Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Wooley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Rumpled wrote:Hottie of the Month

Miss November Alyssa Milano (Fear)
Yup. Just a stone-cold slayer.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:21 pm

I've heard that Peppermint is a bit like Taken. I'd be down for it if it's as good as you say it is.

Have you seen Alias, Rumpled?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:33 pm

Apex Predator wrote:I've heard that Peppermint is a bit like Taken. I'd be down for it if it's as good as you say it is.

Have you seen Alias, Rumpled?
I've seen some episodes.. can you believe it was almost 18 yrs ago :shock:
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Rumpled wrote:
I've seen some episodes.. can you believe it was almost 18 yrs ago :shock:
I know, it's been a while. :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:58 pm

December

64th
The House Sitter
(2007)

Waitress Elise's dream to become a painter isn't going anywhere, unlike her ex Gerry's, so she eagerly accepts to house-sit a month the country estate eccentric gentleman Frank inherited with a fabulous coin collection while he is in Boston for business. A leaky pipe makes her call a plumber not from Frank's 'call only' list, and Phil soon ends up sharing the bed with her. When Phil returns early, with grand plans beyond her wildest dreams, the stage is set for tragedy.
2/10

"This pathetic excuse for a movie contained bad acting, a bad storyline and a bad ending. Not even value on $1 day at the local video shop. Buy an instant scratch-it instead". - IMDB :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 pm

63rd
National Lampoon's: Pledge This!
(2006)

At popular South Beach University (Miami), filthy rich super-snob Victoria English is the absolute queen of leading Greek student club, Sigma Sigma. In order to achieve her crowning ambition, winning FHM Magazine's annual best sorority, she must recruit atypical 'Sigmies' to fulfill the diversity criteria. Ambitious sycophant pledge Kristen Haas helps her attract 'losers' (too poor, ugly, unfashionable), who are cruelly put through excruciating hazing, without intent to actually enroll them. Gloria, the brightest and most assertive pledge, wins the heart of Derek 'baby Dick', Victoria's ideal, yet constantly abused boyfriend, whose bitch-addiction is cured by this alternative lover. Together they lead the revolt of the not-even-nerds.
2/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5non3F9E6c

"Paris Hilton is a s***, the only thing to stop this from being the worst movie in the entire history of worst movies is if she had sung". - IMDB :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:15 pm

62nd
Secrets
(2017)

Everyone has secrets, some deeper than others and some less innocent. Tarron Jenkins is a successful businessman, father, husband, brother and friend who risks losing it all when he succumbs to his sexual desires and betrays his wife and family. His wife, the mother of his two children, struggles as she attempts to keep her family together by all means necessary all the while battling the consequences of her past decisions. When a new sexy hire comes to Tarron's company, his world is tested and shaken by the core and the consequences of his decisions affect everyone in his life.
4/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuOXQCePvo

That'll teach me for watching a film just cause of the cleavages in a trailer :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:38 pm

61st
After
(2012)

When two bus crash survivors awake to discover that they are the only people left in their small town, they must form an unlikely alliance in a race to unravel the truth behind their isolation. As strange events begin to unfold, they start to question whether the town they know so well is really what it seems.
4/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNl_u6bh4QE&t=46s

Silent Hill for tweenies
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:44 pm

60th
Superfast!
(2015)

Undercover cop Lucas White joins Vin Serento's LA gang of illegal street racers. They are fast and they are furious and they plan to double cross LA crime kingpin Juan Carlos de la Sol who hides his cash in a downtown Taco Bell. The gang's outrageous plan is as daring as it is ridiculous and will see them towing the whole damn restaurant, at crazy speeds.
4/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqg8pji2FWI

"OMG this is such a rip off of fast and furious" - Youtube :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:02 am

59th
Turks & Caicos
(2014)

Johnny Worricker is hiding out from his work at MI5 on the tax-exile islands, Turks & Caicos. But an encounter with a CIA agent forces him into the company of some ambiguous American businessmen who claim to be on the islands for a conference on the global financial crisis. When one of them falls in the sea, then it's their financial PR who seems to know more than she's letting on. But will she help Johnny come to an understanding of what these men do and why they're here?
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPD2NvuTYK8

Like it's prequel Page Eight (2011) just to damn talky
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 am

58th
Mannequin: On the Move
(1991)

Jason Williamson thinks he has achieved good fortune when he becomes the assistant to Hollywood Montrose, head window dresser at a chic department store. But when Jason by chance removes a cursed necklace from a mannequin, who is really Jessie, a 1,000-year-old peasant girl turned into a statue, he magically brings Jessie to life. To remain unfrozen, Jessie must receive a kiss from her true love before a reincarnated evil sorcerer, Count Gunther Spretzle, finds her. And with help from Hollywood, this is sure to be the match of the millennium.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1oy_TQ9tyE&t=69s

"The script is so full of old gags it must have been chiselled on stone tablets" - Rottentomatoes
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 am

57th
Uninhabited
(2010)

Harry and Beth wanted a different kind of holiday. So they chartered a boat to drop them off on a remote coral island on the Great Barrier Reef. Paradise? The island was idyllic, surrounded by a wide reef, covered in palms and full of birds and other wildlife. It was small and totally deserted. Or was it? After snorkelling, making out and having fun, the young lovers soon come to believe that there is someone else on the island. Things go missing from their camp and then they discover someone else's footprints in the sand. At first amused, this becomes disturbing as they realize the island has a ghost! From paradise, the holiday quickly turns into a nightmare of arguments and mistrust... Inspired by actual events.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDSnknyxDk

"Strangely the cinema i saw this in was Uninhabited too?" - Youtube
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 pm

56th
The Toy
(1982)

On one of his bratty son Eric's annual visits, the plutocrat U.S. Bates takes him to his department store and offers him anything in it as a gift. Eric chooses a black janitor who has made him laugh with his antics. At first the man suffers many indignities as Eric's "toy", but gradually teaches the lonely boy what it is like to have and to be a friend.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjqWFB_tBI

The kids called master bates btw :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 pm

55th
Torvill & Dean
(2018)

The incredible story of former British, European, Olympic and World champion figure skaters Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean, including their historic gold medal-winning performance at the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdJX3M3-akg

About the only thing we've won
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

54th
Daddy You, Daughter Me
(2017)

Do Yeon is a high school student. She doesn't have a good relationship with her father who is constantly nagging to her to study. Do Yeon’s dream is to go on a date and her first date is approaching. Meanwhile, Do Yeon’s father has worked as a chief section for years and never had a promotion. His chance for a promotion is finally approaching. Both father and daughter have important moments arriving, but they suddenly change bodies.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c4I68vl1jQ

Should've been funnier :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am

53rd
Agatha and the Truth of Murder
(2017)

Agatha and the Truth of Murder is a British alternative history film about the crime writer Agatha Christie becoming embroiled in a real life murder case during her 11 day disappearance in 1926.
5/10

Can't find a trailer but heres a clip = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amd3K5eIwwY with edited in black people being bad on fox news? this is the 3rd time i've seen this, i think it's some neo nazi loonies trying to make us all racist or something?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:26 am

52nd
Jaws 3-D
(1983)

Several years after Amity's former Police Chief Martin Brody electrocuted the shark at Cable Junction, his sons, Mike & Sean, are now working in different roles at Sea World Orlando. Mike is working as a park engineer and considering marriage to his girlfriend, killer whale biologist Kathryn Morgan. Sean is also involved with 1 of the park's water skiers, Kelly Ann Bukowski. Sea World is about to open a massive 'Undersea Kingdom' which will bring visitors closer to marine life than ever before. The park is accessible from the ocean by a series of gates, one of which malfunctions. A young Great White Shark swims through the gate, and when a maintenance diver heads down to fix the gate he does not return. The young Great White is captured & placed in a tank but soon dies despite Kathryn's best efforts to save it. More alarming though, is the young shark's massive, 35 foot mother which has followed the baby shark into the lagoon and killed the maintenance diver, whose body is recovered.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHjoICvTww

It's great for a giggle, and like someone said on youtube that trailer is better than the whole movie :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:37 am

51st
Kill Theory
(2009)

A group of college students visit a secluded vacation home to celebrate their upcoming graduation. The fun doesn't last long when a sadistic psychopath forces them to participate in his deadly contest. The rules are simple -- in order to survive they must kill each other. As tension builds, and relationships begin to crumble, they realize that only one can make it out alive. Could you trust your boyfriend? Your girlfriend? Your best friend? Only one can go home. So who will be the last man or woman standing?
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGxH0ezmejQ
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 am

Rumpled wrote:
The kids called master bates btw :P
Saw it when I was young and that's literally the only thing I remember about it. :)
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:29 am

I remembered some uncomfortable racial humor at times with The Toy.

I don't think I particularly cared for Kill Theory either. Interesting concept, but so-so execution.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:49 am

Rumpled wrote:52nd
Jaws 3-D
(1983)

Several years after Amity's former Police Chief Martin Brody electrocuted the shark at Cable Junction, his sons, Mike & Sean, are now working in different roles at Sea World Orlando. Mike is working as a park engineer and considering marriage to his girlfriend, killer whale biologist Kathryn Morgan. Sean is also involved with 1 of the park's water skiers, Kelly Ann Bukowski. Sea World is about to open a massive 'Undersea Kingdom' which will bring visitors closer to marine life than ever before. The park is accessible from the ocean by a series of gates, one of which malfunctions. A young Great White Shark swims through the gate, and when a maintenance diver heads down to fix the gate he does not return. The young Great White is captured & placed in a tank but soon dies despite Kathryn's best efforts to save it. More alarming though, is the young shark's massive, 35 foot mother which has followed the baby shark into the lagoon and killed the maintenance diver, whose body is recovered.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHjoICvTww

It's great for a giggle, and like someone said on youtube that trailer is better than the whole movie :up:
I have affection for this movie and ended up watching it nearly twice back in July when they run all the Jaws movies over and over.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 am

Rumpled wrote:Agatha and the Truth of Murder (2017)
Agatha and the Truth of Murder is a British alternative history film about the crime writer Agatha Christie becoming embroiled in a real life murder case during her 11 day disappearance in 1926.
5/10
I hope it's not as boring as the similarly themed Agatha with Vanessa Redgrave.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Jinnistan wrote: I hope it's not as boring as the similarly themed Agatha with Vanessa Redgrave.
It is :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:55 pm

50th
The Mountain Between Us
(2017)

After their flight is canceled due to stormy weather, neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Bass and photojournalist Alex Martin hire private pilot Walter to get them to Denver for connecting flights to Alex's wedding in New York and Ben's emergency surgery appointment in Baltimore. Walter, who has not filed a flight plan, suffers a fatal stroke mid-flight, and the plane crashes on a mountaintop in the High Uintas Wilderness. Ben, Alex, and Walter's dog survive the crash with various injuries..
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu41hu1a_8c

After Michael Fassbender and Margot Robbie dropped out of the project, they were replaced by Charlie Hunnam and Rosamund Pike. However, both dropped out of the project after it was put into turnaround. Idris Elba and Kate Winslet were eventually cast. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:09 pm

49th
Fabricated City
(2017)

In real life, Kwon Yoo (JI Chang-wook) is unemployed, but in the virtual game world he is the best leader. Kwon Yoo is then framed for a murder. With the help of hacker Yeo-Wool (SHIM Eun-kyung), he tries to uncover the truth behind the murder case.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWH__bffCOk

Messy :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:31 pm

48th
The Night Before
(2015)

Ethan (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), Isaac (Seth Rogen) and Chris (Anthony Mackie) have been friends since childhood, and for a decade, their yearly Christmas Eve reunion has been an annual night of debauchery and hilarity. Now that they're entering adulthood, the tradition is coming to an end, and to make it as memorable as possible, they set out to find the Nutcracka Ball - the Holy Grail of Christmas parties.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShIAH_G-Iuw

Falcon, Green Hornet. General Zod and Robin in the same movie
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:44 pm

47th
Appointment With Death
(1988)

Emily Boynton (Piper Laurie), stepmother to the three Boynton children, and mother to Ginevra (Amber Bezer), blackmails the family lawyer, Jefferson Cope (David Soul), into destroying the second will of her late husband, which would have freed the childern from her dominating influence. She takes herself and the children on vacation to Europe and the Holy Land. In Jerusalem, Hercule Poirot (Sir Peter Ustinov) meets up with a woman friend, Dr. Sarah King (Jenny Seagrove), who falls in love with Raymond Boynton (John Terleskey) to Emily's disapproval. Lady Westholme (Lauren Bacall), her secretary, and Cope are following them too. The children learn about the second will, and Emily succeeds in rubbing the rest the wrong way, causing much hatred towards her. At a dig, everybody wonders about the camp, and Emily is found dead, poisoned. Poirot investigates.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwbeCz0P7BI

Probably director Michael Winner's most restraint film :-/
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 pm

46th
Can't Take it Back
(2017)

When two drunk teen girls jokingly post mean comments on a dead classmate’s Facebook page, they receive a chilling clapback from beyond the grave. Morgan’s spirit is mad, and if Kristen can’t figure out how to fight back, she’ll soon be joining her in the afterlife. Like UNFRIENDED and IT FOLLOWS, CAN’T TAKE IT BACK will make you think twice about the unkind things you post online…
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bblt_cL4RJc&t=7s

Can't Take My 90 mins Back :(
OK it's not that bad, but couldn't resist a pun
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 pm

45th
Power Rangers
(2017)

High school outcasts stumble upon an old alien ship, where they acquire superpowers and are dubbed the Power Rangers. Learning that an old enemy of the previous generation has returned to exact vengeance, the group must harness their powers and use them to work together and save the world.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw

Watchable until the Suits go on and the dino-bot thingys turn up :roll:
Yellow rangers a babe though! :up:
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Rumpled wrote:46th
Can't Take it Back
(2017)

When two drunk teen girls jokingly post mean comments on a dead classmate’s Facebook page, they receive a chilling clapback from beyond the grave. Morgan’s spirit is mad, and if Kristen can’t figure out how to fight back, she’ll soon be joining her in the afterlife. Like UNFRIENDED and IT FOLLOWS, CAN’T TAKE IT BACK will make you think twice about the unkind things you post online…
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bblt_cL4RJc&t=7s

Can't Take My 90 mins Back :(
OK it's not that bad, but couldn't resist a pun
Ha!
Like the one sentence review of Snow Falling On Cedars: Paint Drying On Walls.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:03 am

Rumpled wrote:45th
Power Rangers
(2017)

Yellow rangers a babe though! :up:
You'll be pleased to know Becky G is also a singer!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:59 am

Apex Predator wrote:
You'll be pleased to know Becky G is also a singer!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm

44th
Pitch Pefect 3
(2017)

After the highs of winning the World Championships, the Bellas find themselves split apart and discovering there aren't job prospects for making music with your mouth. But when they get the chance to reunite for an overseas USO tour, this group of awesome nerds will come together to make some music, and some questionable decisions, one last time.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZkuyLsN3gM

During the shots of passports, Lilly's states she is from Area 51. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:33 pm

43rd
The Last Survivors
(2014)

At the edge of an expansive barren valley, all that remains of The Wallace Farm for Wayward Youth is a few hollowed-out husks of buildings. Seventeen year-old Kendal (Haley Lu Richardson) can barely recall when the Oregon valley was still lush. It's been a decade since the last rainfall, and society at large has dried up and blown away. Kendal and the few others that remain barely scrape by, while dreaming of escape. When a greedy water baron lays claim to what little of the precious resource remains underground, Kendal must decide whether to run and hide or bravely fight for the few cherished people and things she has left.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9IVgbxOdpo

Cute girls kicking butt is always a welcome sight, but alas it's yet another of them "world gone to shit it's now the last of us against scavengers" type movie :roll:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 pm

42nd
Proud Mary
(2018)

Taraji P. Henson is Mary, a hit woman working for an organized crime family in Boston, whose life is completely turned around when she meets a young boy whose path she crosses when a professional hit goes bad.
5/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1Zcv54USA

Watchable but it's no Leon (1994)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 pm

41st
Replicas
(2018)

A daring synthetic biologist, after a car accident kills his family, will stop at nothing to bring them back, even if it means pitting himself against a government-controlled laboratory, a police task force and the physical laws of science.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAHKQPBKSZ8

"This movie has 2 of my greatest fears, needles and Keanu doing drama". - Youtube :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 pm

40th
Hero Wanted
(2008)

Ray Liotta and Cuba Gooding, Jr. star in this tense crime thriller concerning a small town trash collector whose dangerous plan to impress a pretty girl goes tragically awry. Liam Case (Gooding, Jr.) is a garbage man whose life hasn't quite turned out the way he expected it would. In order to impress the girl of his dreams, Liam plans an elaborate heist that will culminate with him jumping in to save the day at the last minute. When the day of the heist arrives, however, the plan takes an unexpected turn and Liam winds up in the hospital. Upon learning that a mysterious killer has slain the criminal that left both himself and the bank teller for dead during the chaos of the robbery, Liam realizes that the associates of the murdered thief won't stop until they have avenged the death of their fallen partner in crime.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZroWBh6Klo&t=95s

Cuba Gooding Jr was suggested by Roger Moore to replace Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:25 pm

39th
Why Hide?
(2018)

A diverse group of friends gather for the festive season in a remote lodge but soon plans go awry. One of the friends goes missing and the truth behind why the lodge was booked for the holiday is disclosed. Christmas quickly turns to chaos and a bloody nightmare ensues ..
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J14UOFAqC70&t=10s
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:37 pm

38th
My Cousin Rachel
(2017)

Philip, an orphan, was taken in and brought up by his cousin Ambrose, a Devon landowner he loves like a father. At a time, Ambrose, who has been advised by his physician a warmer climate, leaves for Tuscany. There he meets and marry Rachel, a half-Italian cousin of his. After an idyllic outset, the situation deteriorates. Shortly before his death, Ambrose manages to alert Philip: his wife is killing him slowly. Willing to sort out the truth, Philip goes to Ambrose's place but he does not find Rachel, who has gone away. Instead he meets Rainaldi, her friend and lawyer, who does not inspire him with confidence. He returns to his estate, persuaded that Rachel is evil and is the direct cause of Ambrose's death. Some time later, Rachel announces her coming. Determined to welcome her coolly, he is stunned to discover a woman not only beautiful but elegant, intelligent and sensitive. Instead of strangling her like he said he would, he falls in love. Madly.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVaPJxe0Qxs

I'm such a tard... i only just realized she's actually called rachel :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:46 pm

37th
The Conspiracy
(2012)

When two young filmmakers select a crazed conspiracy theorist as the subject of their new movie, they have no idea the terrifying peril they will put themselves in. When the man disappears without a trace, the filmmakers begin an obsessive quest to uncover the truth that will lead them to an ancient and dangerous secret society. A meticulously researched thriller based on real conspiracy theories,
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZNVPiyl_ag&t=22s

One of the better FF ones but all the spooky stuffs only at the end
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 pm

36th
The Card Player
(2004)

In Rome, after the abduction of a British tourist, the police inspector Anna Mari is contacted by the criminal, who self-entitles The Card Player, challenging the police department to dispute a video poker with him where the prize would be the life of the victim. The Chief of Police refuses to participate and the victim is tortured and killed in front of an Internet web cam. The British detective John Brennan is assigned to investigate the case and when another woman is kidnapped, they invite the addicted player Remo to play for the police. Anna and John lead the investigation trying to disclose who might be the serial-killer.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE9O1kAFSg0&t=3s

Watch the coroners completely outta nowhere shuffle in the trailer, it isn't in the movie :( But good god i pissed myself laughing :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm

35th
Asher
(2018)

Asher (Ron Perlman) is a contract killer who's spent the better part of his life ending other lives, taking orders from Avi (Richard Dreyfuss). He lives a lonely existence, making friends out of fine wine and good food, resenting his apprentice, Uzi (Peter Facinelli), who's taking jobs from him due to youth. When Avi hands Asher three contracts for a revenge scheme, the hitman takes the job, only to lose consciousness due to health issues, making accidental contact with Sophie (Famke Janssen), a ballet teacher distraught over mother Dora (Jacqueline Bisset), who's losing her battle with dementia. Asher and Sophie make a connection, embarking on a tentative courtship where the murderer can't share anything about his life. As the pair work out their flirtations, Asher is forced to pair with Uzi on a group hit, and when that goes bad for a moment, the veteran soon becomes marked for death, threatening all the good that's come into his world.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNhgPvam9ic

Ron Perlman in an interview with Collider said this has been a passion project he has beeb trying to get off thr ground for 10-13 years - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 pm

34th
The River Murders
(2011)

Christian Slater, Ving Rhames and Ray Liotta team up for this taut thriller. When one of his old flames turns up sexually assaulted and brutally murdered, homicide detective Jack Verdon (Ray Liotta) believes it's only an isolated incident. But soon, a pattern emerges, whereby his other exes fall prey to similar fates - and Verdon becomes convinced that a twisted sex murderer is responsible. Others aren't so sure, however - particularly the FBI agent in charge of the case (Slater) and the local police captain (Rhames), both of whom believe that Jack himself has blood-stained hands.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuTzNCvt11g

As extremely badly written as this film is, i still enjoyed it... probably for the badly written stuff :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:32 pm

33rd
Wrongfully Accused
(1998)

Ryan Harrison, a violin god, superstar and sex symbol does not want to cheat on sexy Lauren Goodhue's husband with her. Shortly after that Mr. Goodhue is found murdered and Ryan suddenly finds himself being the main suspect. After being sentenced to death he manages to flee while being transferred to his execution site. Now, all the world is after him as he stumbles from one unfortunate incident to the next in order to find the real murderer.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B3Gcerquxs

At one point early on, Ryan Harrison was to meet Richard Kimble, who wouldve been played by Harrison Ford, in the sewer. However this idea never made it to screen. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:39 pm

32nd
Destiny: The Tale of Kamakura
(2017)

Not only is Kamakura-based Masakazu Isshiki a mystery novelist, but he is also a good detective himself. His wife Akiko and he are acquainted with all manners of creatures and gods who are of, from or passing through the town. Dealing with and tackling his cases means he can use all the help he can get.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6aWdEz8vdc

Cute ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:48 pm

31st
Dead Before Dawn
(2012)

The film follows a bunch of college kids who accidentally break an evil urn and end up inadvertently creating a curse that causes everyone they make eye contact with to kill themselves and turn into Zombie Demons! Now, with only 24 hours to reverse the curse and the fate of the entire world resting on their shoulders, our heroes race through the night in a bloody Winnebago, armed with a slew of homemade weapons, avoiding eye contact, dodging hicky's and seducing demons. Will our heroes be able to reverse the curse and save the day or will all of humanity be Dead Before Dawn?
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcx-Fx_MqW4&t=10s

Watch it free in HD = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapVQLc-2BY
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Rumpled wrote:33rd
Wrongfully Accused
(1998)

Ryan Harrison, a violin god, superstar and sex symbol does not want to cheat on sexy Lauren Goodhue's husband with her. Shortly after that Mr. Goodhue is found murdered and Ryan suddenly finds himself being the main suspect. After being sentenced to death he manages to flee while being transferred to his execution site. Now, all the world is after him as he stumbles from one unfortunate incident to the next in order to find the real murderer.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B3Gcerquxs

At one point early on, Ryan Harrison was to meet Richard Kimble, who wouldve been played by Harrison Ford, in the sewer. However this idea never made it to screen. - Trivia
I've only watched this scene from this movie. I don't feel compelled to watch the rest because how could it better?

Last Great Movie Seen
John Wick: Chapter 3 (Stahelski, 2019)
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:09 am

Torgo wrote:
I've only watched this scene from this movie. I don't feel compelled to watch the rest because how could it better?

Watching Richard Crenna rip off Tommy Lee Jones in his famous speech from the Fugitive is another comic highlight.

He's done better (Naked Guns), but unlike some other films Nielsen has done (Spy Hard, 2001: A Space Travesty), at least the relative focus on the plot helps it out.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:32 am

30th
In Their Skin
(2012)

After the accidental death of their six-year-old daughter, the Hughes family escape their busy upscale suburban life and head to their isolated cottage for some quality time. An evening with their friendly neighbors is suddenly interrupted when one mans obsession with perfection escalates into a violent struggle, forcing the families to go beyond what they ever thought they were capable of in order to survive.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAW6jKKC8k

Wooley :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 am

29th
Dead Tone
(2007)

Finals at the prestigious University of Dreyskill are finally over and it's time to party. "The Crew", as they are known by their peers and dorm mates, are invited to a rich classmate's hideaway mansion high up in the hills of Colorado. What was supposed to be a weekend of fun and relaxation quickly becomes a trip they will never forget... If they survive! A simple game of prank scare phone calls becomes an intense game of survival and escape when one of the Crew members accidentally calls the wrong person.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-ss-xkHzc&t=52s

Good kills but the stereotypes are through the roof on this mutha :shock: