Izzy's Black Hole

Discuss anything you want.
Izzy Black

Re: Izzy's Black Hole

Post by Izzy Black » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 am

Immaculate wrote: Someone -- perhaps, though probably not typical lay forum readers. Well done.
Thanks! Thoughts on Viola?
Recent films:

See my latest blog entry: Run the Jewels’ “Close Your Eyes” and Police Brutality

По́мните Катю...
Immaculate

Post by Immaculate » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Izzy Black wrote: Thanks! Thoughts on Viola?
Positive! I'll give it another go sometime in the near future (provided this statement isn't merely an empty promise), as the audio/video on my rip got all sorts of out of sync near the end. That said, I felt that the film integrated its themes -- which were subtly numerous -- in a way that was at once seemingly effortless and effortlessly seamless, expanding upon and diverging from what came before in a rather unique and ariel and amicable manner. I even quite enjoyed the repetitive rehearsal/seduction scene, which some claim as plodding, I guess, based on the intonational shades in the actresses' delivery and what I understood from it regarding the overlap in one's personal lives and their performances in both theater and film.
Viewed
Girlhood (Sciamma, 2015)
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (McQuarrie, 2015)
House of Tolerance (Bonello, 2011)
Tangerine (Baker, 2015)
Snake Eyes (De Palma, 1998)

Reviewed

L'avventuraLa Dolce VitaMy Darling ClementineMaster of the HouseBreaking the WavesPersona

Prereviewed
Izzy Black

Post by Izzy Black » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Immaculate wrote: Positive! I'll give it another go sometime in the near future (provided this statement isn't merely an empty promise), as the audio/video on my rip got all sorts of out of sync near the end. That said, I felt that the film integrated its themes -- which were subtly numerous -- in a way that was at once seemingly effortless and effortlessly seamless, expanding upon and diverging from what came before in a rather unique and ariel and amicable manner. I even quite enjoyed the repetitive rehearsal/seduction scene, which some claim as plodding, I guess, based on the intonational shades in the actresses' delivery and what I understood from it regarding the overlap in one's personal lives and their performances in both theater and film.
:up:
Recent films:

See my latest blog entry: Run the Jewels’ “Close Your Eyes” and Police Brutality

По́мните Катю...
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Good thread.