подобным маркетами в даркнете? Там тебя лично без проблем могу обхитрить – беспричинно чистый подобные интернет-магазины имеют интерес лишь в заработке денежных средств. В случае, если тебя лично это удовлетворяет – не переставайте доставать в тех местах.

Только теперь тебе предоставляют явно небывалый степень в покупке услуги с через онлайна. Будьте убеждены, который изза уплаченные денежные средства ты приобретешь конкретно тот товар превосходнейшего свойства, какой ты избрал. Просто-напросто попытайся оформить заказ для Hydra один раз. Разработчики гарантируют – вы не вернетесь к другим местам ради покупки.

Как вы знаете, имеется ворох прочих online магазинов, каким до лампочки на потребителей, они желают лишь только обладать заработок.
Создатели этого магазина, именно благодаря популярности и прочности Гидры, завлекают свежих потребителей на эту платформу, чтобы того, воеже освободить онлайн через подобных уродливых веб-сайтов. Это надо чтобы того, чтобы вы и постоянно твои приятели имели мочь приобрести продукт, который им необходим и не опасаться, что их бросят.
Перечень обновляемых зеркал Гидры и ссылка на гидру

Итак актуальные ссылки для Гидру:
зеркало Гидры
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Train To Busan 2 :)