Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Discuss anything you want.
Rump

Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Rump » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:59 am

Wooley wrote:
Yeah that is strange... the black family move next door to matt, and his family make friends but the locals don't like it.
It is a main part of the film really?
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Rump wrote:It is a main part of the film really?
Most of the criticism of the film involves how awkwardly shoehorned this aspect is. It really doesn't affect the main narrative (the mafia/murder stuff) except to somewhat parallel the idea of corruption beneath a deceptively pristine surface. And that's not exactly ground-breaking social commentary.

I prefer the more Coen-influenced contingency humor of the mafia/murder stuff myself, and I think the kid was a pretty exceptional actor. The race stuff doesn't really make much of a difference one way or another.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:25 pm

I think you liked Nurse Betty a bit more than I did. Although I liked the clashes between fantasy and reality, I don't think they knew quite how to end it.
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:52 am

35th
The Ritual (2017)
A group of college friends reunite for a trip to the forest, but encounter a menacing presence in the woods that's stalking them.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsZkHrIFJxQ

The original tagline that was used when advertising the film was 'They should have gone to Vegas'. But due to the massacre in Vegas that took place on 1st of October 2017, the tagline has now been changed to 'They should have gone to Ibiza'. - IMDB
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:00 am

34th
Bowfinger (1999)
Forty-nine year old Bobby Bowfinger is the owner/president of a Hollywood-based production company, Bowfinger International Pictures. The company has yet to produce a film, Bobby's personal net worth is virtually zero, and the company only has $2,184 to its name, $1 invested into it personally by Bobby every week since he first decided he wanted to make a movie when he was a child. Bobby believes his fortunes will change when his accountant Afrim changes hats and writes a science-fiction alien invasion screenplay that Bobby thinks all studios will clamor for and has Oscar written all over it.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbHfeWfxHw

Based on a real incident in 1927. A Russian filmmaker covertly shot footage of the vacationing Mary Pickford, and fashioned an entire film around the footage, creating the illusion that Pickford was actually starring in this Russian film. - IMDB
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 am

33rd
Deep trap (2015)
Joon-sik and Min-hee are having a romantic trip to a remote Island. There they stay at a guesthouse of Sung-chul and his sister. While Joon-sik is heavily drunk, Seong-cheol's sister seduces Joon-sick, so Seong-cheol can rape Min-hee. Then a new couple comes and Seong-cheol is caught attacking the girlfriend, and he kills the boyfriend. Joon-sick and Min-hee try to escape.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in2uajQIiGk

AKA Exchange
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:13 am

32nd
Veronica (2017)
Madrid, June of 1991. Verónica is a teenage girl surpassed by the circumstances after her father died recently, her mother works in a bar all day and she must care for her three siblings, twin girls Lucía and Irene and the youngest Antoñito. Still mourning for her father's death, Verónica decides to play Ouija with her friends Rosa and Diana, taking advantage a total solar eclipse where all classmates and teachers are on the school's rooftop watching it. Alone in the cellar, the girls try to contact their recent deceased family members, but the session goes wrong and something happens to Verónica. She hid from her mother what has happened, Verónica starts to feel strange presences inside the house and fears that these ghosts are a threat to any of her siblings. Advised by Sister Narcisa (nicknamed by the children as Sister Death) about the sinister spirit which is close to her, Verónica looking for a way to break the contact with the ghost and save everyone, suffering hallucinations
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQW5I5tCy28
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:17 am

31st
Timecop (1994)
When the ability to travel through time is perfected, a new type of law enforcement agency is formed. It's called Time Enforcement Commission or TEC. A cop, Max Walker, is assigned to the group. On the day he was chosen, some men attack him and kill his wife. Ten years later Max is still grieving but has become a good agent for the TEC. He tracks down a former co-worker who went into the past to make money. Max brings him back for sentencing but not after telling Max that Senator McComb, the man in charge of TEC, sent him. Max has his eye on McComb.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPLHgw54h4

Max's hairstyle was partially influenced by Wolverine from the X-Men comics. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:34 am

30th
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
Jedi Master in hiding Luke Skywalker unwillingly attempts to guide young hopeful Rey in the ways of the force, while Leia, former princess turned general, attempts to lead what is left of the Resistance away from the ruthless tyrannical grip of the First Order.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

Anthony Daniels is now the only remaining actor to appear in all the official Star Wars films. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 am

29th
Museum (2016)
Detective Hisashi Sawamura (Shun Oguri) of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police is tired, behind and dealing with the departure of his ungrateful wife. Having lost his family, he now deals with both the serial murders or who is apparently punishing his victims. The horror comes courtesy of the manga, Museum: The Serial Killer Is Laughing In The Rain.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tljbY98oS5I
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:53 am

28th
Night of the Scorpion (1972)
Oliver & Ruth are a young couple who just got marry, Oliver is a widower. They decide to live into an old mansion belonging to his family in which under strange circumstances, his first wife died. once in there they are greeted by his sister and his stepmother. Oliver is still haunted by the dead of his first wife, and soon Ruth begins to suspect that in was not an accident what caused the death.
7/10
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am

27th
Good Time (2017)
Motivated by an almost ferocious love for his intellectually disabled brother, Nick, and an explosive mix of desperation and thirst for a better life, the abrasive and fledgeling criminal, Connie, involves his sibling in an ill-conceived bank robbery that swears to be a quick and easy job. Instead, things go utterly wrong, and Nick will wind up in Rikers Island after one unanticipated complication, forcing the desperate but determined Connie to embark on a nightmarish, no-holds-barred quest to bail Nick out. Inevitably, over the course of a long and violent night, Connie will go to great lengths to save Nick from a cruel fate, doomed, however, to do more harm than good. Is it all heading somewhere?
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrR-SbCRgCU

The film received a six-minute long standing ovation after it's premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. - Trivia
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Rump wrote:35th
The Ritual (2017)
A group of college friends reunite for a trip to the forest, but encounter a menacing presence in the woods that's stalking them.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsZkHrIFJxQ

The original tagline that was used when advertising the film was 'They should have gone to Vegas'. But due to the massacre in Vegas that took place on 1st of October 2017, the tagline has now been changed to 'They should have gone to Ibiza'. - IMDB
Someone around here was really touting this one. Wasn't you apparently.
I had to google Ibiza.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Wooley wrote: Someone around here was really touting this one. Wasn't you apparently.
I had to google Ibiza.
I watched it based on Death Proof's advice and I liked it. Some nice creepy-forest action if you're in to that. Might be a good one for your October list.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Rump wrote:34th
Bowfinger (1999)
Forty-nine year old Bobby Bowfinger is the owner/president of a Hollywood-based production company, Bowfinger International Pictures. The company has yet to produce a film, Bobby's personal net worth is virtually zero, and the company only has $2,184 to its name, $1 invested into it personally by Bobby every week since he first decided he wanted to make a movie when he was a child. Bobby believes his fortunes will change when his accountant Afrim changes hats and writes a science-fiction alien invasion screenplay that Bobby thinks all studios will clamor for and has Oscar written all over it.
7/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbHfeWfxHw

Based on a real incident in 1927. A Russian filmmaker covertly shot footage of the vacationing Mary Pickford, and fashioned an entire film around the footage, creating the illusion that Pickford was actually starring in this Russian film. - IMDB
You finally got around to seeing this?!?

Great, although I wish they had let Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin act together. Maybe next time?
Charles

Post by Charles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:08 pm

The creature from The Ritual is one of the best single elements in a horror movie I've seen. Too bad they have such a stock, bro-y cast.
Stu

Post by Stu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:07 am

Rump wrote:Based on a real incident in 1927. A Russian filmmaker covertly shot footage of the vacationing Mary Pickford, and fashioned an entire film around the footage, creating the illusion that Pickford was actually starring in this Russian film. - IMDB
Heh, I didn't know that, but Googling it couldn't lead me to the actual name of that particular "movie"... do you know, Rumps?
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:21 am

Wooley wrote:
Like charles says the creature is hella cool, stick it on your october list ;)
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:25 am

Stu wrote:Heh, I didn't know that, but Googling it couldn't lead me to the actual name of that particular "movie"... do you know, Rumps?
Sounds like this one = http://silentfilm.org/archive/a-kiss-fr ... kford-1927
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:34 am

26th
The lodgers (2017)
1920, rural Ireland. Anglo Irish twins Rachel and Edward share a strange existence in their crumbling family estate. Each night, the property becomes the domain of a sinister presence (The Lodgers) which enforces three rules upon the twins: they must be in bed by midnight; they may not permit an outsider past the threshold; if one attempts to escape, the life of the other is placed in jeopardy. When troubled war veteran Sean returns to the nearby village, he is immediately drawn to the mysterious Rachel, who in turn begins to break the rules set out by The Lodgers. The consequences pull Rachel into a deadly confrontation with her brother - and with the curse that haunts them.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIcW2xMuzs

Filmed in one of Ireland's most haunted houses, Loftus Hall. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:41 am

25th
The Wind (1928)
A country girl goes to live as with her very unpleasant Texas family, where she's forced to deal with a bad marriage, a villainous ex-lover, murder -- and the maddening, never-ceasing desert wind. Deliberately paced, highly symbolic melodrama shot on location in the Mojave Desert.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViZDewxaJ8s

The wind in the film was created by the propellers of eight aircraft stationed on location in the Mojave Desert. - Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:50 am

24th
Jigoku (1960)
The student Shirô Shimizu (Shigeru Amachi) is in love with his girlfriend Yukiko (Utako Mitsuya) and they want to get married. While returning home with his evil friend Tamura (Yôichi Numata) driving their car, they hit and run the Yakuza Kyôichi (Hiroshi Izumida). Kyôichi's mother and wife seek them out to revenge the death of Kyôichi. Meanwhile Shirô decides to turn himself in to the police and he takes a taxi with Yukiko but there is a car crash and Yukiko dies, in the beginning of the bizarre journey to hell of Shirô.
"Jigoku" is a weird and insane Japanese horror cult movie from the 60's.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45fCTOxci8

The film's production company was going out of business while the film was being completed, leading to budget-saving tactics such as the actors helping dig their own holes (pic above) in the movie's set for Hell. - Trivia :D
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:05 am

23rd
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4

Once again Gosling staring inanely through a film and Leto hamming it up :down:

Thank god for the look, sound and holo-girlfriend :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 am

22nd
Fighting Madam (1987)
The Government lays waste to Thailand's Golden Triangle poppyfields' production, and the Drug Lord seeks vengeance on the police forces involved. For 10 million Swiss Francs, he even buys the services of Madame Sue, a ruthless killer, to dispose of the Iron Angels, a trio of highly trained agents in martial arts and gunfighting.
8/10
Clip= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeMoGjzBJE0
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am

21st
Gaslight (1940)
Twenty years ago, old Mrs. Barlow was killed in her home at 12, Pimlico Square for her priceless rubies. The murderer searched the whole house without finding them, then disappeared. The house has been empty since then, but now Paul and Bella Mallen move into the apartment. Bella Mallen suffers from forgetfulness and nervousness - at least that is what her husband tells her. An elderly horse wrangler, B.G. Rough worked as a policeman twenty years ago and still remembers the unsolved case. He notices that Mr. Mallen looks just like Louis Barre, Mrs. Barlow's nephew. And why does Mr. Mallen mysteriously leave every night just to go into the apartment next door, no. 14?
8/10
Watch it free on youtube= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmtzaHwCKo

When later remade as Gaslight (1944) with Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman, the studio (MGM) attempted to have all prints of this earlier version destroyed. Fortunately, it was unsuccessful (in fact it is thought that director Thorold Dickinson surreptitiously struck off a print himself before the negatives were binned). - Trivia :) hah

Captain Terror :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:32 am

20th
Dr. Jekyll vs the Werewolf (1972)
Paul Naschy returns as El Hombre Lobo for the sixth time as he searches for a cure to his full moon maddness by visiting the grandson of the infamous Dr. Jekyll. What ensues next is a lover's triangle, and a savage sadistic Mr. Hyde who roams modern London and transforms into a werewolf on the disco floor. :D
8/10
Review= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBaeQ6RiR8
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 am

19th
Enemy Territory (1987)
Gary Frank, an ordinary, blue collared John Doe insurance salesman, is about to learn the hard way that there're certain areas that are off-limits to all outsiders. One specific tower block Lincon, is just such a place; as it belongs to a hostile small army known as *the vampires*, who basically own it and oversee that no one who does not occupy a dwelling there, will live thought the night. He's not fully aware of how much he shouldn't be on their turf, that he doesn't belong on their *property*. But it's a simple tap on Decon a child gang member's shoulder, that seals his fate as this act prompt's The Count, their leader to come looking for reprisals from Gary. When a security guard tries to defuse the situation, he ends up dead and so does Decon, who Gary *violated* with his touch. Blamed for the Decon's death by The Count, he's now marked for death, along with anyone else who dares aid him. Stuck on the top floor, with no way down.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxcz1BUKEDk

Cheeserific goodness starring a gun tooting Ray Parker Jr :P
Who ya gonna call......... My agent
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 am

18th
The Bar (2017)
On an ordinary day in bustling downtown Madrid, life ticks over as usual, while inside a decrepit and noisy central bar, a motley assortment of common urbanites is killing time indolently, up until a loud gunshot sends chills down the spine. Out of the blue, now a man lies dead in front of the bar in a pool of blood, and then surprisingly, in broad daylight, another death follows. Where did that mysterious lethal bullet come from? Is this an act of terrorism or is there a solitary invisible sniper hidden on a roof? As hysteria prevails and the bodies miraculously vanish into thin air, the perplexed and terrified bar's regulars are bound to turn on each other, paranoid and suspicious of the potential assassin who might be hiding inside the place. Is there indeed a wolf among sheep?
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcOqUb5Z7xg
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:10 am

17th
The Commuter (2018)
Now a hard-working life insurance salesman and a caring family man, the former police officer, Michael MacCauley, has taken the commuter rail to New York for the past ten years. But, unexpectedly, things will take a turn for the worse, when on one of his daily journeys, the cryptic passenger, Joanna, makes Michael a generous and tempting offer to locate a single commuter or face grave consequences. Is this a sick joke, or is this indeed a serious situation? As Michael races against the clock to solve this wicked conundrum, everyone aboard is a suspect, in a deal where there's definitely more than meets the eye. Can he decide in time who's the one?
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDshY43Ol2U

Patrick Wilson plays a cop named Alex Murphy. This also happens to be the titular character's name in another cop movie, RoboCop (1987), although it is unclear if the reference is intentional or coincidental. - Nerdy Trivia
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:19 am

16th
Black Panther (2018)
After the events of Captain America: Civil War, Prince T'Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new king. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Wesley Snipes wanted to play the Black Panther in the 1990s ever since Marvel approached him with the project, so he went to Columbia Pictures with a script. Given the limitations in special effects at the time, Black Panther's suit would basically be a leotard with cat ears. - Nerdy Trivia :D
Rump

Post by Rump » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Apex Predator wrote:
You finally got around to seeing this?!?
Theres a few rewatches in this list... Vegas Vacation, Maximum Overdrive, Bowfinger, Timecop and (one coming up in the top 10)
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Rump wrote:26th
The lodgers (2017)
1920, rural Ireland. Anglo Irish twins Rachel and Edward share a strange existence in their crumbling family estate. Each night, the property becomes the domain of a sinister presence (The Lodgers) which enforces three rules upon the twins: they must be in bed by midnight; they may not permit an outsider past the threshold; if one attempts to escape, the life of the other is placed in jeopardy. When troubled war veteran Sean returns to the nearby village, he is immediately drawn to the mysterious Rachel, who in turn begins to break the rules set out by The Lodgers. The consequences pull Rachel into a deadly confrontation with her brother - and with the curse that haunts them.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIcW2xMuzs

Filmed in one of Ireland's most haunted houses, Loftus Hall. - Trivia
*adds to October list*
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Rump wrote:25th
The Wind (1928)
A country girl goes to live as with her very unpleasant Texas family, where she's forced to deal with a bad marriage, a villainous ex-lover, murder -- and the maddening, never-ceasing desert wind. Deliberately paced, highly symbolic melodrama shot on location in the Mojave Desert.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViZDewxaJ8s

The wind in the film was created by the propellers of eight aircraft stationed on location in the Mojave Desert. - Trivia
Great movie, the first silent film I ever saw. I got to see it in the theater at USC. Lillian Gish was so great.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Rump wrote:23rd
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4

Once again Gosling staring inanely through a film and Leto hamming it up :down:

Thank god for the look, sound and holo-girlfriend :up:
I'm not the only one growing weary of Gosling's schtick? I mean it works for movies like Drive and Only God Forgives, and maybe even here, but it seems to be all he does. Even in La-La Land he just does this and occasionally sings and dances.
Does he have another trick?
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Rump wrote:20th
Dr. Jekyll vs the Werewolf (1972)
Paul Naschy returns as El Hombre Lobo for the sixth time as he searches for a cure to his full moon maddness by visiting the grandson of the infamous Dr. Jekyll. What ensues next is a lover's triangle, and a savage sadistic Mr. Hyde who roams modern London and transforms into a werewolf on the disco floor. :D
8/10
Review= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBaeQ6RiR8
I love these kind of ideas but unfortunately the studios seem to think these only belong in silly failed action-blockbusters.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Rump wrote:
Theres a few rewatches in this list... Vegas Vacation, Maximum Overdrive, Bowfinger, Timecop and (one coming up in the top 10)
Aah, gotcha.

Looking forward to finally seeing Black Panther next month. Hopefully nobody spoils it, unlike what happened to Get Out on Facebook. :x
ski petrol

Post by ski petrol » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Apex Predator wrote:
Aah, gotcha.

Looking forward to finally seeing Black Panther next month. Hopefully nobody spoils it, unlike what happened to Get Out on Facebook. :x
Bruce Willis is a ghost. Oops...didn't mean to spoil it.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:03 pm

Rump wrote:21st
Gaslight (1940)
Twenty years ago, old Mrs. Barlow was killed in her home at 12, Pimlico Square for her priceless rubies. The murderer searched the whole house without finding them, then disappeared. The house has been empty since then, but now Paul and Bella Mallen move into the apartment. Bella Mallen suffers from forgetfulness and nervousness - at least that is what her husband tells her. An elderly horse wrangler, B.G. Rough worked as a policeman twenty years ago and still remembers the unsolved case. He notices that Mr. Mallen looks just like Louis Barre, Mrs. Barlow's nephew. And why does Mr. Mallen mysteriously leave every night just to go into the apartment next door, no. 14?
8/10
Watch it free on youtube= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmtzaHwCKo

When later remade as Gaslight (1944) with Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman, the studio (MGM) attempted to have all prints of this earlier version destroyed. Fortunately, it was unsuccessful (in fact it is thought that director Thorold Dickinson surreptitiously struck off a print himself before the negatives were binned). - Trivia :) hah

I quite like both versions of Gaslight. I give a bit of an edge to the '44 version, but they're both solid.
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 am

15th
Julie Darling (1983)
This sombre European melodrama was also released as Julie Darling. A teenaged girl witnesses the rape and murder of mother. Because she hated her mom, the girl feels responsible for her death. Later on, her dad remarries. Despising her stepmother as much as she did the original article, Julie begins plotting her new mom's demise.
8/10
Clip= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipo2DpGMVpM

This movie gave me the creeps. Why didn't the father realize how messed up his daughter was? I don't want to watch this movie ever again. I love horror movies, but not when they actually make me feel uncomfortable. Don't see it unless you are doing some kind of report on Freud. - IMDB :D
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 am

Rump wrote:15th
Julie Darling (1983)
This sombre European melodrama was also released as Julie Darling. A teenaged girl witnesses the rape and murder of mother. Because she hated her mom, the girl feels responsible for her death. Later on, her dad remarries. Despising her stepmother as much as she did the original article, Julie begins plotting her new mom's demise.
8/10
Clip= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipo2DpGMVpM

This movie gave me the creeps. Why didn't the father realize how messed up his daughter was? I don't want to watch this movie ever again. I love horror movies, but not when they actually make me feel uncomfortable. Don't see it unless you are doing some kind of report on Freud. - IMDB :D
Seriously the description does not sound inviting.
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:16 am

14th
The Disaster Artist (2017)
Aspiring actor Greg Sestero befriends the eccentric Tommy Wiseau. The two travel to L.A, and when Hollywood rejects them, Tommy decides to write, direct, produce and star in their own movie. That movie is The Room, which has attained cult status as the "Citizen Kane" of bad movies.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPSJYXi7BWA

The standing ovation at the premiere was fictionalized but represents the future reception when the film became a cult hit. The real reaction of the first audience was uncomfortable silence and awkward laughter (described by one actress as "like trying not to laugh in church") - IMDB :D
Rock

Post by Rock » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am

I found The Disaster Artist enjoyable enough, but Franco not method-directing in Wiseau's style seems like a huge missed opportunity.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am

13th
Shrews Nest (2014)
Spain, 1950s. Montse's agoraphobia keeps her locked in a sinister apartment in Madrid and her only link to reality is the little sister she lost her youth raising. But one day, a reckless young neighbor, Carlos, falls down the stairwell and drags himself to their door. Someone has entered the shrew's nest... perhaps he'll never leave.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLVPWNcCqs
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:26 am

12th
The Human Vapor (1960)
A librarian is subject to a scientific experiment which goes wrong and transforms him into 'The Human Vapour'. He uses his new ability to rob banks to fund the career of his girlfriend, a beautiful dancer. The Human Vapour is ruthless in his quest for money and kills anyone who stands in his way, especially police. He soon becomes Tokyo's most wanted criminal. Can he be stopped before he kills again?
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJbsHRPBds

Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:41 am

11th
Valley of the Dolls (1967)
Anne Welles, a bright, brash young New England college grad leaves her Peyton Place-ish small town and heads for Broadway, where she hopes to find an exciting job and sophisticated men. During her misadventures in Manhattan and, later, Hollywood, she shares experiences with two other young hopefuls: Jennifer North, a statuesque, Monroe-ish actress who wants to be accepted as a human being, but is regarded as a sex object by all the men she meets, and Neely O'Hara, a talented young actress who's accused of using devious means by a great older star (Helen Lawson) to reach the top, pulling an "All About Eve"-type deception in order to steal a good role away from her.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-TXJMKVa_g

Judy Garland was originally cast as Helen Lawson but was fired when she showed up on set drunk. Other actors that were almost in the cast = Helen Mirren, Ginger Rogers, Lucille Ball, Mary Tyler Moore, Jane Fonda, Bette Davis, Robert Forster, Ursula Andress, Joan Crawford, Elvis Presley, Petula Clark, Raquel Welch, Julie Christie, Ann-Margret, and Jill Ireland. - IMDB
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am

10th
The Shape of Water (2017)
From master storyteller Guillermo del Toro comes THE SHAPE OF WATER, an otherworldly fable set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1962. In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in a life of isolation. Elisa's life is changed forever when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a secret classified experiment. Rounding out the cast are Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Doug Jones.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

Director Guillermo del Toro said about Sally Hawkins, "Not only was she the first choice, she was the only choice. I wrote the movie for Sally - IMDB
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:55 am

9th
Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay (2018)
A special group of imprisoned villains is brought together by Amanda Waller. Task Force X is assigned the mission of retrieving a mystical object. Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, and Copperhead risk their lives to find the powerful object.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPZZvk-wbGE

Dear god why they don't they do marvel animated films like this :(

Death Proof :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:02 pm

8th
Thelma (2017)
Having just enrolled at a university in Oslo against her stern parents' will, the sheltered Biology freshman and devout Christian, Thelma, leaves for the first time the isolated Norwegian countryside, to start a new life away from home. Tangibly lonely, a casual conversation and an unexpected friendship in the face of the beautiful fellow student, Anja, will broaden Thelma's hazy horizons; however, as the glacially alluring misfit wrestles with an onslaught of novel feelings, an unprecedented psychosomatic manifestation of repressed emotions takes over. A mystery cloaks soft-spoken Thelma's past, and the more she struggles to renounce her nebulous desire, the more violent is her quivering awakening. But can Thelma find a denied truth behind a stinging temptation?
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moZMdemqHsg

Takoma Takoma Takoma Takoma Takoma Takoma Takoma Takoma :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:14 pm

7th
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok, the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization, at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Thor's "friend from work" line about the Hulk was suggested to Chris Hemsworth by a Make-A-Wish child who paid a visit to the set on the day the scene was filmed. - IMDB :heart: Awwww
Rump

Post by Rump » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:24 pm

6th
Bridesmaids (2011)
Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.
8/10
Trailer= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgacDwgKiZg

Paul Rudd appears in a deleted scene as Dave, who briefly dates Annie. His role is uncredited, but the scene is shown in the deleted scenes section of the bonus features on the DVD. - IMDB