Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Discuss anything you want.
Rumpled

Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 am

28th
Crush
(2013)

The promising high school soccer player Scott is injured on the knee in a game and two years after, he is still trying to heal his knee. The teenager Jules feels unrequited love for him but Scott is concentrated in recovering his physical condition and considers her as a friend. The also teenager Bess that works in the store owned by David with her mature colleague Andie has a crush on Scott. When Scott is stalked by a mysterious person that threatens Jules, he believes that Bess is responsible for the weird situations. Is his assumption correct?
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIOPUCCrGXE

Scott's father starts playing chess with black which is not the way to start chess. First move must be made by white player. - Goofs

Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:09 am

Rumpled wrote:30th
In Their Skin
(2012)

After the accidental death of their six-year-old daughter, the Hughes family escape their busy upscale suburban life and head to their isolated cottage for some quality time. An evening with their friendly neighbors is suddenly interrupted when one mans obsession with perfection escalates into a violent struggle, forcing the families to go beyond what they ever thought they were capable of in order to survive.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAW6jKKC8k

Wooley :up:
Interesting.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Wooley wrote: Interesting.
Well if i remember correctly your a selma blair fan
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Is Proud Mary closer to The Professional or to Gloria?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Apex Predator wrote:Is Proud Mary closer to The Professional or to Gloria?
Gloria
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 pm

27th
Johnny English Strikes Again
(2018)

The third installment of the Johnny English comedy series, with Rowan Atkinson returning as the much loved accidental secret agent. The new adventure begins when a cyber-attack reveals the identity of all active undercover agents in Britain, leaving Johnny English as the Secret Service's last hope. Called out of retirement, English dives head first into action with the mission to find the mastermind hacker. As a man with few skills and analog methods, Johnny English must overcome the challenges of modern technology to make this mission a success.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qv6p6pTz5I

Rowan Atkinson once crashed his McLaren F1, a supercar valued at more than $1,000,000, into the back of a stationary Mini Metro, valued at around $600. - Trivia :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 pm

26th
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween
(2018)

Teenager Sarah Quinn lives with her mother Kathy and younger brother Sonny in Wardenclyffe, New York. Sarah is attempting to get into Columbia University by writing an essay about fear. Kathy agrees to watch Sonny's friend Sam Carter while his father goes out of town. Sonny and Sam are attempting to start a garbage cleanup business, and are called after school to clean up an abandoned house. Inside, they find a locked manuscript and open it, causing Slappy the Dummy to appear. They unknowingly bring him to life by speaking magic words found in his pocket. The book is later stolen by a bully named Tommy Madigan. At home, Sonny is working on his science project, a miniature version of Nikola Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower. Slappy then reveals he's alive to Sonny and Sam, and gets their trust by using his magic to do the boy's chores and homework. Meanwhile, Sarah goes to a party to meet her boyfriend ...
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQeOzfm-lps

When the 3 boys are knocked off their bikes by the hosepipe the bikes disappear immediately afterwards. - Goofs
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:44 pm

25th
Good Neighbors
(2010)

Takes place in 1995, the year of the second referendum on the separation of Quebec. In the dead of winter, a serial killer is on the loose in the small Montreal neighborhood of Notre Dame de Grace. The tenants of an old apartment house must figure out who they can trust and who they can't.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI4lKgQeYYE&t=34s

Hmmmm... Just went through the cast list, despite knowing all these faces i don't recognize any names at all !!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:58 pm

24th
Ghost Net
(2017)

The movie features three ghost stories set in Hong Kong, beginning with Vivian, who, after moving into a new place, gets involved in spooky incidents with her neighbors. The next story follows Scarlet, who unknowingly receives a tattoo with sinister secrets. The final story is about a group of university students, who awaken the vengeful spirits of a dead couple while live-streaming their ghost hunting expedition.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEk9WSQ43M
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 pm

23rd
Bird Box
(2018)

In the wake of an unknown global terror, a mother must find the strength to flee with her children down a treacherous river in search of safety. Due to unseen deadly forces, the perilous journey must be made blindly. Directed by Emmy winner Susanne Bier, Bird Box is a thriller starring Academy Award winner Sandra Bullock, John Malkovich, Sarah Paulson, and Trevante Rhodes.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ2bPFy108&t=58s

AKA A Quiet Happening

:shock: :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:25 pm

22nd
The Counsellor
(2013)

A rich and successful lawyer, the Counselor, is about to get married to his fiancée but soon becomes entangled in a complex drug plot with a middle-man known as Westray. The plan ends up taking a horrible twist and he must protect himself and his soon to be bride as the truth of the drug business is uncovered and targets are eliminated.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ML50I0mVHY

Strange dialogue? But entertaining ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 pm

21st
Cherry 2000
(1987)

In 2017, a rich man travels to the ends of the earth to find that the perfect woman is always under his nose. When successful businessman Sam Treadwell finds that his animatronic wife, Cherry 2000 has shorted out, he hires sexy renegade tracker E. Johnson (Melanie Griffith) to find her exact duplicate. Their journey to replace his perfect mate leads them into the treacherous and lawless region of Zone 7, under the tyrannical overlord Lester. During their journey, Treadwell learns the hard way that the perfect woman is made not of computer chips and diodes, but of real flesh and blood
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Bj-8ZSAGM

Melanie Griffith reveals that she was pregnant with her first child when she tested for this movie. She was hired with a clause in her contract that if she did not have the baby by September 9, her role would be recast. Her son Alexander (with her then husband Steven Bauer) was born August 22, 1985, and Griffith started the film three weeks later, taking the boy along to the set each day to breastfeed him. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 pm

20th
Sucker Punch
(Extended Cut) (2011)

A young girl (Baby Doll) is locked away in a mental asylum by her abusive stepfather where she will undergo a lobotomy in five days' time. Faced with unimaginable odds, she retreats to a fantastical world in her imagination where she and four other female inmates at the asylum, plot to escape the facility. The lines between reality and fantasy blur as Baby Doll and her four companions, as well as a mysterious guide, fight to retrieve the five items they need that will allow them to break free from their captors before it's too late...
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnnWoXD2tI

"So this is what it looks like, when snyder faps"

That script is such a mess still... visuals, sountrack and especially hotties are great though :up:

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:20 pm

19th
Hunter Killer
(2018)

A U.S. submarine, the USS Oorah, vanishes while shadowing a Russian Akula-class submarine in the Arctic. Rear Admiral John Fisk sends a Virginia-class submarine, the USS Fuck Yeah, under the command of newly-promoted and unorthodox Commander Joe Glass to investigate. At the same time, a Navy SEAL team under the command of Lieutenant Bill Beaman is sent in to discreetly observe a Russian naval base, but their mission is swiftly complicated when Martinelli, the team's new DM recruit, is rendered unconscious during the HALO drop. When they arrive at the naval base, they witness defense minister Dmitri Durov conducting a coup d'eta and taking Russian President Zakarin prisoner, and swiftly realize that Durov intends to trigger a war..
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAhcDHRZOak&t=97s

R.I.P Michael Nyqvist :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 pm

18th
Green Book
(2018)

In 1962, Tony "Tony Lip" Vallelonga, a tough bouncer, is looking for work with his nightclub is closed for renovations. The most promising offer turns out to be the driver for the African-American classical pianist Don Shirley for a concert tour into the Deep South states. Although hardly enthused at working for a black man, Tony accepts the job and they begin their trek armed with The Negro Motorist Green Book, a travel guide for safe travel through America's racial segregation. Together, the snobbishly erudite pianist and the crudely practical bouncer can barely get along with their clashing attitudes to life and ideals. However, as the disparate pair witness and endure America's appalling injustices on the road, they find a newfound respect for each other's talents and heart to face them together. In doing so, they would nurture a friendship and understanding that would change both their lives.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC-_Gon2p9M

AKA Driving Mr Ali

It's a sweet film but reeks of "whitey does good" oscar baitness :P
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Rumpled wrote:19th
Hunter Killer
(2018)

A U.S. submarine, the USS Oorah, vanishes while shadowing a Russian Akula-class submarine in the Arctic. Rear Admiral John Fisk sends a Virginia-class submarine, the USS Fuck Yeah, under the command of newly-promoted and unorthodox Commander Joe Glass to investigate. At the same time, a Navy SEAL team under the command of Lieutenant Bill Beaman is sent in to discreetly observe a Russian naval base, but their mission is swiftly complicated when Martinelli, the team's new DM recruit, is rendered unconscious during the HALO drop. When they arrive at the naval base, they witness defense minister Dmitri Durov conducting a coup d'eta and taking Russian President Zakarin prisoner, and swiftly realize that Durov intends to trigger a war..
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAhcDHRZOak&t=97s

R.I.P Michael Nyqvist :(
This is a movie I am not interested in, per se, but I just know I'll end up watching at 1am some Friday or Saturday night when it's free on Amazon or Netflix.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 pm

17th
Pitch Perfect 2
(2015)

The Bellas are back, and they are better than ever. After being humiliated in front of none other than the President of the United States of America, the Bellas are taken out of the Aca-Circuit. In order to clear their name and regain their status, the Bellas take on a seemingly impossible task: winning an International competition no American team has ever won. In order to accomplish this monumental task, they need to strengthen the bonds of friendship and sisterhood, and blow away the competition with their amazing aca-magic! With all new friends and old rivals tagging along for the trip, the Bellas can hopefully accomplish their dreams once again.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgPm-yaLoyo

And i still haven't seen the first one!!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
This is a movie I am not interested in, per se, but I just know I'll end up watching at 1am some Friday or Saturday night when it's free on Amazon or Netflix.
But it's so beefy and manly tak!!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:13 pm

16th
Assassination Nation
(2018)

High school senior Lily and her group of friends live in a haze of texts, posts, selfies and chats just like the rest of the world. So, when an anonymous hacker starts posting details from the private lives of everyone in their small town, the result is absolute madness leaving Lily and her friends questioning whether they'll live through the night.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9qyOGEuLY4&t=86s

First section good :)
Mid section fantastic 8-)
Last section dreadful :(

But i'm still giving it a 7 :shifty:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 pm

15th
The Greatest Showman
(2017)

Orphaned, penniless but ambitious and with a mind crammed with imagination and fresh ideas, the American Phineas Taylor Barnum will always be remembered as the man with the gift to effortlessly blur the line between reality and fiction. Thirsty for innovation and hungry for success, the son of a tailor will manage to open a wax museum but will soon shift focus to the unique and peculiar, introducing extraordinary, never-seen-before live acts on the circus stage. Some will call Barnum's wide collection of oddities, a freak show; however, when the obsessed showman gambles everything on the opera singer Jenny Lind to appeal to a high-brow audience, he will somehow lose sight of the most important aspect of his life: his family. Will Barnum risk it all to be accepted?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9QtXwC9vc

Rebecca Ferguson's voice was dubbed by Loren Allred. Ferguson had studied music and admitted that she can carry a tune but since Jenny Lind, her character, is considered the best singer in the world, dubbing her voice would be in service of the movie. However, in order to get into the role, Ferguson insisted on singing the song in front of the extras while filming. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:37 pm

14th
Black Moon Rising
(1986)

A professional thief is hired by the FBI to steal a data tape from a company under investigation. The analysis of this tape, will prove the criminal activities of this company. As this thief is discovered in his attempt, he hides the tape inside a prototype car, but unfortunately there is someone else interested in this vehicle.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMiIxnEeas

Linda Hamilton despised working with Tommy Lee Jones. Jones had been struggling with alcoholism at the time. - Trivia :-|
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 pm

Rumpled wrote:Strange dialogue? But entertaining ;)
Eh, still better than Sucker Punch, fwiw.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:58 pm

13th
Penthouse North
(2013)

It's New Year's Eve in New York City and everyone's getting ready to party. Watching, waiting, a man called Hollander has a different kind of party in mind. Alone in her high-rise apartment, Sara has no idea that her boyfriend was a thief. But what he stole - and from whom - is about to put her life on the line. Trapped in the penthouse with Hollander and his sadistic partner, these two will kill, maim, tear the place apart to find a fortune in diamonds. While the party rages outside, inside Sara fights desperately for her life. It's kill or be killed in a pulse-pounding , non-stop fight to the finish - and it all takes place in Penthouse North.
7/10
Spoilerific Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDM78fXvvU&t=41s

Blood in large quantities has a strong metallic odor. The blind have heightened senses, so Sara would have noticed the smell of such a large pool of blood long before she stepped in it. Similarly, she would be able to detect the scent of an intruder, especially due to how close he was to her. - Goofs
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Jinnistan wrote: Eh, still better than Sucker Punch, fwiw.
Ba'h... it doesn't have a hot girl in a sailor suit take down a zepplin with a gattling gun!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm

12th
The Vanishing
(2018)

Formally known as KEEPERS, The Vanishing is Inspired by the Flannan Isle mystery. A small relief boat approaches the Isle, a tiny isolated island no bigger than a football pitch, 20 miles off a rugged coast. Its aim is to routinely replace the three lighthouse keepers, after 6 weeks alone manning the light. It nears the dock and none of the men greet them. The winch is broken. A call. Nothing. Experienced keepers Thomas, James and Donald have vanished. The lamps are clean and refilled; the table is laid for dinner. There is an upturned chair and two sets of yellow oilskins are missing...
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFlfN4dD14

The actual location where the mystery began was in the Flannan Islands, approximately twenty miles west of the Outer Hebrides island of Lewis, in Scotland. The small island where the lighthouse is situated is called Eilean Mor. On, or about, December 15, 1900, three lighthouse keepers stationed on Eilean Mor, Thomas Marshall, James Ducat and Donald MacArthur, mysteriously vanished without a trace, and speculation as to what became of the three men is still rife after almost 118 years. - Trivia :shifty:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm

11th
Oxygen
(1999)

A masochistic cop, who hides her predilection from her cop husband, gets involved in pursuing a kidnapper nicknamed Harry for Harry Houdini, who has kidnapped a rich woman and has buried her somewhere in Manhattan while demanding a ransom from her tycoon husband. Failure to pay the ransom within 24 hours will lead the kidnapper to abandoning the woman. Dylan Baker also appears as the fed that is assigned to the case.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUlN2gmP58Q&t=68s

Takoma :up:
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:05 am

Rumpled wrote:
But it's so beefy and manly tak!!!
Which is why it's perfect for a late weekend night! Submarines and Gerard Butler are made for Friday at 1am.
Rumpled wrote:11th
Oxygen
(1999)

A masochistic cop, who hides her predilection from her cop husband, gets involved in pursuing a kidnapper nicknamed Harry for Harry Houdini, who has kidnapped a rich woman and has buried her somewhere in Manhattan while demanding a ransom from her tycoon husband. Failure to pay the ransom within 24 hours will lead the kidnapper to abandoning the woman. Dylan Baker also appears as the fed that is assigned to the case.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUlN2gmP58Q&t=68s

Takoma :up:
Yeah, um.
--Seen it when I was 18.
--Own it on DVD (am actually looking at it as I type this)
--Love the director commentary.
--Feel sexually confusing feelings about Adrian Brody in braces.
--Feel sexually confusing feelings about Adrian Brody rubbing dirt on himself in a grave.
--LOVE Maura Tierney
--Have mixed feelings about the alcoholism mixed with the masochistic elements with the main character.
My relationship with this film is complicated.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 am

Rumpled wrote:
Well if i remember correctly your a selma blair fan
Oh yes I am.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 am

Rumpled wrote:21st
Cherry 2000
(1987)

In 2017, a rich man travels to the ends of the earth to find that the perfect woman is always under his nose. When successful businessman Sam Treadwell finds that his animatronic wife, Cherry 2000 has shorted out, he hires sexy renegade tracker E. Johnson (Melanie Griffith) to find her exact duplicate. Their journey to replace his perfect mate leads them into the treacherous and lawless region of Zone 7, under the tyrannical overlord Lester. During their journey, Treadwell learns the hard way that the perfect woman is made not of computer chips and diodes, but of real flesh and blood
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Bj-8ZSAGM

Melanie Griffith reveals that she was pregnant with her first child when she tested for this movie. She was hired with a clause in her contract that if she did not have the baby by September 9, her role would be recast. Her son Alexander (with her then husband Steven Bauer) was born August 22, 1985, and Griffith started the film three weeks later, taking the boy along to the set each day to breastfeed him. - Trivia
I like this movie, although its been almost 10 years since I last saw it and more than 30 since I used to watch it every day.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:48 am

Rumpled wrote:20th
Sucker Punch
(Extended Cut) (2011)

A young girl (Baby Doll) is locked away in a mental asylum by her abusive stepfather where she will undergo a lobotomy in five days' time. Faced with unimaginable odds, she retreats to a fantastical world in her imagination where she and four other female inmates at the asylum, plot to escape the facility. The lines between reality and fantasy blur as Baby Doll and her four companions, as well as a mysterious guide, fight to retrieve the five items they need that will allow them to break free from their captors before it's too late...
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnnWoXD2tI

"So this is what it looks like, when snyder faps"

That script is such a mess still... visuals, sountrack and especially hotties are great though :up:

Thoroughly enjoyed this in the theater, but then again we read the the reviews of how it was the worst movie of the year to each other on the way there.
Still, good, dumb fun if you ask me.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:50 am

Rumpled wrote:18th
Green Book
(2018)

In 1962, Tony "Tony Lip" Vallelonga, a tough bouncer, is looking for work with his nightclub is closed for renovations. The most promising offer turns out to be the driver for the African-American classical pianist Don Shirley for a concert tour into the Deep South states. Although hardly enthused at working for a black man, Tony accepts the job and they begin their trek armed with The Negro Motorist Green Book, a travel guide for safe travel through America's racial segregation. Together, the snobbishly erudite pianist and the crudely practical bouncer can barely get along with their clashing attitudes to life and ideals. However, as the disparate pair witness and endure America's appalling injustices on the road, they find a newfound respect for each other's talents and heart to face them together. In doing so, they would nurture a friendship and understanding that would change both their lives.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC-_Gon2p9M

AKA Driving Mr Ali

It's a sweet film but reeks of "whitey does good" oscar baitness :P
Yeah, apparently Shirley's family was not amused.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:50 am

Rumpled wrote:14th
Black Moon Rising
(1986)

A professional thief is hired by the FBI to steal a data tape from a company under investigation. The analysis of this tape, will prove the criminal activities of this company. As this thief is discovered in his attempt, he hides the tape inside a prototype car, but unfortunately there is someone else interested in this vehicle.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMiIxnEeas

Linda Hamilton despised working with Tommy Lee Jones. Jones had been struggling with alcoholism at the time. - Trivia :-|
There ya go!
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoy Sucker Punch. (well, a little ashamed I guess)
It's the only Snyder film I like, really.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
My relationship with this film is complicated.

See.. i knew it would be up your alley ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:11 am

10th
Hell Fest
(2018)

On Halloween night, three young women and their respective boyfriends head to Hell Fest -- a ghoulish traveling carnival that features a labyrinth of rides, games and mazes. They soon face a bloody night of terror when a masked serial killer turns the horror theme park into his own personal playground.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TH2xV4wCU

Nothing new.. but done in a 80's old skool way
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 am

9th
Under the Silver Lake
(2018)

Sam (Andrew Garfield) is a disenchanted 33-year-old who discovers a mysterious woman, Sarah (Riley Keough), frolicking in his apartment's swimming pool. When she vanishes, Sam embarks on a surreal quest across Los Angeles to decode the secret behind her disappearance, leading him into the murkiest depths of mystery, scandal and conspiracy in the City of Angels.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAztth9PpY

It's like David Lynch and Hitchcock had a love child who then grew up to direct this mindf**k of a movie!!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 am

8th
When a Stranger Calls Back
(1993)

Julia is babysitting two young kids while a doctor and his wife are out. During the evening, a stranger knocks on the door asking Julia if she can call the auto club so he can get a tow. The phone line is dead though. This is all part of the act as he has made his way inside and abducted the two children. Years later, Julia has become an introvertive college student. She claims the stalker is back haunting her. Enter Jill Johnson and now retired cop John Clifford, who have reunited to help Julia find the stalker. Can they stop him before he strikes again?
8/10

Yep.. still as creepy as when i last saw it :up:

No trailer for you guys cause they reveal all the juicy stuff :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:40 am

7th
The Quake
(2018)

In 1904 an earthquake with a 5.4 magnitude on the Richter scale shook Oslo. Its epicenter was in the Oslo Rift which runs directly through the Norwegian capital. There are recorded quakes from the rift on a daily basis and geologists cannot be sure, but arguments indicate that we can expect major future earthquakes in this area. When - nobody can say for certain - but we know that the density of people and infrastructure in Oslo is significantly more vulnerable today than in 1904. What if a massive earthquake is looming?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=094n7ami6N0&t=7s

I just realized it's the same actor AND CHARACTER from The Wave (2015) movie.. What's next... The Ragnarok? :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 am

6th
Ralph Breaks the Internet
(2018)

A video-game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) and best friend Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) leave the comforts of Litwak's arcade in an attempt to save her game, Sugar Rush. Their quest takes them to the vast, uncharted world of the internet where they rely on the citizens of the internet--the Netizens--to help navigate their way. Lending a virtual hand are Yesss (voice of Taraji P. Henson), the head algorithm and the heart and soul of the trend-making site "BuzzzTube," and Shank (voice of Gal Gadot), a tough-as-nails driver from a gritty online auto-racing game called Slaughter Race, a place Vanellope wholeheartedly embraces--so much so that Ralph worries he may lose the only friend he's ever had.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcYBFC6zfY

The end credits go on for nearly 17 minutes. - :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 am

5th
Intersections
(2013)

Set around a wife and husband on vacation in Morocco with the wife plotting to murder her husband with help from her lover. The plan goes terribly wrong when her lover and husband get into a terrible car accident on a remote desert road. They escape the multi-car pileup at a desert intersection and encounter the group of survivors, including a wanted smuggler, an undercover cop, a kidnapper, a baby and an unconscious Australian. They embark on a journey of deceit and revelation that culminates in a Tangiers souk.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6xiPv41BOg

A under the radar goodie :up:

AKA Collision
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:02 pm

4th
Black Widow
(1987)

Catherine is a black widow. "She mates and then she kills". Black Widow is the story of a lady (Catherine) who marries lonely millionaires, waits until they've changed their will to leave all to their beloved wives and then murders them to inherit the fortune. With each man Catherine marries, she changes her appearance to suit the mans personality. Only there's one problem. Alexandra is a smart cookie and has found a link between these unexplained mysterious deaths and the partners wives. But now her only problem is proving that a killer is on the loose and saving herself from the deadly Black Widow.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDQjTZvVXWU

LOL all those fake ass MCU Black Widow trailers on the net... get a life :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm

3rd
Crazy Rich Asians
(2018)

The story follows Rachel Chu (Wu), an American-born Chinese economics professor, who travels to her boyfriend Nick's (Golding) hometown of Singapore for his best friend's wedding. Before long, his secret is out: Nick is from a family that is impossibly wealthy, he's perhaps the most eligible bachelor in Asia, and every single woman in his ultra-rarefied social class is incredibly jealous of Rachel and wants to bring her down.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZHRBfpeNg

Awww i always wanted to live in singapore now everyones gonna wanna live there now :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:14 pm

2nd
Fractured
(2018)

When a tyre blows on the way to a romantic countryside getaway, Rebecca and Michael sense someone is watching. The only people they encountered along the way were friendly strangers Freyr and Alva who gave them a lift. But their holiday home becomes a terrifying prison as they are tortured by something or someone outside.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUSV3LnYnE&t=56s

Everyone :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:20 pm

1st
Thoroughbreds
(2017)

In suburban Connecticut, upper-class high school-er Amanda (Olivia Cooke) euthanize her crippled horse with a knife, resulting in charges of animal cruelty. Some time later, Amanda arrives at the home of the more popular and academically-inclined Lily (Anya Taylor-Joy). The girls had previously been best friends but grew apart after the death of Lily's father. They meet under the pretense of hanging out and having a casual tutoring session, but Amanda knows that her mother (Kaili Vernoff) has paid Lily to socialize with Amanda. Lily denies being paid, but Amanda, left emotionless by an unspecified mental disorder, is unfazed. Lily meets with Amanda again, this time voluntarily, and they rekindle their friendship..
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPcV_3D3V2A

R.I.P Anton :(

And it's the director first film :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Hottie of the Month

Miss December Becky G (Power Rangers)
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Loved Thoroughbreds :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Captain Terror wrote:Loved Thoroughbreds :up:
It's pretty wild watching knowing their both english, especially olivia who's a right northern lass = (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4uGGenD71M) :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 am

January

63rd
Tromeo and Juliet
(1996)

A modern, punk adaptation of Shakespeare's classic. Told irreverently, this film attempts to impact the viewer in the same way theatre-goers were affected in Shakespeare's time. Bawdy, Violent, Humorous, and Romantic.
2/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7PfvUTfT8

Definitely the worst Troma i've seen :-/
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:42 am

62nd
Anna and the Apocalypse
(2017)

When the zombie apocalypse hits the sleepy town of Little Haven - at Christmas - teenager Anna and her high school friends have to fight, sing and dance to survive, with the undead horde all around them. Teaming up with her best friend John, Anna has to fight her way through zombified snowmen, Santas, elves and Christmas shoppers to get across town to the high school, where they'll be safe. But they soon discover that being a teenager is just as difficult as staying alive, even at the end of the world.
4/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfWIfwKJ7vA

Shaun of the Dead this is not :down:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 am

61st
Bedeviled
(2016)

Nikki recently died. The others don’t know it yet, but Nikki was supernaturally spooked to death by a paranormal presence haunting a mysterious phone app. “Mr. Bedevil” is an A.I. assistant kind of “like Siri” explains someone. The only differences are that Mr. Bedevil has an annoying voice, speaks insultingly, interrupts at inopportune times, and usually doesn’t do what you say. So when dead girl Nikki’s phone impossibly sends everyone an invite to try the app for themselves, why wouldn’t they jump at the chance to throw away Alexa and Cortana for something infinitely inferior?
Mr. Bedevil is soon summoned to torment everyone according to personalized fears. Alice is plagued by visions of her dead grandmother. Cody sees shifty-eyed white women and harassing police officers. Gavin’s coulrophobia manifests in the form of clowns made up like Halloween haunt actors while Haley is frightened of a childhood teddy bear ridiculously rigged to be supposedly scary.
Now the five friends must find a way to uninstall the evil app before it can kill them all.
4/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyufANlIo8

"an app that knows everything about you " you mean facebook or google? - youtube