Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Discuss anything you want.
Rump

Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 pm

7th
The Laplace's Demon (2017)

A glass in free fall. Have you ever thought if it is possible to calculate into how many pieces it can break into? After numerous experiments, a team of researchers succeeds in doing just this apparently impossible task. Attracted to their experiment, a mysterious professor invites the scientists in his isolated mansion to know more about their studies. However, when they arrive, they are not greeted by their host but they are faced with a strange model of the mansion, in which some absolutely normal but incredible actions are acted. The researchers will soon understand to be involved in a new experiment in which they'll have to play a very different role than usual: that of the glass in free fall.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd570zJTsAc

Low budget but wonderfully creepy :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 pm

6th
6 Underground (2019)

What's the best part of being dead? It isn't escaping your boss, your ex, or even erasing your criminal record. The best part about being dead...is the freedom. The freedom to fight the injustice and evil that lurk in our world without anyone or anything to slow you down or tell you "no." 6 Underground introduces a new kind of action hero. Six individuals from all around the globe, each the very best at what they do, have been chosen not only for their skill, but for a unique desire to delete their pasts to change the future. The team is brought together by an enigmatic leader (Ryan Reynolds), whose sole mission in life is to ensure that, while he and his fellow operatives will never be remembered, their actions damn sure will.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcIuFTrLS6g

Wow low scores in most places.. i thought it was fun and actiontastic :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:16 pm

5th
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (2019)

Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood visits 1969 Los Angeles, where everything is changing, as TV star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) make their way around an industry they hardly recognize anymore. The ninth film from the writer-director features a large ensemble cast and multiple storylines in a tribute to the final moments of Hollywood's golden age.
8/10

Didn't like Quentin's hard-on for stuntmen making Bruce Lee look like a dick though :(
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:20 pm

4th
Doctor Sleep (2019)

On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless-mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and tween Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the "steam" that children with the "shining" produce when they are slowly tortured to death. Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father's legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant "shining" power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes "Doctor Sleep." Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan's own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra's soul...
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzFZxB-8cw

A most worthy sequel :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm

3rd
Hotel Mumbai (2018)

A gripping true story of humanity and heroism, HOTEL MUMBAI vividly recounts the 2008 siege of the famed Taj Hotel by a group of terrorists in Mumbai, India. Among the dedicated hotel staff is the renowned chef Hemant Oberoi (Anupam Kher) and a waiter (Academy Award-Nominee Dev Patel, Slumdog Millionaire) who choose to risk their lives to protect their guests. As the world watches on, a desperate couple (Armie Hammer, Call Me By Your Name and Nazanin Boniadi, "Homeland") is forced to make unthinkable sacrifices to protect their newborn child.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IxhVslvro

Totally riveting :up:
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 pm

2nd
The Invisible Man (2020)

Trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist, Cecilia Kass escapes in the dead of night and disappears into hiding, aided by her sister , their childhood friend and his teenage daughter. But when Cecilia's abusive ex commits suicide and leaves her a generous portion of his vast fortune, Cecilia suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of eerie coincidences turns lethal, threatening the lives of those she loves,
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pso0Aj_cTh0

Spoiler =
I loved that they used a suit this time
Yay Takoma :)
Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Rump wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 pm
6th
6 Underground (2019)

What's the best part of being dead? It isn't escaping your boss, your ex, or even erasing your criminal record. The best part about being dead...is the freedom. The freedom to fight the injustice and evil that lurk in our world without anyone or anything to slow you down or tell you "no." 6 Underground introduces a new kind of action hero. Six individuals from all around the globe, each the very best at what they do, have been chosen not only for their skill, but for a unique desire to delete their pasts to change the future. The team is brought together by an enigmatic leader (Ryan Reynolds), whose sole mission in life is to ensure that, while he and his fellow operatives will never be remembered, their actions damn sure will.
8/10

Wow low scores in most places.. i thought it was fun and actiontastic :up:
I gave that one a relatively low score for the dreadful character chemistry and overall dialogues, but the first two action sets are career's best for Mike. The penthouse, particularly, is so, so good. Too bad every team members hate each other.
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Charles wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:43 pm
I gave that one a relatively low score for the dreadful character chemistry and overall dialogues, but the first two action sets are career's best for Mike. The penthouse, particularly, is so, so good. Too bad every team members hate each other.
Didn't two of 'em get it on though?
Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:49 pm

Rump wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:46 pm
Didn't two of 'em get it on though?
But they still look like they hate each other! I think it was the French lady and the Russian guy, and they kept having those ignored quips and complete lack of teamwork during the whole thing.
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 pm

1st
Ready or Not (2019)

All of us have made certain efforts so our in-laws will like us, but Grace is going to have to give it her all if she wants to fit in with her brand new husband's wealthy dynasty, who require her to follow a brutal tradition: for the bride to try to survive her wedding night while the rest of them hunt her down. The class struggle stuff hits the proverbial fan in this extremely black satire starring a brilliant Samara Weaving and including an uncommonly perverse Andie MacDowell.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYTwUxhAoI

I knew from the get-go this would be my favourite.. and what a bitchin' trailer :)
Rump

Post by Rump » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:53 pm

Hotties of the Months

Miss January - Wisansaya Pakasupakul (Net-i-Die)
Miss February - Jessica Henwick (Underwater)
Miss March - Madeleine Mantock (Breaking Brooklyn)
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Rump wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 pm
The Invisible Man (2020)

Yeah, very glad I saw this in the theater right before that became a thing you can't do!
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 am

Rump wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:05 pm

51st
Timebomb (1991)
This one is a bit of a favorite for me. Low budget and a little hammy, but very clever.

Rump wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:14 pm

12th
Brain Donors (1992)

Can't believe i've only just heard of this!!!
The opera scene is genius :D
Oh yeah, this one is a classic in rare circles.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:26 am

Rump wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 pm
2nd
The Invisible Man (2020)

Trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist, Cecilia Kass escapes in the dead of night and disappears into hiding, aided by her sister , their childhood friend and his teenage daughter. But when Cecilia's abusive ex commits suicide and leaves her a generous portion of his vast fortune, Cecilia suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of eerie coincidences turns lethal, threatening the lives of those she loves,
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pso0Aj_cTh0

Spoiler =
I loved that they used a suit this time
Really, they did such a good job with this.
I am a big fan of the original and I was completely, totally satisfied and pleased with this one.
How funny that for all the money Universal has tried to throw at other movies in this "Universe" it's the $7M film with a female-lead that finally nails it.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 am

Rump wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 pm
1st
Ready or Not (2019)

All of us have made certain efforts so our in-laws will like us, but Grace is going to have to give it her all if she wants to fit in with her brand new husband's wealthy dynasty, who require her to follow a brutal tradition: for the bride to try to survive her wedding night while the rest of them hunt her down. The class struggle stuff hits the proverbial fan in this extremely black satire starring a brilliant Samara Weaving and including an uncommonly perverse Andie MacDowell.
9/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYTwUxhAoI

I knew from the get-go this would be my favourite.. and what a bitchin' trailer :)
I am dumb-founded.