Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Free and open discussion of anything that may or may not need discussing.
Rump

Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Rump » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:09 pm

59th
The Vagrant (1992)
The Vagrant tells the story of Graham Krackowski (the always magnificent Paxton), who moves into his new home only to be terrorized by an unruly vagrant that lives across the street in an abandon lot. What begins as simply an inconvenience to him, escalates into an all out war of head games, wit, and eventually murder.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLrWFyiETg

The SWAT raid scene took three days and 1500 bullet hits to set up. All of which were fired in less than one minute, resulting in less than 10 seconds of on-screen time. - Nerdy Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:16 pm

58th
Terror Creatures From the Grave (1965)
An attorney arrives at a castle to settle the estate of its recently deceased owner. The owner's wife and daughter reveal that he was someone who was able to summon the souls of ancient plague victims and, in fact, his spirit was roaming the castle at that very moment. Soon occupants of the castle begin to die off in gruesome, violent ways.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GI1yiYoEc

In a taped radio interview, Massimo Pupillo said that Barbara Steele was difficult to work with for the first three or four days, acting like horror films were beneath her. He chewed her out one day in front of cast and crew. After that, he said, she was wonderful to work with. - Nerdy Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:27 pm

57th
Justice League (2017)
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes-Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash-it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw
When the film got shown in Iceland (which uses subtitles rather than dub for films with non-Icelandic languages), Jason Momoa's pronunciation of his single line of Icelandic was deemed so unintelligible that it had to be subtitled into Icelandic (often resulting in a big laugh by the audience). - Nerdy Trivia :D
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:35 pm

56th
The Caller (1987)
A mysterious man (Malcolm McDowell) comes to meet a woman living in a house in the woods. Who are they and why are their lives meant to cross? What kind of fate is in store for them?
6/10
Watch it free on youtube = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS42x6EKXxc
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Rump wrote:a carnival clown
Otherwise known as Richard Lynch. Easily the film's highlight.
Rump wrote:Justice League (2017)
I think my favorite part of the film is where Cyborg tries to wear a hoodie to be more inconspicuous...and it works! Wonder Woman: "Oh! I didn't see you standing on this dark street despite half your face glowing bright halogyn red through your pitiful grey cotten hood."
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm

55th
The Post (2017)
When American military analyst, Daniel Ellsberg, realizes to his disgust the depths of the US government's deceptions about the futility of the Vietnam War, he takes action by copying top-secret documents that would become the Pentagon Papers. Later, Washington Post owner, Kay Graham, is still adjusting to taking over her late husband's business when editor Ben Bradlee discovers the New York Times has scooped them with an explosive expose on those papers. Determined to compete, Post reporters find Ellsberg himself and a complete copy of those papers. However, the Post's plans to publish their findings are put in jeopardy with a Federal restraining order that could get them all indicted for Contempt. Now, Kay Graham must decide whether to back down for the safety of her paper or publish and fight for the Freedom of the Press. In doing so, Graham and her staff join a fight that would have America's democratic ideals in the balance.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrXlY6gzTTM

Robert McNamara is seen wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo golf shirt. The scene takes place in 1971. Ralph Lauren introduced the shirt in 1972. - Super Nerdy Trivia :D lol how desperate for trivia are they!!!
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Rump wrote:Justice League (2017)
Jinnistan wrote:I think my favorite part of the film is where Cyborg tries to wear a hoodie to be more inconspicuous...and it works! Wonder Woman: "Oh! I didn't see you standing on this dark street despite half your face glowing bright halogyn red through your pitiful grey cotten hood."
:P
Rump

Post by Rump » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:50 am

54th
The Square (2017)
Christian is the respected curator of a contemporary art museum, a divorced but devoted father of two who drives an electric car and supports good causes. His next show is "The Square", an installation which invites passersby to altruism, reminding them of their role as responsible fellow human beings. But sometimes, it is difficult to live up to your own ideals: Christian's foolish response to the theft of his phone drags him into shameful situations. Meanwhile, the museum's PR agency has created an unexpected campaign for "The Square". The response is overblown and sends Christian, as well as the museum, into an existential crisis.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUzRjRv0Ib0

The crowd Oleg was taunting in the dinner scene, throwing water over and pushing around, were in fact drawn from the actual ranks of Sweden's 1 percent, including some of the country's wealthiest art patrons ("They were so into it," the director says). - IMDB
Rump

Post by Rump » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:02 am

53rd
Tragedy Girls (2017)
A twist on the slasher genre, following two death-obsessed teenage girls who use their online show about real-life tragedies to send their small mid-western town into a frenzy, and cement their legacy as modern horror legends.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSg0BBV-18

Hey it's Storm and Negasonic Teenage Warhead ;)
Rump

Post by Rump » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 am

52nd
Gotham by Gaslight (2018)
In an age of mystery and superstition, how would the people of Gotham react to a weird creature of the night, a bat-garbed vigilante feared by the guilty and the innocent alike? The very first Elseworlds tale re-imagines the Dark Knight detective in Victorian times and pits him against the infamous murderer Jack the Ripper.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7FuOmlAO1k
ski petrol

Post by ski petrol » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:17 am

Did you watch Batman Ninja? I still have it on my drive after reading repulsive reviews.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:19 am

Captain Terror wrote:I've seen worse, but I was disappointed that it wasn't as good as American Mary. In fact, that's starting to look like an outlier in their careers.
I'm mildly obsessed with directors who work as partners, and doubly so if they are siblings. But nothing I saw in American Mary (which I disliked but did not hate) made me want to seek out any of their other work. I found a lot of the film straining to be edgy, with the oddly-framed (and totally gratuitous) penis shot being a particular low. It feels like it's going somewhere really interesting, and then unapologetically takes a sharp left hand turn into a
rape revenge flick that does nothing to go beyond the trappings of that particular subgenre
Rump

Post by Rump » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:34 am

51st
Insidious 4 (2018)
The parapsychologist Dr. Elise Rainier has nightmares with her childhood in New Mexico, where she lived with her brother Christian, her supportive mother Audrey and her father Gerald, who frequently beats her when she claims that she sees ghosts everywhere in the house. When the client Ted Garza calls Elise to ask for help since he is haunted since he moved to a house in New Mexico, Elise refuses the request since the address is the same house where she spent her childhood. However she changes her mind and accepts the job, and travels with her assistants Specs and Tucker to New Mexico where they will discover an evil entity in the house.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQyrwQyCOk
Rump

Post by Rump » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 am

ski petrol wrote:Did you watch Batman Ninja? I still have it on my drive after reading repulsive reviews.
Not yet :P
ski petrol

Post by ski petrol » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:01 am

I've only seen 49 movies this year. Yeah pretty sad. My favorite one is still Isle of Dogs. I saw another one called Revenge that was ridiculously over the top but bloody as all hell.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:37 am

Rump wrote:58th
Terror Creatures From the Grave (1965)
An attorney arrives at a castle to settle the estate of its recently deceased owner. The owner's wife and daughter reveal that he was someone who was able to summon the souls of ancient plague victims and, in fact, his spirit was roaming the castle at that very moment. Soon occupants of the castle begin to die off in gruesome, violent ways.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GI1yiYoEc

In a taped radio interview, Massimo Pupillo said that Barbara Steele was difficult to work with for the first three or four days, acting like horror films were beneath her. He chewed her out one day in front of cast and crew. After that, he said, she was wonderful to work with. - Nerdy Trivia
Yup, totally seein' this.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:38 am

Rump wrote:57th
Justice League (2017)
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes-Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash-it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw
When the film got shown in Iceland (which uses subtitles rather than dub for films with non-Icelandic languages), Jason Momoa's pronunciation of his single line of Icelandic was deemed so unintelligible that it had to be subtitled into Icelandic (often resulting in a big laugh by the audience). - Nerdy Trivia :D
Did your keyboard just get stuck on the number 6?
Cause that was one of the most pitiful big-budget films I've ever seen. I don't think I could give it a 2.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:42 am

Rump wrote:52nd
Gotham by Gaslight (2018)
In an age of mystery and superstition, how would the people of Gotham react to a weird creature of the night, a bat-garbed vigilante feared by the guilty and the innocent alike? The very first Elseworlds tale re-imagines the Dark Knight detective in Victorian times and pits him against the infamous murderer Jack the Ripper.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7FuOmlAO1k
I've been considering watching this for a while, but I think I decided I want to read the comic first.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:46 am

Rump wrote:51st
Insidious 4 (2018)
The parapsychologist Dr. Elise Rainier has nightmares with her childhood in New Mexico, where she lived with her brother Christian, her supportive mother Audrey and her father Gerald, who frequently beats her when she claims that she sees ghosts everywhere in the house. When the client Ted Garza calls Elise to ask for help since he is haunted since he moved to a house in New Mexico, Elise refuses the request since the address is the same house where she spent her childhood. However she changes her mind and accepts the job, and travels with her assistants Specs and Tucker to New Mexico where they will discover an evil entity in the house.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQyrwQyCOk
I'm a little disappointed to see that Rose Byrne didn't make it out of B movies. I met her at a party once and she seemed really nice so I've been kinda pullin' for her. Seeing her end up in this probably signals the end of higher aspirations for her.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:51 am

I had no idea we'd made it as far as 4 Insidiousesses. Didn't even know there was a 3.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Takoma1 wrote:
I'm mildly obsessed with directors who work as partners, and doubly so if they are siblings. But nothing I saw in American Mary (which I disliked but did not hate) made me want to seek out any of their other work. I found a lot of the film straining to be edgy, with the oddly-framed (and totally gratuitous) penis shot being a particular low. It feels like it's going somewhere really interesting, and then unapologetically takes a sharp left hand turn into a
rape revenge flick that does nothing to go beyond the trappings of that particular subgenre
I think we've discussed this before, because I can't for the life of me remember the penis shot. However, having watched subsequent interviews and appearances on TV/internet shows, the twins do seem to have an obsession with prosthetic phalli. At first I was interpreting it as female filmmakers flipping the script on the guys, which was cool. But after the 10th fake weiner gag it starts to seem immature. The fact that Eli Roth was an early champion of theirs is not lost on me.

BUT-- back when I saw American Mary, I was impressed that it was such a giant improvement over their previous film and looked forward to their future work. Even if it wasn't flawless it showed some potential and (I thought) a distinctly feminine point of view. Since then, that has resulted in See No Evil 2 (not great), Vendetta (terrible), a penis-mutilating segment in ABCs of Death 2, and the cheesy game show. So just to circle it back around to Rumpled's list, my comment wasn't so much about how great Mary was, but how disappointing their subsequent output has been.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Captain Terror wrote:I think we've discussed this before, because I can't for the life of me remember the penis shot.
It's during this weird montage when Mary is starting to get a bunch of clients and they're all telling her the weird stuff they want her to do and I think we're seeing the "after" results of her surgeries. She does a modification on one guy's penis and you see a shot of it. What mostly struck me was the framing of the shot--I always hate shots of bodies (usually it's women) when the camera just frames a body part. It was so . . . inelegant. At first I thought maybe the actor who played the client was different from the person showing the penis, but then I was like "Why would they hire TWO people for a 15 second scene?". So I still don't understand why that moment was done the way it was.
back when I saw American Mary, I was impressed that it was such a giant improvement over their previous film and looked forward to their future work. Even if it wasn't flawless it showed some potential and (I thought) a distinctly feminine point of view.
I felt, as I watched the movie, that most of what I liked about it was (1) Katherine Isabelle's performance (love her) and (2) the initial concept of someone starting off as a surgeon and taking this weird left turn into extreme body modification, but that concept then goes by the wayside.
Rock

Post by Rock » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Captain Terror wrote:I had no idea we'd made it as far as 4 Insidiousesses. Didn't even know there was a 3.
The third one is basically Lin Shaye: Origins. If you like her (and I do), it's reasonably diverting.
It basically ends with a wrestling match in the Black Lodge though, so don't fool yourself at any point into thinking it's actually good.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:38 pm

I think you got me queueing up The Square for future reference.

Not sure why they had 4 Insidious films and only 1 Sinister though?
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Rock wrote: The third one is basically Lin Shaye: Origins. If you like her (and I do), it's reasonably diverting.
It basically ends with a wrestling match in the Black Lodge though, so don't fool yourself at any point into thinking it's actually good.
I was so pleased when I realized, I mean it just pinged in my head one day, that she was the teacher in A Nightmare On Elm Street.
I have friends who are actors, real-life ones, not the ones who become stars, but the ones who just hack away every day going to calls and auditions for small parts in TV shows and movies if they can get them, if they get a speaking part, no matter how small, all their friends celebrate and post it all over facebook. But they keep hacking away. So to see Lin Shaye just keep hacking away for 30-odd years and finally get her moment, it pleases me.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Apex Predator wrote:I think you got me queueing up The Square for future reference.

Not sure why they had 4 Insidious films and only 1 Sinister though?
There are 2 Sinister films.
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:11 am

50th
Coco (2017)
Despite his family's baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector, and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvr68u6k5sI

The film contains certain themes and content which would ordinarily be banned in China. Reportedly, the Chinese censor board members were so touched by the film that they made an exception and allowed it. - IMDB
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:19 am

49th
Cold Moon (2016)
In a sleepy southern town, the Larkin family suffers a terrible tragedy. Now the Larkin's are about to endure another: Traffic lights blink an eerie warning, a ghostly visage prowls in the streets, and graves erupt from the local cemetery in an implacable march of terror . . . And beneath the murky surface of the river, a shifting, almost human shape slowly takes form to seek a terrible vengeance
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BLSpka0VL4

Starring Tommy Wiseau :)
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 am

48th
Mirrors (2008)
In New York, the former NYPD detective Ben Carson is hired to work as night watch of the remains of the Mayflower Department Store that was partially destroyed by fire many years ago. Ben became alcoholic and was retired from the police force after killing a man in a shooting. His marriage was also destroyed and now he is living in the apartment of his younger sister Angie. However he has not been drinking for three months and sees the employment as a chance to rebuild his life. When he goes to the rounds in his first night, he finds that the mirrors are impeccably clean and his colleague explains that the former night watch was obsessed with the mirrors. After a couple of nights, Ben sees weird images in the mirrors, but due to the lack of credibility of his past, his ex-wife Amy believes he has hallucinations as a side effect of his medication. When Angie is found brutally murdered in her bathtub, Ben discovers that there is an evil force in the mirror.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O92QxxgeCO8

Shot in Romania, most of it was filmed in the unfinished Academy of Sciences building in Bucharest. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:33 am

47th
Fury (2014)
1945, in World War II Germany, the tough Sergeant Don 'Wardaddy' Collier commands a tank and survives a German attack with his veteran crew composed of Boyd 'Bible' Swan, Trini 'Gordo' Garcia and Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis. He receives a rookie soldier Norman Ellison as the substitute for his deceased gunner and he tries to harden the youth along the way.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNHuK1rteF4

Shia LaBeouf reportedly pulled out his own tooth and did not shower during filming. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:36 am

46th
Mom and Dad (2017)
There's definitely something terrible going on in the peaceful suburban community, as, one after the other, otherwise loving and caring parents mysteriously turn into ravenous carriers of an unfathomable pandemic that targets their offspring. Suddenly, every son and daughter--not only in the neighbourhood but also in the entire region--have to run for their lives, as the rage-filled murderous intent is simply as unstoppable as it is inexplicable. Of course, Brent and Kendall's teenage children are no exception, and before long, the simmering but usual familial tensions will take a completely different meaning.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmztaedBdU

Nicolas Cage said this was his favorite movie in ten years that he had filmed. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 am

45th
The Evil Clergyman (1988)
The plot is very simple: a woman (Barbara Crampton) visits the home of her deceased lover, a clergyman Jonathan (played by Jeffrey Combs) who, as you may have guessed from the title, has many sins on his soul, including but not limited to - a murder.
7/10
Watch it free on youtube = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTntWboafo

Part of a Charles band anthology film (Pulse Pounders) which alas was never released. - Trivia

Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:53 am

44th
Nurse Betty (2000)
A Kansas City waitress with dreams of becoming a nurse becomes delusional after seeing her no-good car salesman husband murdered. Becoming delusional from shock, she becomes convinced that she is the former fiancée of her soap opera idol. What she also believes is that the soap opera is real and goes to LA to find the hospital where he works as a cardiologist. Meanwhile, her husband's murderers are searching for the drugs stolen by her husband and, as luck would have it, they are stored in the trunk of the car she drove off in. Freeman, an aging hit man planning his retirement after this job, also becomes delusional about the woman he is tracking.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CkdsKu2dI
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 am

43rd
Spellcaster (1988)
Winning a trip to Italy through a contest, Jackie (O'Grady) and her brother Tom (Pruett) join other winners Myrna (Demson), Yvette (Lind), Terri (Ulrich), Harlan (Zorek) and Tony (Modugno). They settle into the rooms of an old castle, together with Cassandra (Bailey), a rock star playing along in the contest. Wanting to get a leg up on each other, they all try to sneak out and find the prize before it starts, to no avail. When the contest begins, they start to die one-by-one from a mysterious source within the castle. Figuring that evil forces are at work, the remaining members race to stop the assailant from finishing their work.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQiYJeXZYs

Hey look it's Adam Ant!!!

Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 am

42nd
The Invisible Guardian (2017)
Amaia Salazar, a police inspector in Pamplona, is directed by her superior to investigate a murder. The case concerns a teenage girl whose naked body was found at the side of a river close to Elizondo, Amaia's birth town, a rainy village surrounded by forests and mounts, full of local myths and ancient superstitions. Her marriage to James, an American sculptor, is falling apart due to her desire for a child, and despite wishing to never return to her family home, Amaia Salazar is forced to face the past and reconnect with her Aunt Engrasi and her sisters Flora and Rosaura. It seems that Amaia's instinct for criminal cases will be challenged, as more naked bodies of teenage girls are found in the forest. Trying to solve the case and discover the identity of the killer, Amaia must not only confront her own childhood trauma from the abuses of her mother, but also a growing suspicion that perhaps the killer is someone who is too close for comfort.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJX8wDtg6xk

Takoma :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 am

41st
In the Eye of the Hurricane (1971)
Ruth and Michel separate after Ruth finds another man, Paul. Ruth and Paul go to her sunny, idyllic beach side villa to spend summer. They are having a great time together, and then things start happening. The brakes of the car fail, and Ruth narrowly escapes death. The driving equipment goes faulty, and Ruth almost drowns. Michel turns up at their doorstep for an uninvited social call, and Paul asks him in. Ruth suspects Michel of being the person behind the mechanical faults of the car and the diving equipment, but Paul dismisses such a possibility - but he does suggest it to Michel. Then, the heat does go up...
7/10
Musical montagey kinda thing= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-a6RrSc4ZA

AKA Lusty Lovers

Peekaboo
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Rump wrote:42nd
The Invisible Guardian (2017)
Amaia Salazar, a police inspector in Pamplona, is directed by her superior to investigate a murder. The case concerns a teenage girl whose naked body was found at the side of a river close to Elizondo, Amaia's birth town, a rainy village surrounded by forests and mounts, full of local myths and ancient superstitions. Her marriage to James, an American sculptor, is falling apart due to her desire for a child, and despite wishing to never return to her family home, Amaia Salazar is forced to face the past and reconnect with her Aunt Engrasi and her sisters Flora and Rosaura. It seems that Amaia's instinct for criminal cases will be challenged, as more naked bodies of teenage girls are found in the forest. Trying to solve the case and discover the identity of the killer, Amaia must not only confront her own childhood trauma from the abuses of her mother, but also a growing suspicion that perhaps the killer is someone who is too close for comfort.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJX8wDtg6xk

Takoma :up:
Oh my gosh! I watched the first five minutes of this one, had to stop for some reason, and forgot all about it.

Thanks!
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Rump wrote:48th
Mirrors (2008)
In New York, the former NYPD detective Ben Carson is hired to work as night watch of the remains of the Mayflower Department Store that was partially destroyed by fire many years ago. Ben became alcoholic and was retired from the police force after killing a man in a shooting. His marriage was also destroyed and now he is living in the apartment of his younger sister Angie. However he has not been drinking for three months and sees the employment as a chance to rebuild his life. When he goes to the rounds in his first night, he finds that the mirrors are impeccably clean and his colleague explains that the former night watch was obsessed with the mirrors. After a couple of nights, Ben sees weird images in the mirrors, but due to the lack of credibility of his past, his ex-wife Amy believes he has hallucinations as a side effect of his medication. When Angie is found brutally murdered in her bathtub, Ben discovers that there is an evil force in the mirror.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O92QxxgeCO8

Shot in Romania, most of it was filmed in the unfinished Academy of Sciences building in Bucharest. - Trivia
Ugh.
I really thought this movie was just awful. Too bad to even pick specific things out, just bad from peel to core.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Rump wrote:The Evil Clergyman (1988)

Watch it free on youtube = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTntWboafo
Yoink!
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Well, I started The Invisible Guardian, but dude!

While I am loving the atmosphere (and the fact that they seem to suspect a bigfoot), did a forensic expert just break off a piece of a
cake that was left on a dead girl's shaved genitals and eat it and then go, "Hmm . . . . cooked in a wood oven."
I don't even know what to say to that on multiple levels.
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:15 am

Rump wrote:48th
Mirrors (2008)
Wooley wrote:Ugh.
I really thought this movie was just awful. Too bad to even pick specific things out, just bad from peel to core.
lol :P I was quite surprised as i'd always heard it was a stinker but i like it (got a bit silly at the end however, as the director changed it from the original)
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:17 am

Takoma1 wrote:Well, I started The Invisible Guardian, but dude!

While I am loving the atmosphere (and the fact that they seem to suspect a bigfoot), did a forensic expert just break off a piece of a
cake that was left on a dead girl's shaved genitals and eat it and then go, "Hmm . . . . cooked in a wood oven."
I don't even know what to say to that on multiple levels.
:D
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:24 am

40th
The Method (2005)
During IMF & World Bank Summit and demonstrations which upset Madrid, like other capitals, major corporation Dekia holds interviews to recruit a top executive from seven applicants. Their doubts start when they have to sign a clause accepting the Grönholm method, which nobody ever heard of. It soon becomes clear the tests are dirty mind games, but never what is true and whats the trick. They must guess who among them is the HR mole, and repeatedly eliminate one of their number from the procedure. Their priorities, ethics and loyalty are put trough stressing tests.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nYP7y6cmfA
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:31 am

39th
Suburbicon (2017)
In the bosom of Suburbicon, a family-centred, all-white utopia of manicured lawns and friendly locals, a simmering tension is brewing, as the first African-American family moves in the idyllic community, in the hot summer of 1959. However, as the patriarch Gardner Lodge and his family start catching a few disturbing glimpses of the once welcoming neighbourhood's dark underbelly, acts of unprecedented violence paired with a gruesome death will inevitably blemish Suburbicon's picture-perfect facade. Who would have thought that darkness resides even in Paradise?
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBezc1S1BAQ
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 am

38th
The Equalizer (2014)
In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays McCall, a man who believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when McCall meets Teri (Chloë Grace Moretz), a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can't stand idly by - he has to help her. Armed with hidden skills that allow him to serve vengeance against anyone who would brutalize the helpless, McCall comes out of his self-imposed retirement and finds his desire for justice reawakened. If someone has a problem, if the odds are stacked against them, if they have nowhere else to turn, McCall will help. He is The Equalizer.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjctHUEmutw

McCall is never actually shown shooting a firearm. At the restaurant, he twists a henchman's arm forcing him to shoot his boss. Towards the end of the film, McCall only uses the rifle for the scope, and eventually uses a nail gun. Everyone else is neutralized by other creative means. - Nerdy Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:50 am

37th
Darkest Hour (2017)
During World War II, as Adolf Hitler's awesomely powerful Wehrmacht rampages across Europe, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Neville Chamberlain, is forced to resign, recommending Winston Churchill as his replacement. But even in his early days as the country's leader, Churchill is under pressure to commence peace negotiations with the German dictator or to fight head-on the seemingly invincible Nazi regime, whatever the cost. However difficult and dangerous his decision may be, Churchill has no choice but to shine in the country's darkest hour.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJ60u7SUSw
Rump

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 am

36th
A Woman Possessed (1975)
Laurent, a seemingly normal young man, is looking to join a witches' sect that resides in a forest near his house. The only thing is Laurent's wife Aline also needs to join the sect in order to complete his initiation. Aline is understandably reluctant, so the sect heads design a series of events designed to break her down.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai1wm9HwIUA

Wild, malefic psychedelic occult pot-boiler from Gallic sleaze-hound Marcel Mercier. - IMDB

Wooley :up:
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 am

Rump wrote:59th
The Vagrant (1992)
The Vagrant tells the story of Graham Krackowski (the always magnificent Paxton), who moves into his new home only to be terrorized by an unruly vagrant that lives across the street in an abandon lot. What begins as simply an inconvenience to him, escalates into an all out war of head games, wit, and eventually murder.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLrWFyiETg

The SWAT raid scene took three days and 1500 bullet hits to set up. All of which were fired in less than one minute, resulting in less than 10 seconds of on-screen time. - Nerdy Trivia
The Vagrant is great. You need to keep rewatching it until you become wise enough to at least bump it up to a 7/10.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 am

Rump wrote:39th
Suburbicon (2017)
In the bosom of Suburbicon, a family-centred, all-white utopia of manicured lawns and friendly locals, a simmering tension is brewing, as the first African-American family moves in the idyllic community, in the hot summer of 1959. However, as the patriarch Gardner Lodge and his family start catching a few disturbing glimpses of the once welcoming neighbourhood's dark underbelly, acts of unprecedented violence paired with a gruesome death will inevitably blemish Suburbicon's picture-perfect facade. Who would have thought that darkness resides even in Paradise?
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBezc1S1BAQ
It seems weird, based on your image and review, that there is not a single black person in the trailer and that it seems to be all about some white guy and the mob.
Was the studio afraid of something?
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 am

Rump wrote:36th
A Woman Possessed (1975)
Laurent, a seemingly normal young man, is looking to join a witches' sect that resides in a forest near his house. The only thing is Laurent's wife Aline also needs to join the sect in order to complete his initiation. Aline is understandably reluctant, so the sect heads design a series of events designed to break her down.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai1wm9HwIUA

Wild, malefic psychedelic occult pot-boiler from Gallic sleaze-hound Marcel Mercier. - IMDB

Wooley :up:
Ha!
Where did I get this reputation?!